What I Left Behind

By dinaAbu

She loves him and he loves her. But that is as friends of course. Blake Gray and Ethan Bradley are the clos... More

Prologue
What I Left Behind- Chapter 1
What I Left Behind- Chapter 2
What I Left Behind- Chapter 3
What I Left Behind- Chapter 4
What I Left Behind- Chapter 5
What I Left Behind- Chapter 6
What I Left Behind- Chapter 7
What I Left Behind- Chapter 8
What I Left Behind- Chapter 9
What I Left Behind- Chapter 10
What I Left Behind- Chapter 11
What I Left Behind- Chapter 12
What I Left Behind- Chapter 13
What I Left Behind- Chapter 14
What I Left Behind- Chapter 15
What I Left Behind- Chapter 16
What I Left Behind- Chapter 17
What I Left Behind- Chapter 18
What I Left Behind- Chapter 19
What I Left Behind- Chapter 20
What I Left Behind- Chapter 21
What I Left Behind- Chapter 22
What I Left Behind- Chapter 23
What I Left Behind- Chapter 24
What I Left Behind- Chapter 25
What I Left Behind- Chapter 26
What I Left Behind- Chapter 27
What I Left Behind- Chapter 28
What I Left Behind- Chapter 29
What I Left Behind- Chapter 30
What I Left Behind- Chapter 31
What I Left Behind- Chapter 32
What I Left Behind- Chapter 33
What I Left Behind- Chapter 34
What I Left Behind- Chapter 35
What I Left Behind- Chapter 36
What I Left Behind- Chapter 37
What I Left Behind- Chapter 38
What I Left Behind- Chapter 39
What I Left Behind- Chapter 40
What I Left Behind- Chapter 41
What I Left Behind- Chapter 42
What I Left Behind- Chapter 43
What I Left Behind- Chapter 44
What I Left Behind- Chapter 45
What I Left Behind- Chapter 46
What I Left Behind- Chapter 47
What I Left Behind- Chapter 48
What I Left Behind- Chapter 49
What I Left Behind- Chapter 50
What I Left Behind- Chapter 51
What I Left Behind- Chapter 53
What I Left Behind- Chapter 54
What I Left Behind- Chapter 55
Epilogue/Playlist

What I Left Behind- Chapter 52

1.1K 21 3
By dinaAbu

Chapter 52

Blake's POV

"Mrs. Blake Bradley?" I heard someone call my name.

I looked up at the doctor and gave her the best smile I could.

I stood up and walked over to her, "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Johnson. Is it just you today?" The friendly male asked me.

I looked at my phone and saw that there was still no response from Ethan.

I bit my lip. He was supposed to be coming but he was probably held up with his father. I understood.

"For now." I said giving him a soft smile.

He shot me a warm smile, "Okay, come with me and we'll get you started." He said leading me to a room down the hall.

"Okay just sit on this chair and we'll have some blood drawn from you to confirm if you're pregnant or not and then we'll see if we need to take a sonogram or ultrasound." He told me.

I nodded and let him draw the blood.

After a half hour, I still had no response from Ethan and I was starting to become worried. The doctor came into the room beaming.

"You're pregnant." He stated happily sitting down on the chair by mine.

I smiled at the confirmation and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Congratulations." He stated patting my shoulder.

"Thank you." I replied smiling.

"Would you like to see your baby?" He asked moving a machine closer to him.

Just then the door opened and Ethan came into the room with a flushed expression.

I instantly became happy and relieved that he was here.

"You're here." I said cheerful.

He came over and kissed my temple, "Of course I'm here. I got held up with my Dad but rushed over here as quickly as I could. I didn't miss anything did I?" He asked sitting down on an empty chair beside me and entwined his fingers with mine.

"Other than I'm really pregnant, no." I said beaming.

He shot me a huge smile and started to chuckle.

"We were just about to see if we could hear your baby's heartbeat." The doctor said squirting gel onto my belly. He then placed the machine over my belly and started to move his arms.

We both looked at the screen and saw black.

"I don't think we'll be able to hear anything since you're only seven weeks along but we can get pictures for you if you'd like." He said moving it around more.

"I'd love that, thank you." I said, not taking my eyes off the screen.

"Ah, there it is." He said pointing to a small white and black circle thing on the screen.

I felt Ethan's hand squeeze in mine.

The doctor continued to move around the machine and I was becoming anxious to see more. That little circle was a baby.

Mine and Ethan's baby.

Suddenly we started to hear something faint but it was a consistent drumming sound.

Thump, thump, thump.

"Looks like there's a heartbeat after all! Faint but it's strong for his or her size." The doctor said smiling.

I grabbed Ethan's hand that was in mine with my free arm and squeezed it tightly.

"Do you hear that?" I asked Ethan.

His eyes were glued onto the screen and he looked taken aback.

"That's ours." He said taking his eyes off the screen to look at me.

I smiled at him as he moved his hands away from my grip and placed them on my cheeks.

"That's ours." I agreed laughing.

He kissed me hard on my lips and licked my bottom lip before pulling away.

"Thank you, Lover Girl. Thank you so much." He said with passion glistening in his eyes.

I simply kissed him, showing him that I was just as grateful. 

***********************************************

Ethan's POV

It's been three weeks since Blake's appointment at the doctors and every day since, she's been counting down the days until the next appointment.

"One more week!" She said happily kissing my cheek as she walked to the foyer in our house.

"And where is my sexy wife going?" I asked standing in front of her as she put on her flip-flops.

"I told you I was going out to lunch with Chase today remember? He feels the need to make it up for me since he missed out on my birthday last week." She said placing her arms around my neck.

I put my hands on her waist, "Right that's today." I said not really liking the idea.

I was never completely comfortable with Chase. No matter how many times Blake said that he never thought of her like that, I knew guys. And I know when a guy is interested in a girl.

Chase has that look in his eyes that is only ever towards Blake.

If I weren't in the picture, he would be the first ready to sweep her off her feet.

"I'll be back in a bit. Love you." She said giving me a quick kiss before slapping my ass and walking out the door.

"Be careful babe." I shouted after her.

She winked at me and closed the door behind her.

I went over to the living room and sat on the couch as I turned on the TV.

About ten minutes later, the familiar ding to the alarm sounded and I stood up to see who came over.

"Hey ugly! What are you up to?" Charlie said closing the door and giving me a small hug.

I hugged her back tightly before flicking the top of her head playfully.

"Ow! You jerk!" She said rubbing her head right where I hit her.

I chuckled and walked over to the living room with her trailing behind me.

I sat back down on the couch and a baby pampers commercial came on.

"Ha... I can't wait to see you do that soon. Talk about the biggest fail." Charlie said laughing as she was sitting next to me.

I directed my gaze over to her to know that I was offended.

"Oh come on Ethan. You don't know the first thing about cleaning a baby's ass." Charlie said laughing even more.

"Maybe not, but how hard could it be?" I asked shrugging.

I never really thought about it but how hard could it be to take care of a kid?

Holy shit.

I was about to raise a child and I had no idea how the f*** to do it.

"Oh man you should see the look on your face right now!" Charlie said laughing loudly.

"This isn't funny Charlie." I told her with my tone becoming slightly irritated.

She was laughing uncontrollably. "Okay, okay. I know what we can do. Come with me." She said standing up and walking to the foyer.

"Where are we going?" I asked as she put on her flip-flops and grabbed her keys.

"Just come with me." She said dragging me to her car.

********************************************

"Wipe that ass Bradley! You got it buddy! You're about to beat your new record. Hurry!" Charlie shouted from beside me holding her phone in her hand.

"Done." I said proudly as I lifted myself off the couch and raised my hands in the air victoriously.

"Oh yeah! Thirty-two seconds! You got it." Charlie said giving me a high-five then dancing happily.

"What the hell is this?" Drew asked looking from me, to Charlie, to the baby doll that was wrapped in a pamper.

Charlie and I stopped and looked at Drew who was standing by the couches looking confused as anything.

"We were just uh-"

"I was helping stupid over here prepare for the baby." Charlie interjected.

Drew crossed his arms across his chest and walked over to the doll, "You're kidding." He said laughing.

"No kidding." Charlie added plopping down on the couch.

Drew sniffed the doll, "Why does it smell like chocolate?" He asked confused.

"That would be the Nutella I put on the baby's ass for Ethan to clean." Charlie said giggling.

Drew chuckled, "Your girl is going to flip. Out of every brown thing in the world you had to use Nutella." Drew said shaking his head.

I chuckled, "I know. But that's why I bought more at the store." I said nodding my head. I wasn't going to be a dumbass and waste Blake's Nutella. She was crazy over that shit.

"Drew you should try! I mean shit, I honestly thought you'd be learning this before any of us." Charlie said.

Drew raised a brow, "And why's that?" He asked offended.

She looked at him as if he had said something stupid, "Uh... I'm still surprised to this day that none of your sluts have come knocking on our door saying she's carrying your devil child." She replied.

"Damn Tiger. I may sleep with women but I'm not that much of a man whore like I used to be." He said defending himself.

It was true though.

When we first went to College, he had slept with many people but it died down quickly that same year. In fact, I'd be surprised that he'd be sleeping with more than one girl a month.

He just didn't have the time anymore with football and school and he wasn't all that interested with the sloppy females.

"Right." Charlie said rolling her eyes.

"You know what?! You should try!" She said handing Drew the doll.

"Oh no. I'm good. Not trying to be a father any time soon." He said handing her back the doll.

"Quit being a baby. Do it for the fun of it. I want to see this!" Charlie said unwrapping the clean diaper and making the dolls bottom dirty again.

"Are you seriously going to make me do this?" He asked.

"Seriously." Charlie said placing the doll on the table.

I laughed, "I'll time this." I replied opening the stopwatch on my phone.

"Why do I-"

"Shut up and do it damn it!" Charlie interrupted Drew.

"Alright go!" I shouted.

Drew looked at the baby's butt and examined it.

I looked at Charlie who raised a brow at his reaction.

"Ten seconds bud." I said looking at the time.

He hadn't moved yet.

"Where are the damn wipes or whatever you clean this shit with?" He asked looking at Charlie for answers.

"Oh crap. We need a new pack!" Charlie said scanning the area for wipes.

"Twenty five seconds!" I yelled laughing.

Drew looked at the doll frantically as if this was an actual baby and he needed to beat the time.

"Shit man what do I do?!" He asked confused.

I shrugged and continued to laugh.

Before I could even blink, I saw Drew licking the Nutella off of the baby's ass.

"Holy shit!" I said laughing.

"Holy f****** shit!" I said again holding my stomach from laughing so hard.

Charlie looked over at Drew and started to laugh uncontrollably.

"Diaper! I need a diaper you assholes!" Drew said still licking the doll.

I bent over and crouched my stomach from laughing so hard.

"DONE!" Drew said when the baby had no more Nutella on its butt.

Charlie managed to somehow speak, "Oh Drew, you managed to clean up the chocolate but you forgot to put the pamper on." She said laughing again.

I stood up straight but I was still laughing, "Oh man. That was funniest thing I've ever seen." I said laughing.

Drew looked at me causing me to laugh even more as chocolate was all over his mouth and cheek.

"Whatever man. That baby's ass is clean as anything." He said licking his lips.

"Do I even want to know what's going on?" I hear Blake's familiar voice say.

We all froze and turned our direction to where she was.

She stood by the entry to the living room looking gorgeous in her short shorts.

She had on an amused expression on her face.

Charlie was the first to speak, "No you don't want to know." She responded giggling.

"How long were you standing there for?" Drew asked embarrassed.

"Long enough." She said walking over to us.

"Is that Nutella?" She asked looking at Drew's mouth.

Drew and Charlie looked at each other with an "oh shit" expression.

"Don't worry babe, I bought you some more from the store today." I said laughing as I pulled her close to my body.

"Perfect." She responded kissing me softly.

"Did you do this too?" She asked amused.

I nodded my head slightly embarrassed.

"Charlie made me." I told her.

"Your man is good B! He had it down to thirty-two seconds." Charlie said.

Blake looked at me, "Wow, impressive." She said nodding her head approvingly.

"It's stupid." I told her chuckling.

"No it's adorable." She told me giggling

"Except Drew. That was just horrifying." She said looking at Drew.

Charlie laughed.

"Summer made." Charlie said going over to the couch and sitting down on it.

"Go wash your face. You look like an idiot." I said throwing a napkin at him.

"A sexy idiot. Try not to miss me baby." He told me smooching the air before walking to the bathroom.

"Yeah no." I replied walking Blake and I over to an empty couch.

We had a leather sectional that all pulled out for our guests to get comfortable.

I hit the button on the side of the couch and footrest rose up slowly.

"Movie night?" Charlie asked hopeful.

"You bet." Blake said cuddling against my body.

"What movie?" Charlie asked scanning the selections.

"Anything but romance. I've had enough of you two to last me a lifetime." Drew said directing his comment towards Blake and I.

"You'll understand. One day." I told him kissing the side of Blake's head as I wrapped my hands protectively around her stomach.

I still couldn't believe that she was pregnant with my child. It all felt like a dream to me and I was beyond grateful. I've never wanted this more.

"Magic Mike!" Charlie squealed.

Drew groaned, "No way Tiger. I may be in a relationship with Ethan but I'm not planning on ogling any other men at the moment." He said kicking his feet out on his footrest.

"Don't be a baby." She said.

They began to argue about the movie but I really couldn't have cared what they put on.

I kissed Blake's lips softly, "Kids." Blake whispered against my lips giggling.

"Tell me about it." I agreed laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
2.1M 82.9K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
622 115 38
Hannah is a teenage girl who lived in South Carolina with her two best friends. One day, Hannah is forced to move to Idaho with her dad. While living...
1.4K 149 28
Meet skylar, a fun, outgoing, beautiful young girl who spent most of her days with her best friend Tyler. Meet Tyler a handsome, intelligent, young...