Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Twenty Nine

35.2K 2K 448
By WriterAnisha_2307

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office

Armaan rotates the crystal paper weight, while sitting on his chair and remembers the events of the day. He glares at the desk and clenches his jaw occasionally, suppressing his anger.

A hand lands over his, stopping his actions and he lifts his face to see Rihan. He glares at him as well and releases his hand, but not before Rihan forcefully snatches the paper weight from his hand.

Rihan states, "Enough Armaan, end this fight here. The situation is only getting worst between you and Kavya."

Armaan retorts, standing to his feet, "End this fight, when she took it to the next level?"

Rihan protests, "You provoked her."

Armaan turns around and accuses, "So, you are a Kavya loyalist now, defending her in front of me."

Rihan rolls his eyes and explains, "I am not defending her, I am just enlightening a fact. You provoked her last night and this is how, she has responded."

He walks closer and continues, "And if you still need to blame someone, then blame yourself for the loss of the land."

Armaan faces him with a frown and he continues, "She bugged you and you didn't even realise? That microphone was right on your chest, she must have installed it in front of you. How did your sharp eyes failed to see her tricks?"

Armaan looks away, recollecting how Kavya hovered over him in the morning, touched his cheek and chest to distract him and install the microphone on his waistcoat button.

Similar feeling heats up his body, remembering her seductive touch and captivating hazel eyes. He was paralysed under her spell, unable to think and understand her intentions.

This annoys Armaan as he knew, she will do something to keep the land safe from his reach. He was well aware, she is planning a trap, yet he fell for it and ended up losing the land again.

Rihan speaks, drawing his attention, "Answer me."

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose and states, "I don't know, my mind was occupied somewhere else."

Rihan knew he is lying because of his gesture of pinching the bridge of his nose. Whenever Armaan is nervous or lying, he pinches his nose and when he is irritated, he will tap his finger tips on any surface or his knee, if he is sitting.

Though he fails to understand, why is he lying to him? Armaan has never felt ashamed to accept his failure or mistakes in front of him because Armaan knew, he will never judge.

His chain of thoughts get an abrupt halt, hearing Armaan's next words, "But two can play this game. She-"

Rihan interrupts, "Stop there, Armaan. I am searching another land, hell with this one."

Armaan opens his mouth to argue, but Rihan reminds him, "And Mister, you had promised me to talk with Kavya and work out a solution. But you are busy fighting with her!"

Armaan protest, "I was planning to find a solution with her, until she-"

Rihan interrupts, "She is performing her duty of protecting the land for the school. Why are you so adamant on fighting with her?"

Armaan turns around to face the window and Rihan continues, "Let me remind you, Kavya didn't propose this marriage. Your father proposed to his father and blackmailed you. If anyone has the right to keep grievances, then it's her and only her because she dreamed of having a loving husband, but got an arrogant businessman, who tricked her for his beloved company."

Rihan walks closer to stand besides Armaan, facing the side of his face, who is still staring outside the window.

Rihan retorts, "Still that woman didn't bother you nor became a liability on your head. She made herself a paying guest in your home and is living her life without making you feel her presence in your life. Then why are you so angry for? This is just a land!"

Armaan doesn't say a word as his thoughts go back to Kavya's words -

"I don't need anything from you, I will live my life on my own. You needed your rights in the company, which you got. You don't believe in this marriage and don't consider me as your wife.....That's fine by me. I promise, I will never ask or expect you to fulfil any duty of a husband. You are just my landlord and we will have a professional relation, where we have to fulfil the terms of the agreement of my stay in your home. Other than that, there is nothing, just nothing between us."

Rihan demands, grabbing his attention, "Will you answer me."

Armaan turns to face him in frustration and yells, "I don't know."

He doesn't wait for Rihan to reply and makes his way towards the door. He walks out, leaving a confused, yet worried Rihan behind.

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

Kavya enters her room after having dinner to sleep and shuts the door. She turns on the lights of her room, while making her way towards the bed.

But stops, seeing Armaan sitting on her bed with a furious look.

Kavya raises her eyebrows and asks, "May I help you?"

Armaan stands to walk towards her without breaking the eye contact and takes a hold of her arm to pull her closer.

Kavya begins, "What are you-"

Armaan places his finger on her lips and whispers, "Sshhh."

Kavya stares into his eyes as he moves his finger to draw random circles on her cheek, making her smirk at the memory.

She pushes his hand away and teases, "My innocent landlord is here to cry?"

Armaan accuses, "That wasn't a fair game, Kavya."

Kavya chuckles, walks past him to place her mobile on the table and corrects him, "It wasn't a game for me, to be honest. I was just testing your theory."

Armaan turns to face her with a frown and she clarifies his doubt, "You said you didn't have any experience with the girls."

She walks closer and teases him, "And I must say, your innocence amazed me."

Armaan glares at her and Kavya stands in front of him to ask, "Now you have come to throw next challenge or-"

He interrupts with a threat, "Back off before I even create hurdles for the NGO's other projects."

Kavya opens her mouth to warn, but Armaan interrupts by showing a photo, which shows a bulldozer near an under construction building.

She frowns in confusion at the photo and he informs, "Future old age home of the Helping Hand NGO."

Kavya stares at him and he corrects himself, "Wait, should I say history?"

She glares at him and he continues, "Because if you didn't give me the land within 2 days, then I will crush the building under the bulldozer."

Armaan walks closer, leaving no gap in between and assures, "And trust me Kavya, even if you use your father's powers, you can never prove it is my work."

Kavya continues to glare at him, while clenching her fists and Armaan smirks back, lifting his hand to cup her cheek.

He wishes, while caressing her cheek, "Good night, Mrs. Kavya Armaan Raichand."

Kavya pushes his hand away, making him chuckle and he turns around to leave, but not before winking at her to increase her anger.

Once Armaan leaves the room, Kavya curses under her breath and paces from one corner to another of the room.

She murmurs, "I can't let him snatch the land, it's needed by the poor children. But what if he is serious with his threat."

Kavya sits on the bed and thinks of a solution to keep the land safe.

Armaan's Room

Mary enters the room without a knock and demands, "Are you serious with the threat?"

Armaan smirks, removing his coat and enquires, "From when did you started eavesdropping business, Mary?"

She walks closer after shutting the door and backfires, "Since the time you started using wrong methods in the business, Armaan."

He removes his watch and wallet, then tosses on the bed before asking, "You believe, I will take that step for just a piece of land?"

Mary frowns in confusion and Armaan clarifies after facing her with a mischievous smirk, "That photo does not even belong to the NGO's construction site. It is taken from the internet."

He turns around to walk towards the wardrobe and informs, "I knew about their other constructions, so thought to use it against her."

Armaan turns around to face her and assures, "I am just scaring her, nothing else."

Mary walks closer and asks with a hint of hope in her voice, "So, you are no longer interested in that land?"

Armaan turns around to open the wardrobe and grabs his nightwear, while answering, "I can't leave that land."

Mary frowns again and walks closer to place her hand over his shoulder. She turns him around and stares into his eyes, trying to understand his intentions, but fails.

Armaan demands, "What?"

Mary states, "I am confused, Armaan. I have seen your anger, stubbornness and frustration entire life, which I even understand. But I am unable to understand this anger of yours. What is running in your mind?"

Armaan looks away, walking to his right and removes his tie, avoiding to make an eye contact with her.

Mary continues, "But I am somewhat confident, this doesn't concern the land. You can conveniently locate another land in a day's time. There is some other reason for your stubbornness."

Armaan doesn't say a word as he had no answer to explain his reactions. He was failing to decode his own intentions of challenging Kavya over and over again.

Before visiting the NGO, he had already located another land as the construction of school had begun, so he had assumed that Vikas might not agree to give that land.

But when he saw Kavya in the NGO, something in him forced to fight with her, make her agree to his terms by hook or by crook.

His interest had long back shifted from the land to Kavya, when she challenged him and a part of him was urging to fight back.

Armaan runs his hand through his hair in frustration and Mary walks closer, calling his name, "Armaan."

He states, moving to the washroom, "Leave me alone, Mary."

Armaan enters and closes the door. Soon she hears the shower sound and sighs to herself.

She thinks, 'What is running in his mind?'

Next Morning

Kitchen

A sleepy Kavya enters the kitchen and sits on the kitchen stool, while dropping her handbag on the floor.

This grabs Mary's attention and faces Kavya as she requests, "Mary, one strong black coffee please."

Mary walks closer and asks with concern, "What happened, dear? Didn't you sleep well?"

Kavya answers after a yawn, "How can I sleep when your boss threatened me last night for the land? I had to make sure the land is safe by arranging guards. Plus by 10 am, surveillance camera will be installed, so I can monitor the activities from everywhere."

Mary sighs and apologises, "I am sorry, I should have told you last night. I thought, you slept and will think over it only in the morning."

Kavya asks with a frown, "What are you saying?"

Mary informs, "You shouldn't have done any of these arrangements. Armaan will never take such extreme steps to get his work done. He was just scaring you, that was a fake photo."

Kavya stares at her in shock and before she can react, a deep chuckle grabs their attention.

They turn around to find Armaan, leaning against the kitchen entrance and smiling to Kavya.

He teases her, "Did my smart tenant spent a sleepless night?"

Mary rolls her eyes and Kavya glares at him, while Armaan walks closer. But instead of sitting across her, he drags the kitchen stool to sit beside her.

Armaan smiles at her furious look and continues to tease with fake concern, "Was the bed uncomfortable or was the air conditioner not working properly? See, you can tell me, I am your landlord and it is my duty to take care of your comfort."

Kavya retorts with gritted teeth, "No, the bed is comfortable and air conditioner is working perfectly. But my arrogant neighbor is a huge pain on my head. Can you kick him out of this Mansion?"

Armaan explains with fake concern, "But Mrs. Raichand, where will the poor man go? He has no other place to stay in Mumbai. At least give him a few days' time to locate another place."

Mary shakes her head at Armaan's attempts to annoy Kavya further.

But her eyes soon widen in shock, when she sees Kavya's hand clenching into a tight fist under the table. She has seen Kavya's practice and knew her punches are strong.

So to avoid a physical war, she interrupts Armaan's next words by scolding in a motherly tone, "No talking while eating, bad manners."

She places Kavya's breakfast on the table and informs the cost, "INR 300."

Kavya nods and Mary asks Armaan, "Will you eat now?"

He answers, keeping his eyes fixed on Kavya, "Just coffee."

Armaan stops Kavya by pulling her arm, when she reaches for her handbag and informs, "A complimentary breakfast as compensation for the sleepless night."

Kavya releases her arm and retorts, "I don't need anything from you."

He rolls his eyes and informs, "The agreement says, if you experience discomfort then you are entitled for a compensation. So, enjoy a free meal."

Kavya glares at him and reaches for the handbag to remove the money. She pays to Mary, then looks at her food and begins to eat.

Armaan shakes his head and thinks, 'So stubborn even when tired.'

He continues to stare at her as she eats and takes occasional sips from the coffee, Mary offered.

After eating, Kavya hugs Mary before leaving, which surprises Armaan. Yet it makes him smile and he watches her exit the kitchen.

Mary demands, "You will make me insane, Armaan. What is running in your mind?"

Armaan smirks at her and leaves the kitchen, making Mary sigh in helplessness.

Armaan's Cabin, RCG

At 6 pm, Armaan is a mail on his laptop, while sitting in his cabin and Rihan is seated across the table, reviewing a report.

They were interrupted by a knock on the cabin door. Armaan orders the person to enter and Rihan turns to find Sasha, entering the cabin.

Rihan turns back to face Armaan with eyes widen in shock, who is now shutting the laptop.

Armaan faces Rihan and smirks, silently answering his unsaid question.

Rihan states with shock evident in his voice, "You have got to be kidding me, Armaan. First stalking, now spying."

Armaan shrugs, while justifying, "If Kavya and Mary will not tell me anything, then I have my own ways."

Armaan shifts his gaze to Sasha, who walks closer to sit on the chair, beside an annoyed Rihan.

Sasha is Armaan's personal spy, who provides any information, he demands. He even helped Armaan in finding the real culprit, who sold the company's confidential data, two months back.

Sasha asks with amusement, "You didn't tell me, Kavya is your wife."

Armaan glares at him and orders sternly, "She is Mrs. Raichand for you."

Rihan rolls his eyes and thinks, 'This man is out of my understanding level.'

Sasha nods with an apologetic look and removes some papers from the pocket of his jacket along with a CD.

He starts informing, "The day you left for LA and the following day, no one either left or entered your Mansion. Then the following day, a girl named Ruhi came with her luggage."

Rihan shifts his gaze to Sasha, after he mentioned about Ruhi and Sasha continues, "Ruhi is Mrs. Raichand's childhood friend and an orphan. Her parents died in a car accident and her relatives denied to take care of her. They snatched everything she had and left her at a NGO, but Ranveer took care of her and even financed her education with other expenses."

Rihan's heart skips a beat, hearing about Ruhi's life history, but before he can react, Armaan stops Sasha by raising his hand.

He orders, "Sasha, I am least bothered for Ruhi, I just want to know about Kavya."

Rihan glares at Armaan for being heartless, but doesn't say a word and watches as Sasha forward a copy of Kavya's transfer letter to Armaan.

Sasha nods and informs, "Mrs. Raichand visited the NGO, on same day with Ruhi and completed the transfer procedures. She started working within 2 days."

Then Sasha forwards a set of papers to Armaan, making him frown in confusion.

The papers are the printouts of Divas in Defence advertising on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social networking sites, along with leaflets, which were distributed through newspapers.

Sasha informs, "Their other source of income, Divas in Defence, a self-defence training institute for females. They operate this institute in Ruhi's apartment."

Armaan and Rihan stare at Sasha in complete shock, unable to believe his words.

While Sasha goes on, "The girls are trained in martial arts, boxing and other self-defence skills."

He forwards the CD and informs, "They are quite good at it."

Armaan grabs the CD and immediately inserts it, in this laptop. Rihan raises to his feet and moves beside Armaan, curious to know the content in the CD.

Armaan plays the video and they watch, Kavya and Ruhi training the females. They were stunned to see, how professionally they were training others.

Armaan thinks, 'No doubt, I was finding it difficult to hold her that night. She is strong.'

Rihan thinks, 'Bloody hell! That innocent looking Ruhi can actually punch. Lesson learned, never judge a girl with her looks.'

Armaan then remembers Kavya's words on their first dinner in Kapoor Mansion -

"I am a nutritionist, I take care of everyone's diet and I even teach self-defence on weekends to all age-groups."

He even understands, how she and Ruhi were able to fight with goons to keep the land safe.

Armaan murmurs, "She told me, she teaches self-defence during our first meeting. How did it skip my mind?"

Rihan retorts with a glare, "Because you were busy tricking her to listen her words carefully."

Before Armaan can react, Sasha informs, drawing their attention, "They have 21 girls at present, divided in 3 batches, one morning and two in the evening. They have earned enough to survive."

Sasha than provides another paper to Armaan and informs, "Kavya's new bank account, she is not operating her older one."

Armaan scans through the paper and his eyes widen, finding just INR 50,000 in her account.

He thinks, 'How is she surviving?'

Sasha asks, while standing, "Is this information enough or you want me to search further?"

Armaan shakes his head in negative and Sasha turns to leave the cabin.

Rihan faces Armaan and opens his mouth to speak, but stop finding him engrossed in his own thoughts. He knew, what he is thinking and decides to leave him alone.

Armaan leans back in his chair, after Rihan left and recalls the incidents since the agreement has come into existence.

Every time Kavya pays for the meal, there is self-respect and pride, evident in her eyes. She never even touches the food, until Mary takes the money and keeps in her uniform pocket.

The self-respect, which encourages her to not depend on someone, who doesn't care for her. And pride, which motivates her to be capable enough to depend on herself for fulfilling her needs.

He even recollects, each night, exhaustion was clearly visible in her eyes. Her posture seemed to be limp and her steps were slow.

Armaan straightens up and replays the video. Though the video was captured from a distance, he can still see the tiredness in Kavya's eyes, but it didn't stop her from performing the job. She trained the females with determination.

The discomforting feeling engulfs his senses and he shuts the laptop with a bang. He loosens his tie, yet the painful feeling in his chest keeps increasing.

So, he grabs his phone and walks out of his cabin.

Bedroom, Ruhi's Apartment

Kavya lays on her stomach on the bed, after both the evening batches have ended. She stretches her arms, while moving into comfortable position and sighs in tiredness.

Ruhi enters the room with a hot water bag and places it, over Kavya's back, helping her muscles to relax.

Ruhi states with concern, "Kavy, this training along with the NGO job is exhausting you. I think, we have taken too many things in excitement."

Kavya nods and explains, "I agree, but we have our day-to-day expenses, so 3 batches are a must. Plus, we even need reserves for emergencies."

Ruhi gives a nod and states, "I know, though I am worried for your health. You are not habitual to this much exertion. You are becoming weak, Kavy."

Kavya informs with a proud grin, "Excuse me, I am Kavya Ranveer Kapoor, who is strong enough to manage this hectic life."

Ruhi rolls her eyes and Kavya continues, "And you are saying, as if you are habitual of this type of physical activity."

Ruhi informs with a teasing smirk, "Well, I am not a rich brat, who has servants for household chores. I am doing household and kitchen work, since 4 years. That's why I am not hugging the bed, like someone."

Kavya glares at her playfully and retorts, "Stop criticizing me."

Ruhi takes her seat beside Kavya and massages her back gently, making Kavya close her eyes in relaxation.

Ruhi states with genuine concern, "I am not criticizing sweety, I am worried for your health. It's just a few days and look at your condition."

Kavya smiles at her concern and informs after opening her eyes, "Don't worry Ruhi, I will be fine after taking a painkiller before going to sleep."

Ruhi opens her mouth to argue, only to stop with Kavya's words, "Ruhi, you know, out of 67 inquires, only 21 girls came back for admission. The funds we got now, will only help us to survive for 1 and a half month. Then what about later?"

Ruhi nods in understanding and Kavya continues, "We can't be happy with 21 admissions, we need to think of the future as well. We have to increase the advertising, so we can have enough admissions for the next month's batches. Plus, we need to start planning for the advance training."

Ruhi realises something and informs, "That reminds me, yesterday 3 girls from the morning batch have asked for advanced training course."

Kavya jumps in excitement and enquires, "Really?"

But the sudden pain in her back, makes her hiss in pain and fall back on the bed.

Ruhi massages her back and instructs, "Calm down, babe."

Kavya nods and Ruhi informs, "So, three girls asked for advance training. But I told them, the details will be informed later as my partner Kavya was busy with some mischievous mission yesterday."

Kavya smirks, remembering her evil plan and Ruhi chuckles, while continuing, "And today morning, you were angry on that pig's prank, so I didn't say anything."

Kavya groans in annoyance and Ruhi states, caressing her head, "Forget about the pig now, we have to plan the advance course, so we can inform them tomorrow. We have to make the list of equipment as well."

Kavya nods, composing herself and they start planning the course.

They decided to keep weekend batch of three hours each for two months. The fees of the entire course will be INR 40,000 per student.

On the cost of the equipment, Ruhi argued to pay whole as her personal expenses are less. But Kavya was stubborn at paying half the amount. So, Ruhi reluctantly agreed.

Living Room, Armaan's Mansion

Kavya enters the Mansion and walks towards Mary with slow, lazy steps. She hugs her from behind and rests her head on Mary's back.

Kavya murmurs in a low voice, "I am dead tired, every muscle of my body is aching."

Mary points out, "Even your voice is so low."

Kavya responds with an "hmm" and breaks the hug. Mary turns to face Kavya and cups her cheek, after observing her dull face and caresses her cheek lovingly.

Kavya informs in a low voice, "Can you bring my dinner in my room, I don't even have the energy to visit kitchen."

Mary nods and assures to bring dinner in 15 minutes. Kavya smiles and plants a kiss on her cheek, before making her way towards the staircase.

Mary turns to walk towards the kitchen, only to stop, when she finds Armaan standing at a distance. She finds his eyes fixed on Kavya, who is slowly climbing the stairs.

Mary notices the sadness and concern in his eyes. She walks closer and places her hand over his shoulder to draw his attention.

She enquires, "What happened, dear?"

Armaan shakes his head and answers, "Nothing."

But Mary knew, something is running in his mind, which he won't say now. So, she doesn't push him and informs, dinner will be served in 15 minutes, then makes her way to kitchen.

Armaan continues to stare at the direction, where Kavya went and couldn't stop himself from making his way towards her room.

He reaches at the door and hesitates before knocking. He waits for a minute, but she neither answers nor opens the door.

So, knocking once again, Armaan opens the door to enter the room and searches for Kavya.

He finds her laying on her stomach, on the bed and walks closer with a frown. Armaan finds her sleeping peacefully and hesitates, before sitting on the bed, beside Kavya.

Similar feeling of discomfort engulfs his senses, as he observes her dull face and furrowed eyebrows. Exhaustion is visible on her face, which makes his heart squeeze in pain.

He continues to stare at her face and without realizing his actions, he moves his hand towards her face. Armaan uses his thumb to rub her forehead in a soothing way to ease her stress lines.

Kavya visibly relaxes under his touch and sighs in relaxation.

Her reaction breaks Armaan's trance and he pulls his hand back, while panicking. He raises to his feet and stares at Kavya, who seems to be relaxed now, compared to earlier.

He thinks in shock, 'Did she feel it?'

His attention is grabbed by the vibration sound of Kavya's phone, which is placed on the bed.

Armaan finds Papa Sweetest name displaying on the screen and looks at Kavya, who is frowning in her sleep due to the disturbance.

He hurriedly grabs the phone and answers the call, so her slumber is not affected and walks away to allow her to rest.

Armaan presses the phone to his ear and hears Ranveer's voice, "How is my princess doing today?"

He faces a sleeping Kavya and clears his throat before speaking, "It's me, Armaan."

He hears Ranveer's serious voice, "Oh! The busy man finally got time to talk with his wife's father?"

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose, unsure of how to respond, but hears Ranveer's voice again, "You know, I am extremely, exclusively, supremely, intensively, thoroughly, wholly, energetically, theoretically, chronologically, dramatically, methodically, metaphorically, systematically, mechanically and technically annoyed with you?"

Taking a deep breath, he continues, "You left my innocent, sweet, cheerful, fragile, cute, beautiful, wonderful, lovely and adorable princess alone to go on your business trip. This is how you fulfil your promise to take care of her."

Armaan fails to understand, how to react and looks at Kavya, who is sleeping peacefully.

Ranveer sighs in defeat and informs, "I wish, I could scold you for real and in a worst way. But my princess said you are already apologetic for leaving her alone. You have called her daily to say sorry and ask for her whereabouts. So, I should not be say a word to you, or else I was planning to call and give you a good, huge lecture on responsibility."

The discomfort increases, learning Kavya has spoken lies to her father, so he doesn't get doubts for their relationship.

Ranveer sighs again dramatically and states, "You know, no other man is as vulnerable as a daughter's father. He wants to punch his irresponsible son-in-law on his face, but the pleas of his own princess stops him. The father is only allowed to shower him with love."

Armaan apologises, staring at Kavya, "I am so sorry."

Ranveer responds after a chuckle, "Hey Son, I was kidding. I can understand your condition, loss of two projects and damaged reputation calls for a panic situation. But you are handling everything with peace and maturity, I am impressed with your approach."

For the first time, Armaan wasn't happy to hear his appreciation, as Ranveer's earlier words clouds his mind, creating havoc in his senses.

Ranveer's voice grabs his attention, "And if you ever need any help, don't hesitate to call me. I don't address you as Son for namesake, I mean it and I will assist in every way possible. Don't think you are alone, okay?"

Armaan clenches his fist to control his unexplainable emotions and assures in a forced normal voice, "Yes, I will call you."

Ranveer replies, "Good and where is my princess?"

Armaan informs, "She is sleeping."

Ranveer questions with concern, "Sleeping at this hour, is she alright?"

Armaan faces Kavya and tells a lie, "She is fine, but last night we slept quite late, so she was tired and went to bed early."

Ranveer asks teasingly, "Last night slept quite late? What were you two lovebirds doing? Tell me, tell me."

Armaan doesn't respond and Ranveer teases him, "Awww my Son is feeling shy, don't worry, come here for 10 days, I will corrupt you."

Ranveer giggles at his own words and the uneasiness feeling increases in Armaan's chest, making it impossible for him to talk further.

So, he decides to end the call by saying, "Sure and I will ask Kavya to call you tomorrow."

Ranveer replies, "Ok son, you also sleep well and do call me whenever you are free for even casual chats."

Armaan assures and disconnects the call after they exchange good night wishes.

He walks towards the bed and places the phone on the side table, while staring at Kavya.

Armaan whispers, "I am sorry to make you lie to your parents."

The door of the room opens, revealing Mary with a tray of food in the hand. She frowns, finding Armaan here and walks towards the bed, to find Kavya sleeping.

Mary exclaims, "Oh dear, she slept without eating."

Armaan shifts his gaze to Mary and composes himself, while pinching the bridge of his nose. He watches as Mary, places the tray aside and cover Kavya with a duvet.

Mary informs him, "Your dinner-."

Armaan interrupts, "I am not hungry."

He turns to leave the room, without waiting for a response, making Mary sigh again. She takes the tray and switches off the lights, before leaving the room.

Armaan's Room

Armaan leans back on his bed rest, recalling Kavya's each struggle, since the time she has arrived to Mumbai.

Her struggle to accept their broken marriage and start afresh.

Her struggles to keep the truth of their relationship from her parents for her sister's wellbeing.

Her struggles to manage the NGO job, along with training institute to survive on her own.

Her struggle to face him, who has betrayed her and fight back on every challenge he throws at her.

Armaan takes a deep breath to calm himself, but the realisation of the harsh truth gives birth to a new feeling, guilt.

He starts feeling guilty as he realises, no one, but he is responsible to push Kavya in a struggling life.

He is responsible to snatch the luxury and comfort from her life.

He is responsible to break her trust and dreams of a happy married life.

He is responsible to force her to lie to her parents and create a fake image of him, so they remain stress free.

His guilt overpowers his senses and he stands to his feet. He grabs the glass to throw it, on the floor and punches the nearest wall, only to feel guiltier.

Armaan whispers, "I am sorry, Kavya, I am sorry to ruin your life."

The door of the room opens, revealing a worried Mary, who glances at the broken glass, then at him.

She walks closer and asks with concern, "Armaan, what happened dear?"

Armaan admits, "I have ruined her life."

Mary frowns in confusion, but before she can voice her doubt, Armaan walks past her and leaves the room.

She turns around and watches him descending the stairs, while talking with someone on his phone.

Basement, RGC Office

Armaan enters the basement to find Rihan and Sasha, waiting for her.

His eyes roam around the place and locates two other men, sitting on a chair with their wrist tied along with the chair's armrest.

Sasha informs, "These are the goons, who attacked Mrs. Raichand and Ruhi."

Armaan glares at the two goons as anger rises in his veins. He removes his blazer and watch, passing to Rihan, who has equal anger in his eyes.

Armaan starts walking towards the goons and releases their wrist by untying the ropes. He takes a hold of one of the goon with his collar and punches his jaw with great force. The goon leans back and releases his collar immediately to grab another goon and punch him.

Armaan yells, "How dare you touch my wife?"

Rihan's eyes widen in surprise, erasing his anger and making his lips curl up in an amused smile.

Armaan held both the goon by the back of their neck and pushes them together, to collide their face with force. Blood oozes out of their nose, but it doesn't stop Armaan from punching them.

He punches them simultaneously, using his both hands as anger keeps increasing. The goons find it difficult to find an opportunity to attack.

Anger, guilt, sorrow were visible in Armaan's action, which made his attacks fast and effective. Blood keeps oozing out of the goons' wounds, but he didn't stop.

He roars in anger and breaks one of the goon's arm, by twisting it forcefully.

Sasha and Rihan share a panic look and rush to stop Armaan, but he pushes them away and continues to punch the goons, until they collapsed on the floor.

He yells, "Let me kill them."

Rihan yells back, "Armaan enough."

Sasha and Rihan pull an angry, yet struggling Armaan away, leaving the two goons unconscious on the floor.

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 91 14
It's a love story between a college girl and a handsome ceo ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ Swetha Natrajanโค๏ธ She is a 20 years college girls who is s...
926K 3.3K 7
Standalone Some stories begin after marriage, intertwining two souls that complete one another. Adhiraj/ Rishav Ranawat A hot, dashing man who runs a...
235K 14.3K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
930K 58K 68
Three brothers Three brides Three stories All interconnected to each other Every couple has a problem and a story to support it. Let's find out will...