𝑨 𝑴𝒖𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕'𝒔 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕...

By OsitaBear26

❪✘❫ ⋙ ❝ 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑔𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 . . . ❞ .。.:*♡ 2016 S... More

─ ◉ ─「𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 」─ ◉ ─
01 || 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄
02 || 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 & 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄
4 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐂𝐑𝐈 𝐋𝐀𝐁
5 || 𝐈 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐎...
6 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐌'𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
07 || 𝐌𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄
08 || 𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐇𝐄𝐌

03 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑

1.6K 68 10
By OsitaBear26

She didn't have any idea why Donnie had been acting this way. She wanted to ask him some questions but she didn't want to set him off. Noticing the body language he was displaying, Y/n knew something was wrong.

As the family of Mutants use the waterslide to get back home to the lair, Y/n kept looking at Donnie the entire time she sat on his lap during the ride through the splashing tunnels. Once they made it to the lair, they made quite a mess and managed to splash Splinter with a ton of water.

"Alright, slow down!" Splinter said, getting up from the floor and grabbing Leo's attention. "Does anyone want to explain what's going on?"

Leonardo kneeled to Splinter. "Sensei, the Foot are attempting to break Shredder out of custody."

While Y/n got out of the water slide with the Brothers, she pulled out her phone which surprisingly has been safe from the water, and received a text message from her Aunt Jennifer. She opened up the messages and read them silently to herself. 

****

Aunt Jen
Are you alright? Uncle and I just got home and see you're not here.

Y/n
Yeah! I'm fine. I'm with the guys. I'll be home later. I love you!

****

After replying to her Aunt happily, Y/n shoved the phone back into her pant pocket and found the four brothers gathering around a large object underneath a tarp.

"Okay, guys, don't get too excited. It's still a work in progress." He says. He takes off the tarp and showed off the newest family vehicle.

She noticed the excitement and Donatello's voice and that is something she has always admired. There isn't a day where his laughter or his smile had failed to make her smile. You made her feel very warm inside like she was alive. He didn't make her feel like she was less of a person.

"Tartaruga Family." She chuckles, crossing her arms against her chest. "That's pretty cute."

Donnie heard her comment and smiled at her, even while still feeling a little bit awkward. He needed to answer with something like-- "Not as cute as you." Don said under his breath. Of course, anything said from Don's mouth made her turn beat red and every single time, she sweated.

Y/n follows the Brothers to the truck, watching them become much younger children at the sight of the different colored lights and gadgets hidden inside.

"Wow! Are you kidding me?" Mikey exclaimed. Y/n is pretty impressed with the interior as well. She believes she hasn't seen anything like it!

Then, she came around the driver's side of the truck and found Donnie already sitting in front tampering with some wires. She grabbed his attention and said, "Hey, can I come?"

Donnie's hands instantly quit playing with the wires and he looks down at Y/n. He sighed at her beautiful face, hating to turn her away from her company. "Y/n, I don't think so... You could get hurt."

"Please? I want to help." She somehow wanted to be useful for her four friends going out to chase a villain. There had to be a way she could help them out.

"Y/n, you would be a great help by staying here." He told her.

"But--"

He knew she was going to ramble on so he said--  "Okay! Monitor the truck's every move on my computer wall. There's a headset there."

"Seriously?" Y/n smiled. She instantly hugged the mutant turtle. "Thank you, Don! You won't regret it!" The girl ran from the truck and zipped through the lair to go set up the maps and headset at Donnie's computers.

She sat in the oversized chair, logged into his desktop, and pulled up the truck's location. Y/n turned on the headset and adjusted it on her ears to make it more comfortable and could hear the brothers' voices coming through the device. "Alright, guys. This is Y/n." She said into the mic. already hearing the truck depart from the lair.

"Awesome." Leo says. "Y/n, which way is Shredder's convoy?"

Y/n typed on the keyboard to find the cluster of cars. She found the blinking red dots on the screen. "Shredder's convoy is 7.2 miles east, northeast. Punch it!" Y/n watched the green dot which stands for the Tartaruga pick-up speed on the GPS map.

The girl waited patiently for anything that the brothers needed-- an update, any obstacles ahead, or something related to the car chase. She hoped that these four guys wouldn't get themselves into too much trouble with Shredder and the Foot Clan. She never thought in her life that she would be the girl sitting in a chair and making sure her friends are safe in a car chase.

While she monitored the location of the vehicle, she could hear distinct conversations coming from inside the truck. She would chat with the brothers every few seconds, guessing about what they might encounter during this Convoy Chase. Eventually, she heard the garbage truck's horn blaring through the headset, causing her to smile.

Now that she is hearing every sound and conversation taking place through the headset, she wishes that she was there with them. Maybe she should have convinced Donnie to let her come with him because sitting in this chair may be a great help, but she feels like she's not doing anything. But she did what she was told – help. When she navigated through the GPS screen, she was able to locate more Foot Clan approaching the garbage truck. And of course, she got to hear Rapahel have the time of his life because he was able to fend off a Foot soldier on a motorbike 

Y/n is beginning to envy the boys. There is no time for that now. She sees they got company. "Guys, you got more Foot coming behind you!"

She was amazed at what the Foot Clan could do. They had explosives and they were not afraid to come up to this garbage truck and try to take it down! Every time a Foot soldier attempted to attack the truck, the brothers' vehicle would end up attacking the soldiers back in funny ways. For example, Donatello managed to build these large mechanical arms that could be controlled from the inside. Unfortunately, those were destroyed during the car chase... thanks to Mikey. 

She watched the Tartaruga truck continue driving, using whatever gadgets it had left... Including some manhole covers being shot out in the truck's grille. Then, she looked through the public cameras that have been displayed on the screen and saw a helicopter that is approaching the scene. Y/n is amazed that the Clan brought the situation this far. They really wanted to help Shredder escape custody. "These guys just don't know when to quit," Y/n whispered to herself. "You got a chopper with an oversized magnet!" She said urgently into the headset.

"We see it! Great eye, Y/n!" Donnie said.

She watched the helicopter lower itself above the black truck that Shredder is suspected to be in. That magnet rested on top of the truck and picks up the rear, causing the back of the vehicle to rise and drop. She gasped once the top of the truck had been popped off like a soda can. "Guys, a cable is lowering into Shredder's suspected vehicle. Take care of it!"

The Brothers did what they were told. Leonardo launched a katana from the truck when Shredder latched onto the cable from the helicopter. Thankfully, Leo's blade cut the rope but it didn't stop Shredder from getting his freedom back. 

Leo needed to use another plan and that is Michelangelo. "Take the shot, Mikey!" The leader's voice rang through Y/n's headset.

Y/n is on the edge of her seat. She was able to see a live view coming from Donny's shoulder cam and she was in utter disbelief when Shredder took the courage to jump off of the truck and disappear into a mysterious bright blue light. He disappeared into the mass, not leaving any traces of where he could have gone. Donatello instantly slammed the brake, stopping the truck and watching the rest of the convoy disappear down the road with his brothers.

"What the heck?" Raphael was heard through the set.

Y/n narrowed her eyes, confused about what she had just witnessed on Donnie's shoulder camera. "What just happened?!" Y/n asked quickly.

"He's gone!" Raph said.

"Where'd he go?" Leo asked.

"W-What? What just-- that makes no sense! He's just dipped!" Y/n turned the volume up on the headset. She sighed, sitting back in the chair. "Guys, come back to the lair. We'll discuss what happened."

"On our way." Leo said.

****

While Y/n was waiting for her four friends to return home, she sat in the office chair thinking to herself... How did Shredder disappear like that? Can this kind of phenomenon even exist? She didn't know what questions to ask because there are so many of them jumbled up inside her head.

As soon as the brothers arrived at the lair, she stayed in the office chair, letting the brothers around her as she replayed the footage for them. April even showed up-- this meant it was important. "Okay, so... he vanished?" Y/n asked at Donnie's computers.

"Wait, wait, wait. Y/n, if you run the video from my shoulder camera through an electrostatic filter, we might be able to see what happened to Shredder." Donnie explained as he watched Y/n replay the footage. Then, he signaled her to pause the video. "Look! Right there!" Donnie pointed out.

Leo squinted at the screen where it paused at that mysterious moment. "What is that?" He questioned the blue light from earlier.

"It appears to be some kind of residue from a teleportation event." Said Donnie.

"Yeah, teleportation event residue, man." Mikey repeated.

Y/n has never seen such tech in this generation. "Can this kind of technology even exist?"

"Baxter Stockman's been working on this kind of tech for years." Don replied to Y/n.

Earlier, April was able to go to Grand Central Station and pick up on some information about Baxter Stockman, a man who is probably one of the smartest in the world. 

When April got the emails from Stockman's tablet back at the station, she remembered a few things about it. "All of that stuff I pulled off his iPad, it was full of information about Shredder and the Foot Clan. It was like a virtual playbook." She said. "Baxter may have a backup and I bet it is on the mainframe at TCRI."

"The mainframe..." Don repeated.

Y/n raised an eyebrow at April, wondering what she was up to. She leaned back in the office chair and watched her converse with Donnie. "Don, I need something. What do you got?"

"Wait." He licks his lips. "I know exactly what you need." Donnie begins digging through a small box he had sitting on his desk. He pulls out a USB Drive and smiled at April. "Totally plug-and-play." He holds it up.

April took it. "Perfect. I'll go check it out."

Y/n took this as a great opportunity. She shot up from Donnie's office chair and jogged up to April. "I'll come with. You might need some assistance." Y/n followed the reporter.

"We'll come with you, too." Said Leo. "Operate and support."

"Guys, wait." April said to the Brothers.

Y/n looked at the pipes above her and saw the sunlight shining through, she looks back at the four mutants. "The sun is coming up. None of you can go outside. You'll be seen."

The Brothers hated to hear this. They never liked staying inside during the day. But they knew that people wouldn't understand them for what they are.

Before Y/n and April could leave the lair, Donnie tried stopping them so he could speak to Y/n alone. He wasn't able to speak with her earlier because of the Knicks game. It was too late once Y/n and April left the lair.

"What's got you, man?" Leo asked Donnie, nudging his shoulder.

Donnie shrugged at Leo. "How do you tell someone you like them?"

Leo's eyes widen at Don, not expecting that question. "Well, Mikey let April know he likes her by calling her weird nicknames and hiding love letters in her purse."

Rolling his eyes, Donnie went to his chair and sat down with Leo following him. "No, I mean... I like Y/n, Leo. But I can't get the words out to tell her, you know?"

"Oh." Leo understood. "Well, you can always show her instead of telling her."

"How?" Don asked. "I'm terrible with women. Talking to them, I mean. April is a friend which is why I can talk to her, but Y/n... she makes me weak at the knees." He explained.

Leonardo mumbled, wondering what Donnie could do to speak up to Y/n. "The locket for her birthday was a great gesture, and I think Y/n might like you already, Donnie. Have you seen the way she looks at you?"

"The way she looks at me?" Don glanced up at Leo. "How?"

"She can't stop smiling whenever she sees you. Her eyes are soft and her heartbeat probably quickens." Leonardo grinned at his little brother. "Give it time." Leo pats Don's shoulder as a sign of encouragement.

Hearing Leo's words did make Donnie feel better about himself and Y/n, but he wasn't sure how to handle the Shredder situation while she was in his life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 723 50
➳ 𝑀𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑦𝑝𝑠𝑒 5【✔】 (2016 ᵗᵐⁿᵗ) (Book 5/7 of the MA series) (135, 027 words) ⚠️ Caution: This fanfiction may contain strong lang...
376 5 17
Donnie is Non-Binary. That would normally be fine, but a new side of their life is starting to get in the way of coming out. This "new side" is named...
6K 834 35
➳ 𝑀𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑦𝑝𝑠𝑒 3 【✔】 (2016 ᵗᵐⁿᵗ) (Book 3/7 of the MA series) (71, 140 words) ⚠️ This fanfiction may contain strong language, sex...