Petrichor - b blake

By 1-800-FAVORITECRIME

Felicity "Flick" Callaway is a mechanic for Mecha Station. It's been her dream to go to Earth. Ever since she... More

introduction
01
PART ONE
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10

09

1.8K 41 0
By 1-800-FAVORITECRIME

CHAPTER NINE
in which murphy gets revenge

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

"Miller! Careful where you're hitting! Wouldn't feel very nice if you blew an arm off!" Flick shouted at the delinquents.

Currently, the delinquents were setting up the land mines she made with Jasper. So far, everything was going according to plan.

"Come on. Those foxholes aren't gonna build themselves. Better hope those land mines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades," Bellamy turned to face Flick after directing the delinquents who were't setting up the land mines.

Flick threw a glare at Bellamy. "You want to come over here and test one?" She asked dryly.

"Cute," Bellamy sarcastically laughed. "I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field." Bellamy turned to walk away.

"Hey," Flick stepped in front of him. "I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning.

Bellamy rolled his eyes. "And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." He turned to walk away again but she grabbed his arm, forcing him to face her.

"I'm talking to you. We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn," Flick snapped at him.

Bellamy opened his mouth to say something; however, a gunshot interrupted him. "Whoa! What the hell was that?!" Miller yelled.

Flick followed his gaze to Sterling, who looked to be half asleep. "Hey," Bellamy shoved his way towards the teen. Flick immediately followed him. "What the hell is the matter with you?!"

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day," Sterling looked genuinely scared. Poor kid.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder!" Bellamy shouted at the delinquent.

Flick placed her hand on Bellamy's arm and he turned to face her. "Bell, you're scaring people."

"They should be scared! That bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone! Probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!" Bellamy shouted at the delinquents.

Another one of his "inspirational" speeches.

Everyone immediately gets back to work, and Flick noticed Jasper go into the drop ship. Bellamy followed after him. If they're about to fight, then I'm not being apart of it.

Flick turned to the delinquents and started ordering them around again. Looking back at the drop ship, she saw Bellamy exit, and Murphy enter. Flick met Bellamy at the water tent, where they stood in silence. After a moment she turned to face him. "How's Myles doing?"

A voice crackled over his walkie before he could say anything. "You know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy." Murphy.

Bellamy grabbed his walkie from his pocket and pressed down on the button. "Tell Bellamy what?"

"Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles." Jasper rushed out. Flick's eyes widen. Shit.

Bellamy and Flick ran to the drop ship when the door began to close. Bellamy punched the door and screamed some harsh curses at Murphy. "There has to be a way in. Like a back entrance." Bellamy turned to Flick.

"I'll go check," Flick said and hurried to the back of the drop ship. She kneeled and felt around the back of the ship. "Jack pot." Flick looked down at the loose panel and grinned.

Flick raced around the side of the ship again and grabbed Bellamy's arm gently. "Bellamy, you were right. There's a loose panel on the back. If I can pop it, we can get in through the floor," Flick said in a rush.

Bellamy sighed in relief and Octavia muttered an apology. Flick went back to the rear of the drop ship and started prying the panel out of place. After moments of working, the drop ship doors creaked open. Rising to her feet, Flick jogged to the front to see Bellamy enter the drop ship. No. God no.

Octavia kneeled next to Jasper and untied him, Flick hurrying to help. When he was untied, Jasper quickly went behind the drop ship. They got the panel off and crawled in. It's a mess of wires. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Very cool," Flick mumbled, looking around.

Jasper shook his head impatiently. "Stop thinking like a mechanic and find me something to shoot through," Jasper snapped.

"Well, this mechanic is gonna hot wire the door," Flick smirked and crawled over to the wires.

Jaspe followed her in and pointed up. "There's the hatch."

Flick heard Bellamy and Murphy talking upstairs. "Locks from above. Forget it," she said, looking at the many wires. "I give you an order, you follow it, right?"

Jasper smacked his forehead. "Damn it. He's up there because of me."

"Help me find the door circuit," Flick whispered and Jasper sighed quietly.

"We lost Clarke. We can't lose Bellamy too," Jasper said.

Flick sighed in exasperation. "Jasper, shut up. They are, like, right above your head," she whisper-yelled at him.

Jasper smirked. "Good. I'll have to shoot through the floor. I just need to figure out where Murphy is."

"Bad idea," Flick pointed to the fuel tanks above them. "Holy crap. There's tons of it."

"The engines fired late on the way down. We can make more bombs," Jasper realized.

"Yeah. Put that on our to-do list. But from now on, no shooting, you got me?" Flick said.

There was gun shots above and Jasper faced her. "Get that door open."

Then he was off running outside. Flick looked for the right wires, squinting at the tiny labels. Why is this so hard for me? Jasper came back with Octavia, but they stayed outside to give her space to work. "We need to do this now," Jasper said the obvious.

"I'm working as fast as I can. The wires for the door are mixed in with the ignition system. Sparking the wrong one would be bad," Flick said, not even looking up.

Flick heard their footsteps fade away, probably to wait by the door.

She pulled a wire and she yelped when the shock rang through her fingertips. Murphy said something.

"No!" Flick heard Murphy pull the trigger, before a white-hot pain spread throughout her lower back. She gasped in shock and quickly connected the two wires. Flick breathed heavily from her spot on the ground, her ears were ringing.

At least Bellamy is safe.

An explosion rocked the drop ship, and Flick winced as the pain in her back got worse. She dragged herself out of the opening and leaned against the wall. "Oh fuck," she whimpered, seeing the blood flow passed her pale hands. Flick struggled to her feet and pressed her hand harder against her wound.

Flick used her other hand to hold her up against the drop ship. "Help me," she gasp out, nearing the crowd of delinquents. Bellamy noticed her first.

"Flick! Flick!" Bellamy sprinted to her, scooping her up into his arms.

Jasper hurried over. "Murphy shot her." Jasper's eyes widened in realization.

Clarke gasped and nodded to the drop ship's ramp. "Get her into the drop ship."

Flick cried out in pain when Bellamy started walking. He quickly stopped and looked at the crying girl in his arms. He looked to Clarke before sighing. "Clarke, leaving here is a mistake."

Clarke said something, but Flick couldn't focus on anything except the ringing in her ears. Bellamy sighed again and carried her into the drop ship. Flick couldn't stop crying, the sound haunting to Bellamy.

"Bell, it hurts," she whimpered. Flick felt so weak, but weakness wasn't something to be hide.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

published date: 4-12-2021
edited date: 11-22-2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 346 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...
3.1K 61 13
Calliope Kane had the perfect life...or so it seemed. Till her mother was floated and her father managed to create a deal that got her sent to earth...
196K 3.8K 150
Bellamy Blake X Dakota Solace • Dakota was sent down to earth as one of the 100. Her knowledge is put to the test on the ground as she makes a connec...
316K 6.3K 55
"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards...