In Love With the Enemies

By catsRULEdogsDROOL

The only life under thinking, confused Maroon remembers, is her life with Viva. Maroon's life takes a dramat... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Eight

3.6K 102 16
By catsRULEdogsDROOL

Caleb continued to slam his fist on the bathroom door as Maroon stood examining the bruises. 

How could this be happening? It was a dream. It had to be. Caleb himself said he was with my the whole time. 

Tears poured from Maroon's eyes as she brushed a hand over an bruise on her rib. It hurt so much.

"Maroon! What is going on? Open the door?" Caleb shouted, his voice panicked. Maroon looked at the door, noticing with Caleb persistence and strength, the door wouldn't hold for much longer.

So she ran hot water and splashed her face in hope to clear her red eyes, or hid the tears at the least. She didn't want Caleb to see her tears, he'd only worry more.

Finally, alright with her appearance, Maroon opened the door. Caleb stood, his fist risen about to hit the door, but lowered it when he noticed Maroon. He grabbed her shoulders and leaned down a bit to look in her green eyes.

"What is wrong Maroon? What happened? Are you hurt?" Caleb questioned, his eyes scanning her body for injury. 

Maroon shook her head, "No. I'm fine." She lied, smiling at Caleb. Caleb didn't seem to buy.

"What is going on Maroon? I know you are hiding something." 

Maroon pushed Caleb's hands away and chuckled, walking over to her dresser to grab some fresh clothes to change into. Caleb watched her like a hawl, following her every move. He wasn't buying her act.

She sighed and turned to him. If she told him, he'd either think she was crazy or immediatly blame Viva. Knowing he'd choose the latter, she smiled.

"Caleb, stop watching me like that. I'm alright. I just, freaked a little. So can you just forget it already." Maroon was trying her hardest for Caleb to just  drop it and go back to normal, what ever normal is this. She smiled, walking towards him.

He didn't flinch, move, speak or anything. It was like he was a statue. She laughed and punched his arm. When he didn't move, Maroon walked past him into the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

She placed her hands on the sink and sighed. She didn't really understand why she was really hiding this all from Caleb. She just had this feeling in her that told herself not to tell Caleb, yet another part of her was screaming for her to run to Caleb and tell him everything. Why?

Now clean and changed into fresh clothes, Maroon tied her wet hair into a ballerina bun and walked back into her room. Caleb stood exactly where she left him, only this time he his arms were crossed and his eyes were closed.

She walked over to stand in front of him and waited for him to look at her. He didn't. What, was he ignoring her now?

"What are you doing?" She asked, folding her arsm as well, just because it was comfortable.

"Discussing with Kyle." Caleb stated, still not moving or looking at her. She found it increadibly rude.

"About what?" 

"You." 

Maroon scowled as she now was angry. How can he just stand there, talking in his mind about her while she is right in front of him. Maroon lifted her foot and stomped on Caleb's foot. That got his attention.

"What was that for?" Caleb said, now looking at her questionable.

"It is increaibly rude to talk about be people when they are right there." Maroon replied, her voice sassy. 

Caleb sighed and looking down before looking away. He was in thought again.

Maroon huffed out a breath, "You could at least tell me what you are saying about me." She complained.

"I'm asking him if he knows anything about your sudden fall, since you obviously don't." 

Maroon felt guilt rise in her as she was now the one looking away. She didn't know why she passed out and would sure like to know, but she did know about her dream, or vision, or what ever it was she witnessed and felt. 

"Just tell me Maroon. Stop hiding what ever it is you know. Was it Viva? Did he attack you?" Caleb questioned angrily. He stepped closer, as if he was trying to intimidate her and protect her at the same time.

"Viva had nothing to do with it. He wouldn't hurt me. I don't know what happened. All I know is after you left, I felt dizzy so I decided to just come upstairs and rest. When I got here I must of collapsed or something. Then that is it." Maroon said truthfully, leaving out the dream part though.

"What about the pain part? Can you explain that?" Caleb said, looking down at her questionably.

"I-I-" Maroon stuttered.

"I told you Maroon. When you screamed about being in pain. What was that? And don't say you remember, because I know you are hiding something and I believe that is the very thing you are hiding. Just tell me. If it was Viva, you don't have to lie to protect him. Just tell me!" Caleb demanded, shouting by the end. Maroon flinched. 

"It wasn't Viva." Maroon whispered, "It was a woman." 

Caleb spun around form where he had walked and stared at Maroon. "A woman? Who? Someone from the pack? Was it Paisley?" Caleb questioned, his eyes turning dark and his body shaking. 

Maroon shook her head no, although part of her wanted to say yes just to get Paisley in trouble, but she didn't.

"No. I couldn't tell who she was, but she was kicking me." Caleb seemed to get angrier and walked over to take her hand.

"What do you mean? Someone was hurting you?" Caleb questioned, worry and protection in his blue eyes.

"I don't know. I think it was me." Maroon paused, closing her eyes and sighing. "She wasn't physically kicking me, but she was kicking someone else. I think it was me, only it felt like a memory."

Caleb's hand tightened in hers. "A memory? What do you mean?"

"I mean, I think the person the woman was kicking was me. Only when I was younger." Maroon paused, "I don't know. I don't really understand. I just know that every time the woman kicked– me or whomever the person she was hurting was, I felt the pain too. I can't really explain it." 

Caleb exhaled and seemed now lost in thought. Maroon sighed and waiting for Caleb to say or do something. Suddenly, Caleb grabbed Maroon's hand and started to pull her out of the room and downstairs. He pulled her all the way outside and towards another building. 

The build was was small, only one story and made of red bricks. Maroon struggled to keep up with Caleb continued to pull her towards the building. 

"What are you doing Caleb?" Maroon questioned, a little out of breath. Caleb ignored her and walked faster. 

They entered the building only to walk over to a simple wooden desk where a short, old man sat. The desk was empty of everything but a single pen and a small note card.

"I need you to pull up any information on a Maroon Baitmen." Caleb said, his hand still holding Maroon's as she tried to catch her breath. 

The old man nodded before writing Maroon's name on the paper. The paper suddenly disappeared and stacks of paper appeared. Maroon stared shocked at the paper, before the old man, who looked back at her bored and expressionless, before looking at Caleb. He nodded to the old man before taking the papers and dragging us out of the building all the way back to the house.

Again, Maroon was out of breath as she collapsed down onto couch. Caleb had brought them into a room that looked similar to the living room, but was larger, didn't have any windows, and in the east corner was a black grand piano. 

Caleb placed the papers on a table in between the couch and another chair that matched the pattern and fabric of the couch. He sat on the edge of the chair and started to look through the papers.

"Caleb, what are you doing? What are all these papers for?" Maroon questioned, catching her breath and moving to look at the papers too. She lifted the one from the top and looked at it. It was her fifth grade report card. They were all B's and two A's. She stared at the paper. In the top right hand corner in bold print was the name Gordon Elementary School, K – 5. 

Reading the name, Maroon felt her heart ache. It didn't hurt, but surprised her. She gasped as she placed a hand on her heart.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Caleb quickly asked, looking at her worried. Maroon stared at the paper.

"Gorden Elementary School. That was my school." Maroon whispered, reading the name over and over in her head. She had forgotten. She placed the paper back down and reached to grab another one. This one was a picture of kids, all seated neatly alined with an middle aged woman standing next to them. They were all smiling.

Maroon gasped as she felt the familiar ache. "Mrs Wismen's first grade class. She was my favorite teacher." Maroon smiled down at the picture as she examinded it, looking at the teacher. She moved to kids and started to remember.

"There is Jenna Hatlsad. She was my best friend." Maroon paused, the ache slowly turning to pain. Jenna was smiling largely at the camera, her curly hair long and pushed back with a yellow head band. Jenna's golden brown eyes sparkling with happiness. Maroon's throat felt dry as she held back tears. Standing next to Jenna was Maroon, her hair was cut into a 1960 style bob, straight bangs in front, her hair was light brown though. Maroon hardly recognized herself.

"Is that you?" Caleb asked, sitting down next to Maroon and placing an arm around her waist. 

"Yeah." Maroon looked to see who was standing next to her. Soon enough, Maroon recognized him to be Isaac Newland. He wasn't smiling at the camera, but smiling at Maroon. She noticed his hand was holding hers. 

"Who is that?" Caleb asked, frowning at the boy holding my hand.

"Isaac Newland. He was my "boyfriend"." Maroon answered, smilng and chuckling at the picture.

"Your boyfriend? You're in first grade." Caleb teased, looking at Maroon. 

"Yeah. I know. I just wanted to feel grown up." Maroon replied, smiling.

Maroon continued to look at the picture, reconizing all the children as her former class mates.

"What is this?" Caleb asked as he moved back holding a photo of a little girl sitting at a piano, her mouth open like she was singing, her small fingers pressed to the keys.

"That is me, I think." Maroon said, thinking out loud. 

"You play the piano and sing?" Caleb asked, turning to smile at her. She looked at him, confused.

"I guess? I forgot." 

Caleb got up and pulled her up along with him, he then started to walk her to the piano placed in the corner. 

"No, no. I was little in the photo, I probably sound horrible, my parents must of thought it was just cute or something. I can't." Maroon rambled, risisting as he dragged her to the piano before plopping her down in the seat. 

"Caleb. I can't. I don't even remember how to play." Maroon said, turning to get up. Caleb sat next to her and placed a hand around her waist to stop her from struggling.

"Well, remember then. I'm sure you can do it." Caleb insured, smiling sweetly. He then took her hands and placed them on the keys. "You can do it."

Maroon shook her head smiling and settled herself and hands on the keys. This felt familiar, right. She played two notes before her hands started to smoothly dance across the keys and music flowed through her into this beautiful melody. She felt the ache in her chest, but she felt free and happy as she then hummed along.

*Press play on youtube link to listen. Beautiful song.*

Hitting the last note, there was silence. Both Maroon and Caleb sat shocked. Maroon remember the song, You Raise Me Up. Her father would always play it when she was a child, and when she turned four, he taught her it so whenever he was gone or she missed him, she could play it. 

Tears fell from Maroon's eyes before she even noticed them, but she didn't wipe them away. The ache in her chest grew and she felt something inside her snap. Sobs echoed from her as she cried and Caleb held her tightly.

Maroon's tears didn't really stop, but she knew she couldn't sit there with Caleb anymore, she needed to know more. Why had she suddenly forgotten her past? What was there still to figure out? 

Maroon pulled away, wiping her tears, and chuckled. "Sorry for crying all over you." Maroon apologized, patting at his wet shirt.

"It's nothing. You don't have to apologize Maroon." Caleb softly spoke, his breath caressing her face. Then she noticed how close they were, their faces only inches apart. Seconds ticked by and each one their faces somehow grew closer and closer.

The ache in Maroon's chest came back and she thought of Viva. Viva... Quickly Maroon turned her head away from Caleb's and pulled back.

"I can't. I'm sorry." Maroon whispered, looking down. Caleb sighed and got up. 

"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't of..." Caleb stopped himself and breathed in a long breath before walking over towards the couch and sitting down. He sighed again before picking up an another piece of paper and looking at it.

Maroon got up as well, moving back to the couch. They were both silent, but it wasn't akward which Maroon was thankful for. So instead she picked up another paper and looked at it, but didn't really look at it as her mind wandered again to Caleb as he looked down at the paper.

She smiled at Caleb. His blue eyes searching the paper he held in his strong hands, his blond hair falling in his face, but it didn't seem to faze him as he just looked at the paper. 

Long chapter. I know. Hopefully it wasn't boring. If it was, hold on for the next one. It will have a big surprise and a bit of action. :) 

Thanks for reading again too! Hope you liked it! If you did, you know where the vote button is. 

Question: Maroon is remembering everything now. What do you think she has yet to learn about herself? What caused her to forget in the first place?

What do you think of the cast slideshow to the side? :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.2K 35
As an Angel, Mira never expected to find love. All she knew was crushing on a male that had been off limits to her since day one of her being made an...
8.7K 126 38
Cornelia Isabella Santos is a sixteen yeas old girl who was beaten up by everyone including her own family members. She who had been beaten up and al...
9.2K 418 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...
388K 13.9K 31
Angel has been on her own for what feels like the majority of her life. Fresh out of foster care, she must try and make her life better than everyon...