Heart Beats Blue

By Allysshortstories

Nia Malcolm has always dreamed of becoming a cop like her father and her dream has finally come true but in c... More

First Impressions
Men..
Mother knows best
That night ( Mature 18+)
A Lesson Learned
Grand Theft Auto
Cops N Robbers

Jaxton Ropes

0 0 0
By Allysshortstories

Sitting in a quiet little coffee shop beside the department Jaxton folds up his newspaper and waits for the check.

Exhausted from driving and extremely homesick, he looks around the shop feeling oddly alone. He had never liked LA he left too many bad memories behind when he left for Baltimore at 19.

In only 3 years he was on a roll top dog for so long, years spent building a name for himself just to wind up right back here.

Some high up suit and tie that's never risked his life for anyone gave the call for him to be transferred. He was a king, a hero in Baltimore. Here he was a faint memory.

JAXTONS POV

I left everything behind in Baltimore and i find myself questioning my actions.

Shaking my head i think of the smug look he wore on his face as my boss told me to get packing.

I should have refused or used my social status as a leverage but my pride led me here and ill have to make the best of it. I'm a damn good cop I tell myself as i begin to get out of my seat

All of a sudden a voice calls out "Jax!" I scan the room to see who it is and I notice the snappy female rookie from yesterday.

I shoot her a look, my best stay away from me glare. But she's so persistent it just doesn't work. She's walking over. She flips her hair over her shoulder and practically bounces over in a nervous annoying girly way and a smile escapes me.

Obviously she wasn't told this was an undercover unit she's in full uniform. As I'm looking her over I must admit she looks good she's got a very pretty face and a sensational figure, gentle brown eyes a wicked smile..

I stop myself mid thought and focus back on being an asshole. I just have to enjoy this moment she's fun to mess with besides there's nothing wrong with a little torture.

She stands in front of the chair across from me seemingly needing my approval to take a seat.

"So this is undercover to you?"

I say teasing her and she instantly turns red and begins to babble some uninteresting story about her day.

I'm focused on her eyes, she has kind eyes for only a moment though as i've noticed her quickly growing agitated.

She clears her throat turns up her nose and asks if I'm going to say anything. Given the fact I haven't heard a thing she's been saying I ask "Decaf?"

This makes her mad of course as it does all women. Okay torture time is over its time for boss mode.

"Order a coffee you're going to need it hun and then get changed."

I say calmly meeting her eyes once more. Her brown hair is swept Into a neat ponytail and she doesn't seem to be wearing any makeup, but still she is beautiful.

"I can just wear sweats and a tank right?" She questions

while motioning for the waitress i smile "Yes, that's fine whatever is comfortable." She smiles back and orders a small coffee black.

I decline a refill and begin telling her the plans for today

"I will be asking a favor of you today Nia."

I try to think of a good way to explain. "What do you have in mind?" She asks while grinning ear to ear.

Im clueless as to what she's so giddy about but I continue "I need someone to go undercover for me."

I say this as quietly as possible. There's always listening ears wherever there are cops.

"Isn't this an undercover unit?" She teases stirring her coffee waiting for my comeback.

I raise my eyebrows and sarcastically reply " Wait this is an undercover unit? Who told you that!!"

She gives me a little stare down and replies "Just confused as to why you need a favor if being undercover is all of our jobs now."

Looking over my shoulder and then back to her i lean in very close and whisper "Off the record".

Then i lean back and look at her for any sign of interest in what I've asked and aside from her flushed cheeks she has no reaction to my request.

"Well?" I say aggravated. "What do you need me to do?" She asks. I find myself impressed with her courage and i smile and pat her on the shoulder

"Well that didn't take much convincing huh?" laugh and she laughs too probably at my suddenly cheerful new mood.

"May I ask why its off the books?"she says and I think of lying to her for a moment but i decide it's a risk to not give her the truth.

She notices my silence and continues prying for answers She playfully raises her eyebrows at me and i do the same right back to her.

"So why me?" She asks "Why someone that has never been in the field or undercover? Looking at the ceiling for an answer i shrug

"Its because you wont react to certain situations the same way as other officers." I say motioning for the check.

She nods although I feel i've lost her completely.

"It's because you are still innocent!" "Still naïve" i blurt out trying to make her fully comprehend what im getting at.

"So this will be dangerous right?" "I'll be in danger?" She says in a low voice.

I reply " No." Brushing my fingers through my hair

"You will be in dangerous situations..but I won't be far away." She nods and remains silent.

"Look I've gotta go sleep on the idea and find me when you're ready." I say as nicely as possible.

She looks surprised,"Wait that's it for today?" "She asks as I stand up to leave.

"Well it is for you. Your partner left you remember? " I laugh and then offer to take her home.

She sits there contemplating what to do . I can tell that i am not her favorite person but I'm just trying to be nice here.

Before deciding that it would be a long hot walk alone in a uniform. She brushes past me and heads out the shop to my car.

Ugh. Women. I grin and I leave the waitress a generous tip considering Nia didn't even drink her coffee, yet but made a mess with her creamers.

I head out the shop and i walk around to the driver's side of the car "Do you have a GPS?" She asks as I buckle my seatbelt and turn the ignition.

"Nah I know where I'm going" i smile stealing a glance at her puzzled expression i drive out of the parking lot and onto the road. I turn on the radio and head for the Malcolm home.

"If you're wondering why I know the way I'm no stalker just a friend of your dad"

Taking my eyes off the road for a moment i look over at her. Her eyes remain on the road and she looks over at me too eyes full of sorrow.

I can't help but talk about Eddie still like he's still alive and i realize that we both share something in common, loss. and I wish I could tell her the truth. But not yet, Its not time.

As i turn onto the street she covers her face with her hand and a flicker of fear splashes her face.

Puzzled i try to focus in on what's got her shook,sure enough i see a police cruiser parked out front. "That your partner?" I ask dryly parking behind him.

Taking off her seatbelt and swinging the car door open she goes " Sure as hell is!" And starts walking up to the car.

I turn off the car and against my better judgment i go after her.

A man steps out of the car and stares me down and starts flexing as i approach the house.

Nia goes up to him and the two begin arguing like two teenagers. Already over it i cross my arms and call out

"That's enough let's go our separate ways," Nia mouths "Thank You" turns sharply and goes in the house.

He remains by his car and I turn to get back in mine, but not before a firm grasp pulls me backwards.

I couldn't believe this clown just put his hands on me. I'm livid and just disgusted with him off rip.

I shove him and he takes a jab at me barely missing my face , I duck and step back "I'm not the one to fuck with".

I warn him to get back into the car as we step closer.

"Then don't go putting your nose in my business,What me and my girl do don't concern yo ass!" he barks back angry at me.

Totally instigating i laugh and snap back " Your girl? " I fold my arms across my chest and rock back and forth on my heels smiling for a moment before teasing him some more.

"why was YOUR girl in my car... Why does YOUR girl listen to ME?" I say in a smug tone.

I've struck a nerve and soon find myself pinning him against the car his arm twisted behind him

. He yells out "I'm a cop!" I throw my head back in laughter and yell back" I'm your new captain!" And just like that its over.

He's calm and finally the fights over. "I don't care who you are" he replies walking back to his car.

"Well you should punk!" i snap. Eric gets in his car and floors it.
I watch him drive away and I sit in my car for a little while until I'm confident that he won't return.

Driving back I find myself wondering what Nia was doing right now..would she accept the assignment and could it really work this time?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 0 7
A handsome new associate (Henrick Khan) in Adelina Carmichael father's crime syndicate catches her instinctful eye. She knows there are rules about t...
376 68 21
Sparta Police have no idea the OPS team has come to town to take down a crime family before handing them over to the US Marshal's. Sparks fly when Fr...
27 9 6
A brilliant, fatherless and fearless undercover agent gets married to a rude, rich, young C.E.O. Enemies begin to reflect. Heat rises, what's the wa...
4.6K 60 21
NOT FOR ANYONE UNDER 13. NOTHING IS BLOCKED OUT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! Dante Sinclair never cared about his family's money. All the young billiona...