We Remain- An avengers fan fi...

By thejeditribute

Christy has not seen the Avengers in over a year. After learning that her father is alive and that her whole... More

We Remain- An avengers fan fiction//FAN ART Q&A
Chapter 1-Disbanded
Chapter 2-Typical Tony
Chapter 3-Don't wear PJs in the kitchen.
Chapter 4-Love and War.
Chapter 5-My Week is Ruined by a Kiss.
Chapter 6-To Catch a Spider-Man
Chapter 7-I am shocked.
Chapter 8-Learning to live.
Chapter 9-I hit a wall.
Chapter 10-The Wrong Villain.
Chapter 11-The Master Plan.
Chapter 13-Is it Just me?
Chapter 14-High Voice, Act Natural.
Chapter 15-Trust and Pizza.
Chapter 16-A High Advantage
Chapter 17-My Oscar Worthy Performance.
Chapter 18-We Remain.
Epilogue: Chapter 1 of "Stand Together."

Chater-12-I get Caught

2.3K 102 24
By thejeditribute

Chapter 12-I get Caught.

I take a step back,
"What do you mean?"

Act casual, Christy. Actually, act your scared innocent self.

"I know your true intentions, Christy," Loki says.

"I don't know what your talking about," I say.

"Of course you do, I can read minds. Not that you would remember that," Loki smirks.

No way. He can read minds? Sorta like.....no Christy don't think her name. I can't take any changes with Loki. I have to do this. Don't think.

"You tricked me!" I yell.

"What?" He orders.

"You tricked me into putting that spell on my friends!" I scream.

Loki looks shocked,
"They actually drank it?"

I start to cry. It's not hard because I really am mad at Loki.

"Of course! Now one of the worlds greatest heroes is under your control!" I yell at Loki, "you kidnapped this girl, who you thought was me, and forced her to join you!" I cry.

Loki glances at Beka, her face is placid.

"Take Christy to her room," Loki orders one of the guards, "Keep her there. No one goes in no one goes out."

The burly guard grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room. Loki remains with Beka and another guard.

I don't think until the guard shoves me into my room. There is a massive bed in the center with a dark green mattress. Gold colored furniture lines the room while a pink (Loki has horrible coloring schemes,) rug sits in front of the bed.

Now that I can think clearly without someone reading my mind.

Loki still thinks that Peter and Beka are under his command. He knows that I tried to stop them from taking the spell but from their reactions he thinks they are real.

Rebekah has telepathy? Major mind reading skills. Why didn't she tell me sooner? I guess that's not something you tell everyone. Does Loki know her ability? It's his fault she has this power. Man I wish I had super powers....

I pace the room slowly.

Peter can't do much, except swing on walls. Even at that, he may be to wounded to work.

What will Loki do with me? Considering he left me in this stupendous room, his intentions can't be good.

Bait? Maybe. He could hold me for ransom? But who would want me? S.H.I.E.L.D maybe. No. They haven't come for me yet, so I guess they don't care.

Why does Loki care?

Peter and Beka did an amazing job of acting. I just hope they keep it up. Loki's not stupid.

But neither am I.

What to do what to do. Loki's keeping me for a purpose. That I know.

I glance around the room.

No windows. I am probably ten feet underground so digging is out of the question. Also, what would I use as a shovel?

I step inside the bathroom. No electronics such as hair dryers, curlers, or straighteners. Smart move.

I open the drawer in under the sink. I smile because Loki doesn't know a girls most dangerous weapon.

Bobby pins.

Hundreds of them sit in the drawer in front of me. Grabbing three of them I run to the door.

Locked. Just like I thought.

"This is what happens when you mess with Christy, Loki," I laugh under my breath.

I dart to my closet and grab one of my green heels. What? It's kinda the only weapon I have right now. Loki confiscated everything else.

Opening the bobby pin I stick it in the lock. Twisting to the right, I hear the lock *click*. Yes!

Slowly I push open the massive door. A goon stands guard, waiting for Loki's instructions. I take off the heels I'm currently wearing so I won't make any more noise that I have to.

Raising my eight inch green heel, I clunk the guard on the head. He falls to the ground, unconscious. He's going to be fine, but he might have a nasty bruise tomorrow.

Smiling I push the three bobby pins in my hair. Leaving the guard I dash down the never ending cycle of coordoors. I have to knock out one or five guards during my short journey, but eventually I pause, searching for a way out.

Then I see it. A light. That must be the exit. It has to be. My heartbeat picks up as I run for the door that will lead me to safety.

I can't believe I did this!

Almost there!

Two inches from the door, two inches till I am finally free, a hand wraps around my arm and pulls me to the ground.

"Freeze!" The black masked goon yells.

"Let go of me!" I scream.

The goon kicks the shoe out of my hand, far from my reach. It skids across the polished floor until it rests at the feet of a man in green.

"Loki," I mutter.

"Trying to escape....with a shoe?" Loki laughs, "very very creative, Christy. But not very smart."

"What? Is the shoe not smart or the escape?" I ask.

Loki tilts his head,
"Both. It only took you an hour. I thought it would take you longer to devise an escape plan."

Don't rub it in.

"I had limited recourses," I smile.

Loki picks up the shoe then nods at the goon,
"Take Christy back to her room."

The guard keeps both hands on my arms and leads me away from Loki.

"By the way, Christy. Your friends have proved very useful to me in the past hour. They have told me many S.H.I.E.L.D tactics and secrets," Loki says.

What? How? They didn't even drink the potion? Did they?

"To answer your question, Christy. They did drink the spell," Loki says.

I can't see his face but I know he's smirking.

I don't speak to the guard leading me to room, and he doesn't speak to me. In all honesty I don't want to speak to anyone.

How could Peter and Beka drink the potion when I specifically told them not to! Well, thought them not to.

Finally when we reach my room, the guard speaks,
"Ten more guards will be here in a few minutes. I suggest that if you don't want a guard standing watch in your room tonight, behave."

I wish I had something to throw at this guy. He's making this situation harder than ever. Wait....

Lightbulb! I have one more shot at this.

I mange to wriggle one of my wrists free from the goons grasp. Reaching into my hair I pull out a bobby pin and swiftly point it at the guards neck.

"Let go," I command.

Loki's guard grunts, grabs me by the waist, and pulls the bobby pin out of my hand and throws it on the ground in one fluid motion.

Well that escalated quickly. Time for plan C.

I start I scream, but the guard covers my mouth with his free hand. Kicking open my door, he quickly skits inside, with me hoisted upon his shoulders.

After locking the door he sets (drops me) on the floor.

"Be quiet! Do you want the whole city to find us?" The guard asks.

"Find us? Who are you?" I order, "how dare you try to...."

The guard shakes his head and covers my mouth again with one hand.

"Please, Christy. Help me now by being silent," the goon says.

I shake my head in anger. Who does this guy think he is? No goon of Loki can handle me like this!

The guard seems to notice my displeasure and rips his mask off, still covering my mouth in the process.

It isn't a goon at all.

"Steve? Steve Rodgers?" I say I pull his hand off my now shaking mouth.

"Shh!" He says, "Loki doesn't know we are here."

"We?" I ask.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. We are here to rescue you," Steve says.

Now S.H.I.E.L.D comes. Gee, that helps!

"It sure took you long enough!" I start to whisper shout, "Do you know how long I have waited for you people to show up? Long enough. And you think that you can help me now, after Loki has turned one of our guys to his side? This is ridiculous!" I silently scream.

"I know," Steve says.

"And did you know that Loki has a...wait...I know?" I ask.

"Fury wanted to wait. I told him we should have moved immediately, but he thought you could handle it," He says.

"Obviously I'm doing a fantastic job," I laugh sarcastically.

"Dr.Banner finally found your signal yesterday. I made the decision to come after you, with or without Fury. He chose to come along....."

"Wait. Hold the phone. My signal?" I ask.

Steve flushes red,
"Oh um...yeah about that. Commander Fury placed a tracker in your back right molar," he says quietly.

"There's a tracker in my tooth!" I yell.

That's fantastic.

"How long has it been in there?" I ask.

"Since the day you woke up and couldn't remember me," Steve says.

"What?" I ask, "I couldn't remember anyone. Why would I remember you?"

"Because I love you. I love you, Christy. You may not love me but I will say it to the whole world if I must because as long as I live, I will love you," Steve says.

His words take me back. No a actually take a step back. My blonde hair has long fallen out of its pretty up-do, ad I probably look like a train wreck. But I don't care.

"Did I love you?" I question.

"Yes," Steve whispers.

I close my eyes and try to remember.

Steve Rodgers.

Nothing.

I remember nothing.

"I'm so sorry, Steve," I say.

He takes two steps closer to me. For some reason my stomach starts fluttering.

"I must have loved you," I say, "because I'm nervous," I admit.

He smiles,
"I know. That's what I hoped for."

Steve takes my hands in his and stares at me.

"What exactly is a kiss?" I ask.

His smile just gets bigger.

"Let me show you," he says cupping my face.

Somehow my eyes close, I guess by instinct.

I wait...but the kiss doesn't come.

When I open my eyes, Steve is glancing around his shoulder and staring at the door.

"Someone's coming," he says, "we have to go?"

"Let's go then!" I agree.

Two (real) guards burst into the room. Steve goes into action. Taking down both guards in less than a minute.

Steve thrusts his mask on before another guard can enter. He kneels down beside the unconscious guards, then looks up at me. I can't see his eyes because of that mask.

"Trust me, Christy. It might help if you act worried though," Steve says.

So I act worried.

Five more guards run it.

"What happened soldier?" The head goon asks.

"I heard gun shots and yelling. When I came I here these guards were down and this girl was terrified," Steve says naturally.

Has he been rehearsing this?

"Ma'am, would you mind telling us what exactly happened?" Steve asks.

Alright, Christy, do your stuff.

"A man in black broke down the doors. He started to run at me but these two guards attacked before he could reach me," I lie, "The man was wearing a grey suit, had brown hair, and a large black gun."

"He got away?" Steve asks.

"Yes, right before you entered," I say.

The guards looked convinced.

"S.H.I.E.L.D has attacked the building," The head guard tells Steve.

"S.H.I.E.L.D's men have grey uniforms," Steve points out, "we have to get this woman to safety!"

Steve grabs my arms and pulls me out of the room. Leaving the other guards slightly speechless yet amazed.

I'm amazed.

Ha, even Steve had me convinced that he worked for Loki.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"S.H.I.E.L.D is giving Loki a distraction while I save you!" Steve tells me.

A red alarm begins to blaze throughout the building. I hear distant gunshots and yelling.

We run down countless halls and coordoors. I'm actually not sure how Steve knows where we are going. But I'm kinda low on options here so, I'm going to trust him.

"Not much farther!" Steve calls out.

Okay!

Where is he taking me?

My question is answered thirty seconds later. Steve and I emerge on top of a large building. I assume it's Loki's building. The sun blinds me since I haven't seen it in over threeish weeks.

A helicopter, not fifteen feet from us hovers in the air. It looks like heaven. Except for one thing, the battle on the roof. Bullets, bodies, and broken metal pieces fly everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Loki's goons and three dozen or so S.H.I.E.L.D agents fight on the small roof space.

A male S.H.I.E.L.D agent apears out of nowhere and hands Steve a shield. Steve gets in front of me and shields me with his shield.

That would be funny if I were not trying to die right now.

"Take cover!" A man yells.

Bullets bang against the shield protecting us. The noise is loud and awful. If it were not for Steve, I would have either passed out, went crazy, or died already. Steve and I gradually make our way to the helicopter.

"Evacuate!" A woman calls.

A line drops from the helicopter as we near it.

"Climb! And try not to get killed!" Steve yells.

"Not making any promises!" I call back.

After five minutes if swinging and trying to avoid being shot on the ladder, I finally hoist myself into the copter. I lean my head out to watch Steve, much more gracefully than me, climb the ladder.

The moment he steps inside the copter, the pilot shouts.

"All personnel, evacuate. Repeat evacuate, subject has been retrieved," the pilot says.

The battle begins to die down as we take off in our getaway helicopter.

"Great going, Cap," the co-pilot says.

It takes me a minute to realize the co-pilot is Nick Fury.

"That was easy, sir," Steve says.

Yeah, it was....to easy.

"More or less," Fury replies, "good to have you back kid."

"Than..." I start to speak but my arm suddenly starts to throb.

"Christy!" Steve cries.

I remove my hand to reveal blood running down my arm.

"Sir, she's been shot," Steve says.

"Get us back to base, pilot," Fury orders.

So S.H.I.E.L.D got me out. I just feel like something's missing. Yes, I was shot and it feels like someone is stabbing my arm....but.....someone.

My edges of my vision is turning black.

"Christy, don't pass out," Steve yells.

Too late. I'm losing consciousness. Someone....oh.....no......

We forgot Peter and Beka.

*********************

A/N: I posted this early because I'm going to have like ten or so girls over at my house this weekend for a Church event!

I'll try to post Sat but we will see.

Thank you all for the lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to them sooner...my wattpad won't let me reply to any comments...trying to fix that...but thank y'all so much!!

Okay that's all:)

-AnnaBeth.

1/22/2014

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 371 14
Sequel to The TEAM Willa Stark was 19 years old. Still getting used to her powers only having half control over all the powers. But with Weird Phone...
130K 3.7K 15
Christy Romanoff's life is perfect. *Was perfect. Everyone knows keeping a secret is difficult. It's even more difficult when your sister is Natash...
142 7 6
Bruce banner was a good dad, though he spent more time at work than at home, he was always there for you. One day while living on a military base in...
626K 32.8K 49
★ WINNER OF THE SUPER FANFICTION AWARDS (BEST CAPTAIN AMERICA STORY) ★ Highest Ranking: #76 in Fanfiction (27/5/16) B...