George O'Malley

By GreysWolf202

Riley Foster, a 24 year old woman who dreams of being a doctor. As she begins her intern year at Seattle Grac... More

Introduction
~one~
~two~
~three~
Another fic.
~four~
~five~
~six~
~seven~
~eight~
~nine~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~nineteen~
~twenty~
~twenty one~
~twenty two~
~twenty three~
~twenty four~
~twenty five

~eighteen~

4K 74 4
By GreysWolf202

Riley's POV

It turns out, McDreamy is a Mcjerk. Derek has joined George on my list of people I would rather not see this week. I'm out of luck however, I'm on Derek's service tomorrow. He forgot to mention that he was already married, and his wife showed up and introduced herself to Meredith. So, together Mer and I are angry with George and Derek.

Also, Christina is pregnant. She told Meredith at the bar, and Meredith passed the news along to me. I was called in the minute I got home. Groaning, I jumped back in my car and sped to the hospital. When I arrive, Izzie tells me that I'm on call. I apologize, and thank her for reminding me. I guess I forgot in all the commotion going on.

Since there was no major traumas, I found the nearest on call room and crashed.
~~

"Okay people, assignments. Yang, you're on discharges. Omalley and Foster, report to room E19" Bailey storms into the locker room.

"You've got to be kidding me" I groan, slowly following George out of the room. He looks almost as bad as I do, his hair looks like it hasn't been washed in weeks. It's very curly and dirty.

George walks next to me in the halls, but doesn't say a word. I know he wants to by the way he keeps glancing at me.

"Look, we have to work together, there's not another option on that one. But we don't have to talk to each other" I remind him, but I can see a look of guilt and hurt on his face.

"Right. Strictly business. No personal talk, got it" He nods his head, tensing his jaw.

We approach the nurses station, asking for the chart to room 119. The nurse hands it to us with no hesitation with a smile on her face. George thanks her, reading the patients name. When he looks shocked, I peek over his shoulder and read the name Webber,Richard. My eyes widen and I quickly look to the room In front of me. Sure enough, Chief Webber sits on the bed with bandages on his head.

"Oh, good. You're here, let's get started" Chief sits up when we enter the room.

"Okay" George mutters, grabbing his flashlight to check Webbers eyes. When George places his hands on Chiefs head, he backs away quickly, George's hands following his face

"O'Malley" Webber pushes him off

"Yeah?"

"You're touching me" Webber narrows his eyes, shooing the nurse out of the room.

"Is he not supposed to touch you? I mean, we have to examine-"

Webber cuts me off with a deep breath, "I want you to listen to me very carefully. As long as I'm in here, I don't know what's happening out there" He points to the hallways.

"With my doctors, my patients, my hospital. You two are my eyes today, my ears. I want you to be a sponge." Webber nods his head with every word

"A sponge?" George furrows his brows

"You report any and everything happening in this hospital to me"

"We are investigative sponges" I mutter

"Im not fooling around, there's too much been happening lately under my radar. It stops today." Webber says. George and I stand by to wait for more, but he shoos us off. George mutters an 'oh', then leads the way out of the room.
~~

I spent the rest of the evening snooping around. George took the west side of the building, I took the east. Then we switched, he took the north and I took the south. I figured out that Joe, from joes bar, is undergoing a surgery that will kill him for 45 minutes, then bring him back to life.

Izzie and Alex had to re do all of the charts because I wrote them too sloppy last night on call. Addison requested Meredith on her service, so she was tortured all day. Burke is promoted chief while Webber is admitted, and I think he has something going on with Christina. That's what George told me at least. He caught them kissing in the stairwell. Baby daddy? I think so.

So when we got to Chiefs room, we told him only a few select things.

"Nothing major sir" I lie

"Really? No news, gossip, surgeries I should know about? Come on, what's the buzz?" Webber takes his glasses off

"Nope. Not in the hallways, OR, or the stairwells. Especially, you know, nothing happening in the-- they're just stairwells" George stammers, and I elbow him in the ribs. He groans, but tries not to act suspicious in front of chief. George had that coming for multiple reasons.

George walks away, leaving me alone in the room with Webber.

"What happened in the stairwells?" Chief asks me.

"No clue. George covered that side of the building. But it's George, he's awkward and doesn't know what he's talking about half the time" I shrug, lying a whole lot better than George did.

He seems satisfied, "Okay. Go find out some juicy details,Foster. I'll be waiting!"

I nod with a smile, strutting out of the room.
~~

Joe can't afford his surgery, and even if he could, he wouldn't have enough money to pay for the bar. So either he doesn't get the surgery, or he looses the bar. It's a loose loose either way. Alex, who has inherited the name evil spawn, offered to pay. When he found out it was close to one grand, he offered to pay 60 bucks. Joe accepted it even though it wasn't even a chip in the total.

Christina is acting extra weird around Burke, and George is freaking out about what to tell chief. So, we stand in front of the newborn babies as I listen to him babble.

"Hey chief, nothing going on. Well, other than your interim chief making out with my friend in the stairwell. But hey, sponge duty sucks"

"I have to disagree with that one. I get to know everything." I smirk.

Meredith walks up, silently standing next to me.

"I'm a bad sponge. A leaky sponge, I'll leak all the wrong secrets. It's cause I'm a bad liar." George complains. Meredith just chuckles.

George then takes the time to look me up and down, a smile growing on his face.

"You look nice today" He says

"George.." I whisper

"Right. Sorry"

"My ex boyfriends wife looks like Isabella freakin Rossellini, and I'm like... Me" Meredith complains

"Im trying to outdo her when she's the victim here. How crazy is that?"

"Not crazy. Ex boyfriend?" I take a look at the baby boy that was just set in one of the cribs.

"I'm an evil mistress." Meredith shakes her head.

"Can you think of any reason, I mean at all.. That Christina would be kissing Burke?" George spits out. I literally face palm when Meredith looks between the two of us with wide eyes.

I can tell from her reaction that she is just as surprised as us. She slowly turns around and walks down to the elevator.

"You're right. You are a leaky sponge" I groan.

"Sorry.." He mutters.
~~

George told Webber about Joe and his financial situation, and Webber told him it was not his business to be concerned about it. He was thoroughly upset to hear about this, so he has spent almost the whole surgery trying to figure out a way for Joe to afford it.

Dr.Bailey approached George, and started talking about how she knew Joe. She clarified that he was the only person who knew her in her intern year

"Oh, so you and joe?" George raises his eyebrows

"No, all you people every think about around here is how to get into someone's pants. That's why you got syphilis" Bailey lightly smacked George in the head

I chuckle as Bailey continues, "Joe was the first person here to tell me I'd make a good surgeon. Not that he knew anything about it. But it was something when I had nothing."

Alex comes into the room, muttering something about Joe being Dead dead when his heart stop stops. George then pops out of his seat,

"That's it. Dead" He pushes past everyone, running out the door and down the stairs. I narrow my eyes, but know George probably has a good plan.

Everyone watches in anticipation when Joe flatlines, signaling Burke and Derek have 45 minutes to save his life. I start to bit the inside of my cheek to stop from getting up and pacing. I may not know Joe well, but he's still not a normal patient. This is Joe, the owner of the bar everyone goes to when they are upset and need to get drunk.

My heart begins racing when Derek can't get the clamp to hold, and there's only 17 minutes left on the clock. Burke needs 8 minutes to get him back, so that gives Derek 9 minutes to finish.

The nurse announces 8 minutes, meaning Burke has to start warming Joe up. Derek finishes in perfect time, and Burke starts heating immediately. The surgery will be a success if they can get joes heart rate back up, which they did.

It would be an even bigger miracle if George can get Joes surgery free, which he did. He got Webber to sign the request for it by yelling at him. Webber let him know that if George yelled at him again, he would snap him like a twig. It worked though, Joe can keep his bar.

I may be very very angry with George at the moment, but he was a life saver today. I'm falling for him, even though I'm fighting so hard not to.
~~
:) THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS, WHAT THE HECK WHERE DID YOU ALL COME FROM? Anyways sorry for the lack of uploads. I was out of town! Btw this was the episode Derek told Meredith that she was like coming up for fresh air and I almost cried watching that scene, I miss Derek so much. Anyway hope you enjoyed this short update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
22K 645 13
π˜›π˜©π˜¦π˜Ί 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘀𝘡 𝘡𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦 𝘡𝘸𝘰 𝘴𝘸𝘒𝘯𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 Liliyana Collette starts her internship at Seattle Grace...
178K 1.3K 8
Daniella Wilson arrived at Seattle Grace Hospital as a new intern alongside Lexie Grey. As the daughter of a well respected New York surgeon, she is...
68.3K 1.9K 125
Grace Grey is the younger sister of Meredith grey. She is 24 and already starting her internship. She always has been smart and finished medical scho...