The Mystery Boy

By Lillian13002

When lilacs parents died in a car crash her grandparents took her in. When she has to go to church with the n... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

1 0 0
By Lillian13002

"Hey lilac could you help me set the table," my grandma called.

"Sure," I replied as I got off of the couch.

I grabbed the plates and set them out at each space. Next I wrapped the utensils inside of the napkins and set them out next to the plates.

"Thank you," my grandma said as she came up behind me and patted my back.

"Your welcome grandma," I said as I looked at her with a smile.

DING DONG

"Coming!" I yelled from the kitchen as I swiftly made my way to the front door.

I opened the door to see Braden, Cindy, Lexi, Sam, Annie, and baby Mathew standing at the door.

"Hi! Come on in," I said as I opened the door just enough for them to get through.

"Thanks for having us," Cindy said as she took her shoes off.

"Your very welcome," I said as I hugged her.

"My grandma is in the kitchen," I said as I pointed my thumb towards the kitchen.

"Okay well I'm going to go say hi," she said already walking to the kitchen.

"Okay," I said giving her a small smile.

"Okay we Have toys downstairs, coloring books and colored pencils up here, and we have cartoons on if you wanna watch tv," I explained to the kids.

They nodded in response and went to separate spots.

"Hey," I heard Braden say from behind me.

"Hey Braden," I said smiling at him.

"You look great," he said looking up and down at me.

"Thank you! You don't look to bad yourself there," I replied back.

We stood in awkward silence until we heard my grandma say that the food was ready.

We walked into the dining room and sat down. It went me, Braden, Cindy, my grandma, Lexi, Sam, Annie, and then Matthew who was to my left.

"Lets pray before we eat," I said before anyone could get their food.

"Okay! Who wants to start?" my grandma asked us.

"I'll start," I heard Braden say from my right.

"Okay!" She said with excitement.

"Come lord Jesus be our guest and let these gifts be blessed for us, give thanks to the lord and be free forever,AMEN," we all said. (Couldn't remember all words but)

"Okay, dig in," my grandma said after the praying.

We all grabbed some spaghetti, chicken, corn, cheesy potatoes, and green bean casserole.

"Yummm!" We said as we dug in.

"So lilac have you decided where to go to school yet," Cindy asked.

"I haven't decided but I am stuck between west wood high and north branch high," I said as I tried not to sound annoyed.

"Those are two of the best schools, but I have to say personally I really would pick west wood high," she said to me as I ate my corn.

"I think I might go there," I said considering the idea.

"I think if you went to north branch high if I remember correctly you have to have 4 years of playing sports either in school or out of school," she explained to me.

"Well I really wouldn't have time for sports if I also want to get really good grades," I said as I remembered how I wanted to got to Michigan State University since I was eight years old.

"Exactly," she said as she took her last bite of food.

We all started our own little conversations till we got bored and went into the living room.

"So what movie should we watch?" I asked Braden.

"How about the shining?" He said/asked.

"Sure," I said as I got up to put it in

We sat and watched the shining as Cindy and my grandma cleaned up after dinner.

"That still gets me every time," he said chuckling.

"How?" I said laughing as I took out the DVD.

"I don't even know," he replied shifting the blanket to his comfort.

"Okay guys it's time to go," Cindy called to the kids.

"Okay," they yelled from the basement.

"I guess I have to go," Braden said as he folded the blanket back up and set it on the couch.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow at the party," I said smiling.

"What party?" Braden questioned.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, I'm having a party and the theme is black and white," I explained to him.

"Okay What time?" He asked.

"Five thirty," I replied.

"Okay I'll be there," he said smiling.

-The next day-

"Im leaving now Lilian," my grandma yelled through the door.

"Okay, bye grandma," I replied as I put on my Nike running shoes.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and corn flakes.

After I ate my breakfast I grabbed my keys and locked up the house.

I drove down to party city and got black plates, white napkins, white cups, black silverware, and some black and white decorations.

When I got in the car I turned on the radio and drove to get the food.

When I got home I set up tables and laid black and white tablecloths on them and set the utensils in white solo cups and the napkins in a black napkin holder.

About an hour later I had put all the decorations up and started taking a shower.

I got out and put on a black skater skirt dress, white earrings and black heels.

I did my hair in two French braids and started doing my Makeup.

After I was done I grabbed my phone and went into the kitchen.

I started getting drinks and food set out when I heard a knock on the door.

I stopped what I was doing and went to the door.

"Hey," I heard a familiar voice say when I opened the door.

"Your early," I said to Braden.

"Yeah I thought you could use some help," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Sure! Yeah, come on in," I replied opening the door.

"Could you help me get some of this food onto the table over there," I asked pointing towards the food table.

"Yes ma'am," he said picking up the chips and dip from the counter and over to the table.

"Thank you, for helping," I said as I grabbed some drinks and went over to the drink table.

"Don't mention it," he replied giving me a wink and a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 7.1K 35
16 year old Tamia just lost her mom due to a car accident and with her dad half way across the world she is sent to live with her mums best friends a...
29.1K 368 20
Allison is getting over her twin brothers death when Dylan, her twins best friend waltzs his way back into her life. With the help of her best friend...
3.1M 77.2K 33
Things were never the same for her after her mother died, when it came to trying to please her family while also helping herself, Stephanie struggled...
301 2 16
Brennan has been away for seven years, until the untimely death of her dad causes her to go back to her home town. Logan was Brennan's next door neig...