Enemy Mate

By ratchetxo

In the dangerous world of werewolves, apart from the small packs, there is only two major packs. These two pa... More

Enemy Mate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12- 10 Days till Attack
Chapter 13- 10 Days till Attack
Chapter 14- 9 Days till Attack
Chapter 15- 8 Days till Attack
My Last Christmas {Christmas Special}
Chapter 16- 8 Days till Attack
Chapter 17- 8 Days till Attack
Chapter 18- 8 Days till Attack
Chapter 19- 8/7 Days till Attack
Chapter 21- 7 Days till Attack
Chapter 22- 7 Days till Attack
Chapter 23- 7 Days till Attack
Chapter 24- 6 Days till Attack
Chapter 25- 6 Days till Attack
Chapter 26- 6 Days till Attack
Chapter 27- 5 Days till Attack
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
A Fathers Mistake (Extra Chapter)
A Father's Mistake (Part 2)
New Book!
Sequel time?

Chapter 20- 7 Days till Attack

44.5K 1.2K 109
By ratchetxo

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I sat down on the grass as I continued to watch Ayden play chasey with the pack children. They had really bonded with their Alpha over the past hour as all the children joined into the game.

It was originally just Ayden, Mackenzie and me playing chasey but after all the kids found out that the Alpha and Luna were playing games on the grass area, all the kids ran out. All the children kept ganging up on Ayden and me, so we were continuously being tagged 'it'. After a while, I got too tired to run around.

"May I sit with you, Luna?" A mother to one of the children asked.

"Of course you can, and please, just call me Charlie," I smiled at her. She sat down next to me.

"Thank you Lun- Charlie. I'm Eden by the way," She said.

Eden had dark brown hair, almost black. She had blue eyes and a couple of freckles spotted along her face from her younger years. Eden looked very young for someone her age, Not that I am calling her old, but I know she is much older then she looks. She appears to be around the age of 25 but I know that her son is one of the older children here.

"Nice to meet you Eden," I began, "Your Luca's mother, right?"

She nodded, "That little boy can be very difficult when he wants to but he is still my little angel."

"How old is he?" I questioned. I had now noticed that a couple of mothers had sat down beside us, probably around 4 of them, only two of them I recognized or had seen before

"He turns ten tomorrow, we are having a party here in the front garden, you should come," She encouraged, "He would love it if his Luna attended his birthday party."

"I would love to, I don’t think Ayden would be able to attend though, he is way too busy," I said, not getting into any details about the upcoming attack.

"I didn’t expect him to, he has always hated kids," she sighed.

"But with you here, he seems to have changed," Another mother chipped in.

"He has never played with our kids before," A younger, blonde woman chirped.

I blushed, "I have noticed he seems to be kinder and nicer since when I first got here."

"You've got him whipped girl, you may not see it but you do," The blonde said.

I chuckled, "I don’t think I do, I think it will take some time."

"Well now that he has marked you," Eden started, "You will see a large difference in him."

"What do you mean?" I asked. We weren't really taught these kinds of things in school. We got taught why we had mates, the physical sides of mates -marking and mating- and the benefits -feeling each other’s emotions and mind link-. We were never taught anything about the emotional sides of mates.

"He will become really possessive--" Eden began but I cut her off.

"Even more than he already was?" I gasped. All the mated females laughed as I had my jaw hung open. 

"Yes," Eden giggled, "It's hard to believe," she said as she looked deep in thoughts.

The blonde shock her head, her long locks flying in the wind, "There are others things as well, "She began, "They become more romantic, caring, worried, protective and loving. They also won't be able to keep their hands off you, plus, you will never get any sexual satisfaction from anyone but your mate," She looked down with tears in her eyes.

"Are you alright err-" I cut myself off, not knowing her name.

"My name is Scarlett and Eden you tell her," She didn’t look up.

"Scarlett's mate was killed by a Midnight Moon pack member, two weeks after they fully mated. Two years later she managed to move on, but it would never be the same," Eden muttered. All of the mothers around me, whom had obviously heard the story before, just gave Scarlett sympathetic looks.

I am not sure if it is whether I am now the Luna of this pack or I have just grown fond of it; but I felt enraged at my old pack. I was angry that they could have killed Scarlett's mate, even though I didn’t know him and I barely know her.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my old pack and the people in it -almost like a still have a bond with them- but it's my job to protect this pack. I love both packs and I don’t want anyone in either pack to get hurt. Okay, maybe Joshua can get hurt a little, but only enough to teach him a good lesson.

After I had thought about what Eden had just told me and I had calmed down slightly, I turned to look at Scarlett. She had a distant look in her eye, like she was remembering the short time she shared with her mate, before he got ripped away from her.

"Don’t you have a daughter?" I asked Scarlett hesitantly when her eyes looked into mine.

"Serenity," She smiled at the thought of her little girl, "Her father is my mate, most wolves get pregnant the first time they mate."

My eyes widened, "what do you mean?"

"Didn’t Alpha Red tell you?" Eden asked in shock.

"N-no," I stuttered, "I'm not ready to have kids yet, I'm still a kid myself."

"I can't believe he didn’t tell you! There's a higher chance that you will be pregnant now because he is an Alpha," Scarlett gasped. She seemed to have gotten over her lost mate quickly. It must have been over 5 years ago, since Serenity looks around the age of 5, so I guess she can quickly recover, though it must be hard.

"I-I ca-can't b-be," I gasped as I covered my mouth. It would kind of make sense though, I have been really hungry recently, my ankles have swelled and I have had strange cravings.

"Babe?" A voice pulled my out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Ayden staring at me with a worried expression, "you okay? You look shocked."

"Fine," I mumbled.

I don’t think Ayden believed me but he nodded his head anyway, "I have to go back to work now," He said and kissed my forehead.

"Okay, I hope Joshua doesn't yell at you too much," I giggled. Since Ayden decided to spend the night with me last night, Ayden didn’t end up going back to the office to work with Joshua. So we both predicted that Joshua is going to be really angry.

"Yeah," Ayden laughed. He turned around and was about to walk away but he quickly turned around and softly pecked my lips, "You forgot that," he smirked and winked at me.

As he walked off, all the mothers around me awed and gushed about how cute we are together.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, we are cute," I chuckled as did they, "But can we get back to the topic of p-pregnancy?" I whispered the last part, just to make sure no one but the mom's heard.

"Do you think you are? I mean it would be extremely likely that you are, the chances of weres having babies the first time they mate is around eighty-five-percent and even higher for high ranking couples," A brunette chirped in, I recognized her as one of the nurses in the pack hospital.

"Well my ankles have swollen and I am hungry all the time," I complained and they laughed.

"Do you want to come into the pack hospital and check soon?" She asked. I was going to agree now since Ayden had left, but in the distance I could see Carter watching me.

"When I get some free time to sneak out, I will. I don’t want Ayden to find out what I am doing," I told her and she nodded.

"Just tell him," Eden commented.

"It won't be that easy," I commented, "he has the tendency to get angry, really quickly; plus, like you said earlier, he doesn’t like kids."

"Yeah but we also said he has changed. He wouldn’t get mad at you though, would he? I mean, he helped create it to," Scarlett questioned.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "That’s why I'm scared."

I rested my hands on my stomach and looked down at it. What if there is a little Ayden growing in there. What if Ayden doesn’t want the baby? Would he make me get rid of it? I need to stop thinking like this; I might not even be pregnant.

**You heard the nurse, it's highly likely you are, **my wolf, Aria, butted in.

I didn’t bother replying to her since I know she is right, also because she hasn’t spoken to me in days. Even when Ayden marked me she didn’t say a word. It honestly really confused me because she was the one that also wanted this and now she is silent.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I remembered Carter was watching me from a distance. Shit, he probably knows now.

I quickly moved my hands from my stomach and got off the grass, "Girls," I got their attention, "I have to go now, what time should I be here tomorrow for Luca's party?"

"Lunch is served at twelve but most people are getting here at eleven," Eden smiled.

"Okay, I'll see you all then." They all waved good bye to me as I walked away. I walked over to Carter and smirked as he stood up next me.

"Ayden sent you to spy on me, huh?" I questioned.

He chuckled, "He sent me to apologise but I didn’t want to interrupt while you talk about, um," he said and motioned with his eyes down to my stomach. My eyes widened slightly, he saw.

**Of course he saw, you made it pretty fucking obvious, ** Aria snapped at me.

Once again I ignored her and focused on Carter, "wha-what are y-you talking ab-about?" I stuttered like the fool I am.

He raised his eyebrow at me with a knowing look on his face. I felt like I was 15 again, getting told of by parents because they caught my making out with Seth Johnson down by the river. I sighed, "Please don’t tell Ayden," I rushed out.

"It's not my news to tell," he smiled softly at me before he suddenly looked deep in thought, he sighed, "I just don’t want you to get hurt. You do realise I'm your guard. If you don’t tell my important things like this, how am I meant to protect you?"

"I'm sorry," I said and let my head drop. I feel comfortable to tell Carter anything, I just don’t understand why I don’t.

He laughed, "Ayden sent me here to apologise to you, not for you to apologise to me," he smiled and the mood changed slightly, "Sorry for overreacting back there Charlie," he said and pulled me into a hug.

His hugs weren't as comfortable now that I had been marked but they were still warm and welcomed.

"It's fine," I said as I pulled out of the hug, "So, do you want to go steal some of Ms Parkston's freshly cooked cupcakes?"

"Hell yeah!" Carter exclaimed before we ran off to the pack house.

 {Picture of Eden to the side: Kaya Scodelario}

Please Vote and Comment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 138K 35
Vanessa is the daughter of an Alpha. She's stubborn, fiesty, and stern. She would do anything to protect her family and pack, even if that means leav...
3.8M 94.3K 58
Addison Avery's life has been completely flipped upside down when her mother announced that they would be moving from sunny Arizona to the small fore...
142K 4.4K 29
Highest ranking: #532 in werewolf #3 in traitor He wanted a submissive Luna She was the opposite She wanted a kind Alpha He was the opposi...
135K 4.6K 35
(warning: contain mature contents) Joseph Jase is the current Alpha of the Starlight pack in North America. His father died 2 years ago in a battle w...