Five Choices

Per ScoobyDo6105

America Rose Wilde just moved from NYC to the border of California after her family moved for a better paying... Més

I
II
NOT A CHAPTER
III
IV
V
VI
VII
NOT A CHAPTER II
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
NOT A CHAPTER III
NAC
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
NOT A CHAPTER IV
XX
XXI
XXII
Read if you love West
XXII (2)

XIV

1.9K 76 36
Per ScoobyDo6105

Alert

The crowd crys with enthusiasm as Kyle races down the field. I adjust the skirt around my legs and scream along. I crawl up the bleachers since Beth demanded we sit on the top row because the moon is supposed to be really low tonight. 

I wave to Caiden as I go up and plop down on the uncomfortable seat next to her. 

"Whats happening?" I ask her. She looks out and down the field.

"Halftime is in a couple of minutes, then we can go talk to them," I nod at her and look down to see Kyle crouched down. "But then the game will start up then and they have to score at least three goals to be tied or four to be in the lead." I nod and stand up and cheer as Kyle runs further and the ball gets passed to him. He catches it then throws it to another, when he gets tackled by a giant looking guy. 

I scream in horror, but then Kyle pushed the guy off him and watches as his teammate run down the field and gets less than three feet away from the touchdown zone when the same guy who tackled Kyle grabs him and throws him down. How did a guy that size get there that fast? 

I ignore it as the crowd deflates and everyone sits down as the players line up again. 

But just as the ball is passed, the halftime releases its buzzed and a man's voice comes on from the loudspeaker.

"And we are back for another break for the Vultures and Tigers!" A disembodied voice comes through.  "This games gonna be a close one!" The man shouts again as Beth and I make our way down to see Kyle. 

Only Caiden, John and West are here tonight, since Jax is at Jen's house since shes sick. Blake was busy with something.

Kyle grins when we reach the ground and takes off his sweaty helmet. John appears from behind the water jugs and grins at Beth. They have gotten really serious every since that talk.

"Oh, damn, we were close." Kyle says, narrowing his eyes across the filled. I laugh and hug him. He kisses my forehead, surprising me. But I feel warmth spread around my body coming from that one spot. 

"It's fine, it's just a game."

Beth scoffs behind me. 

"A very serious game. This will be the last he ever plays before he heads to college," she snaps and walks away, where John comes over and grabs her, and kisses her awaiting lips. They really are a cute couple. West glares at them as they giggle and accidentally push down his drink, making it spill. But Beth and John are to busy making out against the bleachers now to realize. 

I giggle into Kyles chest and watch as the marching band comes onto the field. West stands up and throws his cup at Kyle while Im still in his arms.

"Kyle, you're suffocating her!" Kyle laughs, his chest moving up and down while I still hug him. I pull away and then run over to West.

"Like this?" I crush him in a hug so tight I can feel his puff of breath across my ear. 

"Ex-ac..tly." I laugh and pull away and pat West on the head. His baseball cap moves up and down, like a bobber in the sea when a fish grabs it.

The halftime soon ends and everyone gets ready for the game again. I instead sit on the bleachers with West while Beth and John make out and Kyle runs out onto the field. I cheer along with West as everyone get excited yet again.

The game starts soon and Kyle immediately gets the ball. He runs down the field and is about to pass it to his teammate when he glances over at everyone, then makes a split decision and keeps running. My eyes move over to the giant guy from before and I almost drop dead from fear. Hes heading right to Kyle.

And Kyle just keeps on running. 

He doesn't know.

Everyone senses that he's about to be tackled and start screaming for him to pass the ball. I stand up and scream as well.

"Kyle no!" 

The giant guy hits Kyle in his torso and drags him down. Kyles head hits the ground with a thump as the guy sends his full weight on Kyle's chest, pushing the air out of him. The ball rolls on the ground and across the touchdown line. The big guy gets off of Kyle and grabs the ball, holding it up to his visitors side. 

Although Kyle doesn't get up like he once did before.

Instead, he lies motionless on the ground. 

Everyone sees Kyle limp and lying on the ground, not moving. 

West is the first to react. He darts up from the bench and onto the field. I don't know if that's allowed, but I run on too. 

I look back and the crowd is on the edge of their seats and Beth and John finally pulled apart. I dash to Kyle along with West and see the coach aside me. We reach Kyle and I can literally see the life draining out of him. I fall onto my knees next to West and place my hand on Kyle's slowly rising chest. 

Fear crawls up my chest and I stare at his God-like face. I cant loose my first boy bestfriend. The coach places his fingers against Kyles neck and comes up with a pale face.

"His heart is barely beating." I choke on a sob and hug Kyles burly body. 

"Call an ambulance!" West screams. 

Suddenly the whole world freezes and goes into slow motion. Coach rises slowly to his feet and starts to jog toward the bench grabbing his phone before anyone else. Wests feet kick up fake grass as he jogs around to Kyle's other side and checks the pulse for himself. Kyles chest slowly rises and the crowds silence envelops me. 

Then reality comes and hits me like a tsunami. 

Kyle is hurt. Badly. 

Loud wails of sirens echo the field and red lights appear. I look up at the ambulance and see men in uniforms come out and look at Kyle. They talk quickly and pull me away from him with force. I get pushed into someone's arms and I look up to see West looking at Kyle with sad eyes. 

Oh, I cant understand what this must feel like to him. To see the boy who took him into his home and helped West survive his childhood. To be the only person who cared and was still alive to know West since his parent died. The only boy to actually know West's parents. 

The thought of both of my boy friends hurting, brings me to cry. I cant stand this. 

West talks to a man in a uniform and says we will be at the hospital later, and drive by ourselves since Kyles coach and another man who was on the sidelines. 

The ambulance pulls away, wailing with grief as they pull away with the unconscious boy. 

~*~

Kyles in a coma.

After the ambulance left West, Beth, John, Caiden and I all left to see him. We came in the hospital and were quite a sight to newborn kids and old hacking men. A nurse came up to us almost immediately and asked us who we were there for.

All of us bursted out 'Kyle Cruise!' and then a nurse immediately lead us to a room with  giant window, but told us we weren't allowed in yet. The blinds were shut in the middle so it was impossible to see in.

"Hes in here," she whispered then stalked off. I plopped down on a waiting chair and let tears slide down my cheeks slowly. Beth sits down next to me and cradles my face in her hands. Black surrounds her eyes in a messier manner than before, showing she was crying. The stone and confident Beth Shade was crying for the boy who always teased her before. 

West collapses next to me and grabs my hand. Caiden sits down next to John who is sitting next to Beth. We sit in a line, dying in our sorrows.

~*~

"At least he's not dead." 

We all look up to see Jax with Blake behind him. I smile, loving how Jax can make something so serious seem okay instead of just terribly sad. 

I stand up and hug Jax, who hugs me a little tighter than always, letting me know he's hurting to. Jax and Kyle are like brothers, and came together because of their terrible parents. 

"How was your night?" I ask him, glancing up. Jax grimaces and looks to the wall.

"It was fun. Jen only puked on me once or twice." I giggle and wrap an arm around his shoulder, then let it slide off as he walks toward West to get the details. I look up to Blake and he wraps an arm around me. 

"You okay little Ica?" I nod into Blake's chest and hug him, hard. "This has to be hard for you." I tense in his arms, knowing what he is speaking of. Carol.

Carol was my best friend in NY, she went into a coma. Actually, Blake introduced me to her. Apparently Carol was in an abusive relationship, and was beaten...into a deathly coma. Two years of visiting her hospital with tears making dents in my cheeks, her heart stopped.  She went into cardiac arrest, and was too far gone when nurses finally got in the room. I knew it was going to happen.

But it's sad I don't remember much about her, or even what she looks like.

A door opening brings all mumbling to cease and everyone to look up at the doctor standing at the door. A gasp escapes me as I see into the room. Kyle lies hooked up to the IV and the beeping monitor shows a steady heartbeat. Nice and slow.

"Oh my God, my baby!" A woman wails as she runs past me and Blake, pushing us. I fall to the side and almost twist my ankle, but Blake saves me like always. The woman pushes past West and Jax who are crowding by the doctor. West stares at the woman with an angry face, then stalks past me. I watch him walk, then see Blake turn and follow. Odd.

Jax talking over the woman brings me to look.

"No, you coming into his life because he's sick doesn't make things better. We are handling this. Go away!" Jax says with a red face.

"I am his mother. I have every right to be here as you!" I look at her, of the first time since she came in. She has dark brown hair and grey colored eyes. Kyle must've gotten his hair color from his dad, and a tinge of blue for his eyes as well. 

"No. You don't." West says coming into the room.

"West." The woman breaths. "What do you mean? I was the woman who mad eyour life worth living!" I stare at this woman with glossed over eyes. One word running through my mind: bitch.

"No. Kyle was. And my life is fine."

Suddenly a security guard comes around me and grabs the woman.

"Get her out of here." Blake grinds out. West and Jax look back and grin. Have I been this blind to their growing friendship? Does Blake know about their pasts? Blake grins at West and Jax as Kyle's mom is pulled out of the hospital.

Our attention is drawn back to the doctor when he clears his throat and opens his mouth. Only a loud beeping in the other room brings us to all look in. 

Kyles flatlining.

The doctor rushes in, pressing multiple buttons, calling nurses. Nurses come and move us while others go and help the doctor. I move in a daze. Kyles dying.

"So, whats happening?" I ask, my voice raspy. I look over at Beth and see shes holding John for life. 

"Apparently the patient's chest was crushed and his bones are falling and breaking his heart arteries."

Is that even possible?

Beth must think the same thing because she scoffs and stands straight.

"What?"

"Your friend Kyle, will be dead by tonight."

~*~

A/N

I know, sorry it's short. But I wanted to end this on a cliffhanger for some reason and didnt know what else to put in here. So yeah. Tell me if you enjoy this chapter (btw I hated it because I love Kyle). Also, is it just me or does this chapter feel odd, like despair kind of thing. Idk, I guess that's good.

Sooo, comment, vote, and share<3

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

35.6K 1.5K 13
We were a team. A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pick...
10.3M 345K 33
"What the hell?! Kennedy!" I watch as Ryder turns around furiously and strides towards me. Oh oh. Maybe I took it too far... "What'...
Lilah Per The Pope

Literatura romàntica

87.1M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
316K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...