My goal was to make her fall...

By Eyesmiler

A bet with his friend.. first one to make the girl fall for him. All he had was one week. More

My goal was to make her fall for me
And the game starts
Monday
Tuseday
tuesDATE!!!
Thursday
Friday
Saturday - Special Chapter

Wednesday

5.7K 226 80
By Eyesmiler

"So Kai, about the bet." Sehun started.

"I dont think we should continue with it." They both said in unison. They laughed. Kai and Sehun were really best friends, knowing exactly what the other one was thinking or feeling.

"So, im guessing your taking your relationship with Avery seriously now" Kai suggested.

"Yeahp, im pretty sure shes the one.." Sehun smiled. Kai chuckled at the look of his best friend finally falling for the first time.

"How about you, Kai? How are you and Rae?" Kai took a moment to think of what to say. Was he really falling for Rae? And even if he was... would Rae accept his heart? A ton of questions travelled his mind, all to which he didnt know the answers to.

"We're fine... i think.. maybe.. hyuu~ I dont know.." Kai finally answered.

Sehun laughed at his best friend so hard. It his first time seeing his best friend become problematic towards a girl. Kai frowned at Sehun.

"Yah! Stop laughing at me"

"Sorry... I.. think you... should.. go after... her.. dude" Sehun managed to say in between his laughter.

I think i should too... Kai thought.

Lunch was the same, with Sehun and Avery talking all by themselves. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, arguing about which special class to take. And Mina, helping the two decide on their special class argument. Kris, had joined them for lunch and was strongly suggesting they took art class. Considering that Kris was the most well known artist of their batch. He was even labeled as 'Picasso' the Picasso who could turn even the most pathetic drawings into works of art.

Unfortunately for Kai, Rae was back to her normal self. Not talking to anyone, even the girls. He was worried for Rae. Somehow he knew something was bothering her. He wanted to ask her if she was fine, if everything was alright. But he also knew that Rae was a strong girl, and she could manage herself. He decided to just wait and see if Rae would open up to him. He didnt want to push her to tell him if she didnt want to.

"Art class it is!" Mina said in a loud tone.

"Yehet! Avery likes art!" Sehun said.

"I like art too," Kris said and winked at Avery.

"Yah! Kris hyung shes MINE!" Sehun defended and wrapped an arm on Avery's shoulders. Everyone laughed while Kris just rolled his eyes, still maintaining that cold guy image of his.

They were at art class now, and everybody was enthusiastic about making their own masterpiece. Everyone, except for Rae. Are you alright? Kai wanted to ask her, but couldnt manage to say it. Instead those words replayed on his mind, but stopped when he saw a tear fall from her eye.

Rae stood and left the room excusing herself. And Kai followed her.

Rae was running really fast and Kai was struggling to follow her. He lost her a few times but was more determined than ever to catch her when he saw that she was crying hard.

Kai finally caught up to her when she stopped under a shaddy tree. As he incehed closer e could hear he sob silently, which made his heart ache. He hugged her from the back which startled Rae, so he pushed him away and faced him.

"Kai? what are you doing here?"

"I was worried about you, whats wrong Rae?" Kai said while gently holding her hand in between both of his.

"I saw him today.." Rae said, and at this point her tears that she had been trying to hide had fallen nonstop from her eyes. She hugged Kai, she didnt know why or how she found the guts to just suddenly hug him. But with Kai she felt secured, protected, complete.

"Shhh... Its alright, just let it out. Then when youre feeling fine you can tell me whats bothering you" They stayed that way for at least a minute before Rae had finally calmed down. They sat under the shaddy tree as Rae told Kai her story.

Rae's past relationship. The one who broke her heart was now back. He used to be a student at this school, but after they broke up because he cheated on her, he transferred to a new school abroad. Rae was glad he left, because she didnt know how she was going to move on if she had to see him everyday. But know her worst nightmare had finally come back. She had seen him earlier before class had started, apparently hes now studying here again.

"If I see that jerk, i swear im gonna punch him so hard on the face"

"No, I dont want you to get involved in this. Youre a great guy Kai. Hes not worth youre time. And I guess hes forgotten all about me." She said as she stood up. "Lets go back to class"

As she started to walk back towards the art room Kai grabbed her hand and pulled her in a hug. "Rae, you should forget about him. Hes not worth your tears. You can forget about him, Ill help you with that..." Kai said. Theres always other men out there. Other guys who would treat you right. Be there for you, and not hurt you. I can be that guy... If you just give me a chance.

Rae looked into Kai's eyes to see if he was sincere. Was she really ready to move on? Can she give her heart another try? She felt so safe, so protected in Jongin's arms. Everything was right. She hugged him back, which earned a smile from both their faces. I think im gonna give my heart another try, cause its telling me that somehow, just being with you... it feels right.

As they walked back to their special class holding hands, Rae suddenly stopped and froze. She squeezed Kai's hand tighter and she felt her tears coming out again.

"Is everything alright?" Kai asked. But what he heard after was not Rae's voice but a voice unfamiliar to him.

"Rae? Is that you? I missed you Rae..." The man who owned that voice said while slowly making his way towards them. Rae took a step back and slightly hid herself behind Kai.

"Taemin..." was all Rae had managed to say.

So this is the guy that hurt Rae's heart.... Kai thoughted and right at that moment he wanted to roughly land his fist on Taemins face. Rae had noticed Kai other hand, ball up into a fist as she felt his other hand slowly letting go of hers. She knew what was coming, so she held onto Kai's hand signalling him not to continue and calm down. And as Kai looked in her eyes he started to calm down.

"Is he your friend?" Taemin asked eyeing Kai.

"Taemin, this is Kai. Yes hes my friend"

"You better be careful with this Kai dude..." Taemin said while he gave a death glare to Kai. "You wouldnt want him breaking your fragile heart" Taemin added.

And at that moment Kai had lost it. He grabbed Taemin's collar and shot him a death glare. "Who do you think you are?! Speaking as if you didnt hurt her heart! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

Rae pulled Kai away from him and held his hand again trying to calm him down. "Stop Kai, hes not worth it" Kai eventually calmed down, but held his death stare towards Taemin, which Taemin just ignored and rolled his eyes.

"Look, Rae... Im sorry okay? It was a mistake. Youre the one I want. Im sorry just please forgive me! When I left all i thought about was you!" Taemin pleaded.

"Go away Taemin" Rae said.

"You heard her... GO. AWAY." Kai emphasized.

Taemin laughed at Kai. "YOU, go away!" He said.

"I said i was sorry, Rae. I promise not to hurt you again. GIve me another chance!" Taemin said.

"This guy!" He pointed to Kai. "Hes already tricking you! Im just trying to protect you!" Tamin added.

"Kai would never do that to me, right Kai?" She faced him hoping that what she said was right.

"Yes, i wouldnt hurt you." Kai answered.

Taemin laughed even louder. "Hes lying! Want to bet..." He emphasized the word bet and Kai suddenly felt guilty and looked down. Rae had noticed and let go of his hand.

"Youre telling the truth right?" Rae pleaded.

"I promise to not hurt you Rae" Kai said. "Lets go," he added.

But they never even got a chance to turn their back when Taemin had already spoken.

"I over heard him and his bestfriend talking about having a bet. A bet to find out which girl would fall for him faster... Are you really gonna just leave with him, so that he can win this bet? Then after he would just leave you... Everything he showed you Rae, everything, It was all a lie." Taemin said.

"Is this true?" Rae said, fighting to hide her tears.

"Rae..."

"KIM JONGIN, IM ASKING YOU IF THIS IS TRUE?!" Kai couldnt answer. His mind was screaming trying to explain himself but his mouth remained shut.

Rae ran away crying again, but this time her tears were not because of Taemin. Her tears were because of him, and he felt his heart shatter as a tear rolled from his eye. Taemin followed after Rae, while Kai just stood there.

The bet... its true, im sorry. But all those moments we spent were true, and nothing was fake. But my love for you Rae, that is whats REAL...

A/N: poof~ its so sad to end this chapter like this... Lets just see what happens next, on the next chapters. Ive been having writers block for the past few days but im glad i finished this chapter. How was it? Im sorry if its not that nice though... hehe^^ just... hope you guys liked it ;) poof~

Juhannahmie~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 102 19
"Okay, I'll make a deal with you. We will date, but it won't be real. Whoever falls in love loses. Then, the winner gets to do whatever they want to...
2.6K 59 4
Kim Jongin wakes up one day to know that he had a job, a huge responsibility, and a tie with someone whom he never met.
267 50 24
A girl who's life was going straight until they had this new guy who seemed to be giving her issues❤ And later fell for him through sympathy 💘
1.8K 44 40
two old acquaintances from college, who hated each other, meet up again and have to learn how to deal with the presence of the other in their everyda...