Midnight Shades

By zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 77

564 33 49
By zeebooks

Six years later.

"You put too much salt." Louis cringes, putting the fork on the table in front of us.

"Bitch, you told me to." I complain, staring at him.

"I said half a tablespoon." He laughs.

"Did not."

"Did, too." He says between laughs making me push him down on the couch and climb over him, straddling him.

"Did not!" I laugh as he places his palms over my ass, not squeezing or anything, just keeping it there.

"Well, you're an awful student." He smirks as he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Maybe you're an awful teacher," I bite back and pout when I hear the crying. "Damn it, I was hoping for some time alone."

"Yeah? What for?" He smirks, squeezing my ass.

I decide to tease him and lean down to whisper in his ear. "You haven't fucked me against the window in quite a while."

"Jesus, woman." He breathes out, ghosting his lips over my neck.

"Mummy, Elliot won't stop crying." Evan comes out of his room, rubbing his eyes and he stands sleepily.

"Yes, honey," I squeak. "I'm going to go and get him, you go back to bed."

He returns back to his room and I drop my head on Louis' chest, groaning out in frustration. He chuckles lowly and press a kiss to the side of my forehead.

"Go get some sleep and I'll take care of him." He says quietly as the crying gets louder.

Grinning, I get up off of him and pull him up with me before giving him a soft peck on his lips. "You're the best."

"Obviously," He shrugs as he walks towards the boys' room before stopping and looking me up and down with a little smirk. "I'm winning in this life."

I wiggle my eyebrows at him and he shakes his head at me with a laugh, going in for our one year old boy; Elliot. He was a surprise, really, we didn't plan to have him, but we were immensely happy when we welcomed him. Going inside our room, I change into one of Louis' cotton shirts, which isn't big or anything, it reaches right beneath my butt, so I put on a pair of shorts.

I let my hair down and once I hear Elliot's laughter, I chuckle and head to their room, watching Louis as he tickles Elliot before pressing a kiss to his lips.

"You're having fun without me." I say, pouting as I press a kiss to Elliot's cheek, who smiles as he rests his head on his father's shoulder.

"Well, that young lad is wide awake tonight." Louis says, rubbing his nose against his son's.

"Dada!" Elliot squeals, eyes closing as he laughs; just like Louis when he laughs too hard and his eyes would wrinkle at the sides.

We hear groaning and huffing from behind us and we turn to a grumpy Evan. "Mummy, I can't sleep."

"Alright, mate, we'll go out," Louis replie, handing me Elliot as he goes and covers Evan again. "Chill and go back to bed."

"Chill?" Evan asks, confused.

Louis shrugs. "Yeah, like uh... Calm down, you know? Don't be angry, I mean."

Evan stares at Louis for a few seconds, and Louis stares back before Evan shakes his head and pull the duvet over his face, mumbling a quiet, "Good night."

We get out of the room, Louis turning the lights off as he says, "Did you see that? He just literally ignored me."

"Well, you talk to him like he's fifteen or something." I roll my eyes as I put Elliot on the floor, making him immediately start crawling all around.

"So, Jeremy's birthday is tomorrow?" Louis asks as we put on a film and sit on the couch.

I nod as I rest my body between his legs, watching as our son plays with his games on the floor. "Yeah, birthday starts at six."

"Cool." He says, and we watch the movie for the next fifteen minutes, occasionally replying to Elliot who keeps trying to catch our attention by showing us his toys. 

Suddenly, I remember my dear friend and ask, "Hey, are you and Missy done with the new book?"

"Almost," Louis grins, suddenly so excited. "We have so many tattoo designs, yet we can't choose which one to put."

"Who would have thought that you and Liam would partnership with her?" I grin, still not believing that the three of them are running a well-known tattoo parlour.

"Not me, for sure, but there isn't a single thing that she's not good at." He laughs lightly, and I do, too, shaking my head at this amazing woman

"She's an awful driver," I laugh loudly when the memories hit me. "Oh my, you shuld never let her drive your car, really."

Louis gapes at me. "Says who? You?"

I slap his chest. "I'm still learning, and I'll tell you that: she's much worse than me."

"Oh, come on," He rolls his eyes. "We'll have to test the both of you."

"Oh, hush." I brush him off and pick Elliot up after he keeps tugging on my shorts. He settles between my legs, and the three of us spend the rest of the night watching cartoons, until we eventually fall asleep.

Thankfully, when I wake up, I'm on my bed next to Elliot, who is sleeping on his stomach with his legs under my chin. Again, just like his father. When I look at the clock on the wall, my eyes widen and I panic when I realise it's eight in the morning and that Evan might be still asleep.

Hopping off of the bed, I rush to his room and once I see that he's not in there, I hear Louis' voice from the kitchen, "Breakfast, love?"

I sigh in relief and head to the kitchen, sitting down on one of the stools. "I thought Evan was still asleep."

"Nah, my little lad's a smart one, he woke me up at six thirty and told me to get his sandwiches ready while he got dressed." Louis says, smiling a little as he takes out two plates.

"Always been a smart ass." I say, feeling proud of him.

Louis grins as he sends me a wink. "No wonder you're his mum."

Rolling my eyes, I hop off the stool and say, "I'm going to take a quick shower till you finish breakfast."

"Hey, why don't you give me a hand here?"

"Two are enough."

After breakfast, Louis heads to work as I stay alone with Elliot. It's been two weeks now since I have been off of work, and I'm actually enjoying it way too much for my liking. However, I need to start looking for another job, and something away from coffee shops, seeing as that tires the hell out of me.

I spend the rest of the day cleaning the house, looking for jobs in the journal and playing with Elliot. When it hits one in the afternoon, I start preparing the ingredients for dinner, as Elliot crawls around me.

"Mama!" He says loudly, making me look down at him on the kitchen floor as he sits and laughs. At first, I don't understand what he's hinting at, but when I unintentionally turn the volume of the radio up, and he squeals in happiness again, I understand.

I laugh as I pick him up and sit him on the counter and begin singing, "Just a touch of your love is enough to knock me off of my feet all week."

He begins moving his hands up and down as I dance to the song, laughing every time he squeals happily. Man, I love my baby so much. Nudging my nose against his, I give him a small spoon to play with as I continue with the dinner.

"Elliot, no!" I scold, taking the flour away from him as he laughs and starts licking it from his hand. I kiss his forehead after cleaning his hand and put him down on the floor.

Two hours later, I look out of the window of the house for Evan's bus to drop him off, and soon enough it arrives, but my eyebrows furrow in confusion once I see his grumpy face and dirty clothes. I go and open the door for him.

"Hey, buddy," I say, kneeling to his height. "What happened? Why so sad?"

"John wanted to take my lunch, and, and, when I said no, he pushed me to the ground." He says angrily, and I see the tears slowly forming in his eyes.

I raise my eyebrow. "Why didn't you tell your teacher?"

"Because when she punishes him, he hits me." He breathes heavily.

My mouth drops open. "What? Who is that boy?"

"Mummy, please don't call his mum." He looks up at me with puppy eyes.

I sigh. "I'm not going to do that, because you will have to defend yourself, alright? Don't you ever let him hit you or annoy you. You're Iron Man, aren't you?" I say, mentioning his favourite hero and he sniffs as he nods. "Either you tell your teacher, or tell me, and then I'll handle it."

"Okay, mummy."

"Now, show me your wide smile," I nudge him. "Don't ever want to see you sad."

He nods and I smile at him before I start tickling him, finally hearing his laugh as he keeps trying to take my hand off of him.

Elliot obviously hears us and crawls towards us, and once I stop, Evan puts his backpack on the floor and opens it.

"I brought Ellie a chocolate." He says, wiping away his tears as he takes the bar of chocolate out of the bag and hands it to Elliot.

"Aw, baby, that's sweet of you," I say, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Now, off to the bathroom. You need a shower before uncle Jeremy's birthday."

"Yes, ma'am." He salutes and heads off, and I shake my head at him. I take his shoes and backpack to his room, putting them in their place, and by the time I get back, Elliot's face and entire hands are covered in chocolate.

"A shower, too?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips as he looks up at me and grins.

Louis comes back home later, and we have dinner before we all get ready for Jeremy's birthday party. Technically, we wanted him to have a night-out-birthday with his friends for his twentieth birthday, but we decided that he can have the both.

"Look at that cute outfit, don't you look handsome?" I smile at Elliot as he smiles, too.

"Ah, look, white and red stripes. We're matching!" Louis exclaims loudly from behind me, making me turn around and look at him, and surely enough, he's wearing light denim jeans and a white and red striped tee shirt.

"Oh please, you knew he'd wear this." I say, rolling my eyes at him.

"He's my son, sue me," He shurgs and holds Elliot in his arms. "Such a handsome lad you are."

I grin up at Louis. "You are a little baby."

"Hear that, Elliot? Mummy's being mean to me." He talks to our son as Elliot pouts at me.

"Evan, you're not going to match with me?" I ask once he gets out in a different outfit.

"No, mummy, we're too cool to do that." He says casually, putting on his shoes as he leaves me and Louis staring at him in a shock.

"Well, damn, you surely are my son." Louis snickers and I slap his chest for cursing.

You see, this is how our days go by now. Everyday, we experince new memories with our sons, get too shocked, have fun and struggle with them at the same time. It's not easy, but it surely is memorable and something that I will forever cherish.

Seeing your children grow up in front of your eyes is priceless, really.

The night rolls by smoothly, the entire family having fun and laughing together. It still stuns me that Jeremy is now twenty, and Cronan is twenty one; That I'm thirty one and Louis is thirty five. Why does the time fly by so fast? It's so scary, but I think that's what makes each minute and second more valuable.

"So, are you ready for your trip next week?" Kiara asks Louis once all the adults are seated in the backyard.

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at Louis. "What trip?"

He curses under his breath and closes his eyes, letting out a deep sigh as Peter quietly says to Kiara, "I think you shouldn't have said that."

"Let's go in for a second." Louis says, standing up and taking my hand in his. I follow him silently inside the house, and up the stairs. He shuts the door of my room in Peter's house as I sit on the bed.

"What is it?" I ask him calmly.

"My mum wants me to take over the company," He says, sitting down next to me. "Now more than ever, she's so presistent, and dad is only supporting her suggesstion."

"Okay." I say quietly, waiting for him to continue.

"You already know that they've expanded in Japan," He looks at me and I nod. "Well, first meeting will be held next week, and they want me to attend it and officially take over, or at least participate."

I let his words sink in for a few minutes before I say, "But we've been postponing our trip to Paris because of the new parlour and your work. We've postponed it five times, Louis. We should have been to Paris seven months ago."

"I know, love..."

"No, you don't," I say, keeping my voice and emotions under control. "I understand that it's out of your control, and that it was for your work, but you're the boss of your work, Louis. I didn't complain and I didn't get mad or upset, I excused you, but we haven't had a nice vacation for the two of us in a long time, Louis."

"And I promise..."

"I don't want you to promise me," I snap, scowling at him. "We both know that you'll go to Japan next week, and that we'll postpone Paris for another month or Lyara knows how long, you know that I won't stand between you and your work, but you should stop putting your work between me and you." I huff, crossing my arms.

"Baby, I know that. I'm at fault."

"You know, that's not even what's upsetting me so much," I interrupt him. "It's the fact that I knew from Kiara just now, and I know that you knew a long time ago, and the fact that you didn't tell me, and now you're leaving way too soon is really making me fucking angry."

"I swear to God, I didn't tell you because I wasn't going," He turns to face me completely, searching between my eyes. "You know how my mother can be, I'm literally being dragged into this, and I won't even take over, you know I'm shit at that type of business."

"Still," I snap. "Damn it, all I fucking want is to go to fucking Paris with you, and all you keep doing is fucking postpone it."

"I'll fucking take you, then," He says, a smile playing on his lips. "Don't be fucking upset."

"I'm horny and I want to have angry sex." I blurt out angrily.

"What?" He looks stunned.

"Angry sex," I glare at him. "Now."

(aaaaaaaaand I'm back! So bloody sorry, I'm on a two week break now, so I'll be updating soon again! There's only one chapter left... for real this time. I'm crying glitter. aghhh, don't forget to vote and comment, love you xoxo)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

640K 39.2K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
8.1K 258 25
Wendy Andersson is a swedish/american girl, her life is what you would class as perfect. But underneath she's heartbroken. The happiest month of the...
78K 1.7K 12
"Have we ever truly been at peace?" Eurus and Technoblade vowed to stay together. They planned out their entire life together, knowing that it will n...