The Hybrid

By sarahkayy09

I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking... More

1. Alone
2. Run
3. Alpha
4. Escape
5. Tyler
6. Breathe
7. Apple Pie
8. Gone
9. Rogue
10. Russell
11. Addison
12. Behave
13. Try me
14. Puddin cup
15. Red eyes
16. Hunters
17. Hunted
18. King of the Savages
Flashes
Curiosity
Drowning in my Sorrows
Frozen arguements
Sweet dreams
Other Motives
Party Crashers
Falling Kisses
Alive
Choking on Memories
Cold Weather and Warm Kisses
Return
Old Friend
Memory
Sickness and Health
Mourn
Emotions
With me
Shatter
Challenged
Cheater Cheater
The pain that follows
The Only Way Out
Fall into the Darkness
City lights and starry nights
What if
Trial and error
The Day I died
New Beginning
Gone With the Wind
A Place I call my Own
Epilogue

Caged Memories

6.7K 247 16
By sarahkayy09

Chapter song: Hold- Vera Blue

Alex-

My mouth dropped as awe crossed my face. My eyes grew wide with disbelief as I stared at the girl in front of me. I shifted back into my human form, pulling the giant white shirt over my head and standing up in the freezing snow. My best friend stood feet away from me, breathing frosty breaths as she gave me a wide smile. I pushed off of the snow, running fast and slamming into her with a giant hug. We both fell to the ground as we embraced each other.

"Addison!" I cried into her as she squeezed me tightly.

"Alex! I can't believe I finally found you!"

I finally pulled from our long embrace and we stood up from the frozen ground. I looked around us and the sun had descended behind the trees. Tyler was probably home now. Anxiety waved over me, dwelling in the bottom of my stomach. I needed to get home.

"We should get inside. " I quickly said as I took her hand and started back towards the house. I had traveled far in my run and it was going to take us some time to get back.

We trudged through the snow, my bare feet becoming numb and frozen from the icy ground. The trees grew darker and I searched the far forest. The hair on the back of my neck raised as I heard a growl and my eyes met with golden glowing ones in the distance. Addison's grip on my hand tightened as her eyes saw him too. The eyes disappeared behind a tree and the cracking of bones echoed through the trees letting us know the man was shifting.

The man reappeared from behind another tree, fully clothed, and stalked towards us. He wore a brown shirt and simple jeans. He approached us, a strong look covering his dark face.

"Are you two rogues?" He demanded as he stood dangerously close to Addison and I. This angered me. I had been here almost two weeks and I still haven't made enough of an impact to be known by the whole pack.

"Excuse me, Sir!" I stepped closer to him, my voice reeking with disgust. "Do you not know who I am?" I attempted to sound three times stronger than I actually was, using a voice laced with authority and power.

He chuckled evilly. "No. Care to enlighten me, Rogue." His words stung. It was true. I had been a rogue when my pack was killed.

"I am your alpha's mate!" I yelled, pressing a finger into his chest. He laughed once again, my face losing all authority and courage. He didn't believe me.

"That was a good one." He laughed again then roughly grabbed my wrist.

He didn't believe me.

I stood there shocked as he grabbed Addison as well. No. Anger boiled in my heart as he yanked Addison and I along.

"Don't touch her!" I yelled, prying my wrist from his painful grip. He turned back towards me, a challenging glare in his eyes. He looked at me as if he was saying: Go ahead. Try to escape. A devilish fire gleamed in his eyes. He wanted the fight, the chase.

I didn't care. Addison had been through enough as it is. She and I were the only remaining members of my old pack. We only had each other. I growled at him as I showed no fear. I wasn't about to go down without a fight. He only wanted to drag us down to some cell as if we were trespassers.

"I would watch yourself if I were you. Tyler wont be happy if he realizes you were messing with his mate." I smirked as I prepared for a fight. I must've been full of stupidity, thinking I could take this large man all by myself. But a new rage covered me, I was territorial over my family. Addison was my family.

The man lunged for me, releasing Addison simply because he was distracted by my in-compliance. I jumped to the side, sending him to take in a face full of frozen snow. I giggled at his reaction. Steam erupted from his ears as he sat up and spit out some ice, sending me a glare. He whipped an arm out, knocking me to the ground. I let out a grunt as my butt hit the hard ground with an unpleasant thud. He stood up and grabbed me by my foot, dragging me through the snow.

He took a hold of Addison and pulled her along too. Cold snow filled my white t shirt as the ground scraped my back. I kicked my bare feet to try and loosen his grab on my ankle. I kicked his hand with all of my force until he finally let go, whipping around to glare at me. He pulled me from the snow and continued walking. I struggled in his grip but it was too strong. I finally gave up, following him through the now dark forest.

We trudged through the frozen snow until we finally reached the buildings again. We had come to an area of the pack that I didn't recognize very well. The man dragged us into a large cement block building. The warm air was amazing, it embraced me as I started to thaw from the cold.

The man pulled us down a hallway until he reached two bland cells, throwing us each in a different one. I scrambled up from the floor, grabbing the cold rusty bars with both of my frozen hands.

"No! You can't leave us in here!" I yelled as the man began to walk away, the keys jingling on his belt with every step he took. "No! Stop!" My screeches echoes through the other empty cages as I yelled for the man that was only walking farther and farther away. "Let me speak to Tyler!" I became enraged.

"Just shut it!" I heard him yell after me harshly. I chose not to listen to him out of spite.

"I demand to speak to Tyler! Don't walk away!" I yelled. "Please." My voice came out in a whisper as he slammed the metal door to our room. I sank down the bars, sitting on the wet dirty floor in defeat. I looked around my damp cell.

A metal bed, rotten pillow, and a bucket.

A Bucket. Really? I groaned at the stupid bucket as I turned towards Addison's cell.

"Addison. It will be okay." I reassured her. She sat helplessly in the cell, her beautiful blonde hair cascading down her shoulders perfectly as if she had just styled it.

"This pack..." She stared into the distance. "I-I've heard stories of this pack..." She continues.

"Addi. Look at me." I commanded. Her eyes slowly drifted to mine. "They are not like that. I have met them. Tyler isn't like that. They're jus-"

"Are you sure?" She cut me off. "Because so far I've been thrown in a cell and dragged through the cold." She spat. "And whenever I met your precious mate, he tried to kill us." Her eye shattered contact with mine as she looked down.

"You and I both know he was under the hunter's control then..." I trailed off, at a loss for words. We just stared at the wall for a moment, thinking about everything that has happened to us over the past months. "Where is Russell?" Curiosity covered my face as I remembered the rogue. My first encounter with him was strange but he had proved to be trustworthy when he rescued me.

Her eyes filled with tears that dared to fall but didn't. Her bottom lip quivered as she recalled a memory. "We got separated.." She choked out. I glanced over ans saw blood covering her shirt. Her hair also held residue of blood that made me curious. Sympathy appeared on my features as I pictured her life alone. "I haven't seen him since that night..." Tears dragged down her red cheeks. 

"How did you get separated?" I asked gently as I reached my arm through the bars to brush a piece of her hair behind her. 

"It was a couple of days ago..." She began, "We had been walking through the snow for days, no where to stop, to find warmth. Until we came upon a civilization." she described. 

-Flashback- (Addison's POV)

We trudged through the same boring snow. I hated snow by now. It was too, cold. 

"Where are we even going?" I demanded to Russell, stopping in my tracks and crossing my arms. He turned to face me, the snow falling gently around him, speckling in his beautiful hair.

"Just a few more miles, sweetheart." He breathed out annoyed. I rolled my eyes.

"That's what you said TWELVE HOURS AGO!" I scoffed. I glanced around us, looking at the boring white snow surrounding us. Nothing but trees. Trees everywhere. I continued to stare in the distance as he finally spoke again. 

"Look, I don't exactly know were we're going. Okay? All I know is we need to find shelter soon before the dead of winter sets in and we turn into dead ice sculptures." His words were soft as I focused on the distance. My brain didn't process his snobby tone, instead it was focused.

"Addison!" He yelled bringing me out of my trace. "What is it?" He looked deeply into my eyes. A broad smile spread across my frozen face. 

"Look." I said pointing to the far distance. There stood the grey outlines of large buildings. Lots of them. 

He returned the smile as he realized what I was pointing at. He turned towards me and said, "Oh, Addison! You're brilliant!" he embraced me in a large hug, lifting me off of my feet. I squealed as he spun me around and then finally let my feet back onto the solid ground. I looked into his bright eyes and he leaned in, kissing me on the lips. Through this frozen weather, this kiss was the only thing keeping me warm. He released me from the delicate kiss and we both smiled before heading towards the village hand in hand. 

All of the buildings were massive, stretching to the moon goddess herself. We walked into the city, seeing the many cars and busy people. We walked along the sidewalk, avoiding the mobs of people and taking in the strange scent. I had a big smile plastered on my face until I looked over and saw a very tense Russell. 

"What's wrong?" I asked curiously as I looked at him. 

"We're in Chicago: A human city." He said seriously. My face paled a little in intimidation. I had never seen a real human before. I mean we're basically the same, except I can turn into a wolf and my kind is stronger. But still, humans were different. 

The humans shoved past us on the sidewalk as we walked down the large sidewalk. It was crowded here. 

"Where are we going?" I finally ask as we continue to shove by people. 

"I know a place... For our kind." He says through the crowd, dragging me with him. We walk for about ten minutes before taking a sharp turn and making our way down a dark alley. We approached a red door that lead into a brick building. Probably the back way inside. 

He pulled open the door, letting me take the lead into the warmth. The hot air inside felt amazing on my frozen skin. I closed my eyes as I began to thaw from the cold. When I opened my eyes again I awed the area around me. We were in a seemingly ordinary bar. There were wooden stools by the granite bar and small round tables filling up the room. Everything looked totally ordinary except for the creatures occupying the different tables and stools. 

This room was filled with werewolves, withes, vampires, and even a few hunters. Surprisingly none of them seemed to be trying to kill each other and that really puzzled me. 

"Don't say anything to anyone." Russell ordered as he pulled his hood over his head, masking his face. "Don't give out any personal information. We won't be here long I promise, Kitten." He whispered to me as he walked towards the bar. 

He stopped at the bar and had a conversation with the bartender that I couldn't hear. As I examined the rest of the room, I noticed how many people were staring directly at me. I brought my gaze to the floor, avoiding eye contact with anyone. 

"What's a pretty girl like you doing at a place like this?" An evil voice hissed in my ear. Shivers went down my spine as I recognized the man as a vampire. I turned around and my eyes met with cold yellow eyes that belonged to a deep red haired man. He had skin whiter than paper and a smile that made you want to run away. I gulped as I glanced past him to see the situation with Russell. He was still having an important conversation with the bartender. He nodded again and then walked away with the bartender leaving me alone. 

"I was just leaving, actually." I said quickly as I attempted to walk away. He grabbed my arm with his cold dead hand, pulling me back. 

"Not so fast, Wolf." He took a deep breath, smelling me with a very creepy. I shivered at how much this man made me uncomfortable. "don't you want to come back and stay with me tonight?" He gave me his disgusting smile. 

"I'm sorry." I gritted. "I'm seeing someone." I stated as I shoved my way out of his cold grip and made my way out of the door to the bar room and into a new hallway. I peered down the blue hallway curiously. A blue light hung from the ceiling, flickering dramatically and giving off a creepy vibe. 

I was slammed into the nearest blue wall by cold arms. My nose took in the scent of blood as I glared up and saw the same sleazy vampire. "Nobody walks away from me, Dear." His long nails streaked down my cheek as he gazed at my body, making me sick to the stomach. 

"Get off of me." I growled as I struggled in his grip. 

"Feisty." He chuckled as he easily had me pinned against the wall. "I like it." He gave me a creepy wink. I screamed as loud as I could for help only to have his dead hand over my mouth and earn a rude shushing from the vampire. Oh how I hated vampires. 

"Don't worry, dear. I only wish to cause some harm." He gave me an evil smile, revealing his long fangs that looked sharper than knives. Fear pricked my heart as it ran like a race horse. He reared his head back before sinking his teeth into my neck. 

A shooting pain ran through my body, sending me into utter shock. This bite was worse that I ever thought it would be. My neck burned as he sucked the life from me. My body grew weak and I was unable to scream. Only a whimper escaped my lips as I stood there weak and helpless. 

The sucking made me weaker as each excruciating second went by. The pain continued as my head throbbed from loss of blood. Everything suddenly stopped as the vampire became distracted by something behind me. He was ripped from me and punched roughly in the face. I slumped down the wall, clutching my bloody neck where he had tore into me. I looked up, my blurry vision only making out Russell as he beat the vampire. 

He finally paused, glancing at me only to stop completely and rush to my side. "Addison!" He yelled as he grabbed my hand. A small tear streaked down my face as I smiled up at my savior. "Addi, it's going to be okay! I'm going to get you out of here and-" Russell began. 

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." A new voice echoes through the dim hallway. Russell looked away from me and his face darkened. 

"Kai." Russell muttered a name I didn't recognize. From the look on Russell's face he was bad news. "What are you doing here?" He growled. 

"I was just about to tell you the same thing! Isn't that funny! Great minds think a like." He laughed. This man seemed cheery, in an insane way. He clapped his hands, turning serious once again. "Last time I saw you," He tapped his chin, " You tried to kill me." His face went cold.

Russell tensed up. I knew this was bad. "Just let me leave quietly and I wont every cross you again, Kai." He negotiated. 

"You see, I can't do that! I heard you aided my brother's Hybrid in escaping meaning you're on her side." He sucked in a breath through his teeth. "So that means I can't trust you running around wherever you please." He explained. A few men appeared from the door to the bar, approaching Russell. They were big. They were at least twice Russell's size and very muscular. 

"N-no Russell." I choked out from the ground. I sounded so weak. 

Russell threw punches at the men, kicking and doing some damage. The two men overpowered Russell's quick moves, pinning his arms behind his back. Russell struggled in their grip as they began to drag him away. The man named Kai walked a few steps closer to me, crouching down to my level. 

"Oh don't worry. He will be safe with me. Safe and dead." he said with an insane laughter. "Oh I'm funny! But anyways, can't have you following us." He smiled as he reached in the pocket of his jacket, pulling out a syringe. 

"N-no." I wiggled on the floor, trying to find the energy to get up or fight back. Kai stabbed the needle into my neck. The pain from the needle wasn't as bad as the bite, but it still brought tears to my eyes. He stood up and winked at me as he walked down the hallway whistling to a chilling song. 

My vision blurred as the blue light flickered in the hallway. Everything faded into darkness. 

Until I woke up. I lay helplessly on the floor, aware that hours of time had passed and I was too late to try to save Russell. I was alone. 

-End Flashback-

A tear fell from my eye as Addison finished her terrible story. She was pouring our tears as she recalled the bad memories. "Oh Addi!" I exclaimed as I rubbed soft circles on her back to comfort her. Her sobs rang through the walls for a while until she finally calmed down. My heart was heavy for her as I imagined her life. 

"It will be okay. We can find Russell again." I attempted to cheer her up. 

"You really think so?" She questioned hopefully. 

"I really think so. Liam is on-" I began but was cut off by the large metal door swinging open. 

The man from earlier rushed in with an ashamed look on his face as he trembled while trying to find the key to unlock our cell. Another pair of footsteps was heard and I saw Tyler appear in the doorway to this dungeon. 

"Tyler." I breathed out, clutching the bars with both hands. 

"Open the damn cell already, Garrett!" He barked at the man. Garrett finally found the shiny key and shoved it into the lock as he shook it to unlock the cell. I rushed out as soon as the door opened, hugging Tyler. He remained tense as he glared at Garrett. Garrett opened Addison's cell as well, letting her out. He looked at Tyler with fear in his eyes. 

He moved away from my grasp, shoving Garrett into the cell and locking the door. The keys fell to the ground outside of the cell. Tyler kicked them out of Garrett's reach. 

"You can come out when you can get the keys." He growled as he turned, took my elbow in his hand, and escorted me out like a child, Addi following on my heels. 

Tyler dragged me through the streets until we reached his house and he pulled me inside. We entered the large living area and Tyler slammed the front door. He turned to a very nervous looking Addison and smiled sweetly "Addison, may I have a moment to speak with Alex. Alone?" His tone scared me. I knew he was mad. 

She nodded and Tyler grabbed my arm again, pulling me up the stairs to his bedroom. He dragged me into the bedroom, slamming the door behind us and finally releasing his grip on me. I looked into his brown eyes and only saw rage. I immediately directed my eyes down, far away from his angry glares. He moved towards me, grabbing my chin and lifting it up so I was forced to look into his angry eyes. 

"You better have an explanation." He growled. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think? How is that for a long chapter? Leave me a comment and don't forget to press that vote button! (Totally unedited! So if you see mistakes I'm sorry!

-Sarah:P 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 238 36
"You can't go through this and she can't come out of it. " Vampire told me and I snapped back to punch him again. "Get her out. NOW." I yelled. He wa...
1M 24.4K 11
I was almost to the door when I remembered the leather jacket I brought. I turned back to the room and just as I entered the most wonderful smell hit...
450K 10.4K 16
"I don't believe it." a low inhumane voice whispered. I have to look up to meet his gaze. Is he a new bully? Haven't seen him before. "What is your n...
1M 27.4K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...