You're My Freedom

By HipstuhhLouis

Yup no one likes me. I'm a burden but hey, I'm smart and I've got a future ahead of me. When I'm 18 I plan on... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Zayn
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

7

18.4K 640 62
By HipstuhhLouis

Madison's POV

Yeah I'm pretty exhausted. It's like 1 p.m right now and the party lasted 'till about three in the morning. The house is literally a mess and Mitchell and I have to clean everything.

What happened with Niall yesterday was just really weird and we agreed to keep it passed us so it wouldn't affect our friendship. It's reasonable.

I really need some coffee right now and the café just around the corner seems really good for the moment.

I quickly slipped on a pair of jeans and a shirt and head off to Mitchell's room. He probably needs the coffee from all the drinking he's done. I some what worry a little. He's just seventeen and he shouldn't be drinking honestly. Why drink and risk screwing up your life, no thank you.

I knocked on his door and when I heard no answer. I slowly opened the door. I peaked in his room and found him on his bed with...Chelsea! I let out a silent gasp as my hand flew up to cover my mouth. My eyes widened. I closed the door again and decided I really do need some coffee right now.

I went down the stairs and grabbed a gray sweater. The place is an absolute mess. I'll tidy things up when I come back. I shoved my phone in my pocket and head out the door. I decided not to take the car and help not pollute the environment for once. And anyways the cafe is just around here.

As I passed the house next to ours I wondered if the lady that had invited me over was home last night. We didn't get in trouble or anything and I wondered how no neighbors complained. Surprised really. What was her name again? Umm...Glenda. I think so. She was really nice, I should stop by soon and I don't know talk to her. And possibly apologize if she was home last night for the noise and the inconvenience.

The little shopping center came into view I walked a little faster. The moment I stepped foot in the cafe my nose was enlightened with the smell of coffee. It was much warmer in the shop then outside. There were a couple of people sitting down and conversing, not such a busy day today I guess.

"Are you ready to order" A lady behind the counter said not so cheerfully.

"Umm...yeah I would like a medium espresso with the cream" I asked.

She pressed some buttons on the cash register and it opened. She told me it would be 1.89 pounds. I gave her the money and told her to keep the change. I waited on the side for my coffee to be handed to me. Other people came in to order but it still wasn't packed.

"Here you go Ms." A guy passed me my coffee.

"Thank you" I said as I reached over for my coffee.

I decided to sit down in a booth and just relax a little bit. I do miss mum already but it's still nice knowing she isn't on top of me as much. I miss Robert too. He's the closest I've got of a father. I need to study on tomorrow I have a chemistry exam. Just then the door bell rang signaling another customer. I diverted my eyes to the door as saw Zayn.

His hair was a mess and he didn't wear his piercings today. He looked tired? He asked about the party yesterday. Did he go? Possibly, but I didn't see him there. He started ordering. He's interesting, the way he stood. He acts like he couldn't care less, but that is obviously an act. He caught my staring and did a double take. I slowly looked away and took a sip from my coffee. I then slowly looked back at him and he had a stern face. His lips were in a thin line and no hint of amusement in his facial expression.

The same guy that handed me my coffee passed Zayn his coffee. I quickly looked out the window and continued to sip from my cup. I tried really hard not to break my gaze from the window. Suddenly I heard the booth move and I looked away from the window. He sat right across from me in the same booth and stared.

I looked back at the window and he coughed. I looked back at him and we locked stares. He licked his lips before speaking.

"Didn't I give you permission to take a picture, it lasts longer" He said.

"I could say the same thing to you" I responded.

"But, you didn't" He said.

He drank is coffee and waited for my response but I didn't know what to say.

"Uhh... were you at the party?" I asked him.

"Why do you care?" He asked back.

"It was just a question" I remarked.

"Well then I was at the party but I didn't see you there. Strange huh?" He said.

"So you were looking for me then?" I smirked.

"No" He said calmly and my smirk vanished.

He seems so cool about everything. Why? Why does he try so hard?

"I met Eleanor" I blurted out.

He frowned.

"How do you know El?" He asked.

"Niall introduced us" I answered.

He rolled his eyes and this time I frowned. I took a sip from my coffee and waited for his response. He laughed sarcastically. He now took a sip from his coffee and looked at me.

"So now you and Niall are getting pretty serious huh? He's introducing you to his friends, what's next his family?" He laughed out loud.

"No! Niall and I are just friends. Shouldn't you know? Aren't you like best friends?" I asked back.

"Oh I know that both of you are just friends. I just wanted to know if you would lie or something. I wanted to know if you're just like your brother" He half smiled.

His little remark there confused me. Did Mitchell do something I didn't know of? He's never been good at keeping secrets.

"Mitchell is my stepbrother" Was all I said.

He hummed at my response. He took another sip of his coffee and stood up. He threw his coffee out and without even saying goodbye, he left. The door shut behind him and I watched him from the window. He walked out to the parking lot. I then spotted his motorcycle. The same one I saw when he delivered the pizza. He got on it and turn to look at the coffee shop. The windows were transparent from both sides so he was able to see me. He licked his lips before putting his helmet off and driving off.

Zayn was mysterious and I liked that about him. The thrill, I want to find out more about him.

~~~

When I arrived home everything was still a mess. I dropped on the couch and sighed. I then got up with Mitchell's coffee in my hand and I placed it on top of the stove so it would stay hot. As I was going to walk to the stairs I bumped into someone and they screamed. I mean they screamed so loudly I'm sure my ear popped. I covered one ear with my hand and looked up. Chelsea.

Of course it was Chelsea, who else could it be?

She smirked at me and walked down the final two steps.

"You don't look surprised" She snarled.

"Why would I?" I replied.

"Jealous?" She said with an attitude.

"For what? He's Mitchell. He's just like you, just the male version and you're pretty low" I tried my best to say something back to her.

She scoffed and smacked my face. Her eyes looked into mine and I was mad. How dare she slap me in my own house? I grabbed her arm and pulled her until we were in front of the door. She was screaming that I was hurting her wrist but I didn't care she laid her hand on me first.

"Don't ever lay a hand on me!" She screamed.

"Then don't lay a hand on me! Especially in my own house" I shouted back.

I opened the door and pushed her out and quickly shut the door. I heard her foul words from my side of the door. She hit the door with her fist before leaving. Then immediately Mitchell came down the stairs groaning.

"Can you not shout? I have the worst hangover ever" He groaned.

"Then don't drink so much next time" I told him.

"Shut up" He rolled his eyes.

I went to the kitchen to retrieve the coffee I got for him. I took it in my hands and gave it to him as he sat down on the dinner table.

"Here" I said and gave him the coffee.

"Thanks" He murmured before placing his lips on the rim of the cup to sip.

"You are going to help me pick everything up when you're hangover passes" I told him.

"I know. Just shut up for a second" He said.

I frowned. I decided to start cleaning up the mess. I got a garbage bag from the closet and started to toss things inside. There were about half a million cups on the floor. Okay, so maybe not half a million but, there was a lot.

I grabbed a cup and tossed it in the bag.

"Did my mum call?" I asked Mitchell.

"No and my dad didn't call either" He said.

I nodded. My mind was on mum and Robert but I couldn't help but think about Zayn. He was so reserved and why don't Niall and Zayn like Mitchell. I mean it's understandable but...still. Too suspicious. He must have done something because more than half the school likes Mitchell.

I continued to watch Mitchell as he let his head rest on the table. I yawned. I was tired and I'm just sick of everything. Weight is lifted off my shoulders but it's just like lifting a feather off. Still something, but barely anything.

"Ummmm...Do you know Niall?" I asked suddenly.

He lifted his head off the table and looked at me and a small side smile appeared on his face.

"You mean the boy with pink? Yeah I know him. Pain in the ass that kid" He commented.

I frowned. I didn't like the way he described him. I haven't known Niall for long, but that's no way to describe someone. That's just plain rude. I tossed the cups with more force making it clatter with the other cups.

"What about Zayn?" I asked.

He shouldn't have something to say about Zayn. I doubt anyone really knows him except for Niall and maybe Louis. Does Mitchell know about Louis?

"You like him don't you?" Mitchell stood up.

I was surprised by the way he responded.

"No. I've never liked anyone so why would I start with him" I shrugged.

He stood up from his chair and walked toward me.

"Good because you shouldn't like him not ever. He's no good for you. You're innocent and good and he's the opposite. Stay away from him. He will do things that will make you like him but don't, avoid him. He's shit and you deserve a lot better. He's not just that pizza guy" He frowned.

It was hard to take in everything he said. It was surprising and crazy. Mitchell probably knew more about Zayn than I did. No, it's a fact. He knows more about Zayn than I do. What did he mean by all that? He's not just a pizza guy?

"I'm cleaning up the upstairs" He said and was gone.

What did he mean about Zayn? I shivered. I feel like Mitchell is wrong. If I want to like Zayn I feel like I should. I don't but, I don't fancy how he thinks he could just boss me around. I shouldn't avoid Zayn because Mitchell told me to. No, I'm not going to avoid Zayn. I want to know more about him and I want to know why Mitchell said all those things about Zayn to me.

School is going to get a bit more interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
557K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.1M 36.9K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
753K 27.9K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...