Lupin's cub (Remus Lupin's Un...

By BookieBat

What if Remus Lupin had a daughter, and that daughter was a werewolf. What if he never knew? What if her moth... More

Monsters
Congratulations you're a father
In the moonlight
Dementors
Well this is new
Dog in the castle
Dementors return
Christmas
Secrets and fears
Old friends and the full moon
The witch is back
Pranks and birthdays
Ghosts of the past
Just a joke
Nightmares
The world sucks sometimes
The perfect gifts
Laughter
Death becomes her
Grimauld place
Parting of the ways
Absense and love
Some revelations hurt
Fury of a fearful child
The Order
We are what we make ourselves
Things done in secret
Day out/ worst fears
Growing up
St. Mungos
Christmas at Grimauld
Return to hogwarts
The toad
If only youd'd listen
Ive got you puppy
The coming storm
Blood Moon
Nuts
Party
Party 2.0
Pranking apprentice
The failed trick or treat
Christmas matchmaking
Cookies
All good things
Dyrim
Betrayal
Chaos at a wedding
Moonbeams
Death
Into death
The aura will tell
Epilogue

Wounds

30.1K 1.1K 1.1K
By BookieBat

Remus's entrance into the tiny police department in his home town would've impressed even Severus Snape. That is if Snape had the capacity to be impressed by someone he cared so little for. The tawny haired man billowed into the precinct his eyes landing immediately on his daughter, who sat on the edge of a desk glaring angrily at a police officer. The officer in question appeared rather confused and exasperated.

"Merlin's pants! I told you he didn't kidnap me you daft spud! How exactly would that even make sense? What he walked around till he found the one kid in a bird costume so he could match his kidnappee for trick or treating?!" Caelen snapped, irritation evident in her voice.

The officer sighed as if they'd discussed this repeatedly already, which was pretty likely knowing Caelen. "The man in the cell is a wanted criminal."

"The man in the cell WAS a wanted criminal!" The girl snapped with a groan. "He was ex-ex-"

"-exonerated." Remus finished for her with a relieved smile.

Caelen spun around hopping from the desk and hurrying over to her father, despite the weak protests from, who she'd quickly begun thinking of as her captor. "Yes that." She agreed as she launched herself into his arms. "They locked uncle Sirius and aunt Nutty in these big cages like animals!" She glared angrily back at the officer. "He keeps saying uncle Sirius is dangerous, and drunk, and won't let me see them!"

Remus nodded patting his child reassuringly, "I'll handle it Cub," he promised quietly. "Officer I'm afraid there's been a bit of a mixup, what my daughter's been telling you is the truth, she, Sirius, and Nuntis were out trick or treating. Sirius isn't always the most responsible but he's not a danger, at least not to Caelen."

The officer grumbled but eventually, after cramping Remus's hand up with what he believed was an inordinate amount of paper signing, led them back to the cells. "They put up quite a fight, there will be a fine for that." The officer warned before they turned a corner. Remus's jaw clenched angrily as he took in his friends.

Nuntis was pacing much like a tiger in a small cage at the circus. Scrapes and bruises littered her arms and her lip had split. She looked poised and ready to rip someone apart. Sirius sat in the corner on a metal bench, his elbows resting on his knees, head held in his hands. Remus wasn't sure yet how injured he was but if Nuntis looked as she did he had no doubt Sirius would be similar.

The guard cleared his throat, "Mr. Lupin has come to collect you," his tone sounded like they'd been wrong all along. The implication had Remus's teeth grinding and eyes narrowing in anger.

Sirius lifted his head slowly wincing at whatever expression he saw on his friend's face. "Remmy-"

"Home Sirius," Remus ground out as he snatched their things away from the guard and headed for the doors. Nuntis snapped her teeth at the guard as they passed, Sirius merely hung his head following behind much like a kicked puppy.

The walk home was silent aside from Caelen's constant chattering about how she'd tried to explain and the officer was a bit daft. Sirius would have laughed if he hadn't been so upset.

Remus ushered the group into the cottage without a word pointing the adults toward the kitchen before slamming the door. Remus pulled out his bandages silently cleaning and bandaging Nuntis first.

"I'll get Caelen ready for bed shall I?" Nuts offered.

Remus nodded, "thanks Nun."

The woman squeezed Sirius' shoulder gently as she passed.

"Come here Sirius." Remus sighed.

Sirius stood with his arms crossed belligerently by the kitchen doorway. "No."

Remus ground his teeth again, there was a part of him warning how bad that was for his dental health but he ignored it. His hand snapped out catching Sirius by the wrist and dragging him over towards the sink.

"You can quit looking at me like that," Sirius snapped, avoiding his eyes.

Remus sighed again, "like what?"

"Like I'm the world's greatest screw up! Like you can't imagine a worse idea than letting me out on my own! Like you expected this all along!" Once he got going he didn't seem able to stop and Sirius began pacing around the kitchen. His arms waved expressively as he ranted. His voice rose a bit with every sentence. Remus silently cast a charm to keep the noise in the kitchen. "I know I've made a few mistakes but I don't always do so! And you come in looking all angry and exasperated and it's so irritating because I actually feel as if I've let you down! This was completely not my fault!"

"I know that," Remus replied quietly.

"And Nuts, wait what?" Sirius visibly deflated as he seemed to absorb Remus's stance. "You know?"

"Of course I do, I know you didn't kidnap Caelen." Remus snorted as he attempted to real Sirius back in to continue dressing his wounds. Sirius hissed quietly as his quickly blackening eye was prodded.

"But," Sirius floundered gesturing vaguely at Remus as a whole, "I don't understand? You look pissed off?"

Remus let out a little growl, "Well I am pissed off. Have you actually seen the pair of you?"

Sirius stood quietly for a while. Now that he knew Remus wasn't angry at him other thoughts were beginning to slip through his jumbled mind. Remus was standing close in front of him. His head bent low as he inspected a gash along Sirius's neck. Sirius tried hard not to move as warm breath fluttered across his collar bones. He couldn't quite stop himself from turning his head, inhaling the clean soap scent of Remus's hair as it tickled his chin. "So," he began, his voice slightly husky, "just to be clear you're angry because we're a bit banged up, not at me."

Remus glanced up moving a step back as if he'd only just realized how closely they were standing. "I would have thought we'd established that?" They stood silently for a while Sirius wishing he could pull Remus back to where he'd been moments before, Remus seeming to study his face.

Remus chuckled softly as a clatter sounded from the living room, "that'll be Tonks, Dumbledore said he'd be sending some information by with her later."

Sirius dropped his head back against a cupboard, wincing as he found a previously unnoticed bruise.

____________________________

Nuntis curled beside Caelen on the girl's bed. A tap on her arm caught her attention and she slit her eyes open. Caelen held out their notebook with a smile. "Are you ok?"

Nuntis propped herself up against the headboard smiling gently as she moved to respond, "I am fine Tesero."

Caelen smiled snuggling into Nuntis's side, "Why're daddy and uncle Sirius acting so weird?"

The woman's shoulders shook in silent amusement. "Your daddy is feeling protective, someone harmed his pack. Sirius seems to mistakingly believe Remus's anger is directed at him."

Caelen paused for a bit as if she wasn't certain she should ask her next question. "Why're you so down tonight? Besides the obvious?

Nuts eyed the girl in surprise, "you're very observant la mia piccola stella, I am sad this evening. It is a nostalgic sadness."

Caelen pointed silently at the new words earning another tired smile, "my little star," she explained, running her fingers soothingly through the girl's long brown hair. "Sometimes, piccolo amore, we might have something that no one knows about. If we lose that thing, it's nice because no one brings it up but hard because you have no one to talk to about it."

Caelen's fingers brushed against a too big ring Nuntis always fiddled with. It was a silvery color two snakes intertwined in an infinite knot their green gemstone eyes flickering in the soft lamp light. "The thing you lost was a person?"

"Yes tesero, I lost my person, my love."

Caelen snuggled in closer, an unconscious offering of comfort. "What happened?"

The woman glanced towards the door, sitting thoughtfully for a time before her hand ever moved to respond. "What I am about to share I have never told a soul. If I entrust this secret to you I expect you to honor it?" Caelen nodded solemnly. "Very well. I know you're aware I was not in your father or uncle's house at school. Remus and I became friends due to a shared secret."

"You're like me, I know that." Caelen whispered.

Nuntis nodded, "I am a born wolf yes, but that is not actually a part of my story. At least not this story. I met a boy in my school days, he had black hair and eyes the color of fog on a cold night. He was my first and only love, but circumstances and family prejudices consumed him. In the end he could not be saved."

"But you still loved him?"

Nuts smiled a sad little grin, "I did, I married him, would've been twenty years ago tonight."

Caelen gasped, "you were quite young!"

Nuntis smiled, "it was different then. There was a war happening no one knew how long they'd be alive. He died, attempting to right his wrongs. No one else knows what he did, or where he's gone." A tear rolled down the woman's cheek. "From time to time someone will mention him, usually in reference to his family, how sad it is he didn't make it out. How they wonder whatever became of him. In the end I know, that's enough. He died a hero. He made mistakes, horrible mistakes, but he gave his life in an attempt to make amends."

Caelen yawned tiredly, "who was he?"

"I think that may be a story for another time."

______________________________

Bit shorter than usual but felt perfect so yeah here it is 😁 hope you like it. Thanks for your patience guys I know I've been updating slow lately. 💙💙 laters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 424 54
Kacie Elektra Black, the twin of Sirius Black, was part of the Marauders. Part of the group of Gryffindor's that was the closest groups of friends yo...
563K 12.3K 56
What if Sirius Black had a daughter? What if that daughter fell in love with a redhead? [UNDER MAJOY EDITING]
13.7K 497 30
Enid Lupin was the daughter of Remus Lupin. Enid was Remus's pride and joy, and he would do absolutely anything for her. When she was born, he was te...
55.5K 1.4K 13
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...