Not A Damsel in Distress

Av WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... Mer

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Twenty Five

25K 1.5K 208
Av WriterAnisha_2307

Vikas's Office, Helping Hand, NGO

Armaan walks closer, locking her gaze with him and stands in front of Kavya and comments in a low voice, "What a pleasant surprise!"

Armaan stares at Kavya with a smirk, who stares back in shock, unable to utter a word.

He takes a step closer and whispers, "I am amazed, Mrs. Raichand."

Baffled with the situation, Kavya involuntarily takes a step back and thinks, 'How did this happen?'

Vikas gets to his feet and walks towards the couple, who are busy staring at each other with different expressions.

Vikas asks Kavya with amusement, "Are you Mrs. Raichand?"

Before she could react, Armaan informs with a smirk, "Of course, she is."

Vikas faces Armaan for a second to smiles, before looking at Kavya and voicing his doubt, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Kavya composes herself and clarifies, "I was scared, if I had informed about my family background, then maybe everyone will think I am faking to help people for publicity or goodwill for the family name."

Vikas nods in understanding and voices his another doubt, "If I am not mistaking, you are not aware, your husband is after the land? How is it possible?"

Kavya plays with her fingers, lowering her gaze and thinking of an excuse.

Though Armaan answers for her, "That's because..."

Kavya faces him and he continues, facing her, "We are recently married and haven't reached to the point, where I can discuss the details of my work with her."

Vikas nods in understanding and opens his mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by Armaan, "Would you mind, if I talk with my WIFE in private?"

Kavya faces Armaan in bewilderment on hearing the word "WIFE" from his mouth.

While on the other side, Rihan and Ruhi, who were watching the trio's conversation silently, frown in confusion with the Arrogant's question.

Vikas responds with a smile, "Of course not, you can talk in our games room, it is empty."

Armaan smiles back and turns to face Kavya, he asks, "Shall we, Mrs. Raichand?"

Kavya feels a soft hand, holding her left one and lowers her gaze to find Ruhi is folding her hand.

She faces Ruhi, who smiles at her with assurance and turns to glare at Armaan. However, he remains busy staring at Kavya with an unknown expression, lingering in his eyes.

Kavya turns to walk out of Vikas's Office with Ruhi by her side. Armaan and Rihan follow soon.

Corridor

Ruhi whispers to Kavya, while walking towards the games room, "Kavy, why does he want to talk with you in private?"

Kavya whispers back, "How would I know?"

Rihan whispers to Armaan, while following the girls, "Why do you want to talk with her in private?"

Armaan doesn't respond and he continues, "See, don't do anything in anger, I will find another land for the project, just let this go."

Armaan snaps in a low voice, "Stay out of it."

Before Rihan could react, the girls halt at the door of the Games Room.

Armaan watches Kavya, opening the door with one hand as her other hand is still held by Ruhi.

Armaan orders, facing Ruhi, "I want to talk with Kavya alone, so stay out."

Ruhi argue, "No, I will stay with Kavya, I am not leaving her alone with you."

Armaan glares at Ruhi for disobeying, but Kavya comes in between and assures, facing Ruhi, "It's ok, stay here."

Kavya shakes her head, when Ruhi tries to argue again and turns to face Armaan, gesturing him to enter.

They enter and Armaan closes the door, making Ruhi worried for Kavya. While Rihan tries to understand what is Armaan's thinking.

Games Room

Kavya stands at the corner, leaning on an old wooden table, while Armaan drags an old wooden chair to sit.

They remain silent, unsure of how to initiate the conversation. Kavya shifts her attention to the view outside the large window, though she is aware of his intense gaze on her and chooses to ignore.

Armaan demands, breaking the awkward silence in the air, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Kavya faces him and asks in response, "Tell you about what?"

Armaan states in a bitter tone, "Your job."

Kavya frowns, while asking, "Why should I tell you about my job?"

Armaan takes a deep breath to control his anger and not utter anything to Kavya, which might worsen the situation.

He states, once he is calm, "Kavya, I know you are angry because I didn't confessed the truth on time and-"

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose and continues, "And I left you here alone, without informing about my business trip. I am sorry."

Kavya looks away in anger as she fails to catch any emotion in his short apology. It makes her realise, he neither regrets his actions, nor feels ashamed for ruining her life.

Armaan continues, "I know I shouldn't have done it. But Kavya, that doesn't mean, you can start hiding things from me."

Kavya faces him in amusement and Armaan specifies, "You should have informed about your job, on your own, instead of me finding out, in this way. I-"

Kavya interrupts, raising her hand, "Wait a minute."

Kavya straightens up and asks, "You expect me to come and tell you of my job on my own! Are you even serious?"

Armaan nods in confirmation and Kavya fails to stop the hilarious chuckle from escaping her lips.

He watches in confusion as what part of his conversation seemed funny to her.

Kavya composes herself and states, "But Armaan, did you tell me about your intentions to marry me on time? Did you share the information which was IMPORTANT for me to know?"

Armaan is taken aback by her questions, but before he can react, she continues, "You opened your mouth after getting your benefits. I am here, at least, not doing anything to take benefits. I am giving services and helping the needy people."

He nods in understanding and opens his mouth to speak again, only to be interrupted by Kavya, "And last what I remember, you said this marriage means nothing to you and you don't consider me as your wife."

Armaan remembers, uttering these same words to Kavya, that night. He stares into Kavya's eyes as they turn from hilarious to furious.

She goes on, "So, apart from that so-called marriage, there is no other relationship between us. To be precise, we are as good as strangers."

Kavya raises her eyebrows and demands, "Then what makes you think, I will share details of my life with you?"

Armaan opens his mouth to speak, but Kavya didn't give him an opportunity and walks closer, while glaring at him.

She retorts in a raised voice, "When you said, you do not believe in this marriage, then who do you think you are to question me about my personal life?"

Armaan tries to speak, but Kavya snaps again, "And as far as I believe, strangers don't interfere in each other's life. That's why, I didn't asked you, where you had been vanished all these days. Then why are you asking me?"

Kavya finally waits, giving Armaan an opportunity to answer, but fails to come up with one and lowers his gaze.

Outside Games Room

Rihan stands, leaning on the wall and Ruhi walks in the length of the corridor, while panicking.

Ruhi keeps chanting softly, "Please God, don't let that idiot hurt my Kavy. Please please please. Lord Gannu, I will distribute chocolate and ice cream among the poor children, if you make that pig vanish from the earth."

Rihan chuckles, hearing her sweet prayers and murmurs, "Pig?"

He couldn't stop himself from admiring the innocent beauty, who is panicking and bribing the God for saving her friend.

Rihan informs, "That 'PIG' will not hurt your friend now, so relax."

Ruhi stops at her spot and stares at him as he smiles in assurance. But she didn't respond and continues to walk along the corridor, while making a deal with God to save her friend.

Rihan couldn't help his lips to curl up in a smile and shake his head in disbelief.

He thinks, 'Interesting girl.'

Games Room

Kavya stares at Armaan, while tapping her foot impatiently, waiting for an answer.

Though, her accusations and questions made him speechless. He didn't know what to say or explain to her and pinches the bridge of his nose, while thinking.

Armaan faces her, before informing, "I am answerable to your father."

Kavya stares at Armaan with amusement, evident in her eyes and demands, "Seriously?"

Armaan nods with a hint of nervousness in his eyes and Kavya chuckles again.

She asks, "Armaan, did my father called you even for once in these days to ask about my whereabouts, which makes you assume, he believes, you are capable enough, for taking care of me?"

Kavya's words make Armaan speechless again.

He recollects, though her father asked him to take care of her, he didn't called once to take updates. He realises, she has handled her father's concerns in a way, which didn't allow Ranveer to call him, even once.

Armaan opens his mouth to justify, only to shut it back because of the lack of words. He looks away from Kavya, making her eyes well up with painful tears.

Kavya thinks, 'Armaan, I am your wife, can't you care for me without bringing someone else between us?'

She lowers her gaze and shakes her head, deciding not to cry over such a man, who has no concern for her.

Kavya takes a deep breath and lifts her face, while blinking her eyes multiple times to hold back the tears. She finger combs her hair in style, while composing herself and takes a section of her hair from the left and sets it, on her shoulder.

She keeps her head high and starts moving towards the door with confidence, evident in her eyes and attitude, noticeable in her steps.

The sound of her heels grabs Armaan's attention and he turns to find Kavya walking towards the door.

He immediately gets to his feet and asks, "Where are you going?"

Kavya stops and stares straight at the door, while answering, "I have work, Mr. Raichand. I can't waste my precious time with you."

Kavya lifts her feet to walk ahead, only to stop by Armaan's words, "I need that land Kavya, it's important for my project. I have already lost two projects, I can't take a risk with another."

Kavya clenches her fists and murmurs in anger, "Projects."

She turns around and announces, "I am not giving you that land, Mr. Raichand. More than you, uneducated and poor kids need it, so forget about the land and don't come here again to waste my time."

Armaan tries to convince her, keeping his anger at bay, "Try to understand, Kavya. I will help in getting another land or give the money to get one, on your own."

Kavya retorts, "Why don't you keep your money to yourself and get other land for your project?"

Armaan states in a louder tone, "Because the location is best for my project."

Kavya smirks devilishly and replies, "It is even best for the school. So, we won't give it to you."

Armaan glares at her and threatens, "Don't force me to do something inappropriate, Kavya. Ask Vikas, to hand over the land to me, I will pay for another land."

Kavya declares in a determined tone, "You are free to do anything, Mr. Raichand, but THIS land will remain with the NGO, no matter what difficulties, you create for us. The land is under my supervision and I will not let you even step on it."

Kavya turns without waiting for a response and pulls the door open with force, before walking out of the room.

Outside Games Room

Rihan stares at Ruhi with amusement, who is still trying to strike a deal with God for protecting her friend.

But his attention is captured by the opening of the games room's door. He finds Kavya, walking out in anger and Ruhi rushing to her side.

Ruhi asks with concern, "What happened?"

Kavya answers with a bitter tone, "Nothing, an arrogant and selfish businessman wasted my precious time with his nonsense talks."

Saying this, Kavya holds Ruhi's hand and starts walking towards the office room.

While Rihan stands there stunned with Kavya's new behaviour.

Rihan murmurs, "Mr. Yash Raichand has selected an equally stubborn and rigid girl for Armaan. Is he even Armaan's legal father?"

He turns to enter the games room, but stops seeing Armaan step out of the room.

Before Rihan could ask anything, Armaan orders, "Find out which politician gave Helping Hand this land for building a school. Fix my meeting with him for tomorrow."

Rihan tries to argue, "But-"

Armaan glares at him and orders, "Do as I say, Rihan."

Armaan starts walking towards the exit and Rihan slaps his forehead.

He murmurs, "Damn it."

The rest of the day, Ruhi tries to know what happened between Kavya and Armaan, but Kavya was too angry to explain.

She was eagerly waiting to go back at Armaan's Mansion to get rid of the burden of staying at his place for free. She didn't want to rely on him anymore.

Armaan's Mansion

Kavya enters the Mansion in anger and calls Mary. She asks her to bring the cash box in her room.

Kavya's Room

Kavya opens her wardrobe and enters the code in the safe, which is placed at the right side of the wardrobe.

She turns, when the door of her room opens and finds Mary, entering with a wooden box.

Kavya asks, "Rent?"

Mary observes, she is angry and moves closer to ask, "Is everything alright, Kavya? You seem angry?"

Kavya clenches her fist, remembering her earlier argument with Armaan and states, "Please tell me the rent, Mary. I cannot carry the burden of relying on him, anymore."

Mary doesn't argue, understanding there is something else going on and informs, "INR 50000, a month."

Kavya nods and removes 50000 from the safe then locks it back. She stuffs the money in a plain white envelope and places it, on the bed.

Kavya grabs the box from Mary's hand and places it on the bed as well. The box has the money for the meal, which she has eaten till now.

Kavya states, "Inform me, when Armaan returns. I have to give him the money today itself."

Mary watches as Kavya grabs a plain paper and starts writing, while sitting on the bed.

She moves closer and finds Kavya writing an agreement, promising to pay for the food, she eats and rent for the room, where she stays in Armaan's Mansion.

Mary removes the blank cheque from her uniform pocket and thinks, 'Should I give this now?'

She glances at Kavya and fears, this will increase her anger. But she couldn't even hide about the cheque anymore.

Mary walks closer and forwards the cheque, grabbing Kavya's attention and informs, "Armaan gave this cheque, for your personal expenses."

Kavya gets to her feet and grabs the cheque to read.

Payable to Kavya Armaan Raichand
Amount box - EMPTY

This makes Kavya angrier and she clenches her other fist.

Kavya asks, facing Mary, "How could he? How could he assume, I will depend on him for anything after what he has done?"

Mary tries to speak, but Kavya interrupts, "I would rather prefer to die than depend on such a selfish man, who tricked and used me for his benefits."

Kavya glares at the cheque and sits back to complete the agreement, she was drafting. She scribbles the words in anger and signs at the right corner of the page.

Mary thinks, 'Oh dear. Her anger has reached the peak and Armaan is still not in that position to understand anything. God knows, what will happen tonight?'

Kavya folds the letter and asks, "When does he return from office?"

Mary tries to explain, "Dear, is it necessary to-"

Before Mary can complete, a loud car horn grabs their attention.

Mary informs, facing the window, at her right, "It's him."

Kavya raises to her feet, collecting the cash box, envelope and handwritten agreement. Before Mary could stop her, Kavya marches outside the room.

Living Room

Armaan enters the Mansion followed by Rihan, who is biting his nails in nervousness.

Armaan asks with irritation, "I don't understand, why are you here, Rihan?"

Rihan jogs to meet Armaan's steps and stares at him to inform, "I can't take a risk with you and Kavya now. Last time you both were angry, you both had a verbal war. Even today, you both are angry and had an argument in the NGO. So, I don't want, one of you dying, anytime soon."

Armaan rolls his eyes and stops, making Rihan halt at his spot as well.
He asks in irritation, "How exactly is your presence going to help the situation?"

Rihan opens his mouth to speak, but Kavya's voice, grabs their attention, "Mr. Raichand."

They shift their gaze to the staircase, where they find Kavya, descending the steps with Mary following behind.

Rihan thinks after analysing Kavya's expression, 'That's what I was worrying about. Angry Kavya vs Angry Armaan.'

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.7M 72K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
304K 11.7K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
8.2K 965 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
12.6K 454 41
this story tells u about how a unwanted marriage turns into a beautiful romantic CHIRAG RAWAL ...a heartless doctor , i mean he is rude to other but...