Give Me Courage (Give Me Seri...

By JustMe52

France was exactly what Chloe Lahey needed to become the Alpha Hybrid that she is. Her pack grew stronger tha... More

00 -
01 - Questions and Coffee
03 - Axe Murderer
04 - Exercises
05 - Laps
06 - The Bite
07 -Trust
08 - Goodbye
09 - Intervention
10 - Nobody
11 - Monster
12 - Dead Pool
13 - Proud
14 - Homework
15 - Keys
16 - Cookies
17 - Scrimmage
18 - Pancakes
19 - Five Million
20 - Tick Tock
21 - Well, Well, Well
22 - Close Call
23 - Secrets
24 - PSATs
25 - CDC
26 - Pathetic
27 | Blueprints
28 - Ruined
29 - Reishi
30 - Four AM
31 - Idiotic
32 - Dead
33 - Time of Death
34 - Live Feed
35 - Malia
36 - Last Night
37 - Bribe
38 - Bullet
39 - Movie
40 - Beserkers

02 - Coach 2.0

6K 245 152
By JustMe52

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?"

I stretched to the far right, fingers wrapped around the base of my white, Converse high tops. My head snapped up when I heard Stiles' voice somewhere nearby. He was close, definitely somewhere near the lacrosse field, where I was stretching my body out. I continued to stretch while I scanned the small group of people near the bleachers. 

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team." Scott's disembodied voice reached my ears. "He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

I sat up straight before I stretched to the left, copying my actions from a few seconds ago. I brushed off a piece of grass from my yoga pants. Looking under my arm, I was able to spot Scott and Stiles near the walkway of the bleachers that lead back toward the school. 

Stiles had his back to the field with his full attention on Scott. It's not that I wanted to listen in on what they were talking about. I just couldn't help it. My supernatural hearing range was very vast. Some voices stuck out more than others, like Scott and Stiles. 

Aiden and my brother's voices stuck out to me, too. In the house we were renting, I heard their voices over the loud music I was playing in my bedroom. We took the weekend to buy furniture and unpack our luggage. Aiden had quite a bit of money put to the side and that really helped us find a house to rent so quickly. Isaac and I had a little bit of money to our names, just not a whole bunch. 

"-- bigger things to deal with anyway." Stiles stated. His lacrosse duffel bag was hanging from his shoulder. Neither of them had noticed I was on the field yet. "Did you tell Argent yet?" 

"Ah..." Scott grimaced. "I was going to text him, but Chloe said she could call him since I didn't have the money to call France."

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles sighed, sounding defeated. 

"Another one?" 

"Yeah, this one said, 'Final'. Now, what the hell are we doing here anyway? We got, like, a 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

"It is now." 

I stopped stretching to follow their gaze. At the right side of the field, three guys practiced together; one in the goal, two throwing balls. I sat a little straighter, surprised at how the goalie blocked every shot. Even with two people tossing the balls at the goal, he managed to block every single one thrown his way with ease. He didn't even seem tired.

"Who the hell is that?" 

The goalie peeled his helmet off and I recognized him as a freshman. His name was Liam or something. Aiden and Isaac wandered over to where I was sitting on the grass, both of them eyed the fresh meat. 

One of the other guys in a red shirt walked up to his friend. "Nice, Liam. You might just be our first ever freshman captain." 

"I thought Scott was captain?" I asked my brother. 

Isaac nodded to Scott on the side of the field. "Maybe not anymore." He peered down at me. "How pissed do you think he'd be if I got team captain?" 

"On a scale from one to ten?" I asked him, grimacing at the sun nearly blinding me. My brother nodded his head. "Maybe an eight point five." 

I waved my hand in the air for one of them to grab. Aiden grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the ground. I jumped to my feet with a bounce. Grass stuck to my black, yoga pants and I brushed all of it off of me. 

"What are you even doing on the field?" Aiden asked, curiously. "You don't play lacrosse."

I shrugged, "No, but I didn't want to watch you from the bleachers until first period. I figured I would just run some laps or something while you practiced for tryouts after school." 

Isaac gripped his lacrosse stick in his hands tighter. "Might have to knock some guys out if they keep staring at you." He glared at someone over my shoulder.

I craned my neck around and rolled my eyes when I saw a group of juniors watching me do my stretches. "Hey, Greenberg, John, Jake, and Chase!" I yelled their names. 

The group of guys smirked when they saw I caught them. I narrowed my eyes. France changed me a lot as a person. I noticed that I grew a lot more confident, probably due to being such good friends with Aiden. He radiated confidence.

"Why don't you guys dedicate your attention to throwing balls into the goal instead of staring at me?" I questioned, well aware that Isaac and Aiden were glaring at them over my shoulders. 

The guys awkwardly broke away from their group and followed my advice. I turned back to my brother and Aiden. 

"Lahey!" Coach shouted from the side of the field.

Isaac and I sharply turned when we heard our last name. When did Coach get out here? He wasn't out by the field when I came out. He pointed his finger at us, not stating which one of us he wanted. The two of us sighed before we walked over to him on the side of the field. 

"Lahey, what are you doing on the field?" Coach looked at me, pointedly. 

I motioned to myself, surprised. "Uh, me?"

"You're the only Lahey here." 

Isaac and I side glanced at each other. Was he being serious? Did he really forget that we're siblings?  

"Coach, we're twins." Isaac pointed out. 

Coach looked between the two of us with a look of realization. "Oh, right." He waved his hands around in the air. "Well- That doesn't explain what you were doing on the field." 

"I was just going to run some laps while my friends practiced." I told him, still shocked that he forget we were related. It would seem that Coach was a little off, but that wasn't new. 

"Are you trying out for lacrosse after school?" Coach inquired.

I shook my head, "No, definitely not." 

In France, I began to work out every week and got myself into shape. Isaac, Aiden, and myself ran a mile every morning. Being an Alpha hybrid, I felt stronger when I was fit and healthy. That didn't mean I wanted to join the lacrosse team. 

Coach studied me for a second, "I have an offer for you. I'll give you extra credit in my class if you do stretches and exercises with the team for every practice. You'll be in charge of them, consider yourself a Coach two-point-oh."

"I'll be in charge of the team, including the captain?" I started to grin at the idea. 

"Yeah. It's me, you, and then the captain."

"Deal." I exclaimed. 

The idea of being in charge of the lacrosse team, which held four of my friends including Isaac, was too tempting to resist. Coach said he would give me extra credit for his class to go through stretches and exercises during their practices. Anyone who would dismiss this offer would probably be insane. 

"Great. See you at tryouts." Coach said and walked back to the school. 

Aiden bumped his shoulder into mine, when we walked back over to him. He listened to the entire conversation to no surprise. "Since you are on Coach's good side now, make sure you convince him to put me on the team." 

I shook my head, smiling. "We both know that you won't have an issue getting on the team. You don't need my help." I pointed to my brother. "Isacc, on the the other hand." I teased. 

"Oh, funny." Isaac sarcastically laughed. 

I stretched my arms high above my head. "Just wait until actual practice. I'm going to make all of you exhausted after stretches and working out."

"-- wait a second...Uh, please explain to me why Chloe is on the field?" 

Scott's voice broke through our conversation. I craned my neck around, smiling when I saw Scott and Stiles were nearly to the field. From the looks of it, Scott was the one to spot me first. They were too far away to strike up a conversation, but I could see the confused expression on Scott's face. Stiles seemed to be still grumbling about the freshman in the goal.

"What?" Stiles snapped his head around in every direction, until his gaze fell upon me.

They hastily trekked over to our little group, both pair of eyes glued on me. I knew they would be surprised to see me on the field this early, but, now, I had a real reason to be here. They would be shocked to hear of my new job. I was looking forward to being in charge of them. I wondered how many laps I could make them run just for the hell of it. 

Stiles scratched the back of his neck once they approached us. "Uh, Chloe, what-- Are you trying out?" 

"No, definitely not." I chuckled. I smiled at my brother, pleased with my new role for the lacrosse team. Perhaps, I was a little too excited for this. "Coach has made me in charge of all of you," I grinned at Scott. "Including the captain."

"I might not be captain now." Scott mumbled. 

Stiles sliced his hand through the air. "Whoa, wait- What do you mean in charge of us?" His face scrunched together as he tried to take everything in. "Why would you be in charge?"

"Coach wants me to go through the exercises and stretches before every practice with you guys. I get to be in charge of all of you and I get extra credit for it. Why would I turn that down?" I laughed. 

I stepped back inside of the boy's locker room from changing in the girl's. Coach said I could train the guys, but I had to change in the girl's locker room. I understood the reasoning for it, I just hated having to walk back and forth. 

"Hey,  Liam. You want to explain what that was out there?" 

I tilted my head back for a few seconds, instantly understanding what my friends were up to. All throughout tryouts, Scott and Stiles talked about the new freshman that dominated the field. The kid was insanely talented at lacrosse. It was, like, the sport was a second language for him and he spoke every word perfectly.

I rounded the corner until I stopped to stand between Scott and Stiles. The two cornered Liam by his locker. These two couldn't be trusted. 

Liam glanced between the two before he looked at me. "What do you mean?" 

"That little display. Your little circus act." Stiles clarified. 

They believed that Liam was some sort of the supernatural because of how well he played on the field. Honestly, that was the dumbest thing I heard. This kid could just be that good. 

"What circus act?" Liam gave them odd looks. 

"You caught every shot." Stiles pointed out. He waved his hands in the air as if he was waiting for Liam to explain everything.

"I was in goal." 

"Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot got past you."

"Yeah, I was the goalie." Liam responded with a incredulous look. He glance between the three of us. His brow furrowed in confusion. "You guys played this game before?" 

Stiles' face scrunched up in disbelief. He really believed that Liam was somehow supernatural. From a few lockers away, I heard Isaac snicker at this conversation. He was listening to it.

"You're a freshman, right?" I changed the topic before Stiles could embarrass himself anymore. He was sort of freaking Liam out with these ridiculous questions. 

Liam's attention darted to me. "Yeah."

"But you weren't here last semester." Stiles pointed out. 

"I transferred from Devenford Prep." 

That was a school from another town. I remembered the lacrosse team playing against them last year. Isaac always grumbled about them because they thought they were better. 

Scott's eyes narrowed and he turned his head slightly to the side. He looked up at me, like he was focused on listening to something and wondered if I heard it. Was he listening to Liam's heart? 

"You transferred?" Scott asked.

I tuned in to Liam's heartbeats. 

"Yeah," Liam gave the two of us weird looks. He was growing suspicious of us.

I cocked my head to the side when I heard his heart skip a beat. His heart was racing after that question. I narrowed my eyes. "No, you got kicked out, didn't you?" I questioned him. 

Liam raised a brow, surprised I knew that about him. "All right. Look," He moved his arms out in front of him as he grew defensive. "Kicked out or transferred, what do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?"

"No, no," Stiles immediately denied. "We don't need any more good players." 

I eyed him, "Isaac and Aiden tried out, but the team could still use some good players." 

"Are you saying I'm not good?" Stiles angled his head toward me. His eyes narrowed and a hint of a smile played on his lips. 

"That is not what I said at all. Your name didn't even leave my mouth." I replied. I smirked as I said, "But if the shoe fits, don't blame me."

Scott laughed, earning a glare from Stiles. He knew I was joking. I missed being around them when I was in France. I agreed to put everything in the past that happened between Scott and I. I didn't want our friendship to be ruined. He was a great boyfriend in the beginning, but things got...rough at the end. 

Stiles snapped his head back to Liam, remembering the reason why they came over there. "Okay, how'd you get this good?" He pointed a finger at the freshman. "Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night?"

"Oh, my God." I mumbled under my breath, shocked that Stiles was taking this conversation that far. With a peek over my shoulder, I saw Isaac and Aiden laughing to themselves. They were clearly enjoying the show. 

"Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods during the night of a full--"

I smacked his arm. "Stiles!" 

His eyes widened and gestured to the freshman with his hands. I simply shook my head. That was way too far. If this kid wasn't part of the supernatural then we didn't need to be the ones to tell him about it. 

"Look, I learned from my stepfather, alright? He made team captain when he was a sophomore, like you." Liam bobbed his head in Scott's direction. He grabbed his jacket from the hook and his duffel bag behind him at his locker. A smirk slid across his face as he peered at Stiles. "And, yeah, guess I'm just that good."

I pressed my lips together to keep myself from laughing. Liam walked off without another word. I held my hand in front of my mouth, quietly giggling. 

"He wasn't lying that time." Scott said. 

XXXX

I've been working on this chapter all day. I finished writing it the first time a lot earlier today, but then I started to rewrite it and add more to it. I have finally finished this chapter and it is now updated. 

Chloe will be in charge of going through the stretches and exercises with the lacrosse team. That's going to be loads of fun to write about. I already have a certain scene planned out in my mind.

I know this chapter wasn't a whole lot, but I still needed to write it. I'm excited for the next chapters. You'll learn why soon.

Question: What do you think about Chloe working with the lacrosse team?

So, yeah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 678 14
After Gerard vanished into thin air, and Allison began learning her families traditions. There's a new threat in Beacon Hills, something that will no...
357K 7.7K 28
**COMPLETED** Kayla Edwards was the popular one, the beautiful, independent, and genius of Beacon Hills High School. After a horrible party that has...
56.2K 1.7K 17
After the Nogitsune, everything is going back to normal or as normal as it can get when your friend is missing, have to go to Mexico to find him, get...
269K 6.4K 26
(Set after season 3a) Y/N Stilinski was Stiles' older sister. You were taken from your family when you were 16, but now you have returned to Beacon...