The Seizures that Overcome my...

De MrSiriusBlack1959

#1 in disability!!! Finished but editing to make it not suck :) Hayden is a junior in high school. He is new... Mai multe

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12-David's POV
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15-David's POV
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21

Part 1

15.3K 335 118
De MrSiriusBlack1959

"Mum, do I really have to go? I mean, what's so wrong with homeschooling?" I was busy packing for the excruciating drive over to my new school in the morning. It was a boarding school, so I would not be returning home and instead, be living in a dorm with a complete stranger.

"We've been over this a million times, Hayden. It's the reason we came to America," Mum protested.

"No, the reason we came here is because of Dad and you. Not me."

Mum shook her head in dismay. "That's not true." 

I rolled my eyes, replying quickly, "Keep telling yourself that."

And with that, I walked straight out of my room right past my frustrated mother. My service dog, Sean, followed close. He's a German Shepard mix with an unknown breed. He's always been by my side, literally.

As we walked down the hallway I could hear the undeniable sound of little girls' laughter.

"What's so funny?" I whipped my head around the corner.

The youngest, Patty, who was only 3 years old, pointed and replied, "Ginnifer!"

Ginnifer was a retired service cat. She's not very old, only 6 years, and is very gentle with the 3 young girls. They LOVE playing with her. Ginnifer, however, did not look so pleased.

"Oh, girls! What are you doing to her?"

Ginnifer was just standing on the bed, covered in blue and gold glitter, pink clothes, and a pound of makeup smeared all over her. 

"Makeover!" The middle girl replied. She was 5 and her name was Eve. (Evelyne really but she did not like that). 

I quickly walked over to the poor cat and rescued her from the 3 girls' torture. 

"Awwww," The 2 youngest girls said in unison while sporting such sad faces. 

Asa, the oldest of the girls (7 years old) said, "That's ok... we have a new customer!"

"Oh no no no, you are not messing with Sean," I quickly said. "He has to stay by my side. You know that."

"Not Sean, you silly-willie. You!" 

Suddenly, I saw my life flash before my eyes as 3 monster girls came bounding towards me. I stood there, motionless, ready for my life to be over. 

Goodbye world! Goodbye life! Goodbye hopes and dreams...

"Girls! Get ready for dinner! 10 minutes!" Mum exclaimed from the kitchen.

"Awwwww," the girls said in unison, once again severely disappointed.

"Girls!" Mum sternly said once more.

Yelling, Asa replied, "Coming, Mother!" All 3 girls giggled as they exited the room.

Just before Asa exited the room she whispered all sneakily, "This isn't over Hayden!"

They went to the washroom, giggling, to get all cleaned up. After that, the trio rushed down the stairs to the dining room.

"Saved by the bell, Sean. That could have been disastrous." I said while patting my only friend on the head.

Sean gave a little dog-smile with a crooked head before going down for dinner.

Meow Meow Meow

"Ok Ginnifer, here's your food." Asa placed the green bowl full of wet cat food down on the mat for Ginnifer.

"You fed the cat, Asa?"

"Yeah," she replied before taking her seat at the table next to my place.

"Here you go bud." I placed Sean's food next to Ginnifer's as the family sat down to eat.

The rectangular table was placed and every seat was taken, all except one at the head. Each place setting was identical, fitted with a plate, bowl, and cutlery. The only different one was mine, which was accompanied by bottles of medicine.

"Where's Dada?" Patty queried to our mum.

"Late work, again," she said sighing with a small smile.

This, of course, was a lie. Ever since I was diagnosed with epilepsy at age 7, my father has been in denial. He knows it's true but tries to not think about it. His way of doing this was to avoid me and get drunk. Hence the dinner absence. Hence the boarding school. 

"Dear Heavenly Father, we thank You for our food we are about to receive and for bringing us such great fortune in this new land..." 

I feel funny...

"We thank You for blessing us with our new home and jobs..."

I've felt like this before. No, dear God, no... 

Suddenly sounds faded and I was found staring at the salt shaker on the table. I was unaware of the prayer that was being said by mother, or the slight whimpering coming from Sean who was at my feet.

"We thank You for bringing us good health and wish you keep Hayden healthy and safe in his new school. Amen."

"Amen," from the girls. I, however, did not speak a word, nor did I lower my hands to start eating. I just kept my eyes locked on the shaker.

"Hayden... Hayyyden..." Mother kept calling my name. Asa, who was next to me, gently shook my arm. 

"Hmm? What?" I looked around to find my family staring at me. "Oh! uh, Amen!" and continued by placing my napkin on my lap, trying to brush over the fact that I just had an absence seizure. 

Absence seizures are not very well known. They look like nothing: no shaking, no passing out, not anything. Even still, they happen the most often. I can't get through a single day without at least 5 absences.

"Hunny, have you taken your meds yet?"

"No," I said with a bite in my voice. "I'm going to take them right now."

"Well, why did you wait?" Mum smiled.

"Because!" I felt anger start to build up, "If I take them before the prayer, then you get angry and say that I need to wait. And I can't very well take them during the prayer, right? So, I wait until after!"

"Hunny..." but I cut her off.

"Can we just let it go? It wasn't a harsh one. Let's just... eat." I took my meds and with that, my sisters started eating. Reluctantly, mother started too.

********************

I was pissed off! I was in my room 'packing' for what would come the following day.

"Fucking mum. Fucking dad. Fucking piece of shit world." I ranted as I threw clothes in a suitcase.

*Knock*

"Hunny..." Mother spoke like an angel. "May I come in?"

"You own the place."

Mum walked in slowly.

"Have a seat. I want to talk to you." I moved my case and we sat on my bed. 

"Listen," oh no, another mother-son talk, "your father and I love you a whole lot, and I know it's been tough. It's been tough for all of us... but I know especially for you, with the move... and all."

That 'and all' was the most important part. 2 simple words held so much value.

"I understand that with her not here..."

I cut her off. "What's your point mum?"

*sigh* "My point is is that I don't want you to be..."

"Depressed? Like, you know, one of the side effects of the meds? Or maybe it's a side effect of practically being thrown out by your parents who can't bear to look at you."

"You know what I mean."

"Do I? Because it sounds like you're trying to have a motivational speech, but failing at it." I offered her a small smile, "Like always."

She smiled back. "I just worry about you sometimes."

I raised an eyebrow. "Sometimes?"

"I love you, Hayden," she said giving a small peck on my forehead.

"I love you too, Mum."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.5K 37 8
(Luca's) *On hold* Tyler has Epileptic Seizures, and has to have a young German Shepard service dog with him at all times. Darin has always stood in...
262K 10.6K 15
Being deaf is not nice,its not normal .Being deaf and in love is just ridiculous, being in love and know that someone won't love a deaf person is jus...
Being Wrong | ✓ De Potatoe

Ficțiune adolescenți

929K 45.5K 29
When Charlie gets away from his drug dealing father and is sent to live with his grandparents, things aren't suddenly okay. Charlie's broken. He's no...
15.7K 1.1K 26
Evan isn't keen on the idea of switching schools in his last year of high school, until uncovering his classmate's secret gives him a reason to stick...