Undertale Short Stories

By WholeLotOfDeku

Writing short stories for the game Undertale and the different AU's, including my own three, Underrise, Parti... More

Brother (GZtale AU)
Value Of Life (Aftertale AU)

Looks Don't Matter (Underrise AU)

584 8 0
By WholeLotOfDeku

Looks Don't Matter

Silence spread throughout Snowdin, the wind nothing more than a soft breeze of cold air. Snow layered Snowdin like a sheet of white paper. There wasn't one spot in Snowdin not covered in snow. Everything lay quiet for a moment more before the squeaking of a door opening then closing sounded along with the crushing of monsters stepping into the snowy world. Two skeletons, one darker colored skeleton and the other the typical white walked beside each other, they held hands and their faces were lit up with happiness. The darker skeleton wore mostly white with a dark gray shirt and a black pen along his back while the other wore a black sweatshirt with darker black floof around the sides and back of his neck. He wore a bright red necklace with an orange-amber center, he had light blue eye markings dropping down to his cheeks. The two smiled brightly as they walked towards Waterfall. The darker skeleton turned his head slightly to the white skeleton.

"Hey, Sanzter, do you like your AU?"

He asked as Sanzter turned to him, his smile still present.

*of course doodle!

Sanzter said but Doodle's face darkened with worry.

"No, what I meant was what do you like about your AU?"

Sanzter tilted his head at Doodle before his smile disappeared and he looked up, thinking.

*well, i like that my au doesn't have to deal with a frisk or chara, at the moment at least. i guess i also like that it's a bit peaceful, more than the original, and i like that you're here with me!

Sanzter smiled as he blushed a bit, Doodle flinched before smiling too, they continued to walk as he leaned to Sanzter and gave him a kiss upon his cheek. Sanzter chuckled and blushed more before bringing Doodle closer and giving him a kiss in return upon Doodle's cheek, he winked at Doodle.

*don't think ya can win that easily.

A few moments later and they arrived at Waterfall, they still held hands together as they watched the waterfall.

"It's so nice!"

Doodle said as he took in the look of Waterfall, Sanzter turned to Doodle.

*not as nice as ya, doodle.

Doodle turned to Sanzter with a surprised face, he blushed rainbow as he giggled. Then, Sanzter pulled Doodle closer to him into a hug before he put his teeth to Doodle's, the darker skeleton returned the kiss as they both enjoyed this moment. After a bit, Sanzter broke away as he put his forehead to Doodle.

*you've made my life much better, doodle. thank ya.

Sanzter told him as Doodle smiled.

"I could say the same thing."

Suddenly, bones flew at the two, they came from behind Sanzter and Doodle had seen them. Doodle's eyes widened, causing Sanzter to tilt his head in confusion before Doodle grabbed Sanzter tightly and threw them to the ground, dodging the bones. Sanzter and Doodle hit the ground but Sanzter recognized the bones and the energy he felt from them as they flew past them, he got to his feet quickly and whipped around to see his little brother, Papyrus. Sanzter clenched his teeth, instantly summoning up his blue bone as his white eyes flashed sharp light blue and his eye markings and necklace shard glowed brightly.

*of all the places and times to show your face, bro.

Sanzter growled with a smirk across his face. Papyrus stepped out from the shadows as his own eye markings and eyes glowed amber-orange, a wide grin across his face as he held two orange bones within his hands. Doodle stood beside Sanzter, his pen drawn as his rainbow eyes glowed as well. He opened up a compartment in his pen where multiple pens levitated out, they each had a different color to them as Sanzter and Doodle prepared for battle.

"Tisk, tisk, tisk. Well, it appears I've found the lazy weakling and his troublesome friend. Isn't that just some coincidence."

Papyrus mocked as he tapped one of his bones on the ground. Sanzter felt sweat trickle down his head. He knew he couldn't defeat his little brother. Two hits on him could easily kill him. But, maybe he could at least drive him away with Doodle's help! Sanzter snorted. Papyrus then launched himself forward at Sanzter and Doodle with his weapons drawn. He summoned more bones and Gaster Blasters as he let out a crazed laughter. Sanzter and Doodle jumped in opposite directions, avoiding Papyrus' direct attack but he commanded his bones and Gaster Blasters to follow them. Papyrus had encountered Doodle once or twice and knew what he was capable of, so he was careful not to let down his guard with him, but his older brother was nothing to him. He knew Sanzter's ATK stat was only 1 and he could barely do a good amount of damage onto him. Sanzter teleported out of the way of his brother's attacks as he deflected some, Doodle did the same. Sanzter then teleported once more out of the way of a Gaster Blaster but the second he reappears, a bone strikes him from behind, causing his HP to drop and him to fall to the ground. 1/20 HP. Sanzter hit the ground with a loud thud, causing Doodle to whip around to him and teleport to his side.

"Sanzter!"

Doodle shook Sanzter as blood flowed from his wound, the bone still struck within him as he trembled, he coughed blood as he struggled to get up. Papyrus grinned, he summoned more bones as he laughed darkly. Doodle tried to nudge Sanzter to get up, he tried to but collapsed once more every time. Papyrus pointed his finger at Sanzter as the bones flew at Sanzter fast, aiming to land the killing blow. Sanzter looked up and saw them, he shut his eyes and looked away, knowing he was going to die here. But as he waited, he felt something liquid hit his face as the sound of the bones striking made him flinch. Sanzter opened his eyes and looked up, his eyes widened as his SOUL dropped like a rock. Doodle stood in front of him, his hands thrown out to the sides as bones pierced through his body, his blood dripped onto Sanzter's face.

*no! doodle!

Sanzter let out a cry, tears streaming from his eyes as Doodle fell, Sanzter forced himself to move as he managed to catch Doodle in his arms before he hit the ground. Sanzter looked for any sign of Doodle being fine, but nothing was. Bones had struck his rib cage. Blood came down from the darker skeleton's mouth as Sanzter shook him, praying that he would awake. Papyrus snorted before he teleported away, his energy gone. Sanzter cried harder as Doodle lay still in his arms, but then, he weakly opened up his eyes, he let out a cough.

"Sanzter?...."

Doodle said as Sanzter smiled and nuzzled him.

*ya had me scared to death, doodle!

Sanzter said as Doodle smiled and chuckled weakly, he put his hand to Sanzter's cheek as he spoke softly.

"I love you, Sanzter...."

Sanzter leaned his head to Doodle's hand but the moment after he did so, Doodle turned to dust within his arms. His eyes widened in fear, he started trembling as he just looked at his dust.

*n-no.....no......no!

Sanzter cried as he shook more than ever, his white eyes mere dots in his sockets as he was speechless, unable to talk or even think. Suddenly, Sanzter put his hands to his head, a high-pitched ringing sound entered his head and although it wasn't there in the real world, it rung loudly in his mind. Sanzter fell onto his side as he gripped his head in pain, the ringing was causing him to be driven insane. He let out an agonizing screech as he grinds his teeth together. As he manages to put his knees against the ground, he buried his head into the ground as he continued to scream in agony. Sanzter's jaws parted to let out another screech as his teeth grew sharper and longer as his fingers turned to claws. He dug his claws into his skull as he felt more tears stream from his eyes. That was when Doodle's SOUL appeared above his dust and switched in a mix of colors before it turned completely green, but an orange part of the SOUL separated itself from the green SOUL. Sanzter felt the energy of another being near him, almost right beside him, but he couldn't see or hear who it was and he didn't recognize the energy. It turned out to be Papyrus, Doodle's brother. The taller dark skeleton gazed worriedly at Sanzter for a moment before he frowned and turned back into SOUL form and returned to the green SOUL which started to shake once Papyrus returned. The SOUL then hovered back down to the pile of dust and fused itself with it, giving life back to its owner. Doodle formed as he was no longer black and white, but rather green. Sanzter continued as Doodle lifted his head weakly. He saw Sanzter in pain and tried to reach out to him, his hand trembling as he felt heavy.

"S-Sanzter......"

Doodle spoke softly but Sanzter couldn't hear him, he continued digging his claws into his head as his knees slipped here and there but they only dug into the earth more. Doodle summoned up the power of DETERMINATION and managed to pull enough energy to crawl his way to Sanzter, he put his hand to Sanzter's shoulder. But instead of calming and relaxing at Doodle's presence, Sanzter smacked Doodle's hand away as he arched his back sharply. Doodle flinched at the sudden reaction but as Sanzter let out more cries which were filled with more agony, his cries no longer became normal cries, but roars. Sanzter's spine suddenly burst from his back, his head became narrow and he now had a snout. A tail whipped behind him and his legs bent differently as his fingers became large claws, one claw being the size of his regular hand. His blue shirt ripped as his rib cage was exposed, though his sweatshirt and shorts remained. Doodle watched his transformation as he had froze. Sanzter let out a roar as he threw his head up.

*RAH!!!

Sanzter then collapsed as the ringing in his head stopped and his hearing came back, but his body had changed. Sanzter lay on the ground, his body seemed mangled as he panted, trying to catch his breath. Doodle snapped out of it and crawled over to Sanzter, managing to lift his head to his own.

"S-Sanzter? Are you awake?"

Doodle asked softly as he waited, fear pulsed through him but it disappeared to happiness once he saw Sanzter's eyes lift softly as he awoke.

*d-doodle? what h-happened?....

Sanzter asked as he gazed at Doodle who only cried and hugged him. He didn't realize that he had changed as he hugged Doodle back. Doodle explained what he happened after he came back and Sanzter was paralyzed with fear. Sanzter looked at his massive claws and himself as he trembled, his eyes wide.

"But hey, you still—"

Sanzter let out a roar as he slammed his claws to his face, lowering his head to avoid Doodle's eyes.

*i'm a monster!

Sanzter said as he shut his eyes, tears rolling down his face.

*i'm a monster....

Sanzter said as he cried, he began to think the worst. He began to think, what if Doodle didn't love him anymore since he looked like this? What if he rejected him and would turn up like his little brother? Hateful and disgusted. What if, what if Doodle tried to kill him? Sanzter's mind was fueled by these thoughts as he gripped his head and muzzle. Then, the soft hand of Doodle made him flinch and open his eyes.

"No, you're not, Sanzter. You're nothing close to a monster."

Sanzter gazed at him, struck by his words as tears continued rolling down his cheeks. After a bit, Doodle put both of his hands to the sides of Sanzter's face, he smiled and put his nose to Sanzter's.

"You're my love, Sanzter."

Doodle said softly. Sanzter smiled happily, joy filling his SOUL as he cried more and nuzzled Doodle. He was so afraid Doodle would reject him, and now that he's found out that that was wrong, he felt so happy that Doodle accepted him, even if he looked like this.

*b-but doodle! i look like a monster! a freak.... how can ya love me if i look like this?.....

Sanzter said, looking away with his eyes but held his head in the same place. Doodle pat Sanzter's cheek roughly once, as if he slapped him but gently. Sanzter turned his gaze back to Doodle.

"Sanzter, don't say that. You are not a monster and you will never be. Looks don't matter."

Doodle said as Sanzter smiled and blushed, he still couldn't believe that anyone would still love him after looking like a beast. Sanzter let out a low rumble in his throat as if a purr as he wrapped his claws around Doodle and hugged him, wrapping his tail around him as Doodle returned the hug.

*i love ya, doodle.

Sanzter told Doodle as he smiled.

"I love you too, Sanzter."

Sanzter wished he had met Doodle long ago, back when he was younger and when he made a stupid deal to train with Undyne. If he had met Doodle, he was sure that the results between his brother would have changed. Sanzter pushed it away though, without the RESET ability, there was no way of going back. Sanzter just cherished this moment as he curved his mouth into a happy smile.

*i'm glad that we found each other, doodle.....

UNDERTALE (c) Toby Fox

Art, Doodle, DT!Papyrus, DOODLETALE (c) BrassWarrior (DeviantArt)

Story, Sanzter, Gaster Blaster Sanzter, UR!Papyrus, UNDERRISE (c) Me

Visit me on DeviantArt! Ask-Bluestar14

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 14.2K 92
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
1.7M 99.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.5M 26.4K 55
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
86.8K 2.9K 27
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...