Valencia

By Emna_BH

[currently being edited and re-written] She went away to heal her scars, but instead, she came back with new... More

Dedication
The beginning
C h a p t e r 1: Coming back home
C h a p t e r 2: Surprise!
C h a p t e r 3: A cigar
C h a p t e r 4: I despise you
C h a p t e r 5: I lov-
C h a p t e r 6: Her file is protected.
C h a p t e r 7: A cellular
C h a p t e r 8: A paper
C h a p t e r 9: Don't tell Zack
C h a p t e r 10: The beach
C h a p t e r 11: The mission
C h a p t e r 12: Don't hurt her
C h a p t e r 13: You're the reason
C h a p t e r 14: Drained of all colour
C h a p t e r 15: A murder V
C h a p t e r 16: Innocent murderer
C h a p t e r 17: He was a good man
C h a p t e r 18:unhealed
C h a p t e r 19: Pain Facing Sorrow
C h a p t e r 20: What's that?
C h a p t e r 21: Owned2L
C h a p t e r 22: A musical day
Not A Chapter BUT
C h a p t e r 24: Like the bird
C h a p t e r 25: Smile
C h a p t e r 26: Poor Girl.
C h a p t e r 27: Envelope
C h a p t e r 28: Bad News
C h a p t e r 29: Familiar
C h a p t e r 30: I Deserve To Know
C h a p t e r 31: Her Decisions
C h a p t e r 32: One Sheep
C h a p t e r 33: Priorities
C h a p t e r 34: The Court
C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii
C h a p t e r 36:Man Down
C h a p t e r 37: Agony
C h a p t e r38: The Crown
C h a p t e r 39: Thorn
C h a p t e r 40: Innocence
C h a p t e r 41: No Escape
C ha p t e r 42: Tears
C h a p t e r 43: Never Forget
C h a p t e r 44: Washing Sins
C h a p t e r 45: Remember.
C h a p t e r 46: Him.
C h a p t e r 47: It's Been A Long Time
C h a p t e r 48: Who Are You?
C h a p t e r 49: Revealing
C h a p t e r 50: The Beginning Of The End
C h a p t e r 51: Forgotten Memories
C h a p t e r 52: Forever
ACKNOWLEDGMENT

C h a p t e r 23:What The Hell Is This?

109 10 12
By Emna_BH

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 23: What The Hell Is This?

The rest of the day passed smoothly, Declan went home without getting noticed by Zack who was busy in his own thoughts.

Same happened with Zack's friends. And that's because neither Valencia nor Zack has left their rooms.

The next morning, Zack went to Valencia's room to wake her up. He has a really important thing to tell her.

He advanced to her bed and sit on the edge.

You look so peaceful when you're asleep sister.

He smiles remembering them as children, with no problems and no complications.

"Val... wake up." He whispered while shaking her body gently.

She opened her eyes slowly and muttered under her breath before closing her eyes again and relaxing her body:" Let me sleep... just a few other minutes."

"No... We're going to meet your lawyer." Zack informed her and she jumped out of bed. It wasn't meant to be like this. She was supposed to make him meet the lawyer after Thomas helps her choosing the right one. This is so wrong and out of nowhere.

She didn't say a word and pushed Zack outside her room so she can prepare herself. It didn't take her a lot, but she was so annoyed from the acne that appeared on her face.

I'll text Thomas about it... he'll know what to do.

She dragged herself, more annoyed, to the closet to search for the other sock. I really need to clean my room. I don't know it got messy in few days.

She walked down to her brother who was standing, facing the door, waiting for her.

She noticed how serious he has become. He's so into it and it made her feel some guilty because it was practically her fault that they don't have a normal siblings relationship. She just prayed that he won't get too curious about it.

Curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought her back. That's what they say, but in the way of being brought back, a person can lose a lot of things.

"Let's go." That's all that she said before beating him in getting outside and in the car.

"You know Valencia... A broken soul walking in darkness will never know whether it'll get fixed or shattered in the way." The girl said, looking at the closed door.

Valencia didn't understand, she kept looking at her, and then she just sighed and whispered:" And what the hell does it mean? Your poetic self won't help us get out."

The girl just smiled, knowing that when the right moment comes, there'll be enough light to make the road less dark.

But she didn't know that to light something, another thing has to be burnt, sacrificed.

"It's a good lawyer I've heard of. They said he won most of his cases and that he adores hard ones. He'll be perfect. He just moved here and people can't stop talking about him already. "

He'll be perfect... but would he save me? Would he even accept my case? I hope Thomas checked my message.

She just nodded her head and looked at her brother who's focusing on the road. He sensed her gaze so he faced her for few seconds and smiled at her.

"It'll be okay little sister. We'll work this out together."

He returned to look at the road. "If you're in the mood we can go pass and have some hot chocolate later."

Valencia felt a little bit excited. She didn't have time to have simple things and go to usual places.

She let a childish grin and muttered:" That would be so cool."

She wanted to have time with her brother outside the tensed environment and problems.

They were already there. They saw the tall, immense building. It looks really beautiful.

Valencia walked down, followed by Zack. Her hands were already sweating and her breath was getting less organised by every step she took towards the building.

Am I supposed to tell this lawyer everything that happened to me? But how...

Zack held her hand, pressing them tighter. He was nervous too.

Swallow the pain... swallow the pain... maybe eventually it'll go away.

Those were Valencia's thoughts as she was used.

Swallow harder... swallow harder the pain... absorb it... don't let it show... and it will go away.

Easier said than done.

Entering the building, she took few steps back while Zack went to talk to the secretary.

She kept turning in small circles, getting lost while looking at the floor, feeling lightheaded.

Nice floor...

I need to calm down...

"Val... let's get going. We have to take the elevator."

She hurried her steps to get to him.

Before the elevator's door close, another guy got in. He was lowering his head so none of them saw him. He stood still not even moving.

Valencia didn't pay attention, she stood there next to her brother swimming in her own anxiety.

It didn't take them a lot to get to the tenth floor.

The guy got out faster than any of them and disappeared.

"It's time. He's already waiting for you." Zack informed her and held her hand again before walking to the lawyer's office.

Oddly, there was only the secretary and no other person.

Before even saluting them she spoke in a calm tone:" You must be the Davids. Mr.Hans is waiting for you."

Stress ate Valencia alive. She advanced shaking to the door with Zack but the secretary added:" Please sir, she has to meet him alone. Mr.Hans is very severe when it comes to his clients' privacy."

Panic filled the space, mostly coming from Valencia. She had a lot of scenarios playing in her mind.

What if this is a trap? But in all ways Zack shouldn't come in.

"It's okay Val. I'll be waiting here."

No, please go...

She looked terrified. She took one last glance at her brother to take from him some courage and she opened the door.

Oh my fucking god.

Those fucking shits.

She stood in front of the two males with a confused look, yet she was boiling with anger.

"What the hell is this?" She pronounced between her teeth.

The older one smiled at her. He looked in his late thirties. He wore a black professional suit and he looked well organised.

The other one was younger. She realised that he was the one that took the elevator with her. His clothes were different. He looked so serious.

Valencia laughed nervously before almost yelling:" What the hell is this?"

Both of them looked amused but she was far away from being amused.

"Drake! Thomas, what the hell is this?"

***
Hi guys! Thanks for the 6.4k ♥

Please guys don't forget to comment and vote. Your feedback means a lot to me.

And I got in the BTCR2017 ( Break the cliché contest), you can also participate as readers and win wonderful rewards.

Visit BreakTheCliches for more informations.

Enjoy the song and see you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 762 57
[Featured on Wattpad Picks 2018 - Undiscovered, For Now] A clean & wholesome romance riddled with mystery (without crime)... In the midst of recoveri...
Poisonous By Sierra Cash

General Fiction

59 3 24
Nikki Masters...a beautiful and diligent woman. Stuck living out her father's dream. But when tragedy strikes her family, everything is spun into cha...
447 197 54
Jaxon; It had been a year since I had last seen Sofia, Ezmaya had changed and grown so much. After finding out her mom wasn't really dead I was pani...
39.2K 3.4K 41
After being abducted at the age of 3 and held for 6 years by a man she considered family, Mercedes life changed forever. Now at the age of 23, she'd...