Guardian Angel

Oleh Annannette

Melody has a head full of dreams and a heart full of wishes. But no matter how hard she tries none of those d... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Melody
Chapter 2 - Daniel
Chapter 3 - Melody
Chapter 4 - Daniel
Chapter 5 - Melody
Chapter 6 - Daniel
Chapter 7 - Melody
Chapter 8 - Daniel
Chapter 9 - Melody
Chapter 10 - Daniel
Chapter 11 - Melody
Chapter 12 - Daniel
Chapter 13 - Melody
Chapter 14 - Daniel
Chapter 15 - Melody
Chapter 16 - Daniel
Chapter 17 - Melody
Chapter 18 - Daniel
Chapter 19 - Melody
Chapter 20 - Daniel
Chapter 21 - Melody
Chapter 22 - Daniel
Chapter 23 - Melody
Chapter 24 - Daniel
Chapter 25 - Melody
Chapter 26 - Daniel
Chapter 27 - Melody
Chapter 28 - Daniel
Chapter 30 - Daniel
Chapter 31 - Melody
Chapter 32 - Daniel
Chapter 33 - Melody
Epilogue - Daniel

Chapter 29 - Melody

10 2 2
Oleh Annannette

"Crew, prepare for landing."

Melody had her nose almost pressed to the window. She had never been in England before.

Her parents had never really liked flying and they had thought that visiting England was too complicated by car.

"We're almost there." Max grabbed Melody's hand and squeezed it gently. He wasn't fully used to not being her boyfriend yet and Melody had stopped reminding him after he had pouted a few times too many at the airport.

Instead Melody nodded while she gazed at the landscape under her. At first she had only been able to see the green meadows, but now she could also see the small villages and houses.

"You did book a car too, right?" Max squeezed Melody's hand once more and Melody turned her face towards him.

"Yes, I booked a car too and two rooms in a hostel." She curled her lips up into a smile while she pulled her hand back. "I wonder where Daniel is right now..." She turned her face away from her former boyfriend and saw how they were now only a few inches above the ground.

"I guess he's somewhere on your lap. I mean, there isn't really much room in this thing." Max grinned, even though the smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Don't you wonder sometimes what your guardian angel looks like?" Melody stared at Max again and Max shrugged his shoulders.

The wheels of the plane touched the ground and around them a few people started applauding.

"Don't you want to know whether it's a man or a woman?" Melody felt a slight pain in her left ear and she swallowed a few times.

"Maybe I don't have one." Max whispered as if he was afraid that the people around them would hear them and would question their sanity. "If everyone in this plane has a guardian angel it would be kinda crowded."

"Maybe it is." Melody smiled again. Even though the thought that Daniel had been watching her all the time, had seen her at her worst, had seen her crying and totally broken, scared her, she also liked the thought of all those people she cared about having someone to protect them.

"Don't you think we'd notice?" Max frowned his eyebrows. "I mean, I get that he can walk through walls and such. I mean, he can't always wait until you hold doors open for him, but it's kinda weird that he can be there whenever he wants and then disappears into nowhere."

"You know that he hears everything we say about him, don't you?" Melody bit her lip and she felt her cheeks blushing.

"Please, keep your seatbelt on until we're standing still."

"Yeah, I know." Max leaned back in his chair and he took a few deep breaths. "I don't really wanna think about my guardian angel, okay?" He swallowed. "It's not like it will be some kinda hot girl who all of a sudden realises that she's in love with me or something."

"If she is, this might be the perfect time to tell you about it." Melody smiled once more, but Max didn't smile back. "We're already going to Stonehenge anyway. It doesn't really matter whether we perform one or two rituals."

"Melody..." Max shook his head. "We're here for Daniel and you and I'm not all of a sudden gonna meet the love of my life. I actually still think you were the love of my life." He unclasped his seatbelt and stood up from his chair.

"Max?" Melody allowed Max to help her to stand up after the one hour flight to Southampton.

Max had asked her at least ten times if she wanted to pay for some extra room so she could stretch her legs, but just as often Melody had refused.

Right now she was paying the price for that. Her ankle was hurting and she needed to take a few breaths before she was ready to take the few steps to the walkway.

"Yes?" Max opened the luggage room above their heads and made sure to grab her crutch before he took their backpacks.

"I know that Daniel and I asked something we shouldn't have asked." Melody whispered and she bent her head to the ground.

The tapestry had not been cleaned for at least a few days and she could barely avoid a piece of chewing gum.

"I do not believe that I was your one true love and your only hope for a happy ending. You will get your happy ending somehow. It's just not me."

"Yeah, we'll see about that. Let's worry about your happy ending first." Max wrapped an arm around Melody's waist and he nodded thankfully when the stewardess placed the wheelchair in front of the plane. Melody had tried to convince Max that she didn't need the wheelchair, but Max had refused to give in. He would happily travel to England with her, but only if she would take the wheelchair with her.

Even though she still hated him for it, she was also thankful that she didn't have to walk the entire way to the luggage drop off. She had found out this morning that it wasn't an exception to let travellers walk a few miles on airports.

"Do you know when Daniel is gonna show up?" Max leaned on the handlebars and waited until Melody sat down before he started pushing.

"He can't show himself in any crowded area's." Melody sighed. "He can't take the risk of someone noticing that a guy is appearing out of nowhere." She shrugged her shoulders and she folded her hands in her lap. "Maybe he'll show up once we're in the car with just the two of us."

"I'm sure he'll do just that, yeah." Max sighed and he didn't say anything anymore until they reached the luggage belt. "Do you know where to pick up the car?" He eventually sat down on a seat next to her wheelchair and Melody nodded.

"There would be signs in the arriving hall." She stared at the belt as if she could make it start moving with her eyes. Every minute that passed without something happening felt like an hour to her.

"What kinda car would they get us?" Max was the only one with a driver's license and Melody shrugged her shoulders.

Even if she had been able to drive, she wouldn't have dared to do so. "I told them that I would be traveling with a wheelchair, so I assume the car will be slightly bigger than the average rental car."

"I hope they didn't ask you for extra money for that?" He cocked his head, but he stood up again when the belt finally started moving. "You can't really help it that you have to travel with a wheelchair and that they usually only give people like us a tiny car."

"Max, it doesn't matter how much this trip costs me." Melody had to admit that she had not even checked if the rental service had charged extra money for her wheelchair request. She had not even taken the time to find the cheapest flights. She had just wanted to go to Stonehenge as fast as possible. She would worry about the rest when she would be back home with Daniel by her side.

"I know you don't care, but I do." Max stood on the tips of his toes, but the first few suitcases on the belt weren't theirs. "I'm here to keep an eye on you and to make sure everything will be fine. That also means thinking about things like that." He stretched out his neck and eventually he saw their luggage. He shifted his weight from one leg to the other while more seconds passed and eventually he placed the two suitcases on Melody's lap.

"My bank account is more than fine. I can handle it, I promise." Melody sighed and she wrapped her arms around the weight she was carrying.

"Well, you know what they say." Max paused for a short moment before he pushed her towards the exit. "Loves makes blind, deaf and stupid." He laughed out loud and Melody couldn't help laughing along with him.

"Are you talking about me now? Or are you actually talking about you being stupid enough to accompany me on this trip?"

"A little bit of both, I guess." Max sighed while he stood still in front of the signs. "Which one do we need?"

"If you give me my backpack I can check for you." Melody cocked her head and she waited until Max placed her backpack on top of the luggage on her knees. Her hands trembled a little while she took out the folder with all her papers and reservations for this trip. "This one." She pointed at a small logo and Max leaned over her shoulder to have a better look at it.

"To the left it is then." He pushed the wheelchair to the left and tried to find a way through the crowd.

Surprisingly enough people seemed to step aside as soon as they noticed that the handsome looking boy was pushing a young girl in a wheelchair.

"I think it's over there." Melody pointed at an orange sign in front of them and Max nodded.  

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.8K 398 18
In the shadowed realm of his immortal existence as a vampire, Gabriel discovers an unexpected glimmer of hope in Anastasia. Tortured by centuries of...
37.4K 1.7K 24
(Warnings: Mild language, violence, death, intense themes) Y/N has not lived a particularly easy life. As she's driven to the edge, (both figurativel...
254 0 20
Evil deep within her genes, discovering past history which may very well become her reality. Losing one, finding another. Is true love enough to figh...
1.7M 38.4K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...