Full Speed Ahead (AQMA Sequel)

By Claireaabell

You must read "A Quarter Mile Away" before reading "Full Speed Ahead." This is the second instalment (sequel... More

Welcome - Please read
Full Speed Ahead - Soundtrack
Prologue
1 - Rest Of My Life
2 - We Don't Talk Anymore
3 - Heavy
4 - Apologize
5 - Secrets
6 - Perfect
7 - Take Care
8 - It's Not Over
9 - Scars To Your Beautiful
10 - Run The World
11 - I Hate You, I Love You
12 - Don't Stop The Music
13 - Get Low
14 - Mercy
15 - Incomplete
16 - Losing My Way
17 - Moving Mountains
18 - 2U
Thank you!
19 - Stay
20 - Friends
21 - No Promises
22 - When Love Takes Over
23 - Blame
24 - You Are The Reason
25 - Breathing
26 - Mic Drop
28 - Stronger
29 - Rolling In The Deep
30 - Ready or Not
31 - By Your Side
32 - To The Moon & Back
33 - Mama
34 - Unconditionally
35 - Sun Comes Up
36 - Bring Me Back To Life
37 - Anywhere
38 - History
39 - Titanium
40 - We Own It
41 - Bad Blood
42 - Mirror
43 - Lighthouse
44 - Rise
45 - Gone
46 - Skyscraper
47 - The Fighter
48 - Praying
49 - Rehab
50 - Natural
51 - How Deep Is Your Love
52 - Keep Holding On
53 - Game Of Survival
54 - Where's My Love
55 - Pray (Empty Gun)
56 - Fighter
57 - Say You Wont Let Go
58 - Who Knew
59 - I Wont Give Up
Epilogue
I Need Your Help... Updated With Correct Info. SORRY!!

27 - Don't Hold Your Breath

52.1K 2.3K 714
By Claireaabell

A/N: Happy belated Valentines Day! Who needs a man in my life when I have you awesome babes! 😘

Don't forget to show me some love by voting for this chapter! Xx

* * *

Jaxon looked into my eyes as he placed my hair behind my ears before cupping cheek, I watched as his eyes looked between my lips and my eyes. He absentmindedly moved his thumb across my cheek before making it's way down to my lower lip.

I knew it was coming, he was finally going to kiss me, my eyes began to flicker close as his face got closer and closer. I could feel his breath on my lips and the touch of his soft lips as they slowly placed over mine to embrace them.

"Wakey wakey!"

My eyes immediately fluttered open in shock as I realised it was all a dream. I was baffled about why this was happening now of all times? I've never had dreams like that before.

'Oh. No.'

Could it be because of the events that took place last night at the race? When he dropped me off at home, did I want him to kiss me? Had I read the signals wrong? I let out a groan as I realised that I was analysing the shit out of something that legitimately did not exist, it was almost comical. I let out a chuckle as I thought about what people would think if they could really read my mind. The sight of fingers came to view before they started to click at me, I blinked twice as I leaned back a little. Looking up I saw Isaac standing there starring at me like I had grown another head.

Confused, I asked "Why did you wake me? It's a Saturday, go away."

"Because. I'm annoyed." He said as he began to pace at the foot of my bed.

I stretched as I watched him pace one lap before question him, "About what?"

He stopped pacing before staring at me in shock, "Uh- Maybe it had to do with the fact that I leave you alone for one night and I hear about some massive fight that is about to erupt on the scene."

I let out a yawn before forcing myself out of bed, "Wasn't that big of a deal. No need to panic."

Isaac let out a chuckle before shaking his head, "Oh. I wasn't panicking. I was in a rage because I wanted nothing more than to punch that dickface in front of his bitch friends."

I raised an eyebrow at Isaac, shocked at his honesty but it was short lived as I began to chuckle.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"The fact that you successfully used the word dickface in a serious conversation." I said the words in between my light giggles.

Isaac let out a sigh before chuckling, "I heard Jaxon had it all under control though?" He said as he raised his eyebrow playfully at me. Groaning at him, I rolled my eyes and pushed past him to go use the bathroom as I ignored his laugh.

After a nice hot shower, I decided to get dressed for the day because if I didn't do that now, I knew I'd end up staying in my pjs all day. I wanted to get breakfast started soon because I knew Drew was on his way now with Alena. He had messaged me last night to say that he would drop her off so that I could have a sleep in, it was music to my ears.

By the time I got downstairs I had to smile when I saw that Isaac had already started making the eggs and bacon. I patted him on the shoulder so that I could continue, I looked over to see that he had moved over to the coffee machine to make us both coffees.

Just as I finished breakfast the doorbell rang, followed by Alena's muffled voice, "I smell the bacon! Quick! Open the door!"

We let out a chuckle as I walked over to the door to open it for them. Alena hugged me quickly before going into the kitchen leaving a befuddled Drew,

"But we just ate? I didn't know you were still hungry. You should have told me."

I chuckled as I patted him on the shoulder, "You will learn that she is always hungry."

"Where the hell does she put it all?" He mumbled as he walked into the kitchen, me following close by. After putting everyone's plate we all sat around the table and listened to Alena as she talked about all the movies she watched with her brothers and to my surprise, with Dad. She seemed to have enjoyed her night and that's all that mattered to me. Even though Drew claimed he was still full from his breakfast he had, we still forced him to eat with us. After Drew helped Isaac pick up the dishes for me he had to leave because he had a "date" with the gym. So here I was doing the dishes letting me mind drift off into a daydream until Isaac came in, sitting on the stool with a sigh. I looked at him and noticed his eyes were glued to his phone as he began to text intensely.

"How was your date last night?" I asked.

He clicked his screen off being letting out a sigh, "Meh. It was okay, she got mad that I was messaging Jaxon about how your race went."

I bit onto my inner cheek as I debated on what to say, "Want me to talk to her? She should know that she has nothing to worry about."

Isaac let out a chuckle before shaking his head, "Nah, it will only make it worse. Don't worry. I can handle it."

"I have no doubt."

* * *

It appears as though all three of us had no official plans on for the rest of the day because here we sat watching Frozen. Well, Alena watching Frozen while Isaac and I both absentmindedly stared at the TV. I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone started to ring, but my heart caught in my throat when I recognised the caller. My eyes involuntarily looked over to Isaac who was already staring at me, quickly diverting my eyes back to my phone I contemplated it I should let it ring out. Switching the silence button on, I watched as it rang a few more times before going silent. I looked back up to the TV but let out a sigh as it rang again.

"Avery! Please turn it off, I'm trying to watch." Alena begged. I let out a sigh as I got up from the couch to walk down the hall and outside to the backyard.

"What do you want?" I whispered hastily through the phone.

"Don't hang up. Please. I just want to talk." Noah begged.

"So, talk." I snapped back as I sat on the outdoor swing.

"Not over the phone. Face to face please." He begged.

I let out a sadistic chuckle, "Yeah. Like that is going to happen. News flash Noah, you carved your fucking name into my arm before shooting me!" I yelled in a whisper.

"I'm sorry. Ok! I was fucked up on so much shit. That wasn't me. I'm clean now, you have to believe me." He spoke softly.

"You said you were willing to meet up!" He begged, desperation in his voice.

'Fuck, I did too.'

I bit onto my lip as I listened to his voice, I tried to compare it to the way he sounded when we were at the house. However, it sounded completely different. He sounded less jittery and wasn't fumbling with his words. I knew that despite the man he was, I needed this closure. I needed to see him once more and lay everything on the table.

"Two conditions." I stated

"Anything." He quickly interrupted.

"One: We meet somewhere public and Two: You do not touch me. At all!" I spoke confidently so that he knew I wasn't scared of him. I was terrified to meet up with him but he didn't need to know that. When you act cocky and confident in front of Noah, he tends to go back into his shell. Sometimes.

"Done. I promise. Where did you want to meet?" He asked.

I thought about the cafe's in the area but I didn't want him to know this is where I lived so I thought back to the cafe's near the restaurant seeming as though he already knew that I worked there, there was no need to hide it.

"Meet me at Cafe Coco, 30 minutes." I said, quickly hanging up and not letting him respond.

I got up to quickly go upstairs and get ready but stumbled when I saw Isaac leaning on the doorframe.

I placed my hand on my heart as I let out a nervous giggle, "You scared me."

"You okay?" He asked sternly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I nodded, "Can you look after Alena for like an hour, max? If not, all good I can probably get Lisa to look after her."

"Where you headed?" He asked, ignoring my question.

'Shit.'

"Female emergency. Need to go buy some stuff for that time of the month." I responded, internally smiling as I saw Isaac crease his eyebrows in horror.

"TMI, Avery." He responded as he walked inside.

After running upstairs to get ready, I decided on a pair of skinny ripped jean-shorts, loose black singlet top, topped with my leather jacket and my sneakers. Not bothering with makeup, I jogged back downstairs but was stopped by Isaac's wolf whistle, "Looking pretty dressed up considering you are only going to the shops."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him as I kissed his forehead, "Thank you for looking after her. I'll get you a muffin from your favourite cafe."

"Choc-chip." He responded as he unlocked his phone and began messaging on it at rapid speed.

I got into my car before quickly driving off, not giving him anymore opportunities to come after me with more questions. I looked at my watch and noticed I only had about ten minutes to get there but I was in no rush. I planned on taking my time, letting him know that my life did not revolve around him anymore.

As I arrived I parked across the road so that I could look into the cafe. My eye immediately found him sitting at the end as he looked between his phone and the door. He looked clean and almost looked sober, he didn't look dirty, drunk or high. He still had a bit of a beard but it was trimmed and maintained. He looked like the guy I once knew. He picked up his phone and began messaging on it, assuming to me. I looked between him and my phone as he placed his phone on the table. I couldn't help but smile when my phone buzzed.

Sat, June 04, 03:13 PM
Noah: Hey. How far are you?"

Ignoring his message I got out of the car and began walking to the cafe. I opened the door and let out a sigh just as our eyes made contact.

* * *

"What can I get ya'll?" The waitress asked, I was surprised by her thick American accent that I stumbled on my order a little.

"Uh- Just an orange juice please." I responded back as I looked back at Noah.

Noah smiled at the waitress before responding back, "A glass of coke and some fries please. Two plates."

I rolled my eyes as I tried to fight the smile from appearing on my face. Whenever we used to go out on dates, we would always buy something and then share it between us. He waited until the waitress walked away before he leaned foreword to focus on me, "I remember when I first laid my eyes on you at school. Truth be told, I had Isaac to thank for that."

I raised my eyebrow in question, confused by what he meant by that. He cleared his throat as he continued, "I uh- saw your photo when he spoke about the Big Brother Program. I knew you were special from that moment."

"We were together for a long time, Ava."

I let out a chuckle as I shook my head.

"What's so funny?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in question.

"We were together for a year and half, Noah. Hardly that long." I responded.

"That's because-"

"Here are your drinks and fries." The waitress interrupted, much to Noah's liking who creased his eyes in anger.

He waited for her to leave again before continuing, "That's cause you gave up."

"No. I'm pretty sure it's cause you slept with Crystal." I spat the words out in anger.

"Pfft. It was an accident. It's not like it meant anything." He responded as he ate at the fries.

I let out an angry laugh, "Of course. You just fell and landed inside of her by accident." He bit onto his bottom lip as he stared at me. I knew I was pressing his buttons by the way he stared at me in annoyance.

"I want you back, Ava." He whispered.

"Not in a million years." I whispered back.

"Why won't you give this another chance." He forced the words out through gritted teeth.

"After everything you've done to me?!" I asked in shock and anger.

"Is it the anger and drinking problem? I'll get help."

"If you think that's the only reason, then you are more deluded than I thought." I spoke back as I got up to leave.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm done. I thought by meeting you today, I'd get some kind of closure but I was clearly naive to think that that was a good idea." I whispered angrily.

He grabbed my forearm and clenched onto it, "Sit the fuck down." He whispered.

My heart started to beat rapidly, I should have known he would do something like this in public and I've never felt so trapped before in my life.

'Why the fuck did I meet him by myself!'

* * *

A/N: Two updates in a week! Only because of Valentines Day guys haha. I hope you all liked it! Share your thoughts about what you think will happen next!

Next Chapter: How is Avery going to get out of this sticky situation she has put herself in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 2.6K 168
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
2.6M 89.3K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...
3.8K 550 55
He made her life better, that was what she knew for sure. She also knew she loved him, but she was just a fifteen year old girl. She would have done...
7.2K 264 21
The ninja get notice that there is suspicious activity around Hiroshi's Labrinth, so they go to investigate. When they get there someone's already br...