We Remain- An avengers fan fi...

By thejeditribute

Christy has not seen the Avengers in over a year. After learning that her father is alive and that her whole... More

We Remain- An avengers fan fiction//FAN ART Q&A
Chapter 1-Disbanded
Chapter 2-Typical Tony
Chapter 3-Don't wear PJs in the kitchen.
Chapter 4-Love and War.
Chapter 5-My Week is Ruined by a Kiss.
Chapter 6-To Catch a Spider-Man
Chapter 7-I am shocked.
Chapter 8-Learning to live.
Chapter 9-I hit a wall.
Chapter 10-The Wrong Villain.
Chater-12-I get Caught
Chapter 13-Is it Just me?
Chapter 14-High Voice, Act Natural.
Chapter 15-Trust and Pizza.
Chapter 16-A High Advantage
Chapter 17-My Oscar Worthy Performance.
Chapter 18-We Remain.
Epilogue: Chapter 1 of "Stand Together."

Chapter 11-The Master Plan.

2.5K 100 15
By thejeditribute

So I realized I had been spelling Skye's name wrong...it's Skye not Sky......don't worry I went back and fixed it:)

Carry on!

-AnnaBeth

***************************

Chapter 11-The Master Plan.

Step one of my plan is complete. Make Loki believe that I'm on his team. It's been two weeks and the Avengers still have not even tried to rescue us. I guess it's up to me.

I pace the throne room in my new (go figure) green dress that Loki had prepared for me. Apparently New York clothes and toms were 'improper for taking over the world.'

Besides being green, this new 'Loki' dress is long sleeved, hits the floor, and has a minor train. Green sapphires line the hemming around the bottom and top of the dress. If I wasn't supposed to be working with a crazy lunatic take over the world type guy, I might love the gown.

I have to wear black flats or the dress will be to short. Enough about the dress, Christy!

Loki strides into the room. Thankfully he moved Peter and Beka into new (separate) cells. They're much nicer then the old ones, and they get three meals a day. He hasn't allowed me to see them but Loki promises they are fine. Boom-point Christy.

"Loki..." I pause because Loki looks angry.

I mean really angry.

"you okay?" I ask him instead.

He stops, realizing his grumpy face, then hids it with a smile,

"I am absolutely grand, Christy," Loki says.

I know he's lying but I'm supposed to be playing 'dumb,' so I smile and say,

"Alright."

Loki strides to his throne and drops himself harshly into the seat. Sighing I gracefully walk to his side.

"I think we need a new interior decorator," I say.

Loki places a hand on his forehead.

"I think a little white or gold would really make this place pop. Also, can we get rid of the bright green rug? It clashes with the lights," I say trying to keep the mood light.

"Do whatever you would like," Loki mutters.

That is not like the Loki i've know for the past two weeks.

"Okay, um, you could use a new look to, Loki. I mean, the black is.....interesting....but you need a look that says, 'Hello world, I'm Loki Laufeyson, and I'm taking over your relm!' That would be stupendous," I laugh.

Loki crosses his arms. I've learned Loki's back story in the past weeks. He's not a son of Odin but a son of Laufey. Who would've thought?

"Any the crazy unicorn reindeer headdress you got going on....not really intimidating. I think that if you removed the whatever you want to call it hat, and replace it with spiked hair or something. Yeah, people would freak," I say.

"Are you normally this talkative?" Loki asks, clearly annoyed.

"Only when I'm bored," I say.

"Interesting," Loki says.

"Look when are we gonna do the whole, take over the world thing, instead of standing around. You must have some master plan," I say.

"I suppose I may tell you my plan," Loki grins as he stands, "walk with me."

So I do.

Loki stands behind his throne.

"What'tare ya doin?" I ask in my most country accent.

"Watch," is all he says.

The chair starts to move. Literally the back of the chair opens and slides forwards, revealing a secret staircase.

"Wow," I all I can say.

Loki takes my hand and leads me into the dark stairway. With a flick of his wrist, fire catches on a nearby stick. A medieval torch. Loki's kind of medieval. In a futuristic sort of way.

"Where does it lead?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me this time.

"Loki....." I grumble.

Yet still, Loki will not talk to me. Fine have it your way. I don't care where you are taking me, even though this not at all creepy and dark hallway is scaring the mess out of me. No no, I'm completely and utterly......

"Ahhhh!" I scream.

A bat flys out in front of me.

"What's a bat doing here?" I tell swatting at air.

Loki laughs,

"Horrible creatures really. I move one and another replaces it."

"Let's not try to meet any more bat friend shall we," I ask dusting the dirt off my dress.

"Alright, Loki. Tell me where we are going right now," I demand.

Loki stops at a dead end,

"As you wish."

He places his hand on the door and immediately it opens. Loki steps in first while I follow.

I did not expect what I see.

An underground lab/computer lab/man cave/work center/evil lair/....art studio?

Loki sees me stare at the art section of the room.

"Magneto is more of the....artistic type. He paints pictures for the woman he loves," Loki tells me.

"Oh who's that?" I ask.

"Her name is Brittany and she lives in California," Loki answers.

"That's halfway around the US," I say.

Loki raises an eyebrow,

"Your point?"

"Right," I say, "so what is this place ?"

"My lair, Magneto's studio, and Electro loves to watch this show called Care Bears on the device called a television," Loki says.

I stifle back a laugh,

"Electro, the guy, may I remind you, who erased my memories and wants to take over the world....watches Care Bears?" I ask.

"Yes, do you know it?" Loki wonders.

"Yeah I watched it..as a...kid...almost... everyday," I say.

How did I know that?

"Is that something of you past?"

"Yes," I reply.

Loki's face contorts,

"Well then. Christy, I think it is time."

"Time for what?" I ask.

"You have proven yourself worthy and I believe it is time to tell you of my plan," Loki says walking over to a round table in the middle of the room.

The table turns on. A holographic map of New York pops up in front of us. It reminds me of a sci-fi movie...though I can't remember the name of it.

A tiny red dot hovers over a building. I'm not sure which building since it is in the poor sector of NYC.

"What's that red dot," I ask.

"Us," Loki replies.

That must be the building we are currently in.

"So, Loki, what's the master plan?" I ask, still studying the map.

Loki stares at me but I pretend not to notice.

"We are going to attack from underground," Loki says.

"Underground?" I smirk.

"Using the earth's magnetic field, which is stronger underground, we will take control of the seas' around America and drown the outer states," Loki explains.

That can't be good.

"Which outer states?" I ask.

Loki touches the screen an it turns into a map of the USA.

"North and South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona, and California," Loki says.

"And you will only remove the water from the states if they pledge their lives to you?" I guess.

"Good," Loki says.

"I'm a quick learner," I nod.

Not really. I'm a terrible learner. But when Loki decides he wants to take over my country, my brain switches in gear.

"And lastly, we will flood New York," Loki says.

Wait, why is New York always the target? Who knows. Must be a villain think.

"What about Electro?" I ask, "what's his part?"

Loki's face drops into a scowl,

"He was.....eliminated for his behavior."

Oh now it makes since. Loki had Electro...um...exterminated because he stole my memories. For once, Loki actually came through.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"Don't be. He was not important to us," Loki grimaces.

"To us?" I ask.

"You are now my right hand, Christy. That was Electro's position, but he lost it due to his foolish incompetence," Loki says.

Yeah......I have to talk to Peter.

"Together you and I will rule the earth," Loki says staring at me, "Together, we can be the masters. We are the rulers of our soul. The US will not stand a chance against us. They will be overthrown, they will be ours! In the end, they will kneel. They were made to kneel," Loki says.

This is awkward. Not sure how to answer that. What to say what to say....wait that could work.

"This is a wonderful plan, Loki. But we need more," I say.

"More what?" Loki asks.

"Soldiers. And I don't mean your crazy goon guys. I'm talking about Spider-Man and Rebekah," I say crossing my arms.

"They will not join us," Loki says.

"Seriously, you are Loki, dude of mischief and other really creepy stuff. Mix up a potion that will change their thoughts and they will be on your side," I tell Loki.

Loki thinks about my plan,

"If I mix a spell, will you administer it to the prisoners?"

He's trying to trick me.

"Only if that's what you desire," I reply.

He grins wildly,

"I do."

Did I ever tell you Loki freaks me out?

********************************

Three hours later Loki emerges from his lab with two vials. I left about an hour and a half ago because I couldn't stand the smell those potions were giving off. Trust me, if you smelled them you would leave to.

The pink liquid inside the vials glow.

"Is this it?" I ask.

"Yes. Once we convince them to drink it, you will have around two minutes to explain our situation," Loki says.

"Three hours for two minutes. Amazing," I say sarcastically.

"This spell will jumble their thoughts and you must explain that I am the rightful ruler. Then tell them that S.H.I.E.L.D, Nick Fury, and the Avengers are trying to stop us from helping New York," Loki says.

Helping, right.

"From there the spell will take over. They may have slight discomfort, but after five or so minutes their brain will register right, wrong and wrong, right," Loki tells me.

"How will I get them to drink it?" I ask.

Loki hands me the vials and makes two glasses appear in his hands.

"Pour," he orders.

I uncap the lids and pour the potion into the cups. Really, Loki, you couldn't have pre-poured for me? No? Alright.

"They will trust you," Loki says.

The now empty vials disappear out of my hands. Loki hands me one of the silver cups he hold. Grabbing my arm begin walking. Peter's room/cell first. That is where I will give him the potion.

I think about this as I walk. They will trust me. I'm not so sure about Beka but what about Peter. They haven't seen me in two weeks. Do they know I'm okay? Once they see I've been with Loki. Can they trust me?

I did assign them new rooms. Surely Loki told them that. Yes didn't he? I don't know.

The real question is. Can I trust myself with this plan?

Loki may want to take over the world, but I have a master plan of my own.

"Loki, will you be monitoring this?" I ask.

"No," Loki replies.

Liar, I can see his pants on fire. Not really but that would be awesome.

That's answers that. I'll have to be careful how I go about this. Loki will be watching the entire thing. I smile to let him know my silent answer of fake thanks.

He thinks he can trick me? I don't think so. Loki is about to be Christified! Yeah not sure where that came from. Oh well.

How am I going to tell Peter of my plan? Beka....fine I will tell her as well, but trying to communicate with Peter before he's goes under Loki's mind control, that's the hard part.

Make Loki believe. Make Loki believe. That's all that runs through my mind.

I feel like I'm in some sort of action spy movie. I'm the spy, Loki's the villain, and I have to save the other spy who did a horrible job of capturing the bad guy and escaping.

That would be Peter.

Then the lovely damsel in distress. That's Beka.

And I.

I'm agent double-O-Seven.

I'm Coulson, Christy Coulson.

I'm...

"Christy," Loki says pulling me out of my trance.

"Sorry, lost in thought," I say.

"We are here," he says.

Two door stand in front of us. Two goons (guards that are not cool enough to be called guards,) stand in front of the doors, guns in arms.

Peter and Beka's rooms. Or cells or whatever you want to call them.

"Pick a room," Loki says.

Judging by the larger goons on door number two (the door on the right,) I can only suspect that Peter is behind it.

"That one," I say pointing at what I hope is Peter's door.

Loki motions the guards to open the massive door.

"They only need to drink one sip," Loki reminds me.

Only a sip and all your memories are gone. Something catches in my throat. It's my heart. My memories are gone. Do I really want Peter and Beka to go through that? Beka maybe but....

Christy! Pull yourself together! Heaving a deep sigh I step inside the door, leaving Loki and four guards behind me.

My breath tightens as soon as I enter. The conditions in this room are better than that underground cell but nothing compared to the room Loki has me in. Which if you really want to know, is make out of solid gold. How Loki did that I'm clueless.

The room is light grey with a low (smaller than,) twin sized bed in the corner. A bathroom area and wooden table sit around the edges of the small room. A still bruised Peter lies in the bed, breathing hard. He looks awful, and here I stand in a lush green dress, hair in a gorgeous up-do, fed like a queen, and free to do whatever I like. While Peter is a prisoner of Loki.

But then again, I almost feel like a prisoner to Loki.

Glancing around the room I spot the camera that Loki is watching us from. It's barely noticeable but I see it.

I pull the small wooden chair over to his bedside. I'm reminded of the time he came to see me when I woke up almost a month ago and remembered nothing. It feels like a distant memory now. I make sure my back is facing the camera.

"Peter," I whisper.

He stirs.

"Peter, it's me, Christy. I have something for you," I say.

His eyes open, blue, staring at me.

"There you are," his cracked voice mumbles.

"How are you?" I ask.

"Better now that you're here," he says.

"I have something for you," I repeat.

"Am I dying?" He asks.

I reach over and take his chapped hand. I have to draw this out for Loki. Anything to get Peter to drink this potion.

"Yes," I say.

But my eyes say no.

Peter notices my conflict and his eyebrows knit together in confusion. But he smiles when he sees his hand in mine.

"What did Loki do to you?" Peter asks.

I'm not sure if Loki has sound on the camera so I have to speak like I'm on his side.

"He's been kind to me, Peter. Loki is not the villain. It's S.H.I.E.L.D," I lie.

Peter looks hurt for a moment until he sees my eyes again.

"Help, Loki is a mad man trying to take over the city! We have to get out and warn the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Play along," is what I hope they say.

Apparently he understands.

"No," he says shaking his head, "Loki has manipulated you, Christy. Come back to us. Come back to me," Peter says.

He's better than I thought.

"Loki is our ruler, Peter. If only you could see that," I say holding out the drink, "this will help your wounds."

Peter speciously eyes the drink.

Think Christy think!

"The drink is good for you. It is not going to harm you," I say.

I hope he unscrambles the real meaning,

"The drink is going to harm you. It is not good for you."

He does. Sitting up slowly he reaches for the cup.

"I can't," he says.

Draw it out.

"Now, Peter. You must drink this. It's do your well being," I tell him.

"No," he says.

"Drink!" I yell.

He pretends to be scared and takes the cup from my grasp.

The words are on the top of my tounge,

"Do not drink it, Peter!"

He tips the drink up. I see him swallow. He wasn't faking. He really drank the drink.

Not a half second later Peter throws the dink down and cries out in pain, clutching his throat. The pink liquid spills across the grey floor.

"Peter!" I scream.

He cries more. Actually he thrashes so much that he falls from the bed into the floor. After lying for a few more seconds he finally stands up.

"Where am I?" He asks.

"Peter..."

"Where am I?" He yells this time.

"Your name is Peter Parker. You are currently with your ruler, Loki Laufeyson. You will help him regain his rightful place as ruler for the United States of America..." I trail off because years form in my eyes, "...um... S.H.I.E.L.D tried to kill you. Loki saved you. Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D will try to return but we will fight him. You have the powers of a spider....." I cannot finish Loki will have to go with that, "...Long...Live...Loki," I stutter.

That's when I see a hint of a smile. An half of a wink.

"Long live Loki," Peter replies.

He didn't drink the potion. He's still the Peter I know.

Two guards enter and surround us. Loki claps as he pulls me away from Peter.

"I didn't think you could do it. But look what we have now, the Spider," Loki says.

Keep it up, Christy, tears tears.

"Can I go now?" I ask.

"No, we must complete the task with the other girl," Loki says.

Beka. Yeah can't we just keep her locked up?

Loki hands me the other cup.

I will take that as a no.

I dash out of the room, careful not to spill the cup, and wait for the guards to open the door to Beka's room.

Peter was faking. He had me convinced. I hope he convinced Loki. I hope I convinced Loki. But I'm not out of the clear just yet.

The doors open. Beka's room looks just like Peter's except her bed is bigger and nicer. I guess Loki has somewhat of a heart.

Beka sits at the table, hands clenched. She scowls when she finally sees me.

I walk towards the empty chair beside her,

"Mind if I sit with you?"

"Sure! Why not. I'll just get my finest tea and sugar. Oh while I'm at it, could you tell Loki when he's done pampering and spoiling you that there's a family waiting for me to return!" Beka yells.

I scoot my chair an inch away from her. Maybe confusing her memories is a good thing. I might not tell her to avoid drinking the glass.

"It's not water I'm guessing," she says pointing to. The drink.

Beka looks better than Peter did but she still appears tired. Her black choppy hair falls around her face, like she didn't bother to brush it. Her face is still pale but her eyes are alive and a little wild.

"I'm not wild," she says.

Wait a second. How did she know that? Beka said that Loki tested on her. Loki....potions...Beka. She knew what I was thinking. That means.

Rebekah Johnston is telepathic.

"Yeah yeah now you know," she mutters.

This could be a lot easier.

"Loki wants to help you," I say.

I think of what I really mean,

"Loki wants to turn you into his brain washed solider by making you drink this potion."

"Is that drink going to erase my memories?" She asks.

I act shocked but in my mind I say,

"Jumble like spaghetti."

"N-n-no. Of course not. Loki is a good and kind man and only wants you to he happy," I say.

"Happy. What's he done to you, princess?" She threatens, "Now that he has you is he going to kill me?"

Act scared.

"No. L-L-Loki he..."

"Look if it's forgetful potion, hand it over. I would rather get out of here and forget. Even if I have to be controlled by Loki. Better than this dump I'm in right now," Beka says.

I slide the drink over to her. I think of Peter's reaction to the drink. She 'takes a sip,' and mimics what she saw in my mind.

She drops the drink, the pink staining the floor, and falls out of her chair, gasping for breath. I remain in the chair, watching her 'struggle.' It's a good thing I'm frightened because otherwise I would be laughing my head off.

Over all, it's kind of enjoyable. Except for the 'my life is in danger if this doesn't work,' type situation.

She stands,

"Who am I?" Beka asks.

"You are Rebekah Johnston. You are currently with your ruler, Loki Laufeyson. You will help him regain his rightful place as ruler for the United States of America. S.H.I.E.L.D tried to kill you. Loki saved you. Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D will try to return but we will fight him. Long live Loki," I repeat for her.

"Long live Loki," she smirks.

Her two guards rush in and stand beside her. I feel Loki's cold breath on my neck.

"Well done again. I am proud of you, Christy," Loki says.

Turning to him I smile.

Make him believe.

"Thank you, Loki. They are on our side now. Nothing can stop up," I say.

I think I just made Loki really happy.

"Can I trust you?" He asks.

"Is the sky blue?" I reply.

Loki leans in and whispers in my ear,

"The sky is orange today."

What I was most afraid of.

Loki doesn't trust me.

Wait, the sky is orange.

His war has started.

And Loki knows I'm a fake.

*************************

A/N: Peter scared me there for a second. Phew. Uh oh! Christy watch out for Loki!

I know my chapters are short, but the shorter they are, the more uploads I can post. Such as I might post one tomorrow or the day after:) would y'all like that?

Don't have much to say.

That is all:)

-AnnaBeth:)

1/21/2014

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 31 15
A Marvel fan fiction about Tony Stark's little sister, Lillian Stark, who gets kidnapped by Hydra at a young age. What will she do when she finally f...
3.3M 86.5K 74
Few had known Natasha had a Sister. Just like her, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Camille Romanoff has been deceased for the past f...
357K 11.1K 28
(Book 2) Anna Smith the Director of SHIELD is now alive more than ever. She's not the same but she still has the power to bring HYDRA to her feet. Sh...
1.5K 3 48
Mason Perez was born with powers. Not knowing how or why, her powers continue to grow. After a life changing accident Mason vowed to never use her po...