Curious ~OUAT Fanfic~ [Season...

By xlaurynwritesx

Cu•ri•ous Inquisitive; eager to know It wasn't weird to be curious, it was just weird to not have any clue as... More

•The Beginning•
•Believe•
•Cursed•
•Operation Cobra•
•Prince Charming•
•Shaking•
•A Friend•
•Mystery•
•Closer•
•Savior•

•Taken•

597 22 3
By xlaurynwritesx

Maya went to Ms. Blanchards cell to say hello since she ran away the other night. It was dark outside and her curfew was coming up but she missed seeing her so she wanted to get there as soon as she could.

She went inside and Mary Margaret's cell was open and she was gone. They already took her away?, was Mayas first thought making her stomach twist. No. It's to early. She must have escaped. Maya said to herself before going out to look for her.

She figured that if she was going to escape she would head out of town. That meant Maya had to find her before she did or something bad would happen.

She went to the woods to look. She walked quietly trying to hear any footsteps. She heard a branch snap. "Ms. Blanchard is that you?" Maya said as she ran to where the branch snapped before being grabbed and a cloth was put over her mouth. She began to scream and struggle with no luck. Her vision began to fade.

"Guess again." She heard the man say before she lost consciousness.

She began to wake up and she was in a room laying on a desk. She sat up and tried to stand up before realizing her stomach and feet were tied with rope onto a chair. She began breathing heavily trying to untie the knots behind her.

"Unuhuh." She heard a mans voice from behind her. Maya jumped slightly and began to feel scared as she pulled her hands back to the front of her.

"Please let me go." She said trying not to freak out as the man came around the chair and looked at her.

"Why would I do that when there is something I need you to do." The man said with a smile as he stood on the other side of the desk and leaned on the table.

Maya looked at the table to see some sewing stuff and a hat. "Who are you?" She asked confused looking at all the supplies.

"My name is Jefferson." The man said as Maya looked up to him. She looked around the room to see hats on a wall and some tea.

"Wait." Maya said thinking of the book. She remembered the Mad Hatters story in it. "Do you-" Maya started as she looked at him.

"Remember? Yeah." He said as distress came over his face.

"I don't understand. Why are you doing this too me? How do you remember?" She asked.

"Well you see I never forgot. When Regina sent all of us here they all forgot. My curse was to remember." The man explained.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asked again as she tried to untie herself.

"I said don't do that." He said loudly as he pulled out his gun and put in on the table. "I don't want to use this but I will if I have to." Mayas eyes widened. She began breathing heavier and cried a little bit. "Now here is what you need to do." He said as he showed her the hat.

"I have a daughter Grace. Here her name is Paige. Do you know her?" He asked as he walked around.

"Yes she goes to my school. Why won't you answer my question?" She asked crying.

"Because I haven't finished my story yet." He said looking to her.

"Now. I want to take her back to our land and to do that I need my hat." He said as he walked behind her and turned around her chair showing her the wall of hats. "I can't get it to work but you." He said as he bent down and looked at her. "You are one of the saviors. That means you have magic." He said as Maya looked at her hands.

"Why did you kidnap me?" She asked as he turned her chair back around.

"Well last time I checked kids are taught not to talk to strangers. Especially not to go into their house so this was simply the easiest way to do it." He explained as he got close to her ear and whispered. "Now make one." He said as Maya moved her head away from the strange man and hit him in the face to get him away from her.

"I don't know how. I'm just a kid." She said as she looked away from him.

"I'll let you get away with that one." He said holding his face. You are a special kid." He said as he went and grabbed his gun. "Now I have to do something else for right now. If you try to escape I will know." He said looking to her. "And I will find you." He said in a whisper as he looked at the gun. He pulled a pair of safety scissors out of his pocket and put them in front of her.

"I'm not four." Maya said as she picked them up.

"Exactly but this way you can't cut the rope." He said as he walked to the door. "Now get it to work." He said before leaving the room.

Maya tried to untie the knots but they were to far from her reach. Since she was tied around her stomach she couldn't reach her feet and the chair back was too wide for to reach around. The scissors weren't strong enough to cut the large rope either. She decided to start on the hat crying as she did so. She was scared and she wasn't sure where Ms. Blanchard was. Hell she wasn't even sure where she was.

After a while of hat making she became tired but kept going and eventually finished. She tried untiring the ropes again. She saw the door open and the man walked in. She quickly moved her hands away from the rope.

"I finished making your stupid hat so now you can let me go." She said as she wiped her eyes.

"Not just yet." He said as he picked up the hat. He spun it and nothing happened. "I guess you weren't enough." He sighed. "It's good I had a backup plan."

"A backup plan?" Maya asked frightened.

"Emma of course." He said as he took the scissors away from her.

"Don't dare hurt her." Maya said struggling again swinging her hands.

"Hey! That's enough of that." He said as he grabbed her hands he took them behind the chair back. Maya struggled to get out of her grasp while he tied her hands together.

"Emma! Emma! Help!" Maya screamed for dear life. He finished and covered her mouth and walked to the front of her.

"Quiet down." He said as she kept screaming. "It's not like she can here you anyway. She is unconscious." He asked holding her mouth. He said if in a fatherly way even though it was very creepy.

Maya bit his hand making him take it away and he looked at her angrily. "Don't touch me." She said as she stopped screaming.

He held his hand and looked at it in pain. "I'm going to put you somewhere else." He said as he shook off the pain. "When I found you so you remember what you said?" He said as he smiled evilly.

Maya thought about how she asked if Ms. Blanchard was there. She looked at him shocked.

"I'll take that as a yes. I'm going to put you with your friend. Or I guess she is your mom. Either way it doesn't matter. You can't do anything about it anyway." He chucked lightly.

He picked the chair she was on up and took her to another room. The house looked really big. "Why can't you just let me go?" She asked looking at the strange man.

"If I do that then Emma won't have enough motivation." He explained. "Now you are going to stay in this room until I think it's okay for you to leave." He said as he put her down to open the door. "If you don't stay quiet I'm going to hurt Emma and Mary Margaret." He said opening the door. Maya looked inside to see Mary Margaret tied up with a cloth around her mouth as well. She was crying and she looked at Maya shocked and angry.

"If your not quiet I'll tie your mouth up just like hers. Got it?" He asked as Maya cried looking at Mary Margaret who was trying to say something but was muffled by the cloth.
He picked up Maya and put her next to Mary Margaret. "Now I have something to do." He said as he walked out.

"Ms. Blanchard." Maya cried softly. "I'm scared." Maya said as Mary Margaret tried to respond.

"Why ahh you huh My?" Mary Margaret cried.

"I'm here because I came to look for you but that guy made me unconscious and brung me here. He wanted me to make a hat and after I couldn't do it he took me here. Why did you run away?" She asked quietly looking at the woman.

"Mmphhffphff." Was all Maya could here.

"I don't know what you are saying." Maya said as she sniffed. "Now we just have to wait for Emma to save us." Maya said as she looked down.

"Emma huh?" Ms. Blanchard asked.

"That's what Jefferson said." Maya said as she looked down. They both stayed quiet for the rest of the time until the door opened and they looked at it firghtened.

"Emma." Maya whispered with a smile.

"Maya? Mary Margaret? Why are you guys here?" Emma said as she took the cloth off of Mary Margaret's mouth.

"I was trying to get away when out of no where this man grabbed me." Mary Margaret said as Emma untied her. Mary Margaret got up and began to untie Maya while Emma helped.

"Why are you here?" Mary Margaret asked looking to Emma as they untied Maya.

"I've been trying to find you. You escaped remember. Maya why are you here?" Emma asked as she finished untieing her.

"The same as you. Then Jefferson got me." Maya explained to Emma in a whisper.

"That was stupid Maya." Mary Margaret said to her as she looked to the girl.

"You know him?" Emma asked surprised before looking to Mary Margaret. "How did you get out?" Emma asked confused.

"There was a key in my cell under my pillow. Someone put it there." Mary Margaret explained.

"Who?" Maya asked confused.

"I don't know. I'd like to know just as much as you two." She said as they walked to the door quietly. Maya tried her best not to squeal. She then heard a click and the three looked the other way.

"I see you found spot! And her little puppy." He said as they all looked at him and Maya held Mary Margaret's hand tight. She wasn't sure what else to do.

"I've already called backup. They will be here any second." Emma said to him.

"You haven't called anybody. For the same reason you didn't tell me about her. You don't want anyone to know you are here which means nobody does." Jefferson explained.

"So now tie them back up." Jefferson said as he points his gun toward the door.

"Emma." Mary Margaret said as Emma finished tying her up.

"It's gonna be ok." She said looking to her as she put the cloth over her mouth and looked at Maya who was sitting in the chair.

Emma looked over to the man and then to Maya. She smiled slightly to the girl trying to make the atmosphere less frightening.

"I'm scared." Maya whispered and a tear fell from her eye. Emma grabbed the rope.

"I know Mys." She said as she began to tie her hands behind her back. As she did so she put a shard of tea cup in her hand. "Everything will be okay."

Maya held it and kept a blank face as Emma tied her feet to the chair. She didn't tie her stomach back up and Jefferson didn't seem to mind.

"Your telescope. You've been watching me. Why?" Emma asked as Jefferson walked over to her.

"I need you to do something that she couldn't do." He said looking to Maya before grabbing Emma and taking her.

Mary Margaret began to shout but it was muffled. They left and he closed the door.

Maya began to try and cut the rope. Since it was so thick it was hard to cut and the shard wasn't barely sharp enough to cut it. Mary Margaret didn't realize what she was doing and Maya thought it was best to keep it that way just in case. After a long while of cutting the rope. Maya notice Mary Margaret had fallen asleep.

She pulled her hands apart and the rope broke making Maya smile. "Wake up Ms. Blanchard! Wake up." She whispered loud enough for the teacher to wake up. She untied the knot around her feet and heard someone at the door and quickly pretended to still be tied up.

She then realized it was just Emma. "Why are you still here? It's fine I'll get you out." She said as she untied Mary Margaret.

"The glass you give me wasn't sharp and this rope is thick." She said as she got up to help untie Mary Margaret.

"Emma look out!" Mary Margaret screamed as Jefferson attacked her knocking over Mary Margaret in the chair. Emma quickly reached for the gun but Jefferson got on top of her keeping her from it. Maya ran to Mary Margaret and helped untie her.

Jefferson started to choke Emma and Maya got up and punched him in the stomach as hard as she could. He grabbed his side in pain but reached down and grabbed the gun anyway and faced it toward Emma. Maya looked at him to get him again but he pushed her over and she hit her head on a shelf and held it. While she tried to get up she saw Mary Margaret hit him then kick him out the window. "He's gone." Mary Margaret said as they all got up to go find him.

They went downstairs and outside to go get him but their was no trace of him anywhere.

"Who was he?" Mary Margaret asked.

"A very lonely man." Emma said as she took a deep breath. Maya held the side of her head and winced.

"Are you okay Mys?" Mary Margaret asked looking at her head.

"I'll be fine. I'm glad that you saved us." Maya smiled to her.

"About that. Have you been taking kickboxing and not telling me about it?" Emma asked looking to her surprised.

"I have no idea where that came from." Mary Margaret said as they began walking. Maya let out a small quiet chuckle. She knew where it came from.

"Emma look." Mary Margaret said as Emma went to her car which was covered and she took the cover off. Maya and Mary Margaret looked around to make sure the man was gone.

Emma found the keys in the car and they all smiled happily, but the two adults quickly got serious. "So sheriff. I guess you'll be taking me back now." Mary Margaret sighed looking to her.

"Here. Go." Emma said as she gave Mary Margaret the keys. Maya looked at Mary Margaret and let out her breath.

"You want me to run?" Mary Margaret asked surprised.

"No but it's your choice." Emma responded. "Just know something. Running ain't easy. I've done my share of it. And once you go there is no stopping." Emma said to her seriously. Maya was surprised she was even considering leaving.

"Emma everyone thinks I killed Kathryn." Mary Margaret said to her as she looked to her then Maya.

"Mary Margaret you have to believe me. You have to trust me. I know it seems impossible but I can get you out of this." Emma said to Mary Margaret.

"And I'll be there for you the whole way through. Both of you." Maya said looking to both of them.

"Why is it so important to you what happens to me?" Mary Margaret asked curiously.

"Because when Regina framed me and you bailed me out I asked you why and you said you trusted me. And then when I wanted to leave Storybrooke cause I thought it was best for Henry you told me I needed to stay because that's what's best for him." Emma explained as Maya looked to Mary Margaret hoping she wouldn't go. "I realized all my life I have been alone. Walls up. Nobody had ever been there for me except you and now I know Maya." Emma said looking to Maya about to cry then back to Mary Margaret. "I can't lose that. I cannot lose my family." Emma said on the verge of tears.

Mayas heart beat hard. It felt like a good beat though. She held her heart and looked to Emma smiling. "Family?" Maya asked.

"Friends." Emma quickly said. "Whatever." She said as she looked down. "You know what I mean." She looked up to Mary Margaret. "Would you rather face this together than alone?" Emma asked her. Mary Margaret gave the keys back to Emma.

Just then the clock chimed echoing throughout the town. "The arraignment. Regina." Emma said as they looked at the tower.

"We have to go!" Maya said as they all got in the car.

They rushed to the sheriff station and Mary Margaret ran in the back door. Maya got out of the car and went to the front to pretend like she was just visiting.

She walked in with a smile and looked to see Regina and Mr. Gold looking at her.

"Is now not a good time to visit?" Maya asked trying to contain her smile. She hid the goosebump on her head with her hair. Regina turned around and gave her an evil look. "Good morning." She said with a smile. She knew that it wasn't good for the operation that she was talking with the Queen but Maya really wanted to rub it in her face.

"Good morning." She responded with a poker face.

"I'm sorry Ms. Maya but you are going to have to come by at a different time." Mr. Gold said with a small smile to the girl.

"Okay. Thank you Mr. Gold. Have a good day Mayor Mills." Maya said kindly with a smile as she looked over to Mary Margaret who was trying not to laugh. Maya walked out and went back to the convent.

When the nuns asked her where she had been she told them she stayed with Mary Margaret so she would have company. It wasn't completely the truth but she wasn't lying. She got ready for school and dealt with the rest of her day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.6K 600 24
{ storybrooke } In which Winter accidentally stumbles upon Storybrooke, a town with strange citizens. Be warned: * This book contains plotlines from...
195 19 5
Warning: this story will get very violent at times Elora (or as she's known as in the non magic world Alex) mills is the daughter of Regina Mills and...
59.6K 719 23
{ enchanted forest } In which Winter enters a Sleeping Curse and the fairytales try to save her.. before it is too late. Be warned: * This book conta...
5K 129 24
Sen•sa•tion•al Causing great public interest; very impressive Everything is good again. Henry and Emma are staying, Maya found Zachariah again, and m...