LOST LINE [G.GUSTIN II]

By sheismental

CONTINUATION TO 'WRONG NUMBER'. What happens when Kara Evans faces her second greatest fear once again?. copy... More

PREFACE.
01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09

07

4.1K 127 39
By sheismental

CHAPTER 07 | ❝ JUST COFFEE

[kara evans]
-

"So you talked to him? And now you're going to drink coffee with him? Is this some parallel universe where you don't hate his guts?." Camila says as the cab stops in front of our hotel.

I simply shrug. "He said some stuff, rational for the most of it, I don't think it's bad to talk about this. We are adults, Mila, this things have to resolve, we can't just live holding a grudge against each other." I say, paying the cab driver and promptly getting out, Camila looks at me slightly shocked.

"Seth has made you more mature, i'm impressed." She says and i can feel my eyelids getting heavier with every step closer i take to our room. My feet are killing me, i haven't gotten used to wearing heels.

"It's not only Seth, Mila. Everything leads up to being mature, i'm the co-editor of a company, and a journalist as well, I can't be playing games like i did before." I groan mentally, how many times have i told this to myself? Yet i missed my careless self.

"You're right, I guess I didn't notice that change until now. Still be careful, Kara, seems like Grant doesn't care about your current relationship and I have a bad feeling about this." She says and we walk inside the hotel room and i roll my eyes.

"It's just a freaking coffee, Mila. Don't be so dramatic." I groan and grab some pajama clothes before walking into the bathroom and taking off my skin tight black dress and sighing in relief as soon as does heels hit the floor.

After I put my clothes on, brush my teeth and wash the makeup off of my face, i walk out of the bathroom. Camila is in a deep sleep as she snores loudly on her bed, i wish i could sleep like that.

But after six months of Seth holding my close to his chest when i fall asleep, it's hard to sleep on my own.

I manage to get under the covers and as my eyes start to close, the screen of my phone lights up, and my curiosity is too much for me to handle. I take the phone between my cold hands.

UNKNOWN NUMBER >
Goodnight, Kara.

I shake my head and leave my phone on the night stand before falling into a deep sleep.

-

[narrator]

Kara wakes up by the sound of her phone ringing constantly.

"Turn your goddamn phone off." Camila groans as she throws her pillow to the back of Kara's head.

Kara groans and sits on the edge of the bed, grabbing her phone and answering the call without seeing who it was.

"Kara? What the hell?!."

She recognizes the voice as Seth's and a smile creeps onto her morning face.

"Morning to you too, babe." She says onto the phone but she is quickly cut off by an angry Seth.

"Babe?! Are you serious?! I saw the pictures of last night, Kara. So you were playing all along? I thought you hated Grant's guts, you should put in your resume how much of a great actress you are."

Kara fully awakens after hearing Seth's accusations, her eyes go wide and her words get stuck on the back of her throat.

"Pictures?! What pictures? Seth i'm not fully understanding what you mean, you think i cheated on you?." She asks confused and on the other line Seth scoffs.

"You've been fooling me all along."

"Seth, I talked to Grant yesterday. There's nothing going on between us, I don't know what pictures you saw but you have misunderstood the whole situation." Kara sighs, anger is just one of the many emotions pulsing through her. And it's only 10:00 am. "Now i'm kind of mad at the fact that your trust on me is basically nonexistent." She says and Seth sighs.

"It's too early for this."

"If you hang up Seth, i'm going to blow your brains out. You can't just call me and yell accusations at me and then leave it like this. Answer this: do you trust me?." Kara gulps down, waiting impatiently as a silence takes over the line. Kara looks down at her legs as she bites her lip.

"I....I do, Kara. It's just that you and him, you have history and I don't think that's easy to forget–."

"You and me have more history than Grant and I. If you truly trusted me, you wouldn't be calling me right now." Kara scolds.

"I know, i'm sorry. I just freaked out, you're so far away and i'm here lonely just petting Princess Leia and Toby." Seth says and Kara shakes her head with a smile tugging her lips.

"I'll be back soon and we will figure things out, okay Seth? I love you." Kara says and Seth sighs.

"I love you too, and i'm sorry."

"I know you are, give Princess Leia and Toby a kiss for me. I miss my babies." Kara says with a grin on her face.

"Will do, ma'm. I'll text you later then, goodbye."

"Goodbye, Seth."

And she hangs up, breathing heavily before plopping once again on the bed.

"That was intense, and I only heard your part." Camila says standing up and walking over Kara's bed and plopping down next to her. "What pictures do you think he saw?." Camila looks at Kara as she shrugs.

"Probably the ones where Grant is kissing my cheek, but he totally blew things out of proportion." Kara replies before huffing and sitting up. "I should take a shower."

"Are you still going to drink coffee with Grant?." Camila asks worriedly and Kara smiles without showing her teeth.

"I already told him i'll go. It will seem rude if i don't."

"You have never worried about seeming rude before." Camila cocks an eyebrow and Kara looks at her with a stern look.

"Would you stop? I'm going." She says and walks into the bathroom, sighing as she closes the bathroom door.

Kara has a bad feeling about it as well, but she wasn't willing to confess that to Camila.

-

Kara walks into the coffee shop, quickly recognizing the smell of fresh out of the oven bread and the coffee as a relaxing music plays in the background. The coffee shop were she first went with Grant, it couldn't be a coincidence that he had picked the same coffee shop from where they first met.

A big and wide smile takes over Grant as soon as she sees the brunette walk into the coffee shop.

"Kara!." He shouts and Kara looks at him with a small smile as she walks over him. He stands up and gives her a quick peck on the cheek as her eyes widen in surprise, he grabs a chair and pulls it out so Kara can seat. She mumbles a low 'thanks' and sits. "I already ordered for you, a cup of green tea." He says handing her the small cup.

"Thank you, how much was it?." She says, taking her wallet out but Grant lays a hand on her hand.

"Don't sweat it, it was my turn to pay." He says smiling teasingly, and then Kara remembers their old feud about who would pay first, she smiles lightly.

"Right." She nods. A silence overcomes the table, only able to hear the background music as Kara taps her feet on the ground.

"So i heard that you are the co-editor of a magazine." Grant says, crossing his arms over his chest and Kara licks her lips, nodding.

"Yeah, i am. It's called 'The Feed', which is ironic enough, nobody checks magazines anymore. Twitter and every other social media reports everything nowadays." Kara says chuckling. "Still everything means a lot more for me when it's written in paper, most of my articles are written on a journal before printing them out."

Grant nods understandingly. "I thought co-editors don't write, they just supervise the journalist's work?." He asks interested and Kara clicks her tongue.

"They do, but i was persisting about writing. My boss ended up giving me the celebrities and social's department and letting my write some articles, I don't complain at all. I absolutely love writing." Kara replies and Grant bites his bottom lip.

"Is that why you went to the CW party yesterday? To write an article?." He asks and Kara takes a sip from the now slightly cold cup of tea.

"Yes, i only interviewed a couple of people. I think Camila was more invested on it than I to be honest." Kara softly chuckles.

"I was never interviewed, not by you or Camila." He says leaning closer on the table, making Kara cock an eyebrow at him.

"Well, you were sitting on the corner, not too interested on the party." Kara shoots and Grant's lips curve downwards.

"Fair enough." He says and licks his lips while staring at Kara.

Kara sighs while looking down at her tea. "Grant what is this?."

"What is what?." He says raising an eyebrow teasingly and Kara looks at him with her lips formed into a straight line.

"This." She gestures in between both of them and the table.

He softly chuckles. "It's just coffee, well tea for you."

She shakes her head. "You have an attitude now that I hadn't seen before, Grant if you're trying to get me back–."

"No, it's not that, Kara. I want us to be friends again, i miss you and your crazy texts." He confesses, Kara's mouth is slightly open.

"Friends is something i can do, Grant. As long as you don't try to cross that line." She warns and Grant smiles and hold his coffee up.

"For not crossing the line." He says and Kara grins, at least he has conserved that charisma so characteristic of him.

"For not crossing the line." She agrees and holds her cup of tea up, clicking both of the cups and smiling eagerly.

Kara smiles winningly, her maturity had won over. She knew she could do it, being friends with Grant while being in an intimate and with what she thought was a perfect relationship, was all she could ask for.

Destiny doesn't give you what you want, it gives you what you need.

-

[thoughts?.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 351 16
"I hate you and never want to see you again..." Bang bang "I am sorry about everything.. From now on you can be happy again.." "No...!! No..!! Ple...
2.6K 170 22
Disclaimer I don't own pictures shows or music
67K 756 22
welcome to '𝙁𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙄𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨' !! i didn't feel like writing a whole series so here is a few imagines<3 lowercase intended s...
63.1K 1.7K 34
NOTE: This is heavily based off "Two Halves, One Hero" (it's literally a continuation) It always sucks seeing old faces again...people who knew who y...