Perceptive

By thomasawyer

UPDATES ON EVERY TUESDAY! #EDITING Have you ever heard of dreams becoming reality? Reality becoming a ques... More

CH:1-THE DREAM
THE MORNING
THE COLLEGE
THE HIT
CH:2-THE BARGAIN
THE BUSINESS
THE CHASE:2
CH:3-THE EXHAUSTION
THE STROLL
THE RUDE ENCOUNTER
CH:4-THE CORPSE
THE SUSPECTS
THE CULPRIT
CH:5-THE HEATED ARGUMENT
THE DOCKYARD MYSTERY:1
THE DOCKYARD MYSTERY :2
CH:6-THE ACCIDENTAL GUARDIAN:1
THE ACCIDENTAL GUARDIAN:2
CH:7-THE ALASKA TRIP
THE GOLDMINE MYSTERY:1
THE GOLDMINE MYSTERY:2
THE UNEXPECTED ATTACK
Author's Note

THE CHASE

773 25 3
By thomasawyer

Chase dreams not people_ unknown.

#Needs Editing  Again

-----------------------------------------------------------

RACHEL RICHARD MOORE

Don't worry wade, I am the one who returns everything with interest, how will it be different for you. I will make it more memorable way possible which will make you realize that you hit a wrong person and not to forget, your forgotten manners.

You must be the richest man in the country but that doesn't stop me from showing you your right place.

Anger was still flaming in my eyes and soon meeting turned very boring as there was no wow factor in anything they presented, that I should accept. Next it was wade's turn things turned worse. Though the presentation was good, I was very obstinate to listen what he was presenting, I was marginally listening to him, all thanks to my damn big ego. Soon the presentation came to an end.

"I think it's perfectly fine Mr. Wade" Mr. Luther stated.

Thank god the meeting finally came to an end I thought. I am sick of listening to people.

"What do you think Miss Rachel?" Mr. Luther asked.

"Everything seemed to be fine then" I said.

"Alright then let's proceed for LR, wade and Richard corps tie up "Luther said.

Suddenly I lifted my gaze up to wade only to see a smirk plastered on his face.

Not so fast wade, not so fast, I thought.

Without even thinking I replied

"I said it seemed to be fine, but not fine and there is a difference."

"Care to explain?" Wade coolly asked.

Patience!

"What I mean is, that we are doing a business on nanotech, not on some kid's stationery stuff, I mean to say business doesn't run on hypothesis only, there need to be statistical analytics and clear research on risk management and I can't invest on something which doesn't have a backup Mr. Wade whatever "I said.

"And what knowledge you have about business Miss Moore can you please elaborate?" Wade countered.

That nerve of him!

There was silence everywhere and every one was in shock including me because what I said had a point, but I didn't even think before, all I said was like I already analysed it before, but it is not true. 

How can some random spontaneous statement can make eminent business delegates to think?

Looks like I have a lucky charm with me.

Wade wasn't struck with my questions, but he wasn't answering them either, whatever it is, I am happy with my play. Soon everyone came to a decision that wade crop should be given a chance to prove themselves and I agreed. I could see the colour on wade's face was fading off.

Everyone left leaving me and wade alone in the room. Happy with my decision I made my way out only to be confronted by that arrogant man.

"What do you think you are doing? "he sharply rasped.

"Finishing what you have started "I coolly replied.

"What? "he asked.

"Business Mr. "I winked.

He smirked.

"Now if you excuse me, I have an important work to do." I sighed with irritating expression on my face and went away.

"I will see what will you do if I mind "I heard him  murmur something like that.

xxxxx

THAT EVENING :

"You did the right thing "Mr. Luther said.

"I did what I need to "I replied.

"Don't worry Rachel, Bruce is a good man but you know he is obsessed with his work that's all. After all such determination is required to do successful business, I know he is bit self-cantered but still he is not a bad man" he said.

Determination my foot that rude idiot is stuffed with full of arrogance.

"What?" Luther asked.

 "Nothing" I said.

"Then, Mr. Luther we will talk about it later "I hung my phone.

"Hey, Rach what are you doing? "I heard Stacy's voice.

"Stacy! buddy, what are you doing here it's almost dinner time "I asked.

"Forgot? we have a movie tonight "Stacy said and I stared at her with an expression when did I promise?

"You promised" she said.

"Ok, fine we will go but what about the tickets " I said.

"Ready" she said.

Oh great! Now I am struck with her. 

Movies are good but I am in no mood to watch them today. Anyway...

"Then let's go" I said grabbing my leather jackets and two helmets one for me and other for Stacy.

Then we headed to my driveway, jumped on my Harley Davidson bike to ride for the multiplex.

NIGHT-12:40AM

"It was nice time " I said

"Yes it was" she said and we went to parking lot to collect my bike.

As we entered the lot we heard strange noises which were silenced after sometime.

We stopped for a minute and then continued our way towards my bike.

Meanwhile Stacy saw something scary and shouted

 " AAAAAAAh! "she screamed. 

" Rachel run "she said running and I followed her towards the road.

"What...ha... happened? "I asked gasping for air. 

"I saw few men with guns" she said panting with fright.

"What? "I said running fast as I could. Our running paced by hearing another sound of bullet shot.

"They are coming this way "I gestured to her eyes which were completely filled with fright.

.

.

.

UNKOWN POV:

"I know right now you are  in no mood to talk, at least try to acknowledge the people around you." I ranted.

"Ssh... he is sleeping." He shushed me.

"At last he is, he is growing up, he is starting to realize people's absence in his life. This is effecting him lately." I whispered remembering the fit he threw today.

"I will make it up to him" he said looking away.

"When are you planning to tell him everything?" I queried.

"When it is right time, he is not ready now" he said in a very low tone.

It sounded more like he was making peace with the storm within him.

"You have to tell him someday" I said in a worried tone.

It's difficult but it has to happen someday. He is still a child he will get over with it.

"I am glad that this is not that day" he sounded tired.

He gently put the child in bed and covered him with duvet.

"What about the reports?" I managed to ask though he is ignoring me like a plague.

"100% positive" his voice broke, it sounded more like he was talking to himself.

That left me in shock. I was speechless for a moment. 

"That's impossible, how?" I blurt.

How is that even possible? there was no chance.

I really feel bad for him. I can't imagine his pain. 

"How- I mean what will you do now"? I was anxious.

"For now, there is only one thing I can do, play my defence keeping it away from world. I want to take things slow and steady. My heart is convinced but not my mind, there is a missing thread, things are not falling into place, and this time its even beyond my logistics." He answered.

" I take it you are stopping your hunt" I was relieved.

Thanks goodness. I am glad after years he took this beautiful decision.

"No, I am just halting it and it's not over until I am done with them, every single one of them" he sounded calm.

"What?" I was terrified by his statement.

.

.

.

TO BE CONTINUED.............

___________________________________________________________________

A/N: Who do you think attacked Rachel?

Comment below.

Add the book to the library for further notifications.

REGARDS

TOM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Snatched By FayFay

Teen Fiction

32 1 7
Taylor Cole moves to California from Chicago to get a fresh start away from her old life & past mistakes. After her mom snags a new hip job and gets...
5.5K 812 26
F:- " Tell me where were you the whole night". I:- " Actually Mom, I fainted, a girl and her brother help me I was with them". I told the truth to th...
239K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...