๐ˆ๐ง ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐Œ๐ซ...

By T00NKI3

[a/n: **warning**: this is my first book, so excuse any grammatical errors and punctuation; it will be edited... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
37.5
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.

43. [Finale]

3.2K 130 38
By T00NKI3

Melanie Stephen

I went out to check the mailbox later on the next day, and started to flip through the junk mail until I reached a Manila envelope from the hospital with what I think is the DNA test results. I've been waiting for the results and I'm honestly scared. What if Miles isn't the father? What if it's Jayceon and honestly Jayceon is a really great guy, but I'm gonna feel bad if Miles isn't Nari's father.

I decided to wait to open the letter until Miles got home from work so then we both can be able to discuss plans if the results are out of our reach. I walked back inside the house to see Bridget and Jules chopping it up with Nari sleeping in her swing.

"So I got the results back today." I say as I took the seat in between them.

"*gasps* Okay and what did they say? Who's Nari's daddy?" Bridge asked while she sipped on her red wine.

"I don't know I haven't opened it up yet I'm gonna wait for Miles to get here, I'm so freakin' scared you guys."

"Babes whatever happens, whatever the results say, I'm pretty sure it won't decide the fait of your relationship between Miles and you or You with Jayceon. Explain to me why you even left Jayceon ass alone?"

I sigh as I popped a piece of chocolate in my mouth and began to chew. "Because I want to make things right with Miles. You just don't know what he does to me and let's not forget that he proposed to me. You think I'm ready to leave him now?"

They both were silent and I rolled my eyes. Everyone seems to think that I'm stupid for going back to him, but they don't know him like how I do. They think that he's gonna go back to doing the same thing that he did before and I honestly don't think he would after he poured his heart out to me. He's being completely honest with me this time at least that's what I feel.

"I know that you're not. I know how much you love him Melanie, but honestly what if he does the same thing again. Then what? You left Jayceon alone all to come back here and experience the same thing over again."

"Yeah Jules but he won't. I know that he won't. I have enough faith to know and I'm also going with my gut." I respond as I sip on my coffee. It's been months since I've last drank coffee since I've heard it's unhealthy to drink it while pregnant so guess who was getting pink drinks almost everyday to cope with the withdrawal 🙃.

Judging by Jules face she was disappointed in me, but I honestly don't even care because if I can recall I'm the one who's with Miles so if I decide to be with him then it's my decision I'm 25 so I'm well aware of the effects of my decisions by now.

"If he does then you know we're both here for you and Nari and I'm pretty sure Jayceon is too." Bridget said as she wrapped her hand around mine. I smiled up at her and softly patted her hand.

"I know that y'all are and that's why I love you both." I cheesed and pulled them into a hug.

"Well I think Jules and I should get going. Seems like she wants to take me out on a date tonight. She made reservations at this restaurant on peachtree."

These two? Going on a date? Finally Jules might just settle down and stop fucking with tom, dick, & harry.

"Aww so its official?"

"As it will ever be." Jules smiled. "I'm glad you introduced me to her, seems like you were a better matchmaker than me."

"Yeah I guess so."

-

"Baby I'm home!" Miles yelled as he entered the front door.

I placed the lid on the pot and turned it down to low as I walked away to greet him as always.

"You're so loud Miles. If you wake her you're gonna get her." I smile and stand on my tippy toes and placed a kiss on his lips. He smirked and proceeded to stick his tongue in my mouth and let his hands roam and land on my ass where he gripped it firmly.

"I missed you today." He pecked my lips once more before pulling away. "What you been doing all day?"

I went to the fridge and grabbed him a cold beer and slid it across the island to him. "I haven't really done much today besides tending to Nari almost every thirty minutes. This is the longest she's been asleep you think I should go see if she's okay?"

"Nah I'll go. Where's chase?"

"He's taking a bath. You know his teacher said his behavior is getting better lately. I'm proud of him."

After Ava's funeral, which I must say was very emotional for me because I didn't know she died on Nari's birth date, Chase is more quiet and to himself. He talks when he wants to, but he barely eats and is always in his room. I've told Miles that he should get him a therapist, but he says it'll be over soon. I just don't see how in the hell he expects a six year old to overcome loosing his mother at a tender age? If it were Miles he would react the same way which is why I took it amongst myself to look into a therapist for Chase.

"Yeah that's because he know he'll get his ass whooped if he come home on any other color than green."

Miles was always the one to discipline and it'll be that way once Nari gets older, that's if she's his child.

"Yeah, but I got the DNA test results back today." I say as I press my lips together waiting for his reaction.

It grew silent between us and he cut his eyes over at me and took a long sip from his beer.

"What it say. Go on and just tell it to me straight, Melanie."

"I-I haven't opened it yet. I was waiting for you to come home to share the information with you."

I looked down at the envelope in my hand and grabbed the letter opener nearby and proceeded to rip it open. It felt like my life decision laid in my hands on this piece of paper. It determines how Miles and I relationship will turn out, or if Jayceon will still be present in my life.

I pulled the paper out and skimmed through it looking for the final answer.

"In the case of Nari Noelle Ji, there is a 99.9% chance that the baby's father is...

Miles Carter.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you Jesus!" I screamed and jumped around in circles in the middle of the kitchen floor. Finally I got the answers that I've been waiting for, for months.

"What do it say Melanie?" He asked with nervousness written all over his face. I jumped over the island, landing on my knees, and stuck the paper in his face, watching his eyes travel the paper and his eyes grew big and curved up with happiness.

"Are you serious? She's mine?!" He says in disbelief. I nod and pull his face closer to mine and started kissing him roughly. You guys don't know how happy I am! I might've said a few times that I wanted Jayceon to be Nari's father and vice versa, but in reality I'm very happy with Miles.

This was the man that I started to work for eleven months ago. The one that became my boss, then a crush, and turned into my lover. That one meeting changed my life forever and I'm so grateful for that. Every couple has their ups and downs I mean that's what relationships are all about. I love Miles so much and nothing and nobody will change how I feel towards him.

Miles Carter

Damn she's mine! I knew she was mine from me just looking at her. She's gonna be daddy's baby girl and I loved her ever since I first laid eyes on her at the hospital. Melanie and I were in the middle of kissing when I stopped and pulled away from her.

"So...does this mean that we can pick up on what we had planned a couple months ago?"

"What are you talking about?" She asked with a smirk and her eyebrows raised.

I never gave the ring away since I still had hope in us being able to get married. You don't give up on the people that loved you and was there for you since day one. I slowly pulled it from my pants pocket and grabbed her hand, sliding it on her finger and watched as it glistened under the bright lights.

"I wanna still marry you. I want to make you Mrs. Carter...I'm gonna make you Mrs. Carter."

She let a huge smile spread on her make up free face and kissed me again only this time she pulled at my bottom lip when she pulled away.

"You know how much I love you, and this would've never happened if I didn't take that position in the beginning. It's funny how things fall into place down the line."

"I know and whenever you do decide to come back, I'm moving you up to COO. You'll be right there with me at every meeting helping me make decisions because I can't do anything without your voice."

"Are you serious right now?! Well who's taking my position?"

"Michael. I figure he's a good enough candidate and writer to move up a rank and he's been begging me to give it to him while you were away too."

She playfully rolled her eyes and smiled. "That little snake. It's fine though whatever position you offer me I'll be glad to accept."

"Hmmm really now? So you'll be happy with me putting you in the doggy style tonight right?"

She laughed and pecked my lips, running her thumb over my cheek and lips. "I'm perfectly fine with that position, and plenty of others."

We shared a laugh and I watched as she finished prepping our meal for tonight. I honestly feel like my family is complete. I have a healthy baby girl, I have another mini me that I'm happy I finally know, and I finally have my beautiful future wife back in my arms. I honestly couldn't ask for nothing else in life right now...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 6.7K 29
Genevieve is a shy and sweet 26 year old who recently moved to Manhattan, New York from Petersburg, Virginia for a job and a new life. She has grown...
205K 7.9K 36
Abuse, was all he did to me. Self-conscious, was all I felt. Long sleeves was all that covered the hideous marks on my body. That was my life.
473K 43.2K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
45K 1.5K 87
A relationship built on lies, cheating, abuse.........The worse situation anyone could ever be in. But will it work out or will things take a turn?