THERAPIST OF THE DAMNED- THE...

By linds2616

Dear Andrew, it has happened the thing that we all fear most. I was bitten just a few days ago. I know I have... More

Chapter 1- Introducing Marcus
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

115 10 15
By linds2616

.

     By the time I made it back home it was nearly one. I walked back into my room and took the vial out of my pocket. The neon glow of the purple liquid inside was quite lovely a very enticing color it looked delicious, but I knew better. 

I haven't had any need for its uniqueness in a while. The last time I acquired some was just because word had spread of its existence and I wanted to see if it actually worked. 

That was about twenty years ago, but I'm sure not much has changed in its taste or its side affects, both of which I would be enduring soon. I just had to wait for Andrew to leave for work which wouldn't be until eight.

 Andrew is like a son to me and best friend he became a part of my life when he was just 14 when I rescued him from his apartment building that was going up in flames.

 I saved him just in time, although the news reports would say otherwise. There were no other survivors Andrew's family included. I have been looking after him ever since. 

He's twenty-six now with a great job with possibly a promotion soon. I couldn't be prouder of him. We have been through a lot over the years always looking out for each other. 

I know he's going to hate me for the decision I've made . But I simply refuse to become one of those things those monsters, an Un-tydre as they are known to my kind, horrible mutated versions of our species.

 How ironic I thought all these years we were called monsters, evil ones, the silent killers that hid in the shadows of the night, and rightly so we still are, myself included. The things that I have done, and the innocents that I have claimed throughout my existence all in the name of hunger would make even the worst criminal on death row cower in fear.

 But now a new evil has emerged, and we only have ourselves to blame. Living like mini gods doing whatever we wanted to whom ever we wanted to do it to. This was our wake up call to make a change because if we don't we will not survive.

 The creaking sounds of the floor boards above me were all the motivation I needed to put the vial away in my lock box under my bed for later. Andrew was awake but why, it was way to early. I then heard him thudding along towards the basement door.

 He opened the door and turned on the light to see his way down the narrow steps. I was sitting silently on the bed. " Good morning" I called to him as he came around the corner. 

 "Oh good morning Marcus, sorry for barging in but I have to get some laundry done it just dawned on me that none of my work shirts are clean, do you mind if I use the machines?" as he gestured towards them to the side of the stairs. 

"No not at all have it." He threw his clothes in and started up the machine. He then let out a huge yawn while leaning against the wall.

 " Hey  I can see you're still tired so why don't you go back upstairs to sleep and I'll put the basket of clothes by your door when it's done."

"No it's ok,  I'm already awake so I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep anyways, so I think I'll head back upstairs and make some coffee. 

The sun won't be up anytime soon so you're welcome to join me if you like unless you have somewhere to go he said while staring at my zipped up jacket. 

 "Oh no actually I just got back, I had some business to deal with in the city." 

 He shrugged at my reply he could tell there was more, but he knew better than to pry any further he continued on, 

" Well I'm heading upstairs, the coffee won't make itself,  at least I didn't   program it to do so this early." 

 "I'll be up in a few" I said while smiling a little.

 I walked through the living room and into the kitchen. I pulled out a chair from the table and sat down. Andrew sat down across from me and placed a cup of coffee in front of me. 

"Here you go straight liquid mud just the way you like." 

"Thanks, so how's work been going, do you think you'll get the promotion,  I know the last time we spoke about it you said that your supervisor had recommended you to the higher ups."

 "Well yeah my sup did recommend me but I won't hear anything back till next Monday."

 He then got up and headed for the bread bag on the counter to make some toast " Would you like some?" he asks while picking up the bag.

 "Nah my breakfast in a cup is just fine."

 As he was putting the bread in the toaster I heard the buzzing of his cell from his room. "I ah think you have a phone call." 

 "Oh really who would be calling me this early?" 

 "It's probably just some telemarketer calling to congratulate you on the trip to Disneyland you just won."  

 " Yeah probably,  but I'd better go check anyway."

 He walked back into his room and shut the door. I could hear him answer the phone, the woman on the other end sounded upset about something she must have been crying as she sniffled her way through the words. 

 "Hi umm-  is this Andrew?" 

 "Yes this is Andrew, "Who is this?"

  "It's Stacy from the office, sorry to call you so early but I was told to call everyone to let them know that-  there's been an incident, and that the police are going to be at the office to question all employees today."

  "OK,  question us about what?" 

 "Sometime last night Mr Chorisdon was found dead outside of his penthouse."

 "Dear God! the CEO, " What happened?"

 "I'm not too sure on the details but from what I heard he was viciously attacked and killed inside his home and then thrown out his window from the 20th floor." 

 "Holy Sh-! ...  "How come work isn't just canceled for the day?" 

 "Good question,  but I guess like anything else the work isn't going to get itself done even in the midst of a tragedy." 

"There will be a more detailed briefing about it later today so if you have anymore questions you can ask them there." I have to go though,  lots of calls to make before I have to get my own self to work."

 "Thanks for calling Stacy,  I'll see you at the office later."

 Dam,  I do believe the preverbial Shit just hit the fan, I thought as I listened to the last of the conversation.

 I  then heard Andrew's door open in the hall, I got up and tried to look busy in the kitchen by turning on the water and washing a few dishes in the sink. He came over and sat at the table. He started to say something but I replied with,

 "Sorry I can't hear a thing over the running water."

  "Don't play Coy with me Marcus,  I know you heard me,  and I know you heard the conversation I had with Stacy." I could tell by his tone he was agitated with me this wasn't good, so I turned off the water and sat down across from him.

 " Sorry I was just trying to stay out of your business." 

 "It's Ok,  I just don't know why anyone would want to kill Mr Chorisdon? He seemed like a descent guy from the few times he came to the office for meetings. I've had short conversations with him and he's always been nice to me, professional but still nice."  

"I hate to ask you this but,  you didn't have anything to do with this did you?"

 " Really Andrew,  are you seriously asking me this? My temper setting was now on simmer as I glared at him waiting for a response.

 " Yes, I am asking you this, because number one I know how you get sometimes,  and number two you said yourself earlier that you had business to take care of in the city!"

 " Well that just tears it!"  I growled, hitting my fist on the table my eyes now intensely glowing like blue flames. 

 "I Confess! I Killed your Boss!  I Ripped him to pieces and then Air Dried him out the Window!" "Is that what you want to hear?" 

 "Ok, I get your point then tell me what you were doing in the city last night?" 

 "It's none of your business, but I didn't kill your boss,"  I said while walking away from him. 

 "Hey, where are you going?" 

"Back downstairs!  the sun will be up soon and your shirts need to go in the Dam dryer anyway!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 5.3K 22
'You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye And I got that red lip classic thing that you like And when we go crashing down, we come back ever...
1.7M 98.4K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...
5K 598 18
π‘·π’π’π’…π‘·π’‰π’–π’˜π’Šπ’ fanfic α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€«α‹ ထားပေးကြပါထုန်း... ထခုမှစရေးတာမို့ α€œα€­α€―α€‘α€­α€•α€Ία€α€»α€€α€Ία€›α€Ύα€­α€•α€«α€œα€­α€™α€·α€Ία€™α€šα€Ία€”α€±α€¬α€Ί α€”α€¬α€œα€Šα€Ίβ€Œα€α€½α€„α€·α€Ία€œα€½α€Ύα€α€Ία€•α€±α€Έα€€α€Όα€•α€«α‹ [ * PondPhuwin ကိုထိခိုက်...
2.6K 131 4
What if the Sirius Black had a daughter? What if the day James and Lily Potter died, Alexia Black disappeared? What if she was now living in Mystic...