The Commander's Legacy - MxM

By Shifting2wolf

War changes many lives and not all of those changes have a happy ending. When an ambush during a Seal mission... More

The Commander's Legacy - MxM
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Bearer of bad news
Chapter 2 - Meet the Martinez'
Chapter 3 - Little Surprises
Chapter 4 - Bonding with the family
Chapter 5 - Taking baby steps
Chapter 6 - Pawns on a battlefield
Chapter 7 - Cyber Attack
Chapter 8 - Viper
Chapter 10 - Dangerous games
Chapter 11 - Serious matters
Chapter 12 - A watchful eye
Chapter 13 - Simple pawns
Chapter 14 - Danger Close
Chapter 15 - Aim for the head
Chapter 16 - Bullet through the heart
Intel for Chapter 17
Chapter 17 - The Black Sun
Chapter 18 - Free fall through the ranks
Chapter 19 - (Dis)Honorably discharged
Chapter 20 - Four SEALs and a family
Epilogue

Chapter 9 - Crazy woman

25.2K 1.1K 100
By Shifting2wolf

---Josh’s POV---

My breath came out in controlled pants as I kept my pace up. My eyes were trained forwards before I huffed as I heard the door to the basement being opened and Declan stepped in the small gym.

He noticed me on the treadmill and rolled his eyes slightly before he hopped onto the one beside me. “Let me get warmed up and then I’m gonna wipe the floor with you.” I smirked teasingly and shook my head, rubbing the damp hair out of my face.

“Fat chance of that ever happening.” I stated, getting a challenging look as a response before Declan started in a quick walk, soon jogging swiftly beside me. Only a few minutes later, both of us were flat out running in large strides, trying to outlast the other. We have done this back at the base, though there we ran laps and waited to see who would drop out first.

Sweat was dripping down my face and rolling over my slicked arms before I huffed and peeled the shirt off, throwing it off me and enjoying the brief coolness with closed eyes before I heard the doors open and a small gasp run through the air.

“Damn…”

I glanced to the side and smirked slightly as Davy stood in the middle of the doorway, hindering his brother slightly as they both had their eyes on us. I could almost feel Davy’s eyes on me as they slowly scanned over my body, lingering at my rippling abs and trailing downwards.

A smirk slipped on my face as I winked at him when he finally managed to rip his eyes off my body and aimed them at my face. Judging from the way he licked his lips as he eyed me as if he wanted to completely undress me, he was having his wicked ways with me.

And God help me, did I want those thoughts to come true. Sadly, I had to stop him and myself from getting lost in this, though I was slowly loosing the battle. After his last tease with the shirt, I had found him when he was walking through the hallways and had thrown him over my shoulder before getting us to his room

My lips curled up into a more hungry expression as I thought back of those moments of heated passion. We didn’t go all the way but let’s just say that Davy’s efforts to make me think differently about going further had been doubled after that.

I glanced back at him and chuckled as he made his way through the gym without taking his eyes of me, nearly colliding in the devices in the process. To be truthful, I loved it when he was in his teasing mood, tempting me beyond words.

Right now though, Sage simply sighed before shaking his head with an amused grin as he grabbed Davy firmly by the ear and pulled him further away from us. “Ow! Yes, that’s attached!” Davy growled before rubbing his ear when Sage let go of him.

“You’re distracting their training but that’s not the point. I thought you and I were going to get a work out.” I perked up at that, keeping my ears waiting for the response as I changed a meaningful glance with Declan, who had to tear his eyes of his boy.

Ah Mother, if only you were here to see this…I shook my head slightly before smirking when Declan stopped to towel himself dry. Rather not; I had a feeling that he’d kick our asses for even thinking about going after his sons without asking him first.

“Ah…” Davy tore his gaze from my body as I stepped of the treadmill and shuttered slightly. “Sure…Two out of three?” he asked whilst moving towards the padded floors, shrugging his shirt off in the process. Declan snorted beside me before he leaned closer to me.

“You’re drooling.” He chuckled, making me scowl whilst rubbing a hand over my mouth, just to be sure. “Like you’re one to talk.” I laughed softly, leaning on his shoulder as I motioned playfully towards Sage, who was also unbuttoning his shirt.

Declan’s eyes glazed over as he gawked at his man and I had to admit, Sage was quite the view but not quite like my man. We both watched them curiously as they toed their shoes off, Davy literally kicking them off his feet and chuckling as they flew quite an end, before they faced each other on the middle of the cleared floor.

“Hold on, you guys are going to fight?” Declan asked, stopping them in the process, which actually made me scowl. Didn’t he want to see them get all sweaty and pumped in front of us?

“Uh, yeah? That’s the whole point of having this section cleared from any hard surfaces?” Davy stated sarcastically, making Sage roll his eyes before he smacked him on the back of his head. “Be nice.”

Davy scowled, rubbing his head before pouncing on Sage, who obviously expected the move and ducked as his younger brother rolled over his back. Davy reached for Sage’s wrist and tried to get his arm in a tight grip behind Sage’s back, but he reacted by spinning out of the hold and shoving Davy away.

I widened my eyes with an appreciative hum, realizing that Mother must have thought his boys the basics of martial arts. My eyes were pulled back to Davy’s twitching muscles on his lean body while he stalked around his brother, as if he was the predator and Sage the prey.

Declan smiled and tilted his head to the side as he brushed his towel through his hair before going around the fighting pair, eyes flashing from side to side to keep his eyes on them both.

When he eyed me pointedly, I got what he wanted and moved so I was directly on the other side of him. Sharing a look again, we both aimed at our targets and jumped into the fight, making Sage yelp in surprise before he slipped in between Declan’s legs and slid to safety.

Davy, however, was wrapped in in a tight embrace against my chest before I chuckled lowly when he started wriggling to get loose. “What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Start your own fight!”

A chuckle filled the room as Declan shook his head. “We did; we were trying to see how you’d act to an unexpected attack.” He stepped back to avoid the lunge from Sage, who was surprisingly gaining the upper hand of the fight as he forced Declan to step back.

“Seems like you failed, hmmm?” I hummed in Davy’s ear, gaining a shiver as a response that made me smirk widely. Sage glanced at us before smirked and shook his head, narrowly evading Declan before he was floored a laughing Declan leaning down on his chest with his arms pressed on Sage’s collar bones.

Sage huffed and accepted Declan’s hand before he got a hold of his stuff and walked towards the door, with Declan in tow. Just before he left, he shot a look over his shoulder and smiled. “Go easy on him.”

I blinked before smiling, thinking he meant me but that was before a hand pulled my right leg off the floor while Davy kicked the left one to the side, forcing me to drop him or slide into a painful split.

A grunt slipped from me as I quickly kicked Davy’s legs out from under him as I went down before rolling over him, pinning him down with my hands while I managed to pin one of his legs with my thigh, the other squeezed in between my legs.

“Never celebrate before your enemy is down.” I stated sternly, knowing that Davy had internally thought he’d won, judging by the look of surprise in his eyes. He blinked, huffing as he tried to pull his hands out of my hold before he sighed.

“You’re making a mistake.” He said, which made me pull back slightly to look closely at him. His foot trailed up my leg, going higher and higher towards more sensitive skin before halting, wiggling his toes against my skin.

I raised both eyebrows, wondering what he was planning to do before he chuckled. “Let’s make a bet, shall we? If I can get out of your hold and best you in this fight, You owe me a favor. If not, it’s the other way around.” The surprise was evident in my expressions, along with a bit of doubt.

Come on, I’m a Seal, I’ve been trained for up and close combat so losing wasn’t in the picture. Davy wriggled slightly before I nodded, smiling brightly as he wriggled again but hissed when he tried to shove me off him by bucking his hips up.

It didn’t hurt, but I wished it did because now I was struggling to keep my emotions at bay. Every twist and turn of Davy’s body made his muscles clench and flex, drawing my eyes down to his well-formed abs. He grunted and bucked his hips upwards again, frowning before he looked up at me.

I bit my lip as he testily wriggled with his hips before he smirked widely when he felt I was more than excited. Or rather, we both felt our hard lengths press together intimately, which made me realize that I wasn’t the only one getting excited over our play fight.

I have to break this up before I lose it and forget the reason why I’m holding back.

Clearing my throat, I started to say, “Okay, I guess I’m the win-“ my voice choked as Davy managed to pry his leg loose before he jabbed it in my lower back, grinding my hips against his. A sweet mewl escaped his throat before he reached up and captured my lips with his.

I groaned in his mouth when he sharply bit down on my lip, pulling at it before his tongue explored my mouth. Not one to be outdone, I shoved my own tongue in his mouth, groaning as his taste exploded on my tongue.

The kiss started to get even more heated whilst I slowly rubbed the skin on his wrist, sighing as he grinded his hips up again. His copper curls stuck to his forehead while he moaned softly as I pulled back from the kiss.

What I didn’t expect to happen next was from Davy to rip his hands out of my loosened hold or to spin us around so that he was straddling me, effectively sitting on my straining erection while he pressed his fingertips on my Adam’s apple, which bobbed under his touch.

“One strike here will be very painful for you, a punch here might knock you out,” he stated, rubbing his knuckles against my temple before his fist landed loosely on my chest, right above my heart. “And if I apply what I’ve learned from ninjutsu, I can force your heart to stop.”

I stared at him wide eyed, my chest heaving underneath him as I tried to catch my breath. Davy’s eyes flashed in amusement before he leaned forwards, purposefully shifting his hips so that I’d groan out at the friction it brought along with it.

“You lose…you’re all mine now.” He smirked wickedly as his finger slowly trailed a path from my throat down towards my chest before he captured my lips again. There was one niggling thought in the back of my head that was slowly being pushed away with each stroke of Davy’s lips.

Remind me why I should stop him?

---Sage’s POV---

I glanced at the clock in the kitchen and shook my head when I realized that Davy and Josh hadn’t come back from the gym, and that was a few hours ago. Declan noticed my glance and looked as well before snorting. “Well, I’m guessing we aren’t going to see those two again for a while.”

My mouth opened, ready to reply but instead, the doorbell ringed a few times, making me frown in confusion. I didn’t expect anyone and neither were the others so who… My feet were already moving towards the front door when Declan gently grabbed my wrist before I was far enough.

“Do you know who’s here?” He whispered and I chuckled softly with amusement. “No, that’s why I’m going to open the door to find out who’s there.” I added slowly, as if talking to a child. Declan snorted and playfully shoved me away before following me to the door.

I was thankful for that, because as soon as I opened the door, I was shell-shocked. I didn’t expect her here, of all people, to come knocking at my door. My hand tightened on the wood as the thought of smacking the door in her overly primed face popped up.

Declan stepped beside me when I didn’t react, looking from me to the woman standing there, until she tapped forwards on her ridiculous high heels. In a way, I was glad Davy was preoccupied with Josh because if he was here, we would’ve been prying him off of our mother.

Her expression was solemn, but the excited glint in her eye contrasted the sadness as she started, “Sage dear, I’m so, so sorry of what happened to-“ My fingers tightened even more while I pulled my back straighter and narrowed my eyes at her.

“Why are you here, Miranda? I think Dad made it clear that you aren’t to step one toe on our property.” She frowned slightly, straightening up from her slightly bend position, as if she had been wanting to give me a hug. I knew for what she had really traveled cross-country.

Money.

“Sage, honey, don’t act so childish. I am your mother.” She said, lips pulling together in a firm line. I knew she wanted to snap at me, but she was hoping she could go home with a pretty penny…or even shove us out our house and claim it as her own.

“No Miranda, you listen. You’ve tossed every right to claim yourself as out mother out of the window when you cheated on dad behind his back, not to mention the fact that you were milking his bank account and sending it to several of your own, spread out over the world.”

I couldn’t help the small, satisfied smile that twitched over my lips while I chuckled. “It’s painful to see all that money and not being able to reach it, right?” Her eyes widened while Declan glanced at me before smiling as he understood what I meant. I wasn’t talking about the house or heritage that father left us behind; unbeknownst to Miranda, I had simply blocked all of her accounts and was slowly donating the money she stole to charity.

Miranda’s face was turning a blotchy red under her bleached hair, which she tossed over her shoulder with a sharp headspin before she pinned me down with a glare. “Look here, you little shit, I’ve been through hell and back by giving you little brats life and this is what I get? A  simple letter to inform me that Ashton died and left me with nothing?

Declan’s fists were shaking beside his side as I nodded my head. “That’s exactly what you’re going to get here Miranda. Nothing, because unlike what you think, you gave us exactly that. You only birthed us, you could’ve been a donor for all I care because when I try to remember the face of my mother during childhood, the only ones I envision are those of the nannies that raised us beside dad. You were out with your boy-toys.”

“You…You little-“ She raised her hand, as if to slap me across the cheek but Declan stepped forwards, pulling Miranda’s attention back to him as he stepped in front of me. “And who are you, his fucking bodyguard? Get out of my face.” She hissed, her blue eyes burning with disgust while Declan took another step forwards.

“No, I’m the guy who’s going to toss you off this property and on the street if you don’t leave right now. And if I have to force you to leave, I’ll be making your life a living nightmare, Ashton told me about you. Every. Single. Detail. It wouldn’t be hard to make sure that everything you have and everything you ever wished for turns into dust.”

She paled at that, taking a wobbly step back. “You- You wouldn’t!” Declan only replied by raising one eyebrow and took a threatening step forwards. Miranda huffed and flared over his shoulder at me. “Don’t even think to call me when you need help. I don’t ever want to be associated with you, you or the other brats. I’m not your Mother anymore.”

“You never were.” I replied without any emotion in my voice before pulling Declan back inside and slammed the door in her face. She shrieked in anger, pounding away on the door with her fists as I rolled my eyes and walked back to the living room.

Declan was still staring at the door as if he couldn’t believe the last five minutes before he blinked and rushed after me. “That crazy…she’s your mother?” I nodded once, not wanting to talk about it anymore but I knew Declan would have questions.

He shook his head slightly as we both sat in the soft couch, looking up when Richard popped his head inside. “Who was it?” Declan frowned slightly and shook his head. “Their crazy bitch of a mother. She obviously wanted the money that Mother left them behind.”

Richard frowned before walking in with his tabloid, starting to type away before his frown deepened as he read more and more. “Is she for real? But I don’t understand why she’s donating to charity.”

I smirked and laughed. “That’d be me ghosting her accounts and stealing back what she stole from dad. I don’t want her money though, so I sent it through to charities.” I shrugged, smiling as Richard busted out laughing while Declan pulled me closer, taking in a deep breath.

Before Richard could calm down, we heard another knock and I rolled my eyes, frowning as the knocking grew a bit more insistent when we ignored it. Gosh, I hope it wasn’t that crazy woman again, or I’d do worse than steal the money back.

Why was it that whenever I wanted to have a calm day, life would throw me a curve ball?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 9.5K 37
15 years after the Third World War and Undorn's citizens still feel it's aftermath. Mandatory non-electric hours are still implemented to conserve th...
3.7K 223 9
Hayden West is 17 years old, openly gay guy who lives with his younger 7 year old twin brothers, Hadley and Harper West. Hayden takes care of his you...
76.2K 4.1K 26
It was a battle long fought. No one was winning, but no one was willing to stand back either. We were being hunted, hunted because we cried. Or smile...
10.7K 377 12
Aiden has been able to see ghost since he was a little boy which makes him an outsider to people who don't understand his gift. The only person that...