Moonlight's embrace: A Harry...

Da moonlit_dewdrops

Luna has had feelings for Neville ever since they met in the cart, pulled by thestrals. In the following mon... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Epilogue

Chapter 7

19 0 0
Da moonlit_dewdrops

NOTE: Some of the quotes were taken from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book!!

"Is that Harry?"

"HE's back! Hermione and Ron too!" Luna turns away from where she was practicing dueling with Ginny and Cho.

She forces her way through the crowd of people who were at the back of the room. Harry was addressing everyone in the room.

"What are we going to do, then Harry?" asked Seamus. "What's the plan?

"Plan?" repeats Harry. "We need to do something and then leave."

"Leave?" Neville echoes. "What do you mean, leave?

"We haven't come back to stay," Harry says. "There's something important we need to do-"

"What is it?"

"I- I can't tell you."

There was a rippling of muttering in response.

"Why? It's something to do with fighting You-Know-who, right?"

"Well,yeah-"

"Then we'll help you!" Luna pushes her way next to him.The rest of Dumbledore's army nod in agreement.

"We've got to do it alone," Harry insisted.

"Why?" Neville demanded.

"Because Dumbledore left the three of us a job...he only wanted us three to do it. "

"We're his army," Luna pipes up. "Dumbledore's army. We were all in it together."

" I don't see why you can't trust us. Everyone in this room's been fighting and they've been driven in here. Everyone in here's proven they are loyal to Dumbledore-loyal to you," Neville added.

Harry looked frustrated. "Listen," he said, his voice rising in panic, "I'm sorry, but there's something we've got to do, and then-"

"So you're going to leave us in this mess?" Michael Corner demanded.

"No," said Ron. "What we're doing will benefit everyone in the end, it's all about trying to get rid of You-know-who-"

"Then let us help!" Neville says angrily. We want to be a part of it." As he spoke, there was another noise behind them and Ginny, Fred, George and Lee Jordan climbed into the room. 

"We're fighting aren't we?" said Fred, taking out his fake Galleon.

"Alright," Harry said at last. "You can help," Hermione mutters something to Ron and Harry, but Luna could not make out what it was. She sees Harry and Ron nod in agreement and Harry turns his attention back to them. 

"We need to find something that'll help us win this war. It's here at Hogwarts, but we don't know where. It might have belonged to Ravenclaw." He glanced over at Luna and the other Ravenclaws. 

"Well, there's her lost diadem. Remember I told you about it?" Daddy's trying to duplicate it."

"But it is lost," Michael Corner pointed out. 

"Centuries ago," Cho adds. Luna immediately sees the disappointment in Harry's eyes. "I can show you what it looks like. There's a statue of Ravenclaw in our common room wearing a diadem."

"I'll take you there," Luna says. "I know someone who can help." Harry nods and follows her. 

Luna takes the lead towards a  small cupboard that opened into a steep staircase. They pull out their wands to create an illuminating light in the staircase. They continue on until they reach a  door. There was no handle and no keyhole, nothing but a plain expanse of aged wood, and a bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle. Luna reaches out hand and knocks once. At once, the beak of the eagle opens and a soft musical voice comes out of it.

"What came first, the Phoenix or the flame?" it said. Luna thinks for a long time then finally found her answer.

"I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning."

"Well reasoned." The eagle says and the door swing opened. The Ravenclaw common room was deserted. Harry immediately goes over to the statue of Ravenclaw and stood to examine the statue. 

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure." He read.

"Which makes you a pretty skint, witless," said a cackling voice. Luna whipped around, her wand at the ready just as she saw the figure of Alecto Carrow and her hand raising to press a finger against her forearm. 

"Stupefy!" Luna shouts, knowing that her intentions were to call Voldemort. Aleto slumped to the ground unconscious just as echoing footsteps came from the ceiling above them. Harry seizesLuna and pulls her under his invisibility cloak. A stream of Ravenclaws from the dorms step into the room and surround Alecto's body. One of them bravely pokes her with his big toe.

"I think she might be dead!" He shouts in delight. The other Ravenclaws let out tiny shouts of delight.  There was a rap on the door and every Ravenclaw instantly fell silent, their terrified eyes on the door. 

"Where do Vanished objects go?"

"I don't care!" An uncouth voice snapped. Luna recognized the tone of Alecto's brother Amycus. "Alecto? Are there you there? Have you got Potter?" There was a series of loud bangs.  Several Ravenclaws scrambled up the stairs in fright. 

"May I asked what you are doing, Professor Carrow?" Professor Mcgonagall! Oh please stun him!  But Luna knew she would never do that, especially not with the army of death eaters waiting outside the crumbling wall of Hogwarts. 

"Just open this door!" Amycus snapped. A cold rush of anger rushes through Luna at the disrespectful tone he used towards her teacher. 

"Where do Vanished objects go?"

"Into nonbeing, which is to say, everything," replied Professor McGonaagall.

"Nicely phrased," replied the eagle door knocker and the door swings open. Amycus took one look at his sister and starts yelling. 

"The Dark lord thinks we've got Potter! She sent for him and now he's not here. He'll kill us both!"

"Potter? What do you mean?" Professor McGonagall said sharply.

"He told us Potter might try and get inside Ravenclaw Tower and to send for him if we caught him."

"Why would Potter try to get into Ravenclaw Tower? He belongs in my house!" Luna could hear a little strain of pride in her voice. 

"We can push it off on the kids," Amycus says gleefully. "Say Alecto was ambushed by them and forced her to press her mark. He can punish them." The rage she had never felt before shoots through her and she was half tempted to slip out and curse him, but Harry grips her hand tightly and shook his head. 

"I will not allow you to harm any more students." 

"You are not in charge anymore, Minerva. We are in charge now." He spat in her face. Luna felt Harry pull the cloak off himself. 

"Crucio!" Luna flinches as the death eater was lifted off his feet. He writhes in pain for a few seconds then crumbled to the ground.

"Potter!"  Professor McGonagall whispers. "You're here! How? Potter, that was foolish!"

"Yes, it was. But Voldemort is on the way." 

"You must flee. Now!"

"I can't," Harry says calmly. "There's something I need to do, Professor. Do you know where the diadem of Ravenclaw is?"

"Of course not! It has been lost for centuries!" As she spoke, Luna saw Amycus stir. 

"Imperio!" Professor Mcgonagall mutters Luna watched as Amycus hands over his wand and lays back down next to his sister. As they descend down the stairs, Harry pulls the cloak over them once more as more footsteps approach them, coming up the stairs. Luna did not see who it was, but she felt Harry's body tense up. 

"Have you seen Harry Potter, Minerva? Because if you have, I must insist-" Snape's voice was cut off as there was a large movement in front of them. Luna was dragged out of the way just as a ring of flames flew past them. 

"Minerva!" Professor Fliwick and Professor's Sprouts sprinted up the corridor toward them.

"You will do no more murder at Hogwarts" He squeals raising his wand. Luna was pulled down again and she did not see more of the battle, only the sound of metal. Then Snape runs past them with McGonagall, Flitwick and Sprout shouting after him. 

"What happened?" Luna demanded, but Harry does not answer. Just then, she felt a vibration in her pocket. She reached in and pulled out the fake galleon. There were tiny words written on it.

Main hall, now!

I'm sorry, Harry, but I need to go!" Fear for Neville was pushing Luna away from Harry. He turns and nodded at her and hurried away. "You can find the Gray lady if you go down taht flight of stairs and take a left."

"Be careful!" He yells as they parted ways. Luna stuns a death eater on her way and cast a full-body bind on another one. A hooded figure glides towards her. Gulping, Luna thinks up the happiest memory she could think of.  She was standing on the beach looking out at the sea. Neville was next to her and they were smiling and watching a girl with dark brown hair laughing... 

"Expecto patronum!" She shouted. A hare flew out of the tip of her hand and ran at the dementor as if it had horns. It was glowing so brightly that Luna had to shield her eyes and barely saw as the dementor fled. Seamus, Lavender, and Dean hurried towards her, their faces battered and bruised.

"That was amazing, Luna! I've never seen a patronus so bright!"

 "It must have been a really good memory!"

"Guys, I don't have time. We need to help fight,"Luna pants. As she spoke a couple more death eaters advance on them. Seamus stuns one and Dean dodges to one side as a killing curse was aimed at him. Luna threw a full body bind at the death eater but missed. Hands grab her and pulled to her one side just as a streak of green flashed past her hair.

"Thanks, Lavender," She gasped, a jolt going through her as she realized how close she had come to being hit. There were not many death eaters stationed inside the school, so they were outnumbered, but Luna did not know how long the force field would last

"We need reinforcements!" A voice yells from afar. Seamus and Dean run off,  cursing death eaters as they ran. Some students were on broomsticks throwing rocks or using their wands as well. 

   "Luna, Ginny says the bridge needs to have a couple more hands. I'm going to go. Be careful!" Neville runs past her as he speaks. He looks into her eyes for a long time before leaving. Luna watches him go, fear tight in her belly, but soon turns her attention back to fighting.     

 "Luna! Over here!" Cho waves her hands at her and Luna hurries over. A girl laid injured on the bed next to her. With a jolt of realization, Luna saw that the girl was much younger than her, perhaps even a first-year student.Madam Promfrey hurrys over, shooing both of them away as she tends to the girl's injuries. A loud shout sounded from above.

"The barrier!" Luna looks up to see thousands of sparkling lights hitting the force field. Death eaters and students alike stop to watch; students with a look of horror while death eaters had a look of triumph on their faces. Finally, a very large ball of light slammed into the force field, and it began to crumble. Students scream in fear, but they were cut off as Death eaters lashed out at them. Luna grabs Cho's hands and they began running back into the school.  More Death eaters poured in, including trolls and spiders. Spells flew over their heads just as they reach the school. Aberforth steps forward and knocks them back with a huge shield. For a split second,  she catches sight of Harry, Hermione and Ron slipping their way through the chaotic battle, but they had gone before she was sure. 

"Pay attention!" Cho hisses into her ear, pulling her to one side as a death eater tried to stun her.  Cho blasted him away with a spell and Luna quickly knocked down a female death eater who had been advancing on another student. 

"Fred!" A cry of anguish echoes in Luna's ear. She turned towards the sound and saw Percy, Ron's oldest brother standing over the body of another red-haired boy. No!

"Come on!" Cho grabbed her arm and they ran up the stairs to the upper part of the school. "They need more reinforcements at the front of the school in the main courtyard!" They knocked down a few more death eaters along the way. Luna's leg collapses from under her as a death eater knocks her down. She rolls off to one side to avoid another curse, but finds herself trapped against a wall. Cho was struggling to fight two death eaters at once, so she could not come to her aid. Luna fumbles for her wand, but the death eater was already pointing hers at Luna. Just as Luna grabs hold of her wand, a jet of red light slams the death eater into the ground. Another jet of light knocks away a death eater who had had Cho in a headlock. Luna turned her head to see Neville, Ginny, and Lavender pointing their wands out. Neville helps Luna to her feet while Ginny helped Cho. The death eaters had gotten to their feet again and two more had joined them, their face full of hate and viciousness. Luna and her friends advanced on them with confidence. When they were done, the death eaters were buried under a pile of rocks. 

"We need to go help the others," Neville says firmly, his eyes resting briefly on Luna. She did not question his seriousness, but only came to his side. She could see blood running down his face.

"Are you ok? What happened?" Luna asks.

"I kinda almost fell off when I made the bridge break.." Neville said sheepishly, "But I managed to climb back up."Luna bit her lips to keep herself from laughing but a wave of relief flooded over her as well. 

"We will keep fighting or die trying," Luna tells him. They began running down the stairs. But as they ran, a voice spoke out, making everyone freeze in their tracks. Cho covered her ears and sank down to the ground as she realized who it was. Luna, however, only stared up at the sky, her eyes surprisingly calm. Voldemort's voice was echoing throughout the school grounds. 

"You've have fought valiantly, but in vain...every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste....I, therefore, command my forces to retreat.. treat your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you instead of yourselves...Meet me in the forbidden forest at midnight or I shall kill every man, women, and children.." The voice dies away. Her friends were murmuring anxiously to each other next to her. They slow down their pace as they head towards the hall. Luna scans the hall for Ginny, who had run off ahead and sees her surrounded by her family. She was crying softly as she stares down at her brother's body.  Luna comes over and wraps an arm around her shoulder. Fred... Luna hugs her tighter as her own tears began spilling down her cheeks. Whatever strength she had felt during the battle had disappeared as she let her grief take over. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

9.8K 197 7
The year after the war, Hermione returns alone to finish her last year at Hogwarts and nothing seems to be going as planned. With Ron in London and H...
261K 8.8K 43
[COMPLETED] Draco Malfoy is an ex Death Eater. Everyone knows this, and no one forgets. He returns for his seventh year at Hogwarts hoping for a fres...
55.1K 2K 54
Harry signs up for more than he bargains for when he agrees to mentor Luna through her seventh year at Hogwarts While also teaching Defense against t...
30.5K 856 30
Jocie has always had a small crush on Harry, but he never cared to notice her, until recently. Things seem to be going great between them, but they q...