Another World

By idomogeek

A young girl gets into a car accident and wakes up in the middle of a road with no memory of who or where she... More

One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve

Four

11.8K 42 10
By idomogeek

I woke up, with my hands still wrapped around my belly. My dad was sitting in the corner of the room, asleep with his arms crossed and head against the wall.

I bit my lip and looked around the room. It was all dark, but I could vaguely see that there was a stuffed looking bag with different names of cities all over it in rainbow colors next to his chair.

I sat up, trying not to be too noisy and put on a pair of tracksuit blue bottoms and a baggy grey shirt that had a white zebra on it that were by my bed.

There was a loud groan from the other side of the room and walked out of the room, leaving the lights off so he could sleep a little more.

I don’t know exactly why I left. I guess I just wanted to go exploring… who am I kidding? I didn’t want to know what my dad was going to say. After mom and dad had stormed out of the room, I was sort of scared to speak to them.

I walked down the hall, just like I had done two days ago and turned the corner. There were people everywhere. I walked down to the end of the corridor and came to some stairs.

Up or down? Hmmm. Up I guess.

I went up and came to a big hall filled with people. Some were sleeping, others were drinking coffee. There was a receptionist in the middle of the room with a blonde lady looking through some files. The chairs with people were behind her in a U-shape.

I scratched my head not quite knowing what to do. There were some more corridors, one straight ahead past the group of people and one to my left and right.

The receptionist looked up and caught my eye just as my stomach made a rumbling noise.

“Are you alright?” she asked sweetly with a loving smile

“Hi.” I said awkwardly as I walked up to her “I was just wondering, can I get something to eat around here? I’m sort of starving.”

“But of course the canteen is just to your left and down the hall. Just tell the guys there you’re a patient and they’ll whip you up something delicious.”

“Thanks!” I said as I paced away

Come on baby. Let’s go get some food.

I half-walked half-ran down the corridor away everyone who looked up. There was a snack machine filled with Cadburry’s, Bounty’s and Marsbars.

I want it. A voice in my head said.

I walked up to the machine and put my hands against the glass. Shit, I don’t have any money.

“What ya looking for?” I turned around, shocked, to see a tall guy with brown wavy hair that perfectly shaped his face staring at me with a beautiful pair of brown eyes. He was sort of American model looking.

“I’m not sure yet” I said awkwardly looking down at the floor

“How can you not remember me?” He laughed

“I’m sorry, who are you?” I grinned, this guy was cool

“My name’s Liam, I’m one fifth of One Direction.” He smiled

Zayn’s band. Now I remembered, he was one of the guys standing behind Zayn when he came to see me.

“Ohh, we’ll it’s nice to meet you… I guess.” I said happily, half-laughing at my weirdness

“Do you need some money? You’re going to have to start eating more.” He laughed as he got out his brown wallet

“Wait… you know… about that thing?” I whispered with scared eyes. I looked around to make sure nobody could hear us.

“Of course I know!  Zayn told us right after Nicole told him; unfortunately he didn’t take it all too well.”

“Is he like… pissed at me?”

Please don’t hate me. He and Nicole seemed to be the only two who had cared about me up until now. Mom and dad already hate me, they think I’m a filthy whore.

“No are you crazy? He loves you more than anything!” Liam half-shouted causing people around us to stare angrily

He loves me.

I smiled and could feel my cheeks burning up.

Liam chuckled and put a few coins in the machine. I pressed number 6 and a yellow M&M packet came tumbling down from its place.

I opened the packet and took out a red M&M, chucked it in my mouth and began to chew.

“Want one?” I asked as I held the packet out to Liam

“No that’s fine. You must be starving.”

“Hospital food is so gross, last night I had to eat this tomato soup that seriously tasted like someone had spat in it.”

Liam let out a cute baby laugh and crossed his arms

“Yeah, I remember that. I’ve been in the hospital far too many times”

“Really… why?”

“One of my kidneys doesn’t work, when I was little I had to have tons of operations and had to get hospitalized a lot.”

“That’s so sad, I’m sorry.”

“No no it’s fine, I’m alive aren’t I?” Liam laughed

We both grinned like idiots for a while and stood around as I ate my M&M’s.

“HAZZA LOOK WHAT I FOUND” Liam screamed at the top of his lungs caused me to jump half a mile into the air.

“THERE YOU ARE! I’LL GO GET THE OTHERS!” A curly haired guy screamed back

“OKAY!” Liam shouted across the hall

“You do realize were not alone right?” I whispered as I looked around to see half a dozen old people gives me death stares.

“Oh. Oops” Liam laughed, completely ignoring them “Come on lets go”

We began walking to the other end of the hall. I saw Harry and two other guys turn the corner from behind Harry; a cute French looking brunette and an adorable blonde guy.

Then Zayn appeared from behind them. He was like a mountain. His eyes had dark circles under them and he looked as if someone had just died. He opened his arms as he ran up to me and pulled me into a loving bear hug and rested his head in my neck. My head just came over his shoulder as I felt his body begin shaking.

I held him close for a while. His aftershave smelled really good and I just felt so extremely comfortable there.

I lifted my head of his shoulder and whispered in his ear:

“Come on, up to the roof… we should talk”

I grabbed his hands and pulled him after me as we paced up towards the stairs. I felt like I belonged in a movie, holding my boyfriends hand whilst running around a hospital. I began to laugh to myself, but felt horrible as I saw Zayn’s face covered in tears.

We had been sitting on the floor of the rooftop for a few minutes now, but we hadn’t said anything. I watched as Zayn fiddled with his fingers and ruffled his hair.

I was super nervous. I didn’t know what to say, but I had to say something.

“So… how have you been?” He asked breaking the silence

 He was like a ghost, so pale. He had dark circles under his eyes that made him look half dead… but then again, he was absolutely beautiful. I loved his hair. He had a long quiff and stubbles on the sides. His eyebrows were dark and thick. His eyes were truly amazing. They were golden, in the dark they looked shiny dark brown and in the light they turned orange.

“I can’t complain.” I said. Well, technically I could, but I wasn’t going to say that. I wanted to cheer him up.

“And you?” I asked knowing the answer.

He tried to smile, but it came out more like a grimace.

“I’m okay.” He stated.

He didn’t look okay.

“You said we needed to talk.” His voice sounded so worn.

My hands were shaking I was so nervous.

I had a million questions to ask him. Can I keep the baby? Are you a hundred percent sure it’s yours? I know that sounded disgusting but how could I know? But most of all, I wanted to be sure he wasn’t going to run off. I wanted to know my baby would have its daddy around and I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t someday have to explain to him/her that daddy ran off when mommy lost her memory.

I bit my lip to fight the tears. I looked up with watery eyes and Zayn looked at me and smiled with all the love in the world.

He took my hand and began to rub them gently. It was sweet, lingering. Zayn made me feel comfortable, save, like I had nothing to worry about.

“I’m pregnant” I whispered

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

“No, I know you know, but you’ve got to understand I haven’t got a lot of time left.”

“What do you mean?” He asked confused

“In a few weeks I won’t be able to get an abortion anymore. What if I decided to keep it and then change my mind when I remember everything?”

I began to cry at this point. I pulled my hand away from him and used it to dry my eyes of a little. I wiped my sleeve across my face and pushed my long hair out of my face.

“I need you to understand that I will always be here for you. I love you to death Liz, and no matter what you choose to do I will support you and be there for you, I promise”

I smiled with joy as I wiped my face again.

“I know I should have told you myself and I’m sorry you had to find out from Nicole but I was just scared. I was scared of the way you’d have responded to it and I was scared that you’d tell me to get rid of it”

“You want to keep it don’t you?” He asked as he took both my hands again

I nodded.

“How far along are you exactly?”

“Between eight to ten weeks” I said

“Have you talked to your parents about it?” He asked rubbing my hands some more

“No, they’re sort of ignoring me” I said as I bit my lip again

“They’ll get over it, trust me” Zayn whispered with a smile

We sat around for a few more minutes but then Zayn had to leave to go to the studio. Again, he kissed me on the head and then walked away. I stood alone on the roof for a while, just thinking and watching the city light up. After a while I went back into the building and got out my laptop.

It logged on automatically giving me the background of two lions lying around. There wasn’t anything on the desktop except for the bin. I looked down at the taskbar and saw iTunes and Google Chrome. I clicked on Google Chrome and was brought directly to the facebook homepage. Unfortunately it wasn’t logged in and I didn’t know my username/email or password.

I sat back and wondered about what to do next. I slowly brought the mouse to the URL bar and typed “Melissa Evans”

The first result that came up was a twitter account called @melissa_evans. Below that there were some photos. Loads of them looked like they started off as private, others looked like they had been taken by the paparazzi. There were photos of me and Zayn and with the other boys in One Direction.

I could see photos of Liam and others of the guy I had just met called Harry, or as Liam called him “Hazza”. The other two were called Louis and Niall.

I began to listen to their songs on Youtube and I watched the music videos. I really like Moments and Gotta be You. After a while I had finished listening to all the songs on the album called “Up all night” and decided to spend my time doing something useful.

My baby has hands and feet, with tiny webbed fingers and toes sticking out of them. It hasn’t got a gender yet, and in the brain nerve cells are connecting. My baby could already have teeth and its heart is currently dividing up into the four chambers.

I looked down at the clock on the computer screen.

11:24AM

I want to go home. I want to get out of here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 4.5K 8
Victoria has a very hard life. She’s six years old with no mother and does not know her father. Her mother died while she was giving birth to Victori...
429 10 11
ʕ•̫͡•ིʔྀʕ•̫͡•ིʔྀʕ•̫͡•ིʔྀ Louis Tomlinson, one of the famous members of One Direction, is involved in a car accident that caused him to have amnesia...
287K 3.5K 44
'Pregnancy Series' will be different preferences with One Direction and pregnancy lol. hope you enjoy.
40.6K 1.3K 82
Third and Final book. Read the first book I'm pregnant - One Direction fanfiction & the second book I'm Too Young for This - Sequel to 'I'm pregnant...