Those Heterochromatic Eyes (K...

By JulennStar

Hamasaki Sayuri; the only person courageous enough to challenge Akashi Seijuro to a Shogi game, the only pers... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Note From Author
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Epilogue

Prologue

29K 777 20
By JulennStar

Akashi Seijuro was a very, very complex human.

It was never a predictable day with the scarlet-haired boy; was he going to be impassive? Rude? Intolerable? She will never know. But that's exactly what makes him so exceptional.

How he silently looks out for her despite saying he doesn't care, how he scolds her ruthlessly for walking home after nightfall, Akashi was a caring friend and she was certain of it. 

And that's precisely why she almost choked from the realization of falling in love with her best friend. Oh, how she wished she never fulfilled the stereotype, but she did. 

Vehemently falling in love with him was never part of her plan, after all, how could she possibly look at her childhood best friend as anything more than that? How did the random afternoon walks, and the 3 a.m. summer nights spent under the stars turn into indescribable affection?

She was meant to keep him in check; to make sure his superiority complex didn't go out of hand, not to ignite the fire of a possible romance. 

How could platonic feelings escalate so quickly?

She took a deep breath, eyes trailing his swift movements on the basketball court. It felt like he was moving in slow motion, the foreground of the cheering audience gradually blurring to focus on him. It was only when he stole a glance in her direction did something clicked in her bustling mind. 

Ah, those heterochromatic eyes. 

Oh how she admired them; their dull vibrancy, the perfect imperfection of them, and how even in his flaws, he was flawless.

She chuckled lightly, a soft smile ghosting her lips as she's brought back to that rather eventful day when he wore himself bare. She'd never seen him wear such a distinct expression before; it was as if every emotion he so stubbornly suppressed came crashing down like a tidal wave.

Somehow at that moment, she knew—beyond his wavering mismatched eyes and his furrowed brows, that he meant it when he said;

"I love you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954K 37.9K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
527K 14.2K 47
Tsukiko Satoshi is Tetsuya Kuroko's distant relative who comes and lives with him and his sister. She attends Seirin High and joins the basketball te...
1M 17.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
137K 3.7K 33
The foreseen future leads to her death. Due to her family special bloodline. So they took action. Kakashi Hatake came back from and anbu mission and...