3. | EVERLY [S. STILINSKI]

By sourstiles

Change is going to happen, whether someone wants it to or not. Change waits for no one, supernatural or munda... More

prologue
MOOD BOARDS
Chapter Two: [this is me]
Chapter Three: [beginning of secrets]
Chapter Four: [out of control]
Chapter Five: [Not on The List]
Chapter Six: [new responsibilities]
Chapter Seven: [damage control]

Chapter One: [welcome to mexico]

18.7K 524 792
By sourstiles

"I love our story. Sure, it's messy, but it's the story that got us here."

Indigo's POV

          By now, we had to have walked at least a mile. This aged town was scattered with brick buildings and only an occasional car, rolling by at a steady pace through the crowds that walked the street. Sand blew up in clouds from the tires, causing a synchronized wave of the hand from pedestrians as they dusted away from their face.

    I watched as a bike rung its bell as it rode by, the man on the seat looking to me as the basket behind him was full. He had tanned skin and dark facial hair that covered the bottom half of his face. His eyes gave me a wink and a small nod of his head. I had only realized he'd meant it in a more-than-friendly way when the hand clasped in my left one held it a little tighter.

      I couldn't help my small smile and light chuckle, looking to Stiles. "You do know the probability of me leaving you for a stranger in a foreign country, right?"

Stiles rolled his eyes, faking a small laugh when he looked to me. "Hilarious."

      "Besides the past five times Indigo's been checked out, this place isn't that bad." Stiles shrugged, pursing his lips. I looked around and nodded in agreement. It definitely could be worse, I think.

     "It's not the town─"Lydia scoffed. "It's the plan."

"What's wrong with the plan?" Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, a pout almost falling on his lips.

     "Stiles─" I winced, but Lydia locked eyes with me, shaking her head.

"This could be the stupidest plan we've ever come up with." She finished. "You're aware of that, right?"

      "I'm aware it's not our best. . ." Stiles slowly winced, shrugging. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he saw my reaction, raising both of his eyebrows.

    "We are going to die." Lydia bluntly spoke, mocking Stiles' shrug. She hiked her bag on her shoulder again as we crossed the street, Lydia confidentially strutting as usual. I bit my lip and looked down to my own feet, watching my boots as they walked plainly. Not one in front of the other.

"Are─ you saying that as a Banshee, or are you just being pessimistic?" Stiles questioned, narrowed his eyes. Lydia hummed, pretending to think.

     "I'm saying that as a person who doesn't want to die."

      I slowly nodded along, watching out of the corner of my eyes as Stiles looked over to me, surprised. "I think I'm with her on that one."

"Okay, can we─ could both of you just restrict any talk of death to actual Banshee predictions?" Stiles huffed, glancing between both of us. I looked to Lydia and we locked eyes, before turning to Stiles.

      "This plan is stupid and we're going to die."

"Oh, thank you." Stiles faked a smile, nodding to both of us. I smiled and nodded, catching Stiles' attention. He threw his head back, shaking it in disbelief.

     I grinned and quickly leaned in, catching his cheek with a kiss. Stiles froze and faced forward again. He turned to me, his already hot skin turning even pinker.

     "Just thought I'd let our, apparent, last few moments sweet." I nodded. Stiles' face instantly dropped, and he narrowed his eyes at me, shaking his head.

"C'mon, love birds─"Lydia sighed, pointing down the street. "This way."

        The sun had passed about half an hour ago, leaving the only lights to be the ones businesses had hanging outside. Mostly in Beacon Hills, lamp posts blocked off the stars, unless you drove out into the preserve. Here, as soon as you looked up, stars could be seen. I turned and looked around, finding shapes and figures in patterns, until my hand was tugged. I snapped my attention to Stiles, who pointed to a building we were approaching.

     Two large men dressed in black had their arms crossed in an intimidating fashion, making their biceps look larger. Lydia, Stiles and I stopped at the threshold, their eyes cautiously watching us. I looked to Lydia, who licked her lips nervously and gripped her bag.

      "Es aquí donde está la fiesta?" She fluently spoke, gazing at the bouncers hopefully. They looked to each other, then back to us, but didn't say a word. Lydia sighed and looked to us. Plan B.

      Stiles released my hand as he dug into his jacket pocket, pulling out the tarot card. A decorative skull on one side, obviously of a specific ethnic origin.

     He showed it to the two, but they simple glanced upwards. I followed their line of sight, seeing a small camera turn to us, a red light blink repetitively. 

       Stiles flipped it and revealed it to the lens of the camera. I scratched my thumb nervously, until the door opened, causing us all to jump slightly in surprise. Shuffling the card back into his pocket, Stiles walked ahead of Lydia and I, giving a curt nod to the man who had opened the door. 

     Stiles casted a look back to me, before he walked into the hallway the door had opened us to. I took a deep breath and looked to Lydia, who gave me a tight smile. I felt her slim fingers gripped mine, her metal rings sparking my hot skin. 

      I walked forward, following Stiles, Lydia in tow behind me. The man stepped out of the doorway and shut the door behind us, or more accurately slammed it shut. 

     We all froze and traded uneasy looks. The small ornate lamps that were nailed to the walls flickered and shook at the base of the party music. I looked towards the end of the hallway, spotting the doorway that was between us and the party. Lights and smoke drowned from under the small opening between the floors and the door.

     Stiles began stepping towards it first, making me copy. We slowly made our way to it and with a small breath, Stiles grabbed the rusted handle and swung the door open, letting the music pour out. Screams and shout of excitement occasionally occurred, matching the beats of the electronic music. I froze at the magnitude of the party. 

     Pushing our way through the massive crowd, eventually our bodies were pressed into the bar, a random elbow or two pressed into my arms. I winced and moved closer to Stiles, who laced an arm over my shoulders. Instantaneously, three shots of clear alcohol were dropped in front of us, the liquid running over the sides. Stiles' eyebrows raised, but he began to shuffle out his wallet.

     "No─" A voice interrupted from behind us. "On the house." 

      When none of us reached for the shot glasses, the man huffed in annoyance.

     "Most American teenagers don't cross the border to refuse a drink." His accent was prominent the most he pronounced his words. I looked to Lydia as she fished out the tiny metal bullets, gripping them in her fist.

     "We didn't come to drink." 

     She held her hand over one of the glasses and let a bullet fall in, the ammo quickly resting against the side of the glass as it stood.

     By the man's silence, I assumed he recognized the bullet and knew exactly why we were here.

 ╪ 

          A short tanned woman paced the room as she wiped a dagger with a rag, a confident smile on her face. From this new location, the music sounded muffled yet the room still sounded as if an earthquake was happening.

      "Severo hates this music." The woman, Araya, spoke up. "Me? I've always loved the music of the youth. This kind, especially. It has a savage energy." 

     Lydia cut out the small talk. "We're here for Derek Hale." 

      Araya stopped in her place, looking to the three of us. We were all sat in large wooden dining chairs, set up in front of a desk. I was placed in the middle among Stiles and Lydia, my forearms resting against the similar wooden table. 

    "Is that so?" She asked. 

  "We know you have him." Lydia added. "We've heard─ you can be bought." 

      Stiles slammed a paper stack on the table, dividing it into 5. Five stacks of ten thousand dollars, each.

    "That's fifty thousand, for Derek." He gestured to the money, before relaxing back into his chair. Araya only smirked, barely even glancing at the cash.

     "Now, where does a teenage boy get money like this? Japanese mafia?"

      The three large men that were in the room cocked their guns, raising all of our heart beats, only slightly.

     "Not smart to come alone." Araya sang, shaking her head in disapproval. I watched Stiles lean forward again, his head titled in a new found smugness I found all too attractive. 

    "What makes you think we came alone?" He smirked, cinching his eyebrows.

      Araya froze and glanced to the men who spoke lowly on walkie-talkies. Her eyes widened and she glared to us now. "You brought a wolf into my home?" 

   Stiles kept the façade. "We brought an Alpha." 

   "Also," I spoke up, flashing my florescent green eyes. "How do you feel about Vampire Banshees?" 

     I could hear the faint pause in her heart rate, as I watched her face fall. She studied me a bit longer, keeping her gaze to mine, before she pulled herself together, straightening out her shoulders.

 "My friends. . ." She sighed. "I don't think you are aware of your poor timing. Do you know─ what the dark moon is?" 

 Lydia answered simply. "The part of the lunar phase when the moon is least visible in the sky."

       "But─" Araya interjected. "Do you know it's meaning?"

 Again, Lydia had an answer. "Some people, say it's a time of reflection. Or─ grief." 

     My chest tightened and I swallowed the forming lump in my throat. By the look on her face, though, she knew just where to push her buttons and who's buttons exactly she was pressing.

      "Grief and loss, mija." She nodded. "I wonder why, when you and your friends have suffered so much loss─ you would risk it again for someone like Derek Hale." 

 I looked over to Stiles, who gave a light shrug. "Cause we don't like to lose." 

     The walkie-talkie on the desk blurted out static and Araya rushed to it, picking it up. She listened intently. 

 "Front door─  clear." 

"South─   clear." 

     Severo pressed his own walkie-talkie, raising it. "North?"

     No answer. 

  "Norte, aquí?" He asked again. 

      More static, before it beeped, signifying the other end had picked up. 

         "Stiles, take ten off the table." Scott's voice echoed throughout the room.

      I watched as Stiles grabbed a stack, shoving it back into his jacket pocket.

     "Maybe you should just take the deal." I heard Lydia sigh.

     Araya let out a chuckle, shaking her head as she focused on her dagger. "While I'm keen to follow the warning of a Banshee, I'm going to have to decline."

    I looked to Lydia, who seemed slightly stunned the woman could tell she was a Banshee. Glancing to the both of them, Stiles and Lydia seemed a bit caught off guard. Stiles readjusted, throwing his hands up with a scoff. 

     "C'mon, just give us Derek. You don't want him anyway. Haven't you noticed what a downer he is? ─"

    I nodded in agreement, admitting the Hale wasn't the bubbliest of people.

     "No sense of humor, poor conversationalist. Just come on ─ take the money." Stiles continued. 

      The woman didn't speak, until she abruptly sent the tip of the dagger into the desk with a harsh glare on her face. She let go of it, straightening up as she clasped her hands behind her back innocently. 

      "Severo? Show them how the Calaveras negotiate." 

     Suddenly, large hands grasped my shoulders and I jumped in my seat, looking to see a guard. Two others ushered Stiles and Lydia from their chairs, Stiles' head snapping to me as he stumbled in the man's grip. 

     "Where are you taking them?" I quickly sputtered, looking to Araya who looked very pleased. 

     "Indigo, Indigo!" I spun around to see Stiles struggling from the guard, attempting to make it harder to take him out of the room. Stiles looked away from me, his eyes glaring at Araya instantly. "Don't you dare hurt her! Hey, hey! Don't touch her!"

     The rest of his shouts were muffled as the rooms door slammed, sending a wave of fear over me. Slowly, I faced the front of the room, seeing Araya had taken a seat from behind the desk, a confident look plastered. 

     "It seems you and your friends would do very much to protect each other, no?" She raised an eyebrow, resting her arms on the table, crossed in front of her. I took a deep breath and copied the same tactic, seeming relaxed. 

      "It doesn't take many of us to put up a fight." I snapped. She didn't seem affected by it.

       "So ─ tell me, Vampire Banshee. How much blood do you have to take until you are satisfied?" She leaned in. I clenched my jaw.

     "Depends, how much are you carrying?" I growled at her. That got to her. She leaned until her back met the chair, putting her arms on the ones of the chair, eyes widened slightly.

     She flicked her gaze to the man behind me, and suddenly, I was out of my chair. Roughly pulled to the door, I was pushed open and I was dragged out. I stumbled over my steps as he took longer strides, his grip only getting tired every time I slipped up trying to walk on my own. 

    The man turned to a set of stairs, taking me even further into the heart of this building they had inhabited. A door sat at the bottom, a large metal lock on it. I fell down the last four steps as the man shoved me, my back slamming to the floor, knocking the breath out of me. I gasped out loud, shutting my eyes as the ache began to spread. 

    He wrenched me back up, undoing the lock with one hand. The door noisily slid over, revealing a tiled room with two tiled pillars. With another shove, putting me in the room, he slammed the door behind me. I looked up and found Stiles and Malia, who turned to me in surprise.

       "Oh, thank god." I watched Stiles mumble, before he took three large steps, raising his arms as he enveloped me into a hug. I sighed in relief at the familiar feeling, wrapping my arms around his body, pulling him even closer. I breathed in his scent, the same warm smell. Now that I knew, I figured out what exactly that warm smell was.

    His blood.

     I stepped away and pushed the hair out of my face, Stiles gazing at me carefully.

     "What did they say? Did they do anything to you?" He quickly fired at me.

    I shook my head with a sigh. "Just trying to intimidate us." 

  Stiles scoffed, "Well, they're going to have to try a little harder ─ "  

     My body went stiff and I screamed out at the pain that radiated over my entire body. I felt the cold floor bang against my shoulder as I hit the ground, only making the pain worse. I began to shake, each wave worse than the last. My eyes screwed shut, teeth clenched roughly. 

    "Indigo!" I heard beside me, Stiles' knees hitting the tile next to me. His hands grabbed me as I was pulled into him, my eyes attempting to open to look up at his concerned expression. 

    It couldn't be anything else. "Scott ─ " 

      The feeling instantly dimmed out and I let out a much needed breath of air, feeling the warm sweat on my forehead. I melted in Stiles' arms, no energy to do anything but blink. 

     "What happened?" Stiles asked incredulously, eyes wide as he looked all over me to make sure I was fine. My lips parted bated breaths almost in whispers. 

     "They're killing him. . . "I whimpered. Another jolt ran over my body in a continuous stream and I cried out again, throwing my head back. My body shook in response, making it difficult for Stiles' hands to stay in place. I grunted as I began to ache, my muscles screaming out. 

         "Oh! Someone who could have turned without you knowing! Turned ─ but not by a bite!" 

         "I don't know!" 

       The shocks stopped and I stilled once more, tears rolling from my eyes. I stared off, the voices playing off like audio in my head. Echoing to taunt me. 

          "Say the name, Scott." 

          ". . .Kate." 

        I snapped out of it, blinking rapidly as I took my heavy breaths, sitting up on my own. Stiles held my shoulders, now, turning me to face him as his worried eyes flickered from every corner of my face.

      "What? Did ─ did you hear something?" He furrowed his eyebrows, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear. I bit my lip, looking to him sorrowfully. 

     "Kate." 

      Stiles froze, shaking his head when he regained thought process. "No, that's impossible. It's impossible. That can't be what he said."

      "Why?" Malia spoke, and I turned to see her sat next to us, her brown eyes watching softly. "Who's Kate?" 

     Stiles leaned back, steadying himself with his arm. He huffed. 

  "She's a hunter." He spoke slowly, and his eyes met mine sadly. "An Argent." 

 ╪

 "So ─ you're just letting us go?" 

       The sun beat down on my already hot skin, my jacket left hung on my arms ever since I ripped it off. We stood outside, across the road from Stiles' jeep, waiting as Araya sent us on our way. On our way to Derek. 

     "I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen. None of them came back." She shook her head. "Let's see if you can do better." 

    Scott sighed. "You could've just told me she was alive." 

 "You wouldn't have believed me." She shrugged. "Now, I know what kind of Alpha you are. And ─ where your next step lies." 

    Scott looked to us momentarily, before furrowing his eyebrows at Araya. "What next step?" 

     She frowned, giving Scott a damned look. "When you take the bite of an innocent. When you make a wolf of your own. When you do that, then, I will cross your border and come knocking at your door." 

     We all walked to the jeep, Stiles stopping at the door with his arms crossed, eyes squinting through the beating sun.

     "So what now?" He looked to everyone.

   "She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Scott shrugged.    

      "She gonna tell us where?" Malia scoffed.

    "Uh, actually ─ she's giving us a guide." Scott nodded. 

         The rumble of a motorcycle made us all turn heads as a dark black one shined, rolling to a stop next to us. The rider shut it off and pulled off the helmet. Braeden. A scar lighter than her dark skin, three claw marks, ran from her temple to the middle of her neck. But, it hadn't seemed to bother her.

    "You know her?" Stiles raised an eyebrow, looking to Scott. 

     "Braeden." Scott nodded and the girl gave him a nod.

    "Who's Braeden?" Malia questioned, speaking to everyone but the girl herself.

        "She's a mercenary." Lydia smirked. Braeden shrugged, nudging her helmet under her arm. 

    "Right now, I'm the only one who's gonna take you to la iglesia." 

  Lydia furrowed her eyebrows. "The Church?" 

     Stiles looked at everyone, making sure he wasn't the only curious mind. "What's The Church?" 

      Braeden sighed and shook her head with a haunting look. "It's not a place you'll find God. 

 ╪ 

 Squished up front between Scott and Stiles, with the stick shift between my knees was not the ideal travel spot of the jeep. Although, I'm not sure I would rather be stuffed in the back with Lydia, Malia, and Kira.

     The silence was broken when I heard Malia lean forward, her head sticking between Scott and I.

    "Okay, I'll ask." She huffed. "Who's Kate Argent?" 

      I froze. I went cold in place and kept my gaze ahead as I focused on the horizon so tears didn't pop up. I felt a generous hand on my thigh, seeing Stiles had dropped it from the wheel. I bit my lip and slid my fingers through his, accepting the much needed comfort.

      "Uh, actually ─ " Kira winced. "I'd like to know, too." 

     "Well ─ " Stiles grumbled, shaking his head. "We were at her funeral. So, I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground." 

      "She was never in it." I was surprised by Scott's addition. I looked to him, seeing him leave his gaze on the same horizon and give me a tight smile.

      "She was Allison's aunt." Lydia snapped. "And a total sociopath."

      I heard the lightest gasp from Kira. "You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to."

      A sad smile made its way on my lips at the sincerity. How considerate Kira was really made me grateful. Actually, within the small time she had been here, I don't think I had found something about her I didn't approve of. She was daring, quick and talented ─ but she was also clumsy, sweet, and shy.

     "Um, yes, he does." Malia quickly nodded.

   "She's right." Scott nodded, turning to Stiles and I. "You guys should know. You need to know."

     Stiles gave my hand a small squeeze. "All right. Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family."

     "Some of them survived." Scott nodded. "Like Cora, and Peter." 

"A very angry Peter." Lydia added with a scoff. 

      "Yeah," Scott sighed. "He was the one who bit and turned me." 

  "And ─ the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her." Lydia spoke. 

     "And we saw her buried." Stiles nodded, still not seeing how Kate was around. 

    "No. We saw a casket, remember?" Scott raised an eyebrow at us. "She wasn't in it." 

         "The Calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure she was really dead. Her body was ─ healing. More and more, as she got closer to a full moon. She was coming back. So, they switched the bodies. If a hunter is bit, they have to take their own life before they change. The Calaveras, they treat the code like law. They make it their responsibility to enforce it."

      "Good for her." Malia blew off. "I wouldn't do it either."

  "Would you kill half a dozen people to get out? Because that's what she did."

      "So. . ." Kira hummed. "Kate's a werewolf now?"

    "I don't know." Scott shrugged. I took a deep breath.

     "You know, there's that saying. Sometimes the shape you take reflects the person you are." 

     Lydia scoffed once more. "What kind of shape is sociopathic bitch?" 

      The jeep jumped and a loud bang made my eyes widen. Stiles' eyes frantically searched the dashboard for signs of break down, but nothing was blinking or beeping.

    He turned the wheel and pulled off into the barren sand of the desert we were riding through. The roar of a motorcycle rumbled to a slow as we all crawled out, slamming the doors shut right as Braeden stepped off her bike. 

      "What happened?" She asked. Stiles shrugged, glancing at the jeep.

    "I don't know. I think we hit something." 

    Braeden looked over. "Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous otherwise." 

   Scott looked to the jeep and met Stiles' eyes, who nodded. "Go." 

  "Not without you." Scott shook his head, crazed by the idea. 

      "Scott, someone has to find Derek." I caught his attention. "We'll ─ figure something out. Just go." 

      Scott finally relaxed and nodded, heading to Braeden as she started the bike again. He almost hopped on, until Kira rushed over, grabbing him. 

     I watched quietly as Kira spoke to him, not bothering to listen in on it. Some sort of good-bye. I crossed my arms and let out a breath.

      "You okay?" 

   I looked to see Stiles stand next to me, looking down at me carefully. I thought as I watched the two, Kira's nervously smile popping up. I licked my lips and softly nodded, giving Stiles a loving look.

      "I think I am." I spoke, confident. 

      Stiles' smile grew and he leaned in, his lips pressing against the crown of my head. I shut my eyes, living the moment just like every other time Stiles was even close to me. 

       I heard the motorcycle ride off and Kira's boots scuff back over. 

   "Hey, Stiles!" Malia shouted, before I heard a grunt. I turned and watched Malia look to her hand, finding something she pulled out from the jeep. She furrowed her eyebrows and lifted it, revealing a sharpened bone. "I don't think we hit something ─ " 

     "I think something hit us."

 ╪

 I propped my tired head up with my arm as I lazily watched Stiles continue to dig his greased hands into the engine of his jeep. He crouched on the headlights, twisting something that he had been working on for the past fifteen minutes. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, looking to the sky full of stars. The night sky. 

     "Maybe we should just walk." I heard Lydia suggest. Stiles stopped working instantly and dropped the rag from his lips, pointing the pliers at her. 

    "Hey, I will never abandon this jeep. You understand me? Ever, ever, ever." 

      I heard a rustle and turned out, looking as far as I could out into the dark hilly ground around us. Malia met my gaze, looking almost nervous. 

     "Work faster, Stiles." She nodded. "There's something out here with us." 

     I kept my gaze outward, until I heard a snap, returning my look to Stiles. He gestured to the flashlight in my free hand.

      "Could you please, hold the light still for a second? It's hard to see when you keep shaking it like that."

     I sighed and stilled the lights, narrowing my eyes at him. "I'm shaking because we're in the middle of Mexico with no ride, and have yet to be attacked by another clawed monster. I might be terrified." 

    "Well, just be slightly less terrified." Stiles raised his eyebrows at me. He shook his head and pulled out a piece of metal, handing it to me. I raised an eyebrow. 

    "What's that?" I questioned it. Stiles looked to it and pursed his lips, shrugging. 

    "I don't know. I'm hoping it's not important." He responded. My mouth dropped and I kept my raised eyebrow, earning a "What?" from Stiles. I sighed, shaking my head.

      "It's too hard to see." Malia spoke up. "We should've brought another flashlight."

    Kira gasped. "Did you see that?" 

      A loud roar echoed and I froze, looking out with my widened eyes. Malia flicked her hand and I heard the sound of claws being drawn.

      "Malia, don't even think about it-" I began but she already ran out into the dark.  

     "Malia, wait!" Kira shouted, running out after her. My eyes widened even more. I quickly handed the flashlight to Lydia, catching her off guard as she almost dropped it.

     "What are you doing?" She cinched her eyebrows, watching me begin to walk away. Stiles looked up to me, found Malia and Kira gone, then back to me with a warning look.

      "Indigo, no ─ "

    "Stiles, I'm not losing Malia and Kira in Mexico!" I shouted back as I hurried out, following where I remembered. I disregarded the following shouts of Stiles, until I heard Lydia demand he continued fixing his "crap car"

     I drew my claws and flashed my eyes, making it a little bit easier to see. I saw spruce trees in desperate need of water, large rocks and tall balls of hay wiggling in the wind.

   I heard another movement, spinning around in place. I couldn't see the jeep from here, making me all the more vulnerable.

    Fast footsteps prepared me and I listened from what direction, sensing it was from behind. Just when the noise was close enough, I spun around. My claws ready to swipe, I screamed when I saw Malia doing the same. I sighed in relief, hearing Kira jog from behind her. Both of our claws retracted and I could hear the panting from Malia.

       "What is it? Did you see it?" I hurried. Malia sighed and shook her head.

    "I don't know, but it's big and fast. And it cuts deep." She lifted the corner of her shirt and I could smell the blood before I saw it. I sighed and pulled them both, rushing us back to the jeep. We ran further than I remembered, until I saw the waving of the flashlight at us. 

     We rushed and all jumped into the jeep, Stiles ripping the car into drive and swerving back onto the road. The car was filled with heavy breaths and the sound of the tires against the rough sand.

     "You ─ !" Stiles pointed at me, his eyes flickering between the road and me. "You, please don't ever do that again!"

    "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Don't help Malia and Kira?

    "I ─ I, you just took off ─" He began. I nodded. 

   "Yeah." I interrupted. 

    "No, I mean, like, I thought you were leaving." He emphasized, throwing one of his hands up as he glanced over at me. I stopped, keeping my eyes on him. 

    "Leaving? I wouldn't leave. Not without you." I shook my head. Relief washed over his face and he visibly relaxed in his seat, looking over to me.

    "G ─ Good. Good." Stiles nodded, licking his lips. "I don't know, I just. . . Never mind." 

      "No, Stiles. Really. I would never leave you. I love you." 

      Stiles snapped his head to me, a tiny smile played on his lips. A soft chuckle passed his lips and he nodded quickly. 

     "That doesn't look good." My eyes widened and I looked over the seat, remembering the wound on Malia's side. 

    "It's okay." Malia shook her head at me. 

    "You didn't see anything?" Lydia asked, tilting her head at Malia. 

"Barely." Malia shook her head, biting her lip. "It had a strong scent, though."

     "Like what?" Stiles asked. Malia sighed.

     "Like death."

 ╪  

      The jeep rolled to a stop in front of a stone structure, two figures trudging out of the opening with a limp body in their arms. My eyes widened and I hurried out, everyone else following.

      Scott's eyes met mine, but I couldn't decipher his look. 

     They came to a stop, breathing heavily as they held the new body. It began moving slightly, waking up.

    "Is that him?" Malia asked. "Is that Derek?" 

      At the name, the head lifted and a young face surprised me. 

  "Uh, sort of." Stiles sighed.

[a/n]

about 5,229 words

man, i love this series way to much

anyway, welcome back to indigo! did you miss her? did you miss her and stiles? i still can't believe how cute they are...

and aw! cute young derek

love you and thank you so much for continuing to read indigo's story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 118 10
It has been four years since Stiles said goodbye to Beacon Hills. Four years he has spent mainly on his own trying to get away from the pain he felt...
422K 13.7K 21
Indigo McCall and Stiles Stilinski are inseparable. Attached at the hip, indivisible, connected. Deeply in love with their first loves and devoted to...
17.2K 594 36
What happens when what your family wants and what you want is different. Jenny has to juggle her family's wants to what she wants. And what if she ca...
196K 9.1K 58
[BOOK 4] "𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞'𝙢 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙨𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪�...