Stars Hold Our Fate (SCOROSE)...

By live_fully

PG13 with some language. (Completed April 3rd 2017) {*AMAZING COVER BY @grangxr*} Rose Weasley is outraged. H... More

Hook
⊚ MONTHS EARLIER ⊚
Studying With... Malfoy?
Almost Kiss
Bleachers
An Admirer
A Plan
What I Want
Three Times a Charm
Out of Your Comfort Zone
The Stars
Marrying Birds
A Certain Redhead
Eternity
Hi!
What To Do
Thousand Years (Scorose Feels)
Dear Lily
Grindylow
Preparation
Mermaids, Umbridge, Voldemort!
Surprise
Would You Dance
Lovestruck {Chily Feels}
Drunken Nights
It's Official Now
Party Crashers
An Announcement
Thank You
Out Of Reach
Of Romance
Rescuing Potter
A New Nemisis
Awkward Moments
The Malfoy Name
The Weasley Clan
Cliché
Finally The End
A Potter
Once Upon A Nightmare
The Overgenerous Boyfriend
Where Darkness Died
Reunion
One More Day
Hell's Angel
Bride to Be
Go Green!
Property Of Scorpius
Face Off
Love Is Complicated
Treasures
Never Be Alone (Feels)
Skanky Situation
Running
Almost Dead
The Headstone Entrance
Pluto
Future Fantasies
Epilogue: Night To Remember

A Traitor

1.5K 42 12
By live_fully

A/N
YAAAYYY!!!!!!!!! I FINALLY FOUND THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO PUT CAST MEMBERS!! Or, well ... *sigh* close enough.
Funny story: I thought that if u put Cast Members on one chapters it will appear on all the others. But I just found out that u have to individually add each character on every single chapter.
40 CHAPTERS!!!!! Hell. No.
Sooooooo being the lazy me-that's-just-come-back-from-the-Christmas-break I only put it on the first chapter.
Yeah.
Come check it out!

$$$

Lily's POV

     "And here we have it. The famous Potter girl."

     At the new voice my head snapped towards the corner of the cell with a loud crack, making me curse under my breath.

     "It's good to see you again, Lily."

     How does he know my name? I thought, before pausing. Of course he knows my name.  Those Potter veins are really getting to me. 

     But there was something odd about the voice. Not quite familiar but not unrecognisable either, if that makes sense. It was the voice of a teenager.

     "Who are you?" I asked in a flat tone as I stared hard into the darkness, my hand still wrapped securely around a bar in the cell door.

    As soon as I asked a figure stepped into the faded light, giving just enough eyesight to make out the bruises and cuts around his face, even if he was right in front of me.

     A sudden familiarity flooded through me.

     "You," I said in surprise. "You're that McKinnon kid. The uhhh, what's it's name ... Matthew!"

     "Matteo," he corrected blandly. "And thank you for that. I really appreciate being called an 'it'."

     "Oh, right," I said, before waving it off. "How come they put me in the same cell as you?"

     "How should I know?"

     "Well — I mean I just thought maybe you did something to them.  You know, since pretty much my whole bloodline is an enemy to these idiots, so I figured to be kept with you maybe you also —"

     "Did something to them? Yes. I did," he interrupted irritably.

     "Okay then."

     I waited for him to tell me what he did but he continued to stare at me unmoving, leaving the air silent.

     "So. What did you do?"

     "I betrayed them," he said pointedly.

     "You betrayed ... hang on," I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. "I thought betraying meant going against the team you were originally on. Like The Count Of Monte Cristo or something."

    He blinked, "So?"

     "What do you mean 'So'?"

     "Are you really that stupid?" He said, a laugh of disbelief escaping his lips. "You didn't really think I was a McKinnon, did you?"

     "Well, that's what you told everyone."

     "The McKinnons are dead!" He exploded, making me shrink. "They never had a son!"

     I frowned, "So you're adopted?"

     "Of course not!"

     "Okay, then I'm sorry for your loss!"

     "NOO!" He slapped a hand against his forehead, an irritable look on his face as he gave me long hard stare. "Read my lips. I'm. Not. A McKinnon." He enunciated.

     It took me a moment to register what he said.

      "You're ... not."

     "No," he repeated slowly, shaking his head vigorously. "I'm not."

     "Then who are you?"

     "Ethan Rookwood, at your service," he exclaimed suddenly in a bright voice, holding out his hand.

    A beat of silence passed as his words dawned on me.

     "Wait," I muttered. "Rookwood? As in Augustus Rookwood?"

    "That's that my dad."

     "Isn't he a ... death eater?"

     "No, he's the Queen of England," he rolled his eyes, dropping his unshaken hand in the process.

"You're ... are you a ..."

Before I could finish he thrusted up his sleeve, exposing a large tattooed skull with a snake curling around the edges.

     The Dark Mark.

A wave of horror and fear filled me as I stared into the hollow eyes of the skull.

It had barely been five seconds when he shoved his sleeve back down, leaving the air silent.

"You let them in!" I yelled with sudden realisation. "Wha — how could you —"

"Are you deaf?" Ethan snapped. "I just told you I'm not a McKinnon!"

"But —"

"YES, I let them in! In October I joined Hogwarts as a student, and people were stupid enough not to notice."

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I screamed, anger boiling beneath my skin. "Children could have died! First years! And you let death eaters into the school?! What kind of a sick monster are you?"

"I!!!! BETRAYED!!!! THEM!!!!!!!!"

There was moment of silence, where only our heavy breathing filled it in. In the shadows, I could see Ethan's head tilted up resignedly though his breathing was as heavy as mine.

He betrayed them.

"What did you do?" I murmured. It sounded like a whisper next to the booming volume we had just spoken in.

After a few more breaths he looked at me, "When the time came I tried to get them out of the party. I told them I was done. I even fired spells back at them... my dad didn't waste time in knocking me out cold."

Another round of silence.

"Whoa."

"It took him a few swings before he could actually knock me out, but —"

"Your dad hit you?!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Well, he did make a point. The whole reason I set up the party was so we could trap them."

"Set up!?"

"When they arrived I was supposed to lock down the doors so no one could get out ... We were supposed to catch everyone, and they ended up only catching half."

"I noticed you said 'they' for the last part," I observed with my arms folded over my chest.

"Well," he started, a bitter smile stretched across his face. "I'm here now, aren't I?"

More silence swung by. I watched as Ethan turned and made his way back against the wall, sliding to a crouched position, and surprised myself by feeling empathy.

His Dad is a death eater, I thought. HE is a death eater! A real live death eater and he betrayed them.

"I've never seen anyone do that," I muttered, and I could see my voice surprised him.

"Do what?"

"That. Walk away from everything you know for the sake of what's right."

He sighed, "I didn't betray them for what's right," he snapped irritably. "I-I was in distraught. I was just being silly."

"Sure you were."

"I was, and I'll prove it. The next time they come around, I'll tell them I didn't mean what I did ... and they'll set me free," he said confidently.

     I arched an eyebrow.

     "They will," he repeated.

"And you blame us for thinking boys are idiots."

$$$

A/N
And again, a rlly lazy chapter ending. Sry guys!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 32 40
Embark on a magical adventure with Hermione Granger as she navigates the treacherous path from hatred to love in the enchanting world of Harry Potter...
13.5K 521 20
Ellie had dealt with a great shock, her parents have both been murdered by death eaters. Her mothers great friend Albus Dumbledore brings her to Hogw...
132K 3K 46
On Sunday: Rose Granger-Weasley was the same girl she had always been - the intellectual who had managed through luck and pure stubbornness to avoid...
320K 12.2K 38
An 8th year Drarry fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, but Draco doesn't need words to understand him. After spending the summer together and beg...