Book I - Husband, I Love You...

By RomanticCrap

"If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58 (Final Part)
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Part 18

12.7K 521 34
By RomanticCrap

"Madhu, you leave it, I will do all the cooking work" Radha said to her daughter in law. Rk and Madhu had come to Rk's parents place for dinner after meeting with Madhu's parents.

"It's okay, aunty. I will help you." Madhu said with a polite smile.

"You know to make chicken curry?" Radha questioned.

"Yeah, learned to make chicken curry for Rishab. He loves it."

"Add some butter to the curry, he will love it more."

"Sure"

"How is your health, Madhu?"

"I'm perfectly fine, aunty."

"How many times I have to tell you to call me Mom'?" Radha chided her daughter in law.

"Oops, Sorry, aunt... I'm mean mom." Madhu smiled.

"That's better. Oh Madhu, you should be very careful. No more heroic stunts and risk your life. You should have seen Rishab when you were unconscious in the hospital... he was beside himself with fear and anger." Radha said shaking her head.

"I know. I'm sorry mom. I troubled everyone."

"Okay forget it. Now tell me how your trip?"

"Oh mom! Awesome trip. We both had a great time. Never thought my husband will take me to a jungle" She laughed. "I loved that tree house; I loved the chirping sound of birds, the bonfire, the sereneness, above all the beautiful waterfalls nearby... I loved it... I loved everything... it was such a beautiful and romantic trip and my husband was like icing on the cake. He was unbelievably sweet, smooth, gently and yummy..."

"Madhu, Madhu... stop. I don't want the vivid details of your streamy romance." Radha teased making Madhu blush.

"My son is happy with you." Radha said and it wasn't a question but a statement. Madhu smiled hearing that.

"I'm happy with him too. He is such a sweetheart. He takes good care of me. Sometimes I annoy him and make him mad but he never shouts at me. Of course he gets angry, I get angry, we fight... a lot... but then we are getting there... understanding each other and making some compromises to run life smoothly... everything got even better the day we discovered and declared our love... so far so good between us... hope it goes fine till the end"

"It will, Madhu. You are so good for him. I am happy I made the right choice for my son." Radha said and Madhu smiled in reply.

"So no complaints about him?" Radha asked. "If you tell me, I will twist his ears and order him to treat you well."

"No... actually yes. I have a complaint. I want him to smile. I want him to laugh. I want him to talk a lot. I want him to say I love you to me more often..."

"Whoa whoa! That's quite a list." Radha laughed.

"He had never done all that in front of you?"

"Oh yeah. He had said I love you' to me for 3 times in this three months... actually he started saying those golden words only from this trip... and laughed like about 5 times and smiled some 10 times in the whole time we were together... oh he used to give me his arrogant smirk for umpteenth time." Madhu sighed dramatically. "Why he is like this aunt... mom?"

"What to tell, Madhu? I gave birth to one grumpy baby. You must have seen all his childhood photos in the bedroom and in none of it he had smiled showing his teeth. He always gives a small smile after my pleadings. I hope at least my grandchildren are not like my son... I want my grandchildren to be like you... so bubbly, chirpy and smiling, always." Radha said caressing Madhu's head.

"If we have a son I want him to be like his father in looks... hot and handsome... but then I would love if he has a cute baby smile plastered on his face always..."

"Like you..." Radha said and they both laughed.

"Is the chicken ready?"

"Almost, mom"

"Okay, you bring that to the table. I will call them for dinner." Radha said and walked out. A minute later Rk walked in to the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

"Hi"

"I made this chicken for you. Taste it for me." Madhu offered him a spoon of chicken masala. Rk kissed her shoulder and took the spoon from her and taste it.

"Yummy..."

"But?" she asked as she knew he was holding something.

"Salt is little less." Rk said and add a pinch of salt to the chicken curry and stirred it.

"Now, perfect." Rk declared and pecked her lips and walked out leaving her all blushing.

After dinner, Radha and Mohan insisted their son and daughter in law to stay at their place and they willingly agreed. They spent Saturday night there and next day after having lunch with his parent's Rk and Madhu went back to their home.

--0--

On Monday, Rk was called for an inquiry by the committee members and there he submitted his written statement of the entire shootout' fiasco in the cruise and encountering underworld don Dutta. Rk was questioned for his unplanned operation and he started that it was indeed an unplanned because he took that move suddenly to save his wife, who went to interview the underworld don for her news channel. He explained how she was trapped as they wanted to get him and he was forced to shoot her to save her life and then he had no other go but top shoot Dutta for their safety. After considering his statement and satisfied with his justification he was called back to duty and from next day he started back his work.

--0--

(Three weeks later)

It was late night when Madhu was done with her work at office. She checked her phone and noticed two missed call from her husband. She didn't bother to call him back. "I won't talk to you idiot!" she scolded her husband looking at his picture on the screen saver. She discarded her phone in her handbag and took out her Scooty key and started it.

She took the short cut route to reach her home soon but that was a mistake because that area was so secluded and gave her eerie feeling.

Suddenly a man came right in front of her vehicle and she had to apply the break and stop the vehicle so that she won't hit him. She then pushed her Scooty back with her legs and turned the hand bar to ride past him but the guy took out a knife and threatened her to stop. Madhu held her hands up and surrendered.

"What you want?" Madhu asked.

"I want whatever you have?" he replied. Madhu gulped in fear.

"What?"

"Give all the money you have and remove your gold ornaments and hand over it to me."

"No, it's all wrong."

"Shut up or I will insert this knife in your neck and kill you and take whatever I want from you."

"Okay, okay... cool... don't do anything to me. I will give you money... wait" Madhu took her handbag and dug into it as she searched for something. One her hand caught hold of the thing she pulled it out. It was a gun which Rk gave to her on their wedding night for her safety; she never thought one day it will come handy. She pointed the gun straight to the robber's head. "Drop your knife down or I will shoot you." Madhu threatened him back. The robber's eyes popped out in shock. He looked at his small pocket knife and looked at Madhu's gun.

"Hey, I know it's not a real gun." He smirked.

"You know who am I?" Madhu asked. He shook his head.

"I'm ACP Rishab Kundra's wife. Do you still think it's a fake gun?" she asked wriggling her brows. He shook his head again.

"C'mon, speak up. Cat caught your tongue."

"Sorry, sorry. You can go. I won't do anything to you." he said and stepped aside. Madhu laughed mockingly. "Now, you are giving me permission to go? Did I ask you to let me go?"

"Sorry madamji. I... um... you please permit me to go."

"Of course you are permitted to go to jail."

"Madamji, no." he took a step forward.

"Back! Back! or I will leave the bullet in your skull." Madhu ordered gripping the gun firmly in her hand. Once he stepped back she scooted back on her vehicle and asked the guy to sit in the front and ride the Scooty.

"Where to madamji?"

"Police station" Madhu answered and the robber applied the brake and stopped it. "Keep moving or I will shoot you." Madhu pressed the gun on his back. She had held the gun between them as a barrier.

"I wanna see my husband. I miss him." Madhu said sadly.

"Madamji, I can drop you at your home and you can meet him there, why police station?" he asked smartly.

"He is not at home. He is having night shift."

"Uh-huh... Then you go meet your husband madamji, why take me along? I don't want to be 'kebab mein haddi'..."

"Morning I had a fight with him" Madhu said in a low tone. She completely ignored his suggestion. "He tried to talk with me. Even now he called me twice but I didn't respond to him."

"Oh why?"

"You stupid, I told you nah we had a fight and I am mad at him then how you expect me to talk?"

"Oh right. You should not talk. You should not see him till your anger subsides. You should better go to your mother and cry your heart out."

"Why should I go to my mama and cry?" Madhu asked confused.

"To seek solace. You should stay there for at least a week. You should not forgive your husband so easily. He can be a police man but you are a strong madamji with gun."

"He gave me this gun." Madhu said and pressed the muzzle of the gun at his back.

"Madamji, please hold the gun carefully. Don't even by mistake fire the bullet. I am a family man."

"You have a family?"

"Yes, I have two wives and 4 children."

"You have two wives, you bas***d! I will shoot you..."

"Sorry madamji... I have only one wife and 2 children at home. I just exaggerated as i thought you will pity me and let me go."

"In your dream. I won't leave you till I hand over you to the police."

"Madamji, please. I'm really poor. I need some money to feed my family..."

"Oh... But then you took the wrong means to earn money. Don't worry, I will handover you to the police and once you come out of your punishment, you come and meet me. I work in 'Sakal' news channel. I will get you a job there."

"What job madamji?"

"Hun... Chief Editor job!" she mocked him.

"Really madamji?" He asked excitedly.

"Shut up or else I will put this bullet in your mouth" Madhu threw his own words back at him.

Soon they reached the police station, the station which was under Rk's control.

"Walk." Madhu asked the robber to walk first and once they stepped into the police station she dropped her gun back into her hand bag.

"I wanna file a complaint. Before that I need to meet your Assistant Commissioner Sir."

"ACP Sir is in a meeting. It will take time. You can tell me what your problem is and register you complaint and go home, madam."

"I won't go home without meeting your ACP Sir." Madhu said arrogantly and sat on the chair and started spinning the glass paper weight kept on the table.

"At least tell me what's your issue, Madam and who is this guy?" the police guy named Sharman Joshi asked.

"Mr. Joshi, he is a robber. He tried to snatch my chain and money... but I didn't let him. I just gave him a ride here so that you guys can do your business."

"How you got this guy here?" Joshi questioned him wondering how come a fragile little lady can bring a robber to police station.

"You know piggy back? I carried this pig on my back and brought him here." Madhu said batting her eyelashes.

"Madam!"

"Madhu!" Rk called walking out of his cabin along with a lady police.

"Who is she?" That was the first question she asked to her husband. Rk looked behind him and said "Pam, we will discuss the case later." he said and dragged Madhu back to his cabin.

... To be continued!!!

Vote, Comment & Share!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
3M 121K 60
Highest ranking: #9 Romance & #4 in General Fiction!!! WARNING: I wrote this book when I was 17 so there is a ton of grammatical errors so please re...
298K 11.6K 25
Meet Sara 22years old graduate with a loving Indian family. Her Father Mr. Rajesh kapoor who seems like a typical strict father but actually a best...
755K 22.7K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...