In Love With The Game || Core...

By mialuvlyy

"You may think I'm in love with the game, but I'm not. I'm in love with you. " Julia Pederson, is the younger... More

Chapter 1 : My Home
Chapter 2 : Left and Right
Chapter 3 : Ruin Me
Chapter 4 : Worst Things
Chapter 5 : Sibling Love
Chapter 6 : Liberty
Chapter 7 : Deserve
Soundtrack
Chapter 8 : Kiss and Tell
Chapter 9 : Cute
Chapter 10 : Little Sister
Chapter 11 : How Do I Dress For A Date
Chapter 12 : Truly Falling
Chapter 13 : Movie Night
Chapter 14 : Sick
Chapter 15 : Kill Me
Chapter 16 : Family Reunions
Chapter 17 : Use Me
Chapter 18 : Unbelievable
Chapter 19 : You Don't Know
Chapter 20 : How Hurt
Chapter 21 : Fake
Chapter 22 : First Day
Chapter 23 : Dead Meat
Chapter 24 : The Boys
Chapter 25 : Ederson
Chapter 26 : Closer
Chapter 27 : Million Dollar Smile
Chapter 28 : She's Perfect
Chapter 29 : OTP
Chapter 30 : What Did You Do
Chapter 31 : Say Goodbye
Chapter 32 : Danger In A Coffee Shop
Chapter 33 : Make My Day
Chapter 34 : Can't You See
Chapter 35 : The Worst
Chapter 36 : Yelich?
Chapter 37 : Mixed With Hate
Chapter 38 : Elevators
Chapter 39 : Therapy
Chapter 40 : Love, Corey
Chapter 41 : Seager Smooth
Chapter 42 : Prove Yourself
Chapter 43 : I'm In Love With You
Chapter 44 : What You've Done To Me
Chapter 45 : Marriage?
Chapter 46 : Blues
Chapter 47 : Close Strings
Chapter 48: Brother
Chapter 49 : You Just Don't Know
Chapter 50 : Beautiful Death
Chapter 51 : Letting Go
Chapter 52 : Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 53 : There She Goes
Chapter 54 : Stronger Without Him
Chapter 55 : I Lost Her
Chapter 56 : Rethink
Chapter 57 : Back In Time
Chapter 58 : Needed You
Chapter 59 : Changed Woman
Chapter 60 : Last Night
Chapter 61 : The Rock
Chapter 63 : Sound
Chapter 64 : Not So Loyal Corey
Chapter 65 : Let Me Go
Chapter 66 : Running Back
Chapter 67 : The Party Love Pt. 1
Chapter 68 : The Party Love Pt. 2
Chapter 69 : Mothers and Fathers
Chapter 70 : Gone
Chapter 71 : This Is It

Chapter 62 : Gas Pedal

1.7K 60 35
By mialuvlyy

30 votes and 30 comments for next chapter.
A knock on my door startles me, "Come in." I speak. Corey walks into the room and I stare at him surprised that he would be the one to talk to me.

"Hey Julia." Corey says nervously. I sit up in bed and stare at him waiting for him to begin. "There's more to your story than you not being ready. I know you." Corey says. "You don't know me Corey." I say. Corey points to me bed, "May I?" He asks. I nod and Corey sits down.

"I know you more than you know yourself Julia." Corey says. "What makes you believe that?" I ask. "Believe that? I know that. One hundred percent." Corey says. "You don't know me, because I don't even know myself." I say. "Julia, I loved you for two years, I know every flaw, every perfection, every thought, every action, and every emotion you may have. I have loved you so much that it has become a specialty to know when something is wrong or what is wrong with you." Corey says smiling.

"You ran from the car, from us not because you weren't ready, but because you won't let go of the past. You're ready, we all know you are or else we wouldn't have done this. You, my friend are too scared and afraid to let go off the past and move on." Corey says. "My past has a lot to do with this, but the truth is I am not ready." I say.

"You say that because you don't want to agree with me. You're ready Julia, not once in my life have you not been prepared to take the next step in life. You are ready." Corey says placing a hand on my shoulder. I stare at his hand and close my eyes, "Get out of my room." "Wha-what did i do?" Corey asks confused.

"I am not ready and you keep pushing me!" I yell. "Well if you don't push yourself then who will?" Corey asks raising his eyebrows. I stay quiet and Corey stands up and leaves my room.

I sigh, and stand up to leave my room. Corey was right, I was ready. But something told me that once I got in the drivers seat that I wouldn't be able to press the gas pedal. Then again I must push myself to move on.

I walk out of the house and find everyone exactly where they are. "Thank you all." I say frowning. "I accept the gift, but i'm not sure when id be able to drive." I add. They all smile, "We're here for you Julia." Mariana says. I smile and Joc tosses me the keys. "Why don't we go out for breakfast?" Clayton asks. "I actually have to go into work." Travis says raising his hand. We nod and he walks towards me and hugs me. "I'll see you later hopefully." He says before kissing my cheek and walking to his car.

A car pulls up to my driveway and I stare at it before recognizing it. "I'm gonna go change so we can get going, can you leg José in?" I ask Trayce. Trayce nods and I jog into the house up to my room.

When I was finished getting dressed I walk downstairs and greet José who stands by the staircase. "Good morning." Jose says smiling. "Good morning." I say before leaning up to kiss him. "You look beautiful." He says. I blush, "Thank you." José grabs onto my hand and we walk outside to meet the others. "Everyone ready?" I ask. They nod and José guides me to his car. "I can fit three more." José says. Joc, Trayce, and Marley follow us and they all get in the backseat.

José opens the passengers side door for me and I thank him before sliding in. José walks around the car and slides into drivers seat. "Where to?" José asks. "IHOP." Joc says. José nods and starts the car. "So a new car?" José asks smirking. I nod. "Do you like it?" José asks. "I miss my baby, but the car is great. I love it." I say smiling. José smiles, and places a hand on top of mine. I smile and Joc leans forwards between Jose and I. "You two seem very happy." Joc says, "We are." Jose says smiling. "What about you and that one girl, I forgot her name." I ask turning in my seat to face Joc.

Joc stays quiet and I stare at him waiting for an answer. "We broke up because I never had time for her." Joc says frowning. "Awh sorry to hear that bud." I say frowning. Joc nods and the rest of the ride to IHOP was quiet.

~*~

When we get to IHOP I sit between Trayce and Jose and across from Corey. "So how is your training?" Corey asks. "It's been hard, but I will get there." I say nodding. Corey nods, "I'm willing to help if you want." Corey says. "Corey, you must forget I am an athletic trainer." I say chuckling. Marley laughs and Corey blushes, "Right." He says. I nod and turn to Trayce. "We cant set up the gym tomorrow if you want." Trayce says. "That sounds good. I'll call Travis, Dylan, and Jeffrey for help." I say. Trayce nods, "Wait you guys are making a gym in your house?" Joc asks. I nod and he widens his eyes. "I am totally going over to your house more often." Joc says. I chuckle, "Sounds good."

~*~
When we arrive at Dodger Stadium we all head into the clubhouse to get ready for practice, since there was no game today or tomorrow. "Julia, I need to talk to you." Dave says motioning me to walk to him. I nod and make my way to him. "Have you seen Danny?" Dave asks. I nod, "We had breakfast with him. He should be on his way." I say. "Has he told you?" Dave asks. "Told me what?" I ask. Dave sighs, "Danny quit last night. He's moving to New York with Rebecca." Dave says. I widen my eyes, "When does he leave?" I ask. "In one hour." Dave says.

I check my watch and look back at Dave, "What airport?" I ask. "LAX." Dave says in hurry. "Dave I gotta go." I say. Dave nods and I run out of his office and to the parking lot. Crap, I don't drive or have a car.

I run back into the clubhouse and see only Corey and Joc. "I need a car, now." I say to them. They both stare at me confused and I put my hand out. "Please." I say. Corey digs in his pockets and hands me his car keys. "I'll be right back." I say running towards the parking lot. I hear footsteps behind me, but I don't bother to turn around.

I find Corey's car and unlock it before climbing in. "Remember what happened last time Julia." Corey says as he reaches the car. I jump and turn to him. "Don't do that." I say. Corey blushes, "Sorry." I nod, "You were in a hurry last time. Don't rush, take your time." Corey says. I nod and look down at the hands in my lap. "And text me when you get to your destination." He adds.

I look up and turn to Corey surprised. "Even though we aren't together I still care." Corey says. And for the first time since i've woken up I looked into Corey's eyes and saw love. "I'll see you later." He says before stepping away from the car. I nod and start the car before taking off to LAX.

~*~
Once I get to the airport I search for the flights for New York. I begin running towards the terminal Danny might be at.

"Excuse me." I say as I push through the crowd of people the block me. "Ouch." Someone says as they fall to the ground. I stop running and turn around, "Jensen?" I question as I greet the familiar face. "Julia." He says surprised. "You're alive." He adds. "Yes, I am." I say nodding. "How long have you've been awake?" He questions. "A month and a half." I say, "Oh wow." Jensen says. I nod, "Flight A134 to New York now boarding." I turn around and back to Jensen. "I would love to talk, but I have to say goodbye to someone." I say before running again.

"Danny!" I yell as I spot the familiar face. Danny turns and stops in his place. I run towards him and he stares at me in surprised. "You weren't going to tell me that you were leaving?" I ask. Danny shakes his head, "When were you going to tell me?" I question. "When I landed in New York." He says. "Why? Don't I deserve an explanation?" I ask. "Yes Julia you do. But I knew you wouldn't stop giving up until I stay here. I have to go Julia." Danny says. "Why? Why must you leave?" I ask.

"Rebecca has stayed here in LA because of my job, family, and basically my whole life was built here. Her family lives in New York and I feel like it's her turn to have all of that. Rebecca deserves it after all she's done for me." Danny says. I frown, "What about your job? Who are giving it to?" I ask. Danny smiles and digs into his pocket before revealing a key. "You. I know you're leaving soon, but you're also the only person who knows what to do. Then when you must leave give it to someone." Danny says placing the key in my hand. I smile and bring Danny into a hug. "I know I've grown to be an important person in your life Julia, and I know that right now it must hurt you to know that I'm leaving to live across the country." Danny whispers.

I nod in agreement and Danny pulls out of the hug. "But you are going to be an amazing successful woman. Wither you're in the Navy or training baseball players. You, my friend have the mind to do anything in life. So go do it Julia." Danny says smiling. I stare at Danny in surprised and I smile. "And that boy that you no longer have, Corey. He is the one missing out on something great, not you." Danny says placing a hand on my shoulder. "Ready honey?" Rebecca says walking up to Danny. Danny nods and I wave goodbye to the two.

~*~
I leave the airport not bothered to find Jensen. I was sad that Danny was gone. I climb into Corey's car and begin to drive towards Dodger Stadium. Green light, I go and someone cuts me off and I slam on the breaks. Flashbacks of my car accidents begin to haunt me and everything that I didn't want to remember. I step out of the car and ignore the honks made by the people behind me. I pull out my phone and dial Corey's number.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 953 82
Jada Scott, a top model, but aspiring clothing line owner, working across the United States. She has roots that lead her to love the game of baseball...
84.3K 853 32
Janine Marley, a sophomore is dating Corey Seager who's a senior in Northwest Cabarrus High School. They've been dating for 6 months and have never g...
87.4K 872 28
~~Completed~~ You and best friend go to a Los Angeles Dodgers game and you end up bumping into Number 35. Is it a dream?
618K 13K 72
The story of two different yet very similar football players who fall in love with each other. Jayden Daly is Chelsea's goalkeeper and sister of Rach...