The Werewolf Under My Bed

By MissyNicole93

(Cover By: ClariiY) She found him hiding in her father's tool shed when she was ten and the for the past seve... More

:The Werewolf Under My Bed:Prologue: Seven Years Ago
:The Werewolf Under My Bed:1: Brown Eyes
:The Werewolf Under My Bed:2: Keeping Secrets
:The Werewolf Under My Bed:3: Love At First Sight?
:The Werewolf Under My Bed:4: Coincidentally
:The Werewolf Under My Bed:5: First Dates
:The Werewolf Under My Bed:6: Nightmares Revisited

:The Werewolf Under My Bed:7: The Morning After

11.5K 498 240
By MissyNicole93

The Werewolf Under My Bed-

A lot of you seem to think the wolf was Aiden's brother, or Harry aka the guy at the bowling alley, but you're wrong. I'm not gonna say who it was because I've got the reveal all planned out in my head, but I will tell you this he's not a character that's already been introduced in this book. I'm trying to leave subtle hints, but I've never been very good at it, so hopefully no one will figure it out until it is reveal a couple chapters from now. I would still love to hear your ideas on who it is, though!

Not much going on in this chapter, so I guess it could be considered the calm before the storm?

The Morning After-

“You just had to go and scare the poor girl, didn't you?” His mate scowled darkly at him from where she leaned against the doorway of his office. He didn't bother to answer her, knowing it would only prove to anger her more and the lecture he could feel coming would be bad enough as it was. He saw no need to anger his pregnant mate any more than she was. “You're just gonna ignore me now, too?”

Sighing roughly he jerked a hand through his hair, glancing up sharply when the door to his office closed with a low, barely audible click. “What would you have me say? I made a mistake by not revealing myself sooner, but it worked it the boy's favor, did it not?” He'd known better than to patrol the girl's house, but he had to make sure that no hunters had located the boy.

“But you scared the daylights out of that girl!” He growled lowly when she shouted, throwing her hands up in the air. Her anger hit me square in the face, the spicy, defiant scent making his need for her sky rocket almost entirely out of his control. How could he still want her as badly as he had when they had first met after all these years? “Don't you look at me like that, we're going to discuss this.”

Damn, she knew him too well. “There is nothing to be discussed. I got too close to the girl's house, that was an error on my part. It will not happen again. As long as the boy stays with her, where we can find him, there is no issue.”

“What if he leaves? What if her parents find him? You don't really think they'll just let him stay there, do you? Damn it, that poor boy doesn't deserve to be put out on the streets again because you scared them into making a hasty decision.” Her hands went to her hips in her ire, flames sparking in her eyes.

“If it comes down to that he will not be alone. Do you really think I would leave him on the streets?” Incredulity filled his voice at the thought. He knew the horrors the boy had witnessed at the hands of the Hunters, that the girl had been his only form of happiness for the past seven years. Did she really think him capable of allowing that happiness ripped from one of his own pack member's hands?

“I don't think you would, if you could help it, but you can't always be there to keep an eye on him. You know that girl's parents won't just overlook the fact that he's been staying there without their permission for the past seven years. What do you plan on doing then? She'll be forced to choose, how can you expect that to go well for either of them?” Her anger dissipated quickly, being replaced by her concern as her hands laid protectively over her distended abdomen.

“I do not, but there is nothing I can do that will change the outcome either way. Even if I had not made my presence known her parents would have found out eventually.” And that was the kicker wasn't it. No matter how hard he tried to protect those he had known when they were children, their futures were still unknown.

Andie-

“Andrea,” Warm, calloused fingertips brushed the hair from my forehead. He pressed feather light kisses above my eyebrows, chuckling softly when I groan and turn over onto my side in an attempt to get away from his pestering. “Andrea, wake up.”

“No, go away.” I moaned, pulling the blankets over my head as I cuddled against his still warm pillow, inhaling his scent. Damn it, its too early in the morning to be getting up, what the hell did he think he was doing? He knew better than to wake me up this early. Especially after the last time-he had a bruise the size of my foot on his side for an entire day.

“Come on, I made you breakfast.” He whispered laughingly, pulling the blankets from my grasp. The thought of food was tempting but not enough so for me to move my lazy ass. “You can't stay in bed all day, baby.” Baby, he had started calling baby last night after we'd kissed and though I'm loathe to admit it I feel all giddy inside whenever he does. He didn't seem to see what was so significant about it, but he didn't seem to mind that I hadn't been able to stop smiling even after we'd finally gone to bed. In fact, Aiden seemed to revel in his ability to make me smile like a moron.

That didn't mean I was willing to get up, though.

“Yes, I can. Watch me.” I grumbled, not opening my as as I reach blindly for the blankets he'd stolen from me. I could damn well do what I wanted and no one, but no one was going to tell me differently. Not even Aiden. “Go watch TV or something. I'll be down later.”

It was all his fault anyway. I wouldn't be so sleepy if he hadn't decided he wanted to stay up all night watching horror movies. If he had let me go to bed at a normal hour like a normal person I wouldn't still be curled up in my blankets like a baby. Sure he didn't need as much sleep as I did but come on, I'm only human! I like my beauty sleep and Aiden knows it. So what does he think he's doing?

“You're going to make me eat lunch by myself then?” I could hear the disappointment loud and clear in his voice and it makes me feel a little bad. Usually he barely ate anything and he always ate by himself, whether I offered to eat with him or not. Just another reason to tell my parents, I guess.

But wait-lunch? “I thought you said you made breakfast?” With a stretch I sit up in my bed, opening only one eye to peak at his face. There was no sign of the disappointment I'd heard in his voice, but that didn't mean much. Aiden was quite good at masking his emotions when he didn't want them known. It was extremely annoying.

He grinned, dropping a light kiss to my lips before he set a tray of food in front of me. “It is breakfast, for you but seeing as its already noon technically its lunch.” He cleared his throat. “I didn't know what you would like so I just grabbed whatever I could find.” He blushed bright red and I grinned.

“You made me breakfast in bed?” The fact that he had no idea that I would have been good with just a slice of toast and some juice made me feel worse than the disappointment in his voice moments ago. We've never actually been able to have breakfast together, we'd never been able to do a lot of things together because my parents never knew he was here.

I wish things had been different these past seven years but if they were.. where would we be now? Would we be eating breakfast at noon in my bed or would we be in completely different towns barely able to remember one another?

His smile dropped. “Hey, why the long face?” He brushed the pad of his thumb across my cheek, eyes flitting all across my face. “What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing,” I try for a reassuring smile but it probably comes out as a grimace more than anything. Aiden cocked a disbelieving eyebrow at me. “My parents-” Deep breath. “I think we should tell them you've been staying here.”

“Are you sure?” Hell, now how do I answer that one? Did I really want to tell my parents about him? No. But I really did not want to keep pretending he wasn't here. And I wanted nothing more than to have dinner with him like a normal person would. I'm so tired of sneaking around behind their backs but telling my parents the truth? The thought terrified the living hell out of me.

I nod and he cocks an eyebrow again, staring me dead in the eye until I sigh and look away. “No, not really but I don't want to keep lying to them.” Okay so maybe I wasn't actually lying to them, technically, but technicalities didn't make me feel any better about the situation.

My parents are going to freak the hell out when they find out and I really I wouldn't blame them. But what had me scared is what they might end up doing to Aiden when they find out. That is what I'm dreading because I honestly don't know what to expect.

He nods, both hands cupping my cheeks. “How do you suggest we tell them?” It was obvious he didn't like the idea of telling my parents by the look on his face but he was going to do it just because I wanted to? Why would he do that? My parents-my dad-would most likely kill us both, he had to know that, didn't he?

I shrug, I hadn't quite thought this through. I knew we needed to tell them but I hadn't quite figured out the how or the when yet. Surely this isn't something that we should tell them over the phone, right?

Damn it, this would be so much easier if I knew how to go about it. But of course, I doubt there's any book on how to tell your parents that you've had a werewolf sleeping in your room for the past seven years.

“Andrea?” Aiden frowned, tilting my head back slightly. “Is everything all right? Did he really even have to ask? Nothing was alright but his birthday is tomorrow. We didn't need to talk about it just yet; my parents aren't even due back for another two days. The heavy discussions could wait.

“Every thing's fine. Why don't you go shower?” My eyes wander around my room, avoiding any eye contact with him for the moment. How had I slept until noon? I've never slept until noon before. I really shouldn't have stayed up so late last night.

“Eat your breakfast, I'll be back in a bit and then I've got a surprise for you.” He kissed my forehead gently before he walked out of the room, still refusing to use my bathroom rather than the one downstairs. This time, though, I wasn't complaining.

I had something I needed to do and I wanted it to be a surprise.

I wait for several minutes just to make sure he's had time to get all the way downstairs and into the bathroom before I grab my cell phone off the stand beside my bed and scan through my contacts list until I find the number I'm looking for. It rings several times before a low, gravelly voice that reminds me a lot of Aiden's answers the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey Kain, its me. Do you still have that bike we talked about?” I was only on the phone with him for ten or fifteen minutes before we agreed upon a price and time that I'd be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Aiden would be 19 tomorrow and he had never let me throw him a party or make a big fuss out of his birthday before but now, now I'm determined to celebrate his birthday somehow. He was just going to have to suck it up and get over it.

We were celebrating tomorrow whether he liked it or not.

There was something familiar about Kain's voice though. I'd never seen him in person; Josh had just given me the guy's phone number in case I wanted to buy the bike he had for sale for Aiden's birthday. His voice reminded me so much of Aiden, though, that it was unsettling. It just had to be my imagination and I know that. But it didn't stop my mind from racing.

Fortunately though, my thoughts seemed to all revolve around Aiden and his shower. Christ, I really need to get my hormones under control. If I didn't I might end up acting on some of the thoughts running through my mind, like going down and joining him in the shower. Wonder what he would do if I did that?

I don't know how long I just sat in my bed trying to get rid of the thoughts floating around in my head but my stomach growling pulled me out of my thoughts and I glanced at the food Aiden had brought me. Cereal, frozen waffles, toast, pop tarts, and scrambled eggs. What did he think he was doing feeding himself?

There was no way I was eating half of this no matter how hungry I am. It was sweet but it kinda made me think he was trying to fatten me up. I snort at the thought. Fatten me up. Why would he be trying to fatten me up? So he could eat me?

I snicker, yea that's it. He's trying to fatten me up so he stick me in the oven, cook me and eat me. See what I mean about my imagination running away with me?

“What's so funny?” His voice at my ear makes me jump, a shriek falling from my lips. Aiden chuckled, catching me before I can slip off my bed. “A little jumpy aren't we?”

“Sorry, I was just thinking about-uh-one of those movies we watched last night.” I smile up at him, narrowing my eyes at the worn out jeans, long sleeved shirt and hiking boots on his feet. “Where are you going?”

He grinned. “We are going to this lake I stumbled across last night. So, go ahead and get dressed-did you not eat?” Concern clouded his brown eyes and his forehead creased as he put the back of his hand against my own forehead.

“I'm fine, I'm just not that much of an eater when I first wake up.” I grimace. “Sorry.” He'd been adorably sweet and made me breakfast-lunch-whatever-and now it would all go to waste. Maybe I should have told him I don't eat breakfast before now.

He shrugged, picking the tray up as he stood to put it on my dresser by the door. “Don't worry about it, I'll just pack us some sandwiches or something for later.” He turned towards the door, putting his hand on the door knob before he paused glancing back at me with a pained expression on his face. “Andrea, how mad would your mother be if something happened to her toaster... and one of her skillets?”

“Well, she wouldn't be happy but that would just give her an excuse to go out and go shopping so... Wait, did something happen to them?” He blushed, mouth opening and closing like a fish and my eyes widen. “Aiden? What happened?”

“I didn't read the package on the pop tarts. I guess you're supposed to take the covering off before you put them in the toaster and as for the skillet.. Are you sure you really want to know?” He scratched the back of his head, awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other.

“You-you broke the toaster? And a skillet?” I snicker, covering my mouth with my hand when he narrows his eyes on me. “Anything else?” Oh my, he's worse in the kitchen than my dad and he ended up catching the stove on fire trying to boil water. But he's never broken anything.

“I-um-uh.. Maybe you should come down and see for yourself.” Well now I was a little afraid. It couldn't possibly be as bad as he's thinking it is, can it?

“Don't be so worried, I'm sure its not that bad.” He snorts when I walk by, patting his arm as I walk out my bedroom door. “What was that?” He'd mumbled something under his breath as I passed, but I hadn't been to catch any word of it.

“Nothing, nothing. Just be prepared, I had hoped you would so I could clean up the mess but-” Aiden cleared his throat. “Just-don't be upset with me. I've never tried to cook anything before and I know there's a big mess but I'll clean it-”

I cut him off with a short kiss to his lips and pull him down the hall and stairs with me. He was probably overreacting anyway. There's no way he could have done any serious damage to the kitchen. “Come on, Aiden..” He digs his heels into the carpet, forcing me to try and drag him the rest of the way into the kitchen. I say try because well, its like trying to move a mountain and we all know that's impossible.

“I'd rather not. Why don't you just go upstairs and I'll finish cleaning-Andrea!” He tried to catch my arm when I dropped his hand but I'd already made it into the kitchen by the time he grabbed me.

Okay, I take back what I said. It can be as bad as he thinks, worse too. Plates were broken, the toaster looked like it had been through a war zone and as promised the skillet was mangled beyond belief. How had I not heard this destruction while it was happening? I know I sleep like the dead but come on, no one should be able to sleep through all this.

And I wasn't even going to think about what could quite possibly be on my mother's favorite curtains. Or the ceiling. I wasn't going to ask and he had better not tell me.

“Wow-how did you-do I even want to know what happened down here while I was sleeping?” He shakes his head as his only answer and I sigh. Pulling my hair up into a pony tail with the scrunchy I had around my wrist, I cock an eyebrow at his tense form leaning against the doorway. “Well come on. We can go the lake tomorrow, this has to be cleaned up before my mom and dad get home or I'm dead.”

He blinked at me. “You're not-you aren't mad?” Confusion colored his tone and he looked just disbelieving enough to keep me from laughing at him.

“No, you said yourself you've never cooked before. Besides you went through all the trouble of making me breakfast, how can I be mad at you for that? Now come on. I'm not cleaning this up myself.” I clap my hands, grimacing when I turn back around to survey the damage once more before deciding on where to start cleaning first. Aiden's arms wrap around me from behind before I can move, though. “We need to start cleaning before-”

His arms tightened around my waist, lips brushing lightly across my ear., his breath fanned the back of my neck. “I know what I want for my birthday now.”

My lips twitch into a smile and I back into his hold, laying my hands on his arms to keep him in place. “And what's that?”

“Tu, per sempre.” Huh?

I turn in his arms, frowning at the smile in his eyes. “You're not gonna tell me what that means, are you?” Since when did he start speaking foreign languages?

Aiden pressed a light kiss to my forehead. “You'll figure it out.”

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.

Like I said, not much going on but I think it was cute.

Question: How should Aiden meet Andrea's parents?? Any ideas?

Continue Reading