The Ghost Upstairs (A Ghost S...

By HelloBello

Leanne, Ashleigh, Noah, and Elijah are sucked up in a murder that happened over 100 years ago. A man had bee... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15, Part I
Chapter 15, Part II

Chapter 9

290 1 4
By HelloBello

-Elijah's P.O.V-

I sat in my wheel chair in Leanne's apartment, I watched the news, and then channel surfed.  I never settled on anything.  My cell phone rang from my pocket.  After multiple shiftings I finally got it out and pressed the green button.  "Hello?" I said.

Leanne's voice answered.  "Hey Eli, uhm, we won't be home for a while.  Something unexpected came up." She said, a mixture of sadness and not-wanting in her voice.

I was immediately on alert "What happened? Are you okay?"  I muted the television, it was distracting me.

"Yeah, we're all fine."

"We?"

"Yeah, Ashleigh, Noah, and I.  We're working together on something." Leanne said.  He heard something in the background that sounded like 'hi!'.  Leanne chuckled.  "Ashleigh says hi." A clatter sounded on the phone.  "Oops, I got to go.  I'll see you later.  Bye."

"Bye Lee." I said, and ended the phone call.  What was wrong?  It didn't seem that serious if Ashleigh had called hi.  I shrugged it off and turned the volume back up on the television.

-Ashleigh's P.O.V-

I picked up the hoops that varied in size.  I was proud of her work, using pliers to perfect the wire coat hangers into rings.  I carefully measured and put the hoops in the right spots.  Leanne watched over my shoulder.  Voicing approval sometimes.

I held it up.  "Here, put it on over your pants." I said.  

Leanne slipped into them and walked around.  The hoops swayed greatly at her feet.  "They fit nice....I think."

I felt confused.  "Well they fit or not, do they or do they not?" 

"Well they do fit, I'm just not sure if it's the right fit....Like people back then wouldn't know if a pair of jeans fit them right, because they've never worn them before.  Same feeling here." Leanne said, swirling in a circle.  "Wait, how am I supposed to sit down?"

No one thought of that.  Noah sat, amused on the other side of the room.  "Why don't you just try sitting in a chair?" He got up and pushed his chair over to her.

"Uhm, okay."  Leanne stood in front of the chair.  First she hiked up her skirt, and then realized she wouldn't be able to that without jeans underneath.  Then she just sat down.  The hoops did a chain reaction and in the span of a few seconds the bottom hoop had hit her in the forehead and went over her head, revealing her jeans.  She stood up in a huff.

Noah began to laugh then disguised it as coughing.  Leanne punched him in the shoulder.  "Well what now?" she asked.

No one knew what to say.  "Try shifting the hoops to lean forward." Noah said with a shrug.  "I don't know."

Leanne contemplated how to do that.  She eventually lifted her skirt in the back a little and sat down.  A smile lit her face.  "I think we've got it."

"Alright, let's go."  Noah said.

"Are we going to try and get farther with the investigation?" I asked.  Noah and Leanne gave me dubious looks.  "I'll take that as a yes." I coughed and cleaned up the stuff off the table and floor around me.  

Leanne got back into her normal clothes, and we all piled into Noah's car, Leanne in the back, and I riding shot gun.

We soon got to Leanne's apartment and opened the door.  "Knock knock!" I said, opening the door and seeing Elijah sitting in his wheel chair.

"Hey guys, what took so long?" Elijah asked, looking at the skirt in Leanne's arms.

"Well, this is a skirt we made, so Leanne could fit in better."  Noah explained.

"Uhm, you sat in the corner and laughed at us.  I think it was more Leanne and I worked on it." I chided him.  He put his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, so are we going to do this thing or what?" Leanne said, walking towards her room.

"Ready." I mumbled.  

"Okay, you guys assist Elijah upstairs while I change, and get ready and stuff."  She said.  

We nodded and helped pull Elijah up the stairs.

-Elijah's P.O.V-

Noah and Ashleigh finally got me up the stairs, I couldn't wait to get my crutches, this wheel chair was so clunky.

After about ten minutes Leanne rushed up the stairs, wearing a dark blue skirt that got wider at the bottom, she also wore a plain white blouse, and her hair was in a strange design, it was pinned up at the top, with some strands falling.

"I tried my best." She said.  "But I still feel like a very old woman." She glanced down "With a very big skirt."

We all laughed at her discomfort.

"Well, get this thing over with." She grumbled, walking into the 'empty' apartment with Noah.

"I thought you went with Leanne?" I said

"Noah and I rotate.  Tonight's his night." Ashleigh said.  

"Oh....Okay." I said, hating being in a wheel chair because *I* wanted to be in there with Leanne.

-Leanne's P.O.V-

"Well how should we keep me from getting a concussion?  Trust fall or just you holding on?" I asked Noah, standing uncertainly in front of him.

"I was always bad at the trust fall." He said indifferently.  I suppose that meant just holding on.  No matter how awkward.  I turned around and Noah slipped his arms under mine, and for a second clasped his hands behind my head as a joke.

"Haha" I said sarcastically.  

This time I didn't even see the shadow, just heard Noah's grunt at the unexpected dead weight in his arms.

I once again heard much shouting.  The same man rushed up to me.  "He-" 

I quickly interrupted him.  "No, I'm good, thanks."

I looked quickly around then speed walked towards the medium's place of business and walked in.  The familiar Russian accent loudly interrupted my thoughts.

"Hello, welcome back young girl!"  She roared.

Wait a minute, welcome back?  "Excuse me, how do you remember me?" I asked

"Well I don't forget my costumers, since I have very few." She chuckled.  

"Yes, but no one else remembers me...How can you possibly remember me?" I asked, still in shock.

"I'm a medium.  I can't explain it, but I always remember stuff.  Once I had this young man come in...well now's not the time for stories.  What do you need help with now?" She asked.

"Well, since you can remember me I might as well just tell you.  I'm from the year 2012." I said.

"Ooh, a time traveller."

"Well, that's the thing, there's basically no time travel, well there's the thing about looking at stars-But now's not the time for that.  I live in an apartment complex, in the quarters above mine there's a ghost.  I presume he's a man.  He brings me back every time we're aquantienced.  I came prepared this time, if you remember my outfit from last time." I motioned to my clothes.

"Continue...." She looked incredibly intrigued.  

"So as I said, he keeps bringing me back, and my assumption is he will continue doing that until I justify his murder."  I finished.

"Such a strange tale." She said simply.  

"So my first notion was to just figure out who he was.  I went to our library and looked up murders on Abbey street, like you told me the first time I came.  And, uh, I narrowed him down to three people.  I don't know which one he is.  That's why I was hoping you could contact him again."  I spilled.

"Okay.  You remember the routine from last time?" She asked, holding out her hands.  I nodded and took them.  "The only difference is focus on one of three names.  We will do this three times.  After we're finished, you must explain about the stars and libraries and...what was the word? Apartment complex? Yes." She smiled and I chuckled.  

I focused on a name.  Paul Ladris.  I focused on the bulky-ish build of the ghost, and then focused on the name...Paul Ladris, Ladris....The name echoed in my head and I got so deep into my thought I almost fell back in my chair when the medium jumped up.

"Who are you, disturbing me from my eternal sleep?" She boomed in a really deep voice.

"I was wondering if you were the one murdered on Abbey street." I whimpered, still jumped.

"You foolish girl, I died peacefully in my sleep." He yelled, before leaving her.  She slumped in her chair.

"Okay, how much with for that session?" I said, fishing around in the little bag I brought.

Her chest rising and falling quickly, she said between gasps; "You're payment will be explaining all the future stuff."  She seemed to gain her energy impossibly fast, but I shook it off.

"All right, let's do the next one." she said.  She held out her hands.

This time we learned Howard Terrafino had also died naturally.

"Okay, so that means Frank Keaton is our guy." I said.

"No, no.  We must check to be certain.  Sit down." She ordered.  I don't know why, but I obeyed her like a dog

This time Frank was our guy.

"You have finally found me!" He said.  His voice sounded smaller, more sing-song like.

"Oh, yes!" I cried.  "Now that we know who you are, we can find out more about you!"

"I cannot remember.  All I remember is waking up in a strange place, and the last place I was being Abbey Street." He said.

"Wait, that's all you remembered?" I said, my enthusiasm dropping.  He couldn't tell us anything else that would narrow down the subject.

"I am sorry.  But this is all I can tell you." He said, before leaving Madam Jean slumped in her chair, utterly exhausted.

"Come back tomorrow, child, let me rest." She heaved.

I woke up with a cool cloth on my head, and a warm hand in my hand.  

"She's awake." I heard an ever familiar voice call.  

" I know who we're looking for now." I said, my voice cracking with thirst and tiredness.

"That's great." Elijah said, and he leaned down, lifted the cloth and kissed me on the forehead.  I smiled before falling back into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 40.7K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
16.5M 641K 63
BitmiลŸ nefesi, biraz kฤฑrฤฑlgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuลŸ, Elleri nasฤฑrlฤฑ, Gรถzleri gรถzlerime kenetli; "ฤฐyi ki girdin hayatฤฑma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
37.5K 1.7K 25
Abisinden ลŸiddet gรถren bi kฤฑzฤฑn kurtulmak iรงin bulduฤŸu รงรถzรผmle kendini รงekiลŸmeli bi aลŸkฤฑn iรงinde bulur...