It's My Job (Mitch Rapp/Teen...

By Piper5

Stiles Stilinski vanishes after the Dread Doctors incident. Years later he comes back. A changed man. (Editin... More

Preview
I'm Not Stiles
Our World Is Gone
First Meeting
What I Don't Say...
Old Friend
Old Enemy
Disbelief
Even You...
Disconnected
What Is Implied
Threatening
So Far?
Emotional Strings Attached
Pulling and Knotting String
Do I Ever?
Familiar Anger
Death Is Calling Banshee
Humans Together
You've Never Met Someone Like Me
Since Mary...
Hard Pill To Swallow
Not Quite Right
Shall We?
False Promise
The Challenge/Editing
Help Has Arrived
It's My Job
Comforting Winds
Sour Wolf
What You Deserve
My Last...
Strings Knotting Together
It Makes Sense
She Was His World
The Ring On The Dead Finger
A Good End
Understanding Me
Puzzle Pieces Falling Into Place
Taunt Strings
The Dead Don't Talk
Scissors Closer To The String
Strings Wrapped Around My Heart
Attached To You
Cutting Into The Strings Around The Heart
Snip, Snip
Honest Goodbyes
Epilogue

Pulling The Strings Together

15.1K 414 338
By Piper5

The table was already booked for them. Anna had called up beforehand and pulled some strings. It helped they were friends with the person in charge.

For some reason, Mitch felt like someone was watching him. Like Corey and Mason were hiding behind a vase and taking pictures and talking about how cute he and Anna looked together and sending it to the pack.

That's just what he needed, Scott interrupting them with pictures on his phone of them. He seemed to have really taken to Anna, he was unsure how the alpha would react to knowing his...interest in Anna and their close interactions.

He honestly wouldn't put it past them. Or in fact Lydia, but as she hated him right now, so probably not.

They both looked at the menu. There were so many things to decide from. Mitch was used to eating what ever he needed to, to give him the energy to carry out his missions. He wasn't a fussy eater. But he did prefer large portions when he could get them.

Anna was looking at the soup.

Mitch said teasingly "Little boring option don't you think?"

Anna said, leaning closer to him, "Then, what do you suggest?"

Mitch smirked as he said, "I think you know"

"Do I?" Anna said, but playful and teasing.

He then felt her legs, touching him, pressing into him and going upwards...

She was bold.

He liked that.

"How about-" He said, pretending he hadn't felt that.

"-that"

He pointed to a dish on the menu, noting its spelling and how you're meant to pronounce it.

Anna noticed this as well and reddened a little as she read it.

"Sounds good" She said.

"Just good?" Mitch asked, making his intentions pretty clear.

She blushed even more but said also leaning in "Very good"

"Cough, Cough"

The waiter stood in front of them, ready to take their order.

She did glance at Mitch a little too often as she took his order. He ignored it, pretty used to it. The waiter was also only a teenager, around eighteen or nineteen, probably.

It was strange thinking that when he really lived here, he wouldn't in his wildest dreams consider this to be a normal thing or even imagine that he could look, well, attractive.

Mind you, Mitch thought, looking at Anna, he'd probably a complete stammering mess and in disbelief someone like Anna wanted to go out with him.

But now? He felt confident and self-assured. He looked good and he knew it.

"That poor girl" Anna giggled.

It seemed she too had noticed the waiter eyeing up Mitch as she had taken their order. Even stammering a little as she took Mitch's order and hurrying away afterward, a little too fast.

Anna grinned at Mitch.

"She probably wishes she was in my place" Anna said slyly.

"Does she? I didn't notice," Mitch lied, but his voice was playful.

"I'm sure you didn't" Anna bantered back.

"I do think that many people would say the same thing about me" Mitch then said.

"Little cheesy but thank you" Anna giggled.

"Which you like"

"I do not"

"Then why are you smiling?"

"Damn it, you've caught me" Anna laughed.

They grinned at each other.

If anyone else looked their way, all they would see was an ordinary couple having fun, both looked very relaxed and didn't take their eyes off each other while talking.

Mitch's expression turned more serious as he asked her, "If it's okay with you, I wanted to ask, you told me your father died?"

Anna's posture changed quickly, her shoulders slumping inwards and her eyes dropped to the floor.

"Yes" She said softly.

"He had something similar to what my mother had?" Mitch prompted.

Anna nodded.

"When did it happen?" He asked.

"Only for a year. It was quick for that type of illness" She said.

Mitch frowned.

Very quick, he thought.

"You got to say goodbye, right?" He asked finally.

Anna smiled happily as she nodded, "I did"

"That's all we could ever ask for I guess" Mitch said gently.

Anna nodded sadly.

Soon their food was given to them.

"Give my compliments to Mason" Mitch told the waiter who nodded bright red before she hurried away.

He chuckled after she had left.

"Oh, stop being so mean" Anna scolded, but she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Mean? Me? Never" Mitch said with a smirk.

"You know, after this...if you want to come to my place" Mitch asked suggestively, leaning in a little.

Anna looked surprised, and then she said with a laugh but quite bluntly, "You know you're more forward than I was expecting"

"So are you" Mitch said with the same amount of bluntness and a shrug, smiling warmly at her.

Mitch knew he was treading on dangerous territory there, but luckily she didn't seem to take it any differently.

He didn't really have a good way with words. He knew this might be the hard part, but she seemed to be lapping it up.

He could pretend, though sometimes it did worry him if he was unsure if he was pretending or not.

He was an assassin at the end of the day, taught to blend in wherever he was. In a terrorist's backyard, on the street, at a dance party, at a dinner, on a date even.

Sometimes it was hard to tell what was really him and what wasn't.

Maybe this was one of these times.

The night didn't go off with any hitches. Anna was in University, near here. A journalism course, she was a mature student.

It was a little ironic. Anna had told him she wanted to be a reporter, and honestly? Mitch hated reporters, always sticking their nose into things that didn't belong.

But Anna...

She was just different.

He hoped she was.

But she did ask him some prying questions about his job, but he shut her questions down with a smile and a "Your reporter side is showing" It was a jest, but she also knew it was a sign from him to back off the subject.

She read in between the lines.

Anna was intelligent, self-aware, curious, and open yet somehow not at the same time.

She was almost a mystery, but not.

Though, the night did course some problems for Mitch. Because he realized he liked her a lot more than he should. He didn't want to get into a proper relationship. Despite it having been years, Mary was still at the front of his mind.

He was just looking for a good time. That was all. And Anna seemed all for it. He hoped for the right reasons. Not that it mattered much.

When the night finished, they stood outside the restaurant.

Anna had funnily enough become a little quieter as the night went on. When Mitch had asked, she had said she wasn't ready for the night to end.

He had replied that neither was he.

"So, I'll see you soon" Anna said softly.

"I can't wait" Mitch said.

He honestly couldn't.

They didn't do anything for a couple of minutes.

Then...

Anna turned to walk away, but she stopped, seemingly thinking something through, then something flashed in her eyes as she turned around.

Mitch's eyes widened as she suddenly launched herself at him.

And before he knew it, her lips met his. Her arms curled around his neck. He'd caught her, lifting Anna a little off the ground, so she could reach.

He relaxed into her.

Kissing her back.

He couldn't control his heartbeat this time. And by the feel of her pulse, nor could she.

Mitch smiled into the kiss. But then, just as they were getting into it, he pulled back.

Slowly lifting her from him. They were both breathing hard and a little flustered.

"You know" Mitch said gently, looking down on Anna, his tone of voice was something she couldn't place at that moment "Curiosity killed the cat"

He added then more jokingly before she could respond  "I usually don't respond well to someone suddenly jumping me but if in your case..." He trailed off with a shark's grin.

Anna grinned back, with the same grin.

She didn't go home that night.

I'm up late trying to finish my work but as I did so I started writing this and ended up finishing it! So yeah! Hopefully I didn't wake anyone up, it's 3 in the morning where I am. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think! Xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 5K 30
Stiles was kicked out of the pack after the nogitsune killed Allison, but now he's back and out for blood. He's going to make them feel all of the pa...
394 8 3
One night while hunting for the twins, Scott slips up in his carefulness and makes a stupid mistake, one that leads to an accident and nearly ends St...
78.8K 1.9K 14
It has been 4 years after Stiles was gone for a year. But to him it was longer, he had a life, a lover. What happens when he starts to slip? What hap...
307K 12.8K 30
Stiles Stilinski ran away from home, got knocked up a year later and spent four years taking care and loving his baby boy. He was alone and the fathe...