SWEETHEART โ€ข MJ [ORIGINAL]

By -moonblocker

"What do you even look for in a girl?" "Well, she has to be a sweetheart. Like you." "Except, not me." "Why n... More

Prologue/Playlist.
One.
Two.
Three.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.

Four.

1.9K 134 72
By -moonblocker

DINNER WITH BROOKE was what Michael had been anticipating for weeks. With the vigorous preparations for his new upcoming album, he kept delaying and putting the dinner off. Brooke understood and was fine with having the dinner at Michael's convenience. She liked Michael a lot and accepted the fact that he was busy. After all, he was one of the most busiest people and didn't exactly have moments to spare, not even for the people he cared about the most.

Brooke was occupied as well. Between the many fashion shows and the several photo shoots that she was involved with, the dinner for two was something that they both longed for. It was finally time for it to happen.

Michael went over to Brooke's luxurious home to pick her up. The two of them would ride in a black limousine to have dinner. Michael's personal chauffeur, Joe, loved when Brooke rode in the limo with Michael. In the early stages of their relationship, the singer and the model would sing to the top of their lungs to songs that would play on the radio. Joe would get a huge kick out of it, knowing the ride to their destination would be a bit more pleasurable.

"Where are you taking her, kid?" The older gentleman asked the superstar singer, knowing in his mind that it would be a fancy place. Michael knew how to treat girls with respect and honor and Joe always admired that about the superstar.

"To dinner." Michael rubbed his hands together slowly. "I made reservations for us at La Fountaine Bleu."

"Kid's done it again!" Joe chuckled, driving along the road. "That's real special. She'll love it."

"You think so?"

"I know so, kid." Joe smiled at Michael in his mirror before glancing back at the road. He turned on the radio to the last station that Michael was listening to while riding in the limo with Joe, the classic rhythm and blues channel. "Is this good?"

"Just fine, Joe." A bright smile played on Michael's lips and he lightly tapped his fingers on his knee to the beat of the sultry Nat King Cole tune that played on the radio. "Thank you."

"Anytime, kid."

Joe pulled in front of Brooke's home, reaching her destination. A few moments later, Michael saw her approaching the vehicle. Once Joe stopped driving and parked, the singer opened his door and climbed out to meet Brooke.

"Michael!"

"Hello, Brooke." Michael pulled her into his embrace and they stayed in each other's arm for about a solid minute before they heard Joe honk his horn at them, telling them to come on. "It's so great to finally see you."

"Likewise, Michael." She pressed a soft kiss to his cheek before taking his hand. "Let's go, I'm starving."

They walked over to the limo together and hopped in. Joe greeted Brooke and they were on their way. The ride was more silent than usual. No loud singing, not even much conversation or affectionate touching. It was weird and Michael didn't seem to understand why Brooke carried a different aura. He wanted to shake it off, but he just couldn't.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Michael asked Brooke, squeezing her hand lightly in comfort. "You don't seem like yourself today."

"Oh, I'm fine." Brooke lightly chuckled and rubbed his shoulder softly. "How about you? You seem really happy."

"I am really happy, I've been wanting to see you for awhile." Michael explained to Brooke, causing warmth and a hint of redness to arise in her cheeks. "Now, the day is finally come."

"Yes, yes." Brooke pressed another kiss to Michael's cheek, also noticing that things were a bit peculiar between the two. "So, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"I want to know how the new album is coming along." Brooke smiled at Michael, hoping to pry some information out of him about the anticipated album.

"It's wonderful. I don't think it's the greatest, but I'm pretty much through with it." Michael explained to Brooke, not wanting to reveal anything to her. He felt like he could trust her, but he wasn't allowed to tell anyone about anything. The singer felt just a tiny bit of guilt, telling Ariah each song on the album and letting her name the album itself. However, it was different with Brooke. For some reason, it wasn't as easy to tell Brooke even half the amount of information he shared with Ariah and Michael didn't understand why.

"Well, that's fantastic." Brooke nodded and gave Michael a small smile. "I can't wait to hear it. I know it will be the best."

"I hope so, too. Did you like the new song I did with Paul?"

"Loved it! It was funny, how you guys were talking in the bridge." She commented, letting out soft giggles that made Michael smile. "It was too cute, love."

"Well, thank you. It means so much to me that you loved it."

"Of course."

"You know, you're such a sweetheart." It was Michael's turn to squeeze Brooke's hand this time. He felt the need to pay her compliments to decrease the level of oddness between the two of them.

"Stop it, that's all you."

"Oh, no." Michael chuckled, not believing for a split second that he deserved any kind of compliment, especially from Brooke. He felt she was too good of a woman to pay him a compliment, so he didn't always care to accept them. He didn't think it made sense, but he didn't think a lot of things made sense.

That's what made the singer usually keep to himself. In all reality, he did really enjoy Brooke's company. However, he didn't always think he loved her like he thought he did at one time. It was just weird and he didn't understand it.

"We're here, kids." Joe announced, pulling in front of the exquisite restaurant. The paparazzi was already crowded around outside. "Brace yourselves."

"Joe, we're used to it. Thanks for the ride." Brooke spoke up for the both of them as she opened the door, quickly stepping out of the limousine and waving to the fans.

Before Michael could step out of the limousine, Joe decided to warn Michael. Not that he believed that the singer would treat Brooke any type of way, but he just wanted to send a reminder. "Don't do her wrong, kid."

"I won't." Almost taken back, the superstar nodded in confirmation, eyeing Joe from the backseat. "I can promise you that, Joe." Then, Michael stepped out and caught up with Brooke as they made their way into the restaurant, through the crowd.

The chauffeur nor the singer didn't know it yet, but Joe was giving that warning to the wrong person.

--

HEY! OMG! HI!

I try not to have author's notes, but I just want to say thank you to all of you! You guys are amazing! I didn't think this book would be as successful as it is, but I appreciate every single one of you reading this and leaving comments that never fail to make me smile.

I'd like to give a special thank you to @mjcommunity for nominating this book for the Moonwalker Awards 2017! I appreciate that and I feel honored that you enjoy my work enough to want to nominate it.

Readers, if you love this book enough to nominate my book for the Moonwalker Awards this year, please comment "Sweetheart by @lonelylorelei" on the @mjmoonwalkerawardsaccount account, on their book, under the "Best Thriller Era" category. It would bring joy to me and I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As always, I hope you enjoyed this update and another update is on the way soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 124 8
George Harrison had always envisioned his soulmate being beautiful inside and out. He just never thought she'd be blue. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ Written with the aweso...
50.8K 1.7K 35
Being George Harrison's best/band mate wasn't as easy as it used to be. Paul McCartney is now torn between his loyalty to George but his attraction t...
14.1K 268 18
Laura Jones is a normal teenage girl, nearly. Her best friend, George Harrison, got in a band, and thought he would just introduce her to his friend...
9.6K 213 28
๐€ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐š๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐Œ๐œ๐‚๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ ๐’๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ / ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ / ๐…๐ฅ๐ฎ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฌ! ๐“๐จ๐ฉ ๐‘๐š๐ง๐ค๐ฌ: #๐Ÿ ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ...