The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds

618 20 4
By lyradavi11

>>Pic of Haru Izanagi<<

Person's POV thoughts: Italic

Sukai's dialogue: Italic and Bold

My thoughts: (Bold with Brackets)

Akira's POV

     Sasuke had won. That was to be expected, but wasn't at the same time because he had the curse mark. I was impressed to say the least. He fought the curse mark, and from what Sukai has told me, that's pretty impossible. I watched as Sasuke followed Kakashi. I wanted to see the sealing for future references, but first I had to make sure my fight wasn't yet. I looked at the board in hope that my name wouldn't be shown. I wanted to make sure Sasuke was okay too. 

     I sighed in relief when Shino's name showed up, along with a sound kid's name. I quickly exited the place and followed Sasuke and Kakashi's chakra signatures. When I arrived at the creepy place they were in, Sasuke was sitting in the middle a circle made of writings. There were also writings that went down his bare back from his curse mark.

     Kakashi immediately noticed my presence. "Why are you here?" he asked as Sasuke looked at me in surprise. "Just wanted to make sure he was alright," I casually stated, "And see how this sealing takes place for future references."

     Kakashi sighed, but proceeded with the sealing without another word. With a few hand signs, he placed his hand on Sasuke's curse mark. Soon, the room was filled with his screams as the strange writing on the ground started to make it's way on Sasuke's body and to his curse mark.

     I winced at the sight, and the loud screams of my raven haired teammate. Before long, it was all over, and I was relieved. I couldn't take seeing him like that any longer. Sasuke collapsed on the ground after Kakashi told him the precautions he has to take, the seal wasn't as strong. He had to have a strong will. I stood beside Kakashi, just watching Sasuke's limp body.

     "My, how you've grown," a cold, frightening, and scarily familiar voice echoed through the room. My heart skipped a beat in alarm and fear, and I could only stay frozen in fear. "You..." Kakashi said with venom in his voice, "Orochimaru," I blocked out his voice, trying to calm myself. But when I heard my name, I turned around to face him with a glare.

     "And the young Chevelzian princess as well. How interesting," he mused. I growled at him in anger and confusion. Once again, he calls me that. And I can only wonder how he knows. Kakashi sent a quick glance my way in a questioning manner. "How?" he asked in one word, but I understood. "I don't know," I said through gritted teeth.

     The damn snake only chuckled in amusement, and said, "I encountered a few.. strangely dressed people," I tensed at that. Could it be...?  "They claimed to be looking for a traitor princess...and told me some details that were very helpful." Yup. How convenient. Note the sarcasm. "I did my research, and found that they were from a different world. Along with the traitor, Chevelzian princess they spoke of," he grinned evilly. I narrowed my eyes at that. But then a thought hit me.

     "Different world...?" I asked in disbelief. I knew I was definitely far away from home, but a completely different world? Just what exactly is going on? "That's right. But let's put that aside. I didn't come for you...at least not today. I came for the boy," he got right down to business. I protectively stood in front of Sasuke yet again.

~~~

     We were back in the place where the preliminaries were being held, and boy was I glad that my turn hadn't come yet. After Pedo-snake left, I spent a little time watching Sasuke with Kakashi reassuring me that he'll immediately get me when my turn comes. 

     I watched as the match between the two Hyuga's finished up, and Naruto vowed to win against Neji for Hinata. The Hyuga boy had a problem with believing in destiny too much, and I was ready to knock some sense into him. But I held myself back and instead decided to use that energy for my fight. That's right, It's my turn now!

     I jumped off the railing and landed gracefully on the damaged ground below. I noticed a boy jump down as well, with a serious look in his eyes. Haru Izanagi. He had long black hair that matched his cold eyes. (The pic above). A sheathed sword was strapped to his back, and a ninja pouch just like everyone else had. His attire mainly consisted of black, but he has a white shirt peaking out from his sweater. He wore black long sleeves, and black finger less gloves. Instead of the usual ninja sandals, he had black combat boots, just like me. His black sand village headband was wrapped around his upper arm. This guy really liked black didn't he?

      I looked around feeling someone watching me. Yes, I know that this guy, Haru, and I are the center of attention right now so all are watching us. But someone's gaze is sending chills down my spine.

      That's when my line of sight landed on Gaara, who's eyes met with mine. His eyes were cold, but I wasn't afraid of that. I'd seen that enough when I saw him earlier. The thing that made me stiff was the blood lust in his eyes. I couldn't move, frozen in fear. His eyes held no mercy, like he would rip apart anyone who talked to him next. I gulped as I tried to move, and finally ripped my eyes off him with great struggle. I sighed in relief when his eyes left me, only to watch my opponent.

     Now's not the time to be scared, Akira. You have a fight to win.

     Right. Thanks, Sukai.

     "Beat him up, Aki-chan!" Naru cheered from the sidelines, unknowingly sending me a lot of courage. I sent a smirk his way before eyeing my opponent cautiously. I couldn't say I was in a good condition, but at the same time I wasn't so bad. Looks like Kabuto helped quite a bit..

     Haru Izanagi. Izanagi...why does that sound so familiar? Oh! Isn't that, like, the strongest genjutsu ever? Can be cast only by the sharingan? Something like that. I remember reading about it from a book of Kekkei Genkais. Izanagi also means awesome, if I'm correct.

     Anyway, back to important matters. He's strong, I could know that from just looking. He seems more like Sasuke if anything. "Akira Hatake and Haru Izanagi. Are both contestants ready?" the Proctor asked, ignoring the tense atmosphere the both of us made by just looking at each other. We both nodded simultaneously before the Proctor shouted, "Begin!"

     ...

     None of us moved. I wasn't one to attack first so I had no intention of doing so. We could wait around forever for all I cared. That would only mean more time for me to recover. Haru rolled his eyes, showing that he was really annoyed. "Looks like I'm attacking first," he muttered with a frown. I gave a grin before nodding in agreement.

     He charged at me with an unsheathed sword, seemingly angry. I pulled out a kunai and blocked the attack. It was a battle of strength at the moment, and I was losing. I mainly rely on my ninjutsu skills after all, so it's not that big of a surprise. But my taijutsu was above average thanks to my days before coming to the leaf village, so that must mean that this guy's strong point is taijutsu if he's beating me at it. That's bad for me.

     I couldn't hold out any longer, so I stopped pushing and rolled to his back from under his legs. I didn't turn around and try to stab him like I would've usually done, because I knew he was also fast. So by the time I would get up from my rolling position and turn around, he would also get over his shock and turn around just in time. And with that we would clash weapons again and have another battle of strength, which we all know he'll overpower. 

(Does that make sense? Well, it's my fight, so no need for you to understand *smile*. What the hell's wrong with me, talking to myself? Like someone's actually reading a book about my life. Pfft.)

     So I made some space between us, and immediately brought my palms together to form hand signs. "Water Style: Ripping Torrent!" I put my arm out for the spiraling water on my hand to form a big tornado type of thing that shoots towards Haru. He did a Fireball jutsu to counter it, but unfortunately, a C-Rank jutsu can't put up with a B-Rank one.

     He slammed into the wall when the fireball was cancelled out by my Ripping Torrent. "Ugh..." he muttered painfully as he stood up with a bleeding arm. I smirked, but that soon dropped when he started building up quite a lot of chakra on his palm after doing a few hand signs. 

     The blue ball had sparks all around it, in fact, the whole ball was made out of that. I groaned realizing it was lightning (No, it's not chidori), which is incompatible to water. Looks like my most comfortable style is no use. "This may be the only nature based jutsu I know, but it's pretty strong," he smirked and threw the huge ball of lightning at me, shouting "Lightning Style: Thunderball Jutsu!".

My eyes widened, and for a second I didn't know what to do. The ball was too big for me to dodge quickly. "Earth Style: Mud Wall!" I immediately did the appropriate hand signs in a great speed.

     A sigh of relief left my mouth when the wall sprung up just in time for the ball of lightning to crash into it instead of me. The wall wasn't as strong, for the fact that I suck at earth style, so it immediately crumbled down when the lightning ball hit. I was using too much chakra and I knew it. Too many B-Rank jutsu. I need to increase my stamina. By a lot.

     I saw Kakashi raise an eyebrow at me, and I pondered what he was implying until I realized this was the first time I used an Earth style jutsu for a fight. Which also means this is the first time he saw me using earth style. Which also means he just found out I could use 3 chakra natures, which is quite rare. I do have one more chakra nature, but he doesn't need to know that. Hopefully. I believe it has something to do with my family origins.

     "Losing focus in a fight is very idiotic of you," I heard Haru's voice behind me. My eyes widened in surprise and I whipped myself around, only to get kicked in the stomach. I hurled into the wall, my back getting the cost. Blood dripped down my mouth and I groaned at the agonizing pain my back gave me. What the hell was up with that kick?! I swear that wasn't normal! I mean, look at the hole in the wall here.

     But the black haired boy wasn't done. He flashed in front of me, took me by the collar, and slammed his fist on my face, sending me to another wall. "You.." I started with irritation. I definitely didn't like being pushed around like that. Sure I only started training not even 5 months back, and sure I didn't go to the academy from the very beginning, but I trained harder than most people. And I will prove that I learnt a lot. I am not the weak little girl I was back in Kurisutaru.

     He lunged at me with another fist ready to crash into my face, but I caught it with one hand, my eyes hooded. "I've had enough," I sneered and kicked the boy with force. I sped to the back before he crashed the wall, and kicked him a second time. "Water Style: Liquid Bullet!" I shouted as I shot the water out of my mouth to crash into Haru.

     He slid down the cracked wall, and fell face first to the ground. The proctor walked over to him, and after a bit of checking, he confirmed "He's unconscious. The winner is Akira Hatake." I grinned as Sakura and Naru cheered. "Would you like to come with us?" one of the medics that took Haru away came to me. "No, thank you, I'm fine. But I appreciate the offer," I politely refused. "Please take care of Haru," I bowed slightly.

     You'll never get rid of your polite self, will ya.

     Shut up, Sukai. Sometimes you say the most unwanted things ever.

     Ha! Well, sorry but I'm stuck with ya, kid! You gotta deal with it!

     I tried to jump back up to the sidelines, seeing as there's no need for me to be down there anymore. but re-thought about it. My back is killing me already, and I bet it's gonna break if I jump now.

     So I just slowly walked up the stairs like a normal person. "Aki-chan! Way to go!" Naruto high-five'd me. "That was really amazing, Aki!" Sakura exclaimed, using the nickname for me. I smiled at the both of them, but then Gaara came into view and I pursed my lips, thinking about how scared I was before.

     It was his turn. Rock Lee vs. Gaara of the Sand. I smirked as I leaned on the railing.

     This will be interesting. 

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Aye! Thanks for reading! Vote Comment Follow!

2293 words

~ Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 11.2K 55
Naruto Fanfiction. Book One. Warning! She's dangerous. Don't go near her. Don't fight back. Hide when you see her. DO NOT MENTION HER FAMILY. She's...
14.4K 533 22
Apparently I'm from the Narutoverse. And I'm the Prophesied Princess? A prophecy was placed on me saying that I will help bring love and light to thi...
67.6K 1.4K 23
Kamina Akiruta, a girl who suddenly appeared in the Leaf Village. No one knew anything about her nor did they know anything about her powers. She was...
63.1K 1.6K 50
(y/n) is one of the S-rank shinobi. She is a member of Izumi clan. The clan was an elite clan in konoha. In the academy, she met a boy named Uchiha...