Hogwarts, A Story

Autorstwa The_Return_To_Denial

A group effort piece about a group of characters arriving at Hogwarts for the first time, it's set in 1971 an... Więcej

Amaya Lestrange
Glyn Scamander
Halley Lovegood
Reyna Lupin
Lyra Emerson
Amaya Lestrange
Lyra's Sorting
Amaya's Sorting
Halley's Sorting
Glyn's Sorting
Halley Lovegood - Ravenclaw
Slytherin Common Room
Lyra- The Common Room
Amaya Lestrange
Glyn Scamander - First Night
Halley - Defence Against the Dark Arts
Reyna - First Day
Glyn-The Cat
AN: very sorry all
Glyn - A new idea

Reyna's Sorting

43 3 1
Autorstwa The_Return_To_Denial

Heyy! So this chapter is a little different from the other PoVs just because I figured y'all had gone over the general description what happens in the sorting enough. So, I went a little off topic here, but that's Reyna for ya! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and byee! ~ Pen xx

The grandeur of it terrified Reyna. The others around seem to bask in the castle's glory, the essence of royalty reflecting off of its very walls as if it was living, breathing right underneath their feet. Across the hall stretched four long tables laden with forks and knives and the anticipation of a feast to come.

"Come on," hissed Remus under his breath.
Most of the first years had already filed through the massive wooden doors that guarded the celebrations, and turning up last was never a good start.

"Pfft," Reyna sniffled, but hurried forward all the same.

As the first years funnelled into the hall, Reyna's mind wandered to their boat journey here. She, restricted by the four to a boat rule, had climbed aboard a, rather leaky in her opinion, vessel with Remus and Lyra, her new found friend; Black, James and Peter claiming a second boat to themselves.

Of course, they had managed to somewhat secure the two together, creating a raft like object that didn't fail to crash into the several other first years, much to James' amusement.

The conversation had drifted, so to speak, over the topic of giant squids, or a rather a singular, enormous specimen, that was rumoured to dwell right in the very waters they were travelling over.

"I bet I could prod it and be back before Reyna here finished her tea."
"Dream on, Black," she retorted, although grinning in the darkness.
Reyna didn't believe a word.

Giant squids my cauldron, it's probably just an old witches tale.

Reyna did, however, believe she was going to have to get over that Black boy, there were other priorities she had to see to first and there was simply no time.

The topic soon turned to houses. Reyna didn't particularly mind which one she got, Hufflepuff or Gryffindor would do, and she would get in, it was in her blood.

The others, on the other hand, all had their hearts firmly set on Gryffindor and Gryffindor alone, keep for Lyra. She was far too busy fretting over her missing cat, Sandstorm. Poor thing, she hadn't seen him since she fell into the carriage on the ride here, despite looking for her during their many, ahem, excursions exploring the length of Hogwarts Express.

"BLACK, SIRIUS," boomed an echoing voice, startling Reyna from her thoughts.

She vaguely remembered the "ooohs" and "aaahs" travelling around the hall as the talking hat finished its annual song but she had barely paid attention.

Talking hat?

Reyna took a second look at the leathery, battered brown object sitting on a pedastool at the front of the room and, for the first time, fully realised the scene in front of her.

During her daydream she had travelled up the vast hall and come to a stop near the front of the group that stood facing Albus Dumbledore and an assortment of teachers. She vaguely recognised most of them from the field trips she took, far too often in her opinion, to the Ministry with her father, but the sight of the pearly white haired man sitting in front of Reyna never failed to astound her.

From his sparkling, cerulean eyes that seemed to swim with thoughts and memories to the opulent, mauve robe that was draped around his shoulders, Dumbledore was figure in Reyna's life that always seemed to astonish her. And, in the end, it was one of the main reasons Reyna and Remus had the chance to be here today.

"BLACK, SIRIUS?"

A split second passed over the group as they wondered, starting to panic, about the missing wizard, but, finally, a black haired boy sauntered over to the hat, satisfied he had got everyone's attention.

show off

The hat barely rested on his head a second before declaring "GRYFFINDOR!" Sirius blinked in shock for a second before continuing his strut to the Gryffindor table, smirking at Reyna's disapproval.

I thought he'd be a Slytherin for sure.

The hat drawled out other names, sorting them into their respective houses with ease before turning to Emerson, Lyra, the girl she met in the train.

"An interesting mix we have here but where to put you, where to put you...An interesting mix indeed,"

The sorting hat muttered something else under it's breath, growing increasingly softer and quieter so that only Lyra could properly hear. The hall was plunged into a deathly silence as dozens of ears strained to hear the conversation.

"... and yet.. you're mostly...HUFFLEPUFF!"

Oh thank god.

Reyna let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding; now whatever the sorting hat decided to put her in, she would have a friend nearby. After all, for the past seven centuries the Lupins had been in either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.

Another couple Ravenclaws and Slytherins were sorted accordingly before the Sorting Hat announced another name that caught Reyna's attention, Halley Lovegood.

Where have I heard that before?

Probably another Ministry witch, although she didn't seem like a government type. Too...eccentric.

Halley was swiftly sorted into Ravenclaw and Reyna lost focus once again, diving into the concussion of thoughts that were bouncing off her head. She was soon startled out of her daydream, however, by another name she knew very well.

"Lupin,"

Oh no, oh no, not yet.

"Remus."

Of course, he would have to go first. Thank god.

"Ah, another interesting combination. You would easily fit into Ravenclaw, my boy, that's clear, although perhaps you have more of a Hufflepuffs demeanour? Definitely not Slytherin, that's for sure, but you might have an aptitude for Gryffindor too. What do you think, boy?"

The hat fell silent again before roaring, rather proudly in Reyna's opinion, alive again-

"GRYFFINDOR IT IS!"

Huh. I thought he'd a be a Hufflepuff. Wrong twice in a row. Probably why I'm not a withered, old hat.

"Lupin, Reyna," called out the sorting hat.

Oh god, oh god.

"Ah a twin, how curious. You too would be perfect in Gryffindor, I think, or perhaps Hufflepuff would suit you better..."

Yes, yes, Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, that's good

"Maybe not Ravenclaw, though you'd find plenty of friends there, that's for sure, but Slytherin, you'd do well there too."

No, neither of those

"I can hear your thoughts dearie, but I think Slytherin would be great for you, it'd take you far. Either that or Gryffindor, that'll be good for you too..."

Gryffindor, please, like Remus and Sirius

"No, no, perhaps not, for you I think, SLYTHERIN!"

Slytherin.
Great.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

196K 4.3K 80
𝓐𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤'𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙭 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ...
898K 22K 133
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝗼𝗼𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝗼 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 - 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." ϟ Selene Black is the younger and only sister of Sirius Black, born...
122K 2.9K 30
She's a third year griffindor and best friends with lily Evans. But one night changes everything, As she disappeared in to the darkness, no one kn...
448K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...