The New Boy

By ImpulsiveLove

Kaitlyn Wright was stubborn, and had only a few friends. Although she had a sarcastic attitude, she still did... More

Chapter 1 ~ Slow Mornings

Chapter 2- The Hallway Crisis

46 2 2
By ImpulsiveLove

Kaitlyn's POV-
------------------------------------------

School was a crowded blur.
Bunches of people in several groups.
I grabbed my backpack strap a little tighter, and took a deep breathe in.

Since everyone was in the main hall, I decided to take the less crowded route.

I walked through the halls, dreading the periods that I had to go to. I stopped for a moment to take out my schedule, when I felt two warm, soft hands fall over my eyes.
A huge shriek left my mouth as I struggled to get out of the hands of the unknown, but they wouldn't loosen.

"Get off of me you-"

"Guess Whooooo?"

A familiar voice rushed through my brain.
A low, soft, but adorable voice is what I can make out to be Keegan.

I grinned as the hands fell, and turned to hug him.
"I missed you! But don't ever do that again, though!" I punched him in the arm, and made a threatening face at him.

"Wow. Chill little lady. Where's my 'Hey I missed my boyfriend so much over the summer, and i'm so happy you're back, even though you put your hands around my eyes scarring me to death?' "

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever. See you later, okay?"

"Aww, but i'll miss you."

"Oh stop it. See you at lunch, okay?

I walked away from Keegan, and turned the corner onto the hall, where only a few people were wandering. I looked around at all of the people. Preppy freshmen, gold digger sophomores, gothic juniors, and then there was the jock boys and popular girls playing spin the bottle.

Smart.

Since one of the popular girls knew the supervisor that worked there, three were free to play without getting in trouble.

As I walked through the hall, I passed everyone no problem, except for the jocks.
I looked down at the floor, trying not to be noticed, but as soon as I did, I ran into someone and we both fell down, dropping all of our stuff with it, and hitting our heads together.

Great Job, Kaitlyn.

Everyone stopped what they were doing, and starred down at me. Some confused, some maybe even felt bad, but most of them, (or the ones I knew) laughed.

"Oweeee, that's going to hurt."

I cleaned up my stuff with a red face

"I'm so sorry about tha-"

I looked up to see a beautiful, and chiseled face. Perfect jaw bones and cheek bones, thick eyebrows, big eyes, and brown hair with a haircut that made your jaw drop.

"Tha..That."

He gave me a smirk, and then handed me my notebook, still keeping his eyes on mine.

Those beautiful big blue eyes.

"No worries. You know, i'm new here, and I don't mind having the label of being the one who fell on his butt the first day of school."

I made a, 'Seriously...?', expression, and tilted my head.

Then he laughed, looked down at the floor to pick up his things, and then looked back up at me, with his charming smirk on his face.

"I was being sarcastic...But obviously i'm not very good at it." He laughed again, and continued picking up his things, as I still stare.

That face...

I snapped out of his charm, and continued picking up my things too.

After I finished packing up my things, with people still laughing about it, I shot him one last look of sorrow, before walking away, and having to now rush to first period.

Ugh. Okay. Back to the real world, Kaitlyn.

I walked down the hall, without saying goodbye or asking for his name, and turned the corner to find my first period classroom.

~Ring Ring~

Let's hope first period isn't as embarrassing as what just happened..

----------------------------------------------------

Ryan's POV-

I walked up the stairs to my new high school.

Wow. I thought as I swung my backpack over my shoulders and looked around at the campus. This is way bigger than my old school. Let alone my old neighborhood...

I looked down at my schedule and briefly observed the classroom doors for room 304. My schedule was History, English, Science, Math, Spanish, and Football.

As I walked through a hall of people, A girl that looked about my age, with curly blonde hair, and bright red lipstick, came up to me, with a smile that stretched from ear to ear.

"Hello!! You look lost. Would you like a school map, or do you know where you are going..?"

"Is it really that obvious that i'm lost?" I laughed and than took the map she offered to me. "Well, thank you."

She nodded in approval and looked off in the distance to find another wanderer in need of her assistants.

What a weird private school.

I glanced down at the map, and then looked up in total confusion. This map made no sense to me. Since there was many people in the biggest hall, which I made out to be the main hall, I decided to follow a different trail.

I walked through three small paths to get to the hall that would lead to History.

Come on...History, room 304....

I glimpsed at every room, getting closer to the door number 304.

I went a bit faster, fast walking you could say, I heard a weird scream or noise far ways behind me, so I turned around but continued to walk forward, and as I did, a sudden solid figure hit me from out of nowhere, and I was on the floor.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry about tha-"

A soft, light and shaky voice is what I heard before realizing that the voice, that I made it to be a girl, ran into me and knocked us both over.

I looked up at her, noticing she stopped talking 5 seconds ago, and went to a complete stop with words.

Woah. I thought to myself as we starred at each other's eyes, with a confused, embarrassed, yet funny emotion.

It took her a moment to shake it off and finish her sentence.

"Tha-That."

I smiled at her, as she sat there with a blank stare and wide eyes. I picked up some of my things and handed her notebook back to her.

We had a brief conversation, and she kept apologizing. I couldn't help but smirk at her the whole time. Not only was she nice and pretty clumsy...

She was beautiful.

When she finished picking up all her things, she got up and hesitated on whether or not to leave, but saw all the people looking at us and walked away.

I continued to pick up my things.

"Hey. What's your na-"

I turned around to find her already turning the corner.

"Name..."

And like that, she was gone.

I sighed, and picked up my things and continued looking for room 304, but I couldn't get her gorgeous face out of my head.

I'll find her again. That's a promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 8.4K 53
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
19.7K 416 9
What if Josh Chen's gorgeous colleague fell for Bridget Von Ascheberg's charming bodyguard?
837K 74.2K 37
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
9.5M 375K 38
*COMPLETED* (Y.O.L.O stands for: YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE) *** Carter Jones, the school nerd, and Killian Henderson, the reputated troublemaker, somehow en...