𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡79⎦

42.5K 1.1K 1.4K
By erubescere

Since the fire at the Burrow, we stationed everyone at the Rosewood Mansion. Everyone got their separate rooms unless they wanted otherwise. I set the house-elves to work in preparing food and treating everyone just like how any house elf would to a pureblood family. We went out clothes shopping for the one's burned up in the fire and had the rest of the break at my place. It wasn't grand or spectacular, but it was nice to hear more noise in the halls.

"It's so easy for them to get to you," Hermione had said to Harry as she looked at the paper in her hands.  We had retuned from out Christmas break. "You're bloody lucky you weren't killed. You have to realize who you are, Harry!"

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright?" Harry said in an annoyed tone. He looked at her apologetically. "Sorry."

We turned the corner onto the next corridor when we came across Ron and Lavender. She was literally on top of him as she put on a necklace.

"Lav come on. Of course, I'll wear it." Ron said in a monotone.

"That's my Won-Won." Lavender grabbed Ron's arm like a baby.

"Excuse me, I have to go vomit," Hermione said backing away.

"I'll join you," I added walking away with her. I could see the tears forming in her eyes.

How can Ron be so clueless?

. . .

(A/N: So I've been reading a lot of  Harry Potter Headcanons lately so I decided to incorporate one.)

Later that day, I had Divination. Ugh. I hate this class. With a sigh, I threw myself into the chair at the table. Draco was on the other side. He and I were assigned to work together much to Pansy's bickering. In the middle of the table was a Crystal Ball. Wait didn't we do this in like the 3rd year?

Apparently, I had spoken my thoughts out loud, as Draco scoffed. "Thought so too."

I didn't believe in Crystal Balls. They were rubbish. Soon, the class was started by Trelawny. Draco and I were reluctant to start, and we kept our positions: leaned back in our chairs.

"Broaden your minds! Look beyond the art of Crystal gazing and into the clearing of the Inner Eye. Only then can you see!"

I rested my head on my hand and stared at the ball with no interest.

"Now, what do we have here?" Trelawney asked Draco and I. "Hmmm?" she peered into the ball.

"We're not so sure Professor," I said with a shrug.

"We'll keep trying Ms. Rosewood and Mr. Malfoy. You don't know what you might find." With that, she walked away. I looked into the ball.

"There's no way this could actually wor—" I was cut off by the ball, beginning to shimmer. Draco noticed it too and leaned forwards. There was white mist swirling in the ball as we watched. Suddenly, there was an image of two adorable babies. One had striking blond hair, and the other one had more of a golden brown hair.

"The fuck?!" I whispered squinting my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing anything wrong. I ended up just giving up with a shrug and fell back against the chair. Draco took a longer time peering into the ball and slowly made his way back into the chair, shaking his head. Pointless. Absolutely pointless.

Draco's P.O.V.

"There's no way this could actually wor—" Hazel started to say. Suddenly her eyes were diverted to the Crystal Ball that was beginning to shimmer. I leaned forwards to look closer. There was white mist swirling in the ball as we watched. All of a sudden, there was an image of two babies. One had striking blond hair, and the other one had golden brown hair.

"The fuck?!" I heard Hazel whisper. Wow. I never hear her curse.  She shrugged and fell back against the chair. But the longer I looked into the ball there was something I noticed. The first baby had hair as light as mine and my eyes, while the other one literally had Hazel's hazel eyes. No, it couldn't be, my head denied. I shook my head as I sat back up and leaned against the back of the chair again.

. . .
Hazel's P.O.V.

The next day I was told by Harry that Ron was poisoned. I was shocked. He had explained to me that a simple love potion from Romilda Vane snuck into chocolates made Ron go head over heels for her. After taking him to Slughorn, they gave him a drink of wine as a pick-me-up, but it went horribly wrong

Harry and I made our way to the Hospital Wing where Ron was lying asleep in bed. Ginny and Hermione were at his sides. We were soon joined by the professors including McGonagall, Slughorn, Dumbledore and Snape. They all looked at Ron astonished.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar," Dumbledore said to Harry. He addressed Slughorn. "You should be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Hm? Oh, yes. Very proud," he replied.

"I think we agree Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: Why were they necessary?" asked McGonagall.

"Why, indeed?" Dumbledore walked over to Slughorn who was holding the bottle in his arm.

"This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle?" Slughorn shook his head. Dumbledore peered into the bottle. "By the way, it possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry. When not polluted with poison."

Snape took the bottle and smelled it for himself.

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift, myself," said Slughorn.

"To whom, might I ask?" Dumbledore asked.

Slughorn looked shocked still. "To you, Headmaster."

"Where is he? Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?" A voice said as she came into the room. Lavender came barging into the room, pushing past Slughorn and Snape to see Ron. She noticed Hermione sitting next to him. "What's she doing here?"

"I might ask you the same question," Hermione stood up from her seat next to him.

"I happen to be his girlfriend," Lavender insisted.

"I happen to be his..." Hermione searched for the right word. Reluctantly she said, "friend."

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting."

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting."

Ron began to make little noises.

"Ah. See? He senses my presence." Lavender put her hands onto the bed.  "Don't worry, Won-Won. I'm here. I'm here."

Ron breathed in and mumbled. We all looked at each other.

"Er-my-nee...  'ermione."

My eyes widened as did everyone else's.

"Hermione" he muttered again. Hermione sat down on the bed next to Ron, taking his hand into hers. Lavender, on the other hand, ran out crying.

"Oh to be young and to feel love's keen sting," Dumbledore said to us. "Well, come away, everybody. Mr. Weasley's well attended."

The professors were the first to leave. Ginny stood up and walked over to us. "About time, don't you think?" Harry and I both nodded. Ginny walked out. Madam Pomphrey placed down a bowl of soup.

"Thank you," Harry said. We looked over at Hermione who looked back over at us with a small smile. I raised an eyebrow at her.
"Oh shut up," she whispered. With that, Harry and I smiled then left Hermione and Ron to their peace.

. . .

Soon, Ron was released from the Hospital Wing and was able to return to classes again. On the morning he was released, I joined the trio for breakfast, while I read my book. Ron was looking at Lavender whose eye were red and puffy from all of her crying. She sat across the hall as far away from Ron as she could. Ron had his wand in hand. Suddenly there were snowflakes on my book.

"Stop it, Ron. You're making it snow," Hermione said looking up at the falling snow.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again," he said, still confused on the whole incident.

"Well, she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation," Hermione explained.

Ron leaned in. "Don't get me wrong. I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. It's just; she seems a bit... put out."

I looked over my shoulder at Lavender who was heaving to keep her tears in and was gripping a fork so hard you could see her knuckles turn white.

"Yes, um... She does, doesn't she?" asked Hermione. "You say you don't remember anything from that night. Anything at all?" I looked from Ron to Hermione. I knew Harry was doing the same.

"There is something," Ron said thinking in his brain whether it was reality or not. "But it can't be. I was completely boggled, wasn't I?"

Hermione forced out soft laugh. "Right Boggled."

We all returned to our own business when Hermione whispered,

"Harry... That's Katie." Harry lifted his head. "Katie Bell."

Harry got out of his seat a and closed his copy of Advanced Potion-Making, making his way towards Katie.

They had a short conversation that was ended when Katie looked over Harry's shoulder at someone. I followed her gaze towards Draco who was walking into the Great Hall. No...  Draco saw her and Harry's gaze, then turned away, loosening his tie as he went. It wasn't long before Harry followed after him.

That was my cue. I stood up and shoved my book towards Hermione. She began to ask questions, but I didn't answer them as I sped walk after Harry. I followed Harry to a bathroom. I could hear crying from the inside. I stood with my back to the closed door. My ear was pushed up against it so I could hear every word.

"I know what you did, Malfoy. You hexed it, didn't you?" Harry asked. I heard a curse being shot. My feet took off. I ran and ran until I made it to the dungeons my mind was in a panic. Wrenching open the office door, I walked in on Snape grading papers at his desk.

"Rosewood—" Snape started, infuriated.

"HARRY AND DRACO ARE FIGHTING IN THE BATHROOM!!" I wailed.

With a jolt, Snape stood up like lightning. He pulled his wand out of his pocket and began to race out of the office, I followed close behind. "Which bathroom," he asked.

"Sixth Floor," I replied still racing after him. After twist and turns, we made it to the bathroom. Snape yanked open the door. Pipes were burst, and there was water everywhere, causing my feet to slosh against the floor. That's when I noticed Draco on the ground, blood in the water around him, with wounds that made him look like he was slashed with a sword. I screamed, covering my mouth in the process. Snape walked over to Draco and looked down on him. Tears were forming in my eyes. Snape slowly lifted his gaze from Draco to Harry. Harry looked back at the man then fled the scene.

Snape then got down next to Draco and began to murmur, "Vulnera Sanentur" over and over again as he hovered his wand over the wounds. I went over to the wall and leaned against it with my back. I covered my face as I began to cry silently. That damned book. He must've learned it from that damned book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 152K 114
COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❝ 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞ ❝ 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. ❞ - updates almos...
15.8K 300 37
||| COMPLETED ||| - SPICYish (at times) - 🤰🏻Celina washes up at Hogwarts after a freak boating accident.Dumbledore believes she is here for a reas...
227K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
259 2 32
A fanfic that includes and love triangle, hope, loss, fear, friendship, and reality. the years and ages are a bit different. First year starts at 14...