His

By hiddengirl1996

This is a story about a girl named Aana peige. She was 20, Beautiful, shy and soft spoken but to her parents... More

prologue
Characters
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
1.02k Views So Happy😀
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
The Fiction Award
10k Views
#68 In Romance
Words To Be Quoted
101 K Views Seriously
Epilogue
Lucky To Be Doomed
The Fiction Award 2018

Chapter 9

26.3K 954 6
By hiddengirl1996

I heard someone scream. With a sudden jerk my body moved with fear I somehow managed not to fall from the couch. It took me a few seconds to come back to my senses.

I saw anna taking deep breaths but her eyes were still closed and she was crying. I wondered if it was another of her nightmares. I sat next to her on the bed and shook her slowly. But she still kept on crying I called her name "Anna Wake up its me" She moved a little and opened her eyes slowly.

She looked at me with a blank expression and suddenly hugged me. I was a little taken aback by her sudden contact with me but I gave a sigh and let her in my embrace by wrapping my arms around her.

She kept on crying on my shoulder. I just rubbed her back. But it wasn't making her stop.

"shhhhh I am here now please dont cry,". I patted her back.

She calm a down little.

I cupped her face, but she wasn't making eye contact with me. " Hey look here " she didn't look at me.

"Anna look here ". She looked at me. She was shaking. " Do you want to talk about it "she shook her head and her eyes welled up again.

" Hey hey okay don't say but please don't cry," she covered her face and started crying.

After a few minutes she calm down. I was just looking at her face. Her eyes were swollen and her face was red because of crying. And she was sweating.

Then she excused herself and went to washroom. I was just looking at her back till she closed the door.

Then I sat on the couch. Wait for her to come out.

After about 5 minutes she came out. Before I could blink she tumbled into my arms. She was trembling from head to toe that she could barely keep herself up. I cradled her in my arms I lay her on the bed. Her fingers grasped my shirt in a death grip and buried her face in my chest.

When I went to push her away so i could move out of the bed, she gripped my shirt tighter.

Then I said "you sleep on the bed I will take the couch". She mumbled something in her sleep which I couldn't get. Staring at her sleepy face, she looks so peaceful. Before I could stop myself I brought my hand up and brushed my thumb over her soft cheeks.

My eyes widened, and I quickly took my hands away when I realized what I was doing. I still couldn't wrap my head around what just happen. I knew nothing about her identity. Her past. Nothing. And it intrigued me.

I heard Anna sigh sleepily and saw her burrowing deeper under the comforter. I didn't know how long I stared at her but eventually I looked away.

Tiredness took over her body, and she went limp. Her body cocooned warmly and safely under my comforter.

What happened tonight changed everything. It made me want to know more about Anna. I could make assumptions on what happen to her, but i wanted to hear it from her.

Staring at her sleeping face she looked peaceful. A few minutes later tiredness took over my body, and I closed my eyes as the darkness enveloped me.

Anna pov:

I felt disoriented as the bright sunlight teased my closed eyes. My head was pounding, and I groaned as I couldn't move as if someone was holding me tight. I blinked my eyes open but then closed it again because of the bright sunlight.

Wait what?

My eyes snapped opened, and I quickly sat up in the bed. Looked around and panic fill my chest as realization hit me I wasn't in my room.

I was under soft grey comforter on a large bed. The room was spacious decorated with antiques and expensive furniture. The golden walls and wooden flooring complemented the wooden furniture.

I quickly bounced up to get off the bed when I realized a figure sleeping on the other end. I shrieked in surprise when I saw Mr. Vincent beside me.

Why was I in his room?

The last thing I remembered was falling in his car. But after that everything was blank.

How..... How did I get in his room? I stumbled over my words. He turns around and slowly open his eyes. I shifted uncomfortably and asked "how did I get here?"

Mr. Vincent sheepishly asked in his hoarse voice

"don't you remember? " his eyes now wide open, staring mine and a lite smirk on his lips.

" no" I shook my head

There was an awkward pause before he continued .

"you fell asleep in my car last night and never woke until I carried you to the bed," he said with a wink
I felt my cheeks heat at his comment. But my intentions were not of those he mentioned

"excuse me" my voice full of confusion as I stood on my feet dizziness still present when I heard him speak from behind

"had a good sleep with me?" He chuckled

My eyes widened in surprise at his question. I rubbed my forehead trying to ease the horrendous headache. But it didn't work I close my eyes and then suddenly clipped images of last night crashed behind my close lids. I turned around and saw him standing in front of me his eyes trying to figure out my thoughts and I guess he caught my uneasiness. My heart stuttered with anxiousness and my stomach twisted with tension. I knew what he would ask and I didn't have the answers to his prying questions. Well, I had the answers, but they weren't answers that Mr. Vincent would want.

Oh my god

My eyes snapped open, and I stared at Mr. Vincent in shock. He raised an eyebrow in amusement and shook his head " Ah so you remember now."
How could I let something like that happen?

Embarrassment and shame filled me as I tore my eyes away from Mr. Vincent's penetrating gaze. My throat went dry and my body grew cold.

Silence filled the room. None of us uttered a word.

He took my hand in his rough and large ones and looked at me with concern before the words escaped from his lips
"Anna you need not worry about anything I am always there to listen you if you will share your worries."

I stiffened at his words before swiveling around, although I couldn't think of anything as I was staring at him with no words to speak.

I kept my head down and refusing to look at his questioning gaze. "thank you" I said after pulling my hands away and walk outside the room before the atmosphere turned more awkward.
I went inside my room and I sat on the bed. My eyes widened when the rest of the memory came crashing back. Mr. Vincent have let me go. He helps me in everything. He gave shoulder to cry.

Then my phone started to ring at it was from an unknown number. I received the call "hello?"

" hello Anna this is Chloe how are you feeling now?" How did she get my number? i was confused.

"I am fine Chloe but how did you get my number? ,"I ask her

" Drake gave it to me. And you know what he was worried about you ,". "CHLOE please ,"I heard his voice from behind. I giggled.

" What? you where the one who asked me to call her ,"she said

" Anna listen we have a meeting in a few hours. But.. If you feel you need rest as you're not fully recovered I can totally understand, you can stay here. ,"
" hmm" I sighed and thought that it's only going to make me feel more lazy and unwell if I continued to take rest all the time. Therefore, I attended somehow

"I guess I can come with you." I said and when she didn't reply
"I will attend the meeting" I said a bit confidently.

After a few seconds she replied
"fine, I will see you then in two hours,".

Then I ended the call. I took a warm bath and got ready for the meeting. Then there was a knock on the door. I opened it and it was the room service. He was having a food tray in his hand.

I gave him a questioning look. "Sorry but I didn't order anything" I was about to close the door then he said "Mr. Drake Vincent have sent you this".

Why would he send me this, I opened the door and let him enter? He kept the food on the side table and went out.

I went near the food and the food smelled fantastic. Then my phone started to ring it was from Mr. Vincent. I received the call. "hello". "Ms. Peige did the food arrive? " he asked.
"yes but... "he cut me off before I could tell him anything.

" finish your food and meet me in my room " with that he ended the call. I just stared at my phone for a minute.

I sat on the chair. I looked the delicious food . After I finished my food. I went out the room and went to Mr. Vincents room.

I knocked on the door. The door open but it wasn't Mr. Vincent it was Chloe. I smiled at her and we went inside the room.
When I went inside, I saw Mr. Vincent and Shawn were sitting on the couch and discussing something on the laptop. As soon as his eyes meet. He stood up and said "she is here lets go".

With that we left his room and went for the meeting.

We arrived. As we got down the car, it was a huge building. We four enter the building. A receptionist came near us and guided us to a room.

As we entered the room. It was a large room. We four took our seats. About 5 minutes 3 men with suits entered the room. We all greeted them. Then the meeting was started.

The meeting continued for 2 hours. And now they gave a break for 15 minutes. I wanted to go to the washroom. So I excused myself and left the room. I dint know which direction to go in. I went to the receptionist and asked her which direction should I go in? I thanked her and went according to the directions she had given me.

As I was going back to the conference room. I felt HIM walked pass me.

I FROZE.

_______________________________________

Salam guys

Did you like the chapter. Please vote, comment and share.
And happy new year to all my readers. Love you all 😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1M 648K 70
Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, his brows touched together as he looked at...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
9.5M 289K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
637K 22.8K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...