The Original Demi Wolf

By SamanthaPerry0

This is similar to my other story: The Wolf Avenger Percy Jackson was seven when his mother was murdered... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 3: The Night of the Comet
Chapter 4: Friday Night Bites
Chapter 5: Family Ties
Chapter 6: You're Undead to Me
Chapter 7: Haunted
Chapter 8: The Turning Point
Chapter 9: Unpleasantville
Chapter 10: Fool Me Once
Chapter 11: Under Control
Chapter 12: Miss Mystic Fall
Chapter 13: Founder's Day
Chapter 14: Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 15: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 16: Plan B
Chapter 17: Masquerade
Chapter 18: Rose
Chapter 19: Hades
Chapter 20: By The Light of the Moon
Chapter 21: Daddy Issues
Chapter 22: Crying Wolf
Chapter 23: The Dinner Party
Chapter 24: The Last Dance
Chapter 25: Niklaus
Chapter 26: The Last Day
Chapter 27: As I Lay Dying
Chapter 28: The Quest for Protection
Chapter 29: Under the Moon

Chapter 2: Pilot

28.3K 657 373
By SamanthaPerry0

Tyler is going to be a bit less of a douche in this story while Vicki is a whore...kinda.

Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot

I clutched my books closer to me as I walked through Mystic Falls High. I was foot or two shorter than the teenagers here and while technically almost hundred year solder than them, still had the appearance of a seven year old boy.

It didn't help that I was as shy as a seven year old too, or how many times I accidentally acted like a seven year old boy.

So in other words, this was kinda terrifying. Especially the whispers and pointing that was being thrown at me.

I ducked and walked the halls quickly. Apparently too quickly as I accidentally ran into another kid.

"Watch it." A growl, angry voice said as my three books tumbled out of my hands and I lost my balance.

I flinched slightly but over the years got better dealing with angry or annoyed voices, "My apologizes." I said softly as I scrambled to grab my books before they got kicked around.

I heard a sigh and the person who was annoyed with me knelt beside me and grabbed two of my books, "You're Percy Jackson aren't you? One of the founding families that moved away some time ago?" The kid asked as he handed my books back to me which I clutched to my chest.

"Why does it concern you?" I asked softly and pushed myself back to stand in front of the kid.

"My name is Tyler Lockwood. My father told me that the Jackson family had recently moved back in during the summer and he wanted to meet your parents to discuss something that the founders are apart of or something." Tyler said his voice hard but didn't seem to be angry at me.

He actually seemed to be annoyed with his father about me. Which confused me greatly.

"My parents died when I was little, and my adoptive mother is usually moving around. She just allowed me to come back here to learn the place where my mother grew up and let me see the changes that have occurred." I said softly and saw that Tyler nodded.

I nervously shifted my arms as I tried to find the door to the history room I was suppose to go to with Mr.Tanner.

"Where you going kid?" Tyler asked with a sigh like he couldn't believe he was doing this.

"History. With Mr.Tanner." I said a bit louder than before as I felt my confidence go up a bit. That and Tyler didn't seem that bad, I don't think I have to be worried about him.

"I'll lead you there kid but I don't have his class." Tyler said and started to walk into the crowd of people where only after a few minutes I was getting a bit swarmed.

I scanned the hallways looking for Tyler who seemed to have melted into the crowd and clutched my books tighter. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up where Tyler was.

"Sorry about that kid, just stay close." Tyler said and he kept his hand on my shoulder and lead me through the school.

After a few more feet of walking we stopped in front of a room, "Good luck kid." Tyler said and he detached his hand from my shoulder.

"Uh, Percy. My name, it's Percy Jackson." I said awkwardly even though I just remembered Tyler already knew, shifting awkwardly I watched Tyler disappear into the hallway.

I slipped into the room quickly and found a seat near the back where I put my backpack down and instantly ducked my head into one of my three books.

I paid little attention even when the bell rang and I hesitantly put my book down to grab a notebook and pencil.

I did look up though when the other new guy came into the room. Rumor that was floating around was that his name was Stefan Salvatore. Though it seemed only I knew what the ring on his finger really meant.

Vampire.

Makes sense with the news that came on this morning about the two people. Though with how he acted he didn't seem to have much blood in him. Which begs the question if he didn't kill those two people who did?

Instead of doing anything about the questions or knowledge I knew, I just kept doodling in my notebook throughout the class and kept a somewhat eye out at my surroundings.

The day slowly went by until it was lunch time and I awkwardly entered the lunch line as I forgot to pack a lunch today.

I grabbed a milk and a sandwich with fries before awkwardly looking around the room. I was about to just slip out of the room when I saw Tyler who was staring at me.

I shifted nervously and saw Tyler beckon me over to him and some other dude with blond hair and wearing one of the football jackets.

With slightly hesitation I sat with Tyler and the other dude and set my backpack that contained my books and notebooks by my feet.

"Percy Jackson." I said to the other dude who was staring tables away at another group of kids--or at least one of the kids--with that doe look in his eyes.

Said kid didn't seem to hear me and I saw Tyler roll his eyes, "This here love-struck idiot is Matt Donovan." Tyler said and received a small glare from Matt.

"Shut up Tyler." Matt said rolling his eyes before looking at me finally realizing I was there, "Uh, hey?" Matt said glancing from Tyler to me.

"Percy." I said smiling slightly and allowed Tyler to just talk about things that I might've missed. Especially when I questioned about Elena who was the person Matt was making the doe look at.

"And she's acting fine?" I questioned with a small tilted head as I stared at Tyler.

"That's what she says." Tyler said his face making it show that he doesn't believe it one bit. I just hummed and finished my sandwich.

"I can say that, it's most definitely a lie." I said fingering the fries that didn't taste that good at all.

"How would you know?" Matt asked actually looking at me instead of Elena.

"My mom has been dead for years, and I still miss her everyday." I said staring at my tray instead of the two teens sitting by me.

It was silent for a moment before Tyler broke it, "Everyone goes to the grill later tonight because it's the first day of school. You going to come and hang?" he questioned trying to act cool and like I hadn't said anything mushy.

I smiled as I ducked my head. Yes I would definitely like Tyler as a friend, "Sure." I replied feeling like I just might like this small town after all, "but be expected that I'll bring a book with me." I said smiling lightly as I stared back up at Tyler.

"Great we're friends with a Booknerd." Tyler joked to Matt whose lips lifted slightly in a smile.

"Just don't be a dick." Matt said as he stood up to throw away his tray before motioning for me to give him mine, "I'm assuming you're done." he said and when I nodded, he grabbed the tray and made his way out after that.

"That was nice." I commented to Tyler who just rolled his eyes.

"Yes Saintly Matt doing good." Tyler joked as we both grabbed our backpacks and made our way out.

The rest of the passed a bit fast, I only had a few classes with Tyler, most of the time I had Elena and her friends Bonnie or Caroline in my classes and that was also mostly followed by Stefan too.

I entered the old mansion that Artemis insisted on getting for me for whenever she and my sisters decided to stop by.

The paint on the outside was peeling off and the whole place was surrounded by woods except near the entrance where there was neat cut grass and a small circular fountain that was working but needed a cleaning (though there was small fountain in the back that also needed a cleaning).  

No matter how much it needed a Gardener or a new paint job I absolutely loved it. Because it was surrounded by woods and made me feel so much at home.

That and apparently because the Jackson's were apparently one of the founders of the small town, meaning it had small portraits of Jackson's before I became an orphan, meaning there was a picture of my mom in there.

That and the large area was great for my wolf, one room in fact was designated for when I allowed my wolf to actually take complete over.

The room was right beside my actual room which had an forest and ocean theme mixed. The ceiling was painted with constellations while the walls held a forest look to them with wolves peaking out through plants or howling at the moon that was also painted on my ceiling.

My floor was a deep sea green and a part in the corner where I had painting supplies was almost like looking through glass in which you could see the ocean painted underneath it.

All in all, I loved the room that I actually hand painted myself. What over 100 years old you don't expect my ADHD brain to get bored? Painting was a way to distract myself actually pretty well.

Well that and the large library that I had that contained a few supernatural items...Witches grimoires' that I liked to read, a small Werewolf wolf bane farm, even a small vampire vervain farm too.

It also helped that all the windows were tinted that Vampires don't need to wear their rings in there but still look like normal windows.

I was reading in the library when the front doorbell rang throughout the house alerting me that someone was there.

Marking my book and then clutching it to my chest I got up and made my way toward the door. When I opened it Tyler was there looking at the house with interest.

He didn't say anything though, "Come on, we're going to Mystic Grill." Tyler said and I grabbed my favorite green hoodie with a howling wolf and slipped it on.  

Tyler barely spared it a glance as I slipped into his car and listened to Tyler talk about the Grill and what to expect.

"We're probably just going to play pool. You may meet a few of my football friends or basketball friends. They sometimes will be going in and out of the Grill." Tyler said and I just nodded in silence.

We were there quickly enough and Tyler and I slipped into a booth where Matt was already there and they ordered dinner while I just read from my book--I ate earlier.

I still kept an ear on their conversation and butted in every now and then, somehow slipping into their friendship was easy for some reason.

It wasn't until Vicki Donovan--Matt's sister--came by to get a refill for Tyler that I put my book down.

"Thanks Vick." Matt said to his sister as I placed my book on the table for now. I watched as Vicki ignored her brother and instead turned to Tyler with this suggestive look in her eyes and tone, "Need another refill."

What surprised me though was the fact that Tyler didn't have the same tone even though I knew there was history between the two of them, "Yes." Tyler's answer was simple as he picked at one of his fries not looking at Vicki which made Matt's eyes raise a little in surprise.

It wasn't until she left with a small huff and Tyler's glass that Matt spoke, "Please tell me you aren't not hooking up with my sister."

"I'm not hooking up with your sister." Tyler said and I could tell he was earnest, "It was a summer fling. Promise." Tyler said with his hands up in an 'I swear I'm innocent' gesture.

Matt just shook his head with a small smile on his face, "You're such a dick." he said but I could tell he didn't really mean it and watched as Tyler playfully punch Matt.

"And you know it." he said with a smirk before Vicki brought the drink back for Tyler with that same look in her eyes before she reluctantly moved away to give someone else their food.

"I don't like her." I commented as I stole one of Tyler's fries and watched as Matt raised his eyebrows as Tyler just huffed and rolled his eyes. Something that I guess Tyler doesn't really do. Oh well.

"You don't have to like her, just tolerate her when she's in our presence please." Matt said looking at me with a small puppy-dog look.

Which I responded to with a small childish pout and a sad look in my eyes, "Alright." I said and then crossed my arms childishly.

During my little act Tyler just rolled his eyes, "Alright Little Genius let's go play pool." he said pushing his food away and taking his drink with him.

"I don't know how." I said with a small frown.

"I'll teach you." Tyler spoke with a small bit of determination as Matt moved away to talk to Bonnie.

So reluctantly I allowed Tyler to teach me how to play pool which was a simple game really. Actually it was quite enjoyable.

As we set up for a new game Caroline--Elena's friend-- came over to talk with Tyler for a little bit and I let my eyes roam the room.

I looked toward Tyler who had gone silent and saw him and Caroline looking toward the entrance of the Grill. Turning I saw Elena and Stefan enter the place.

Stefan eyes locked with mine and I just tilted my head slightly before looking at Matt who had gotten up. I could see the barely concealed hurt in his eyes as he shook Stefan's hand before making his way back to Tyler and I.

From there Caroline went to Elena while Matt joined my team and we ganged up on Tyler who just joked about still beating us even though it was one verse two.

I couldn't see but I knew my eyes sparkled with mischievous, "Well let's make it one v one then." I said and shooed Matt to the side where Tyler just smirked in arrogance.

"What makes you think that you can beat me when you couldn't beat me with Matt's help?" Tyler asked with a smirk.

I smirked in response, "Because it's a game of angles. And I'm really good with angles and trajectories." I spoke thanking mother for how many times she taught me over the years.

All she ever said whenever I tried to weasel out of it was, "You never know when this knowledge will come in handy and I will not have a stupid son." she always spoke with determination which made me compliant to her teachings and studies.

Tyler's smirk feel almost in an instant and I saw that he looked excited at the prospect of a challenge.

Throughout the game I couldn't help but smirk, Tyler was so losing. It was actually very entertaining whenever Tyler glared at Matt who always made a comment about the fact he was losing to a seven year old (I told them my age at some point between lunch and school ending).

"A genius seven year old." Tyler said with a roll of his eyes before admitting defeat to me and told me that because I won, I got to get whatever dessert I wanted from here.

Looking over the menu I got a chocolate shake which I shared with Tyler and Matt, "You sure Perce?" Matt asked as he grabbed one of the spoons.

Tyler just rolled his eyes, "Free dessert Matt, shut up and eat." he said as he grabbed his own bite of the shake.

Overall it was a pretty fun night and I ignored the fact that Stefan would sometimes glance at me with eyes that were critically analyzing me.

The next morning Mr.Tanner actually started teaching which was interesting because it was the second day of school but oh well.

I was just doodling in my notebook once more, drawing a black wolf--actually me in my wolf form--howling up at the moon and had one ear on what was actually being taught.

It was slightly annoying because I already know exactly what is being taught, mother saw to that I knew everything about the history of Mystic Falls.

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr.Tanner asked the class, "Ms.Bennett?" Tanner asked Bonnie who was also doodling in her notebook.

Which this took place I took small notes in my notebook beside the picture I was drawing to study later just in case.

"Um...a lot?" I smiled at my notebook at her answer, "I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." She said and I had to duck my head from the smile that was quickly going on my face and ignored the feeling that I was being watched by Stefan again.

Thankfully he turned away quickly. "Cute becomes dumb in an instant Ms.Bennett." Mr.Tanner said not liking the cute answer Bonnie gave.

"Mr.Donovan." Mr.Tanner called out to Matt who looked up to face Mr.Tanner, "Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" Mr.Tanner asked Matt.

"It's okay, Mr.Tanner, I'm cool with it." I smiled because his response was also very Tyler like. No wonder they were friends.

The class laughed a little as Mr.Tanner turned toward Elena, "Hmm. Elena surely you could enlighten us about one of the town's most significant historical events?" he asked probably annoyed no one seems to know the answer. I just don't like drawing attention to myself.

"I'm sorry, I--I don't know." Elena said and I could smell the disapproval off of Mr.Tanner. Of course I wasn't talking about my enhanced sense of smell either (that I can technically turn on or off if I want) he just had the posture of disapproval.

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena, but the personal excuses ended with summer break." Mr.Tanner said with disapproval.

Stefan butted in so Elena didn't have to feel sorry for herself, making me give him some points and some respect in my book. So far I don't see anything wrong or ill-intent toward Stefan.

"There were 346 casualties, unless you're counting local civilians." Stefan said and I smirked inwardly a little.

"That's correct." Mr.Tanner said nodding a little, "Mr..." Tanner held up a finger toward Stefan, for some reason he didn't realize Stefan was there in his classroom. Does he know I am?

"Salvatore." Stefan replied to Mr.Tanner and saw Mr.Tanner look a little in surprise.

"Salvatore. Any relations to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?" Mr.Tanner asked actually looking interested in the answer.

"Distant." Stefan replied after he opened and closed his mouth for a second and I smirked, distant. Sure.

"Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle." Mr.Tanner said and I butted in before Stefan could.

"Actually, there were 27, sir." I spoke my voice small but smooth and the whole class turned toward me in surprise, of course that's not that shocking I haven't spoken to anyone but Matt and Tyler.

I tilted my head toward Stefan's general area but kept talking to Mr.Tanner anyway, "Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss." I spoke and in the corner of my eye saw Stefan tilt his head slightly in thanks and almost like a mutual agreement was made.

I was surprised when Stefan took over the conversation with adding, "The founder's archives are stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts. Mr.Tanner." I looked innocent and tried to keep the smile off my face at Stefan's reply and heard the class looked toward Stefan in amusement and other just chuckled that almost made it hard to keep the smirk off my face.

Mr.Tanner just glanced at Stefan and I in amusement as he just hummed and smiled a little like he finally found students who knew their history.

"What's your name?" Mr.Tanner directed the question toward me where I reluctantly closed my notebook and the green wolf eyes staring at me, "Percy Jackson sir." I replied softly and watched the interest spark in his eyes a second time.

"Are you also perhaps related to the Jackson settlers of Mystic Falls?" Mr.Tanner asked a small smile on his face.

I smirked inside and directed the answer toward Stefan without looking at him, "Distant." I said and you could hear the smirk in my tone.

In the corner of my eye I saw Stefan's lip turn upward in a second before it fell and felt the analytical eyes on the back of my head but could still tell he was amused.

Just as I had responded the bell had rung and Mr.Tanner had dismissed us, I was out of the door quickly but waited for Matt to come out so he could escort (because I get lost in the hallways easily with my small stature) me to my next class.

"That was awesome Percy." Matt said as we left the classroom doorway and made our way around the school.

"Oh Tyler wanted me to tell you that there's this party going on. It's a tradition and Tyler is going to drag you out there. We both agreed no beer for you but you can hang with us." Matt said and I just nodded my consent.

I can always have the small drink at home, I am technically old enough. I just don't do it too much for two reasons.

1. Gabe was a total drunk and when he got drunk everything I did deserved punishment.

2. Mom would kill me if I ever really drank too much. She only relents on the fact that I know how to control myself and that around full moon it helps my nerves that jump around.

Even though I don't have to change on a full moon, I still get jumpy, less tired, and get these annoying headaches some full moons.

Shaking my head at my ADHD, I just thanked Matt and passed the day from doodling in my notebook and half paying attention in class.

Finally I was home and for the three hours until Tyler would pick me up, I set up the archer station outside near the small fountain after calling for a Gardener and a person to deliver some flowers that needed to be planted where the dead ones were.

From there I just practiced my archery (which was pretty okay seeing as how I had one of the godly twin archers as a parent) and spoke with the Gardner I hired.

Before I knew it Tyler was there and was leading me toward the party which police officers would supervise from a distant.

"They aren't going to do anything?" I questioned looking at the person who seemed to be head police officer and looked remarkably similar to Caroline.

"Like I said, this is a tradition that even they did. It wouldn't make that much sense to stop what they also did in high school." Tyler said with a shrug when we caught the female police officers eyes and saw her frown as she made her way to us.

"What are you doing here?" She asked nicely as she knelt in front of me. I gave her a raised eyebrow.

"I'm a highschool student ma'am. My name is Percy Jackson if you must check. Don't worry I am not going to be drinking, just hanging out with Tyler and Matt." I said even when she frowned but nodded consent anyway.

As we walked away I saw her speak into her radio attached to her shoulder, "Who was that?" I asked Tyler as we made our way toward the small wooden structure that we were partying around.

"That's Caroline's mom. Liz Forbes." Tyler said as we messed around at the party. Tyler had one beer in his hand (his first) and was talking to me about time that Matt embarrassed himself while Matt tried to retaliate with tales of when Tyler embarrassed himself.

It wasn't until roughly 40ish minutes passed that Matt excused himself to go talk to Elena about something. Tyler and I were walking just outside the woods line away from the drunk people.

I was walking on this fallen tree, my hands outstretched trying to keep my balance as Tyler was slowly sipping his drink and we were talking about football tryouts that he had soon.

Suddenly Tyler was pushed against a tree and before I could react Vicki Donovan was kissing him and I made a disgust face.

Thankfully Tyler didn't seem to be enjoying himself as he pushed her off of him, "Enough Vicki, it was a summer thing. I'm not into you." Tyler said and even in the poor lighting I could tell he was annoyed at Matt's sister.

"Come on Tyler." Vicki said her voice had that alluring, flirty tone in it and I felt disgusted with her. She reminded me of the woman that my mother really disapproved (almost as much as male in general).

I watched as Tyler pushed Vicki carefully away again when she tried to jump on him again, "Enough. I already told you no." Tyler said and saw Vicki sneer at him.

"What going on here?" A kid who I didn't know asked as I carefully slipped off the tree I was just balancing on before.

"Take your little girlfriend home Little Gilbert." Tyler said glaring at; apparently, Elena's little brother.

"Just leave me alone." Vicki said removing her arm from where Elena's brother grabbed trying to escort her back up the hill. I watched as Vicki walked angrily into the forest and felt my stomach drop.

"You should probably follow her." I spoke to Elena's brother who glanced at me before walking toward the direction Vicki took.

Tyler watched for a second before glaring at the direction one last time and then turning toward me, "What were we talking about?" he asked as he helped me jump onto the large log and then followed me as I slowly balanced on it again.

"Football tryouts." I said trying to get the sinking feeling out of my stomach. Instead I focused on Tyler who nodded while taking a small sip and then launch back into plans he had for the team.

As I got to the end of the tree and jumped off, I almost slipped and twisted my ankle before Tyler caught me, "Thanks Ty." I spoke without thinking and saw Tyler smirk.

"Ty?" he teased and I rolled my eyes. (Yes Tyler and Percy will have a sort of brotherly relationship)

"Get use to the nickname." I said pushing him slightly and heard him just hum as we made our way back toward the pavilion.

We talked with Matt a little bit longer before Elena and her little brother broke through the crowd calling for help as Vicki had her eyes closed and blood on her neck.

I watched as both Matt and Tyler raced to her, Matt because it was his little sister and Tyler because Vicki was Matt's little sister (not because of feelings--I could tell).

I looked over and frowned at Stefan who was staring at Vicki and what happened to her. We caught eyes and I watched him slowly move back out of the crowd before racing off somewhere.

Shaking my head I told Matt to hand me a cloth and when he did I instantly place it over the wound, "Keep pressure. It'll help stop the bleeding at least until the paramedics come." I said and heard Ms.Forbes the Police Officer check to see how far out paramedics were before calling animal control unit.

I stayed by Tyler's side as the medics arrived and whisked Vicki away with Matt right beside them because he was family.

"Can we go home now?" I asked wrapping my arms around myself from a small burst of cold.

"Yeah." Tyler said as he grabbed his keys from his pocket and did the drunk test thing the Police were doing before sending the kids home.

We spent the car ride silent but that was alright because we both had a lot of things on our minds.

Like how was I going to talk to Stefan who seemed to have some sort of idea whose causing these attacks.  

Roughly 4700 words. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 5.7K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
83.9K 1.8K 55
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
42.2K 683 38
*COMPLETED* Percy never expected to die the way he did. He never expected to magically come back to life. He never expected to be in an army. And he...
29.1K 772 29
I'm Emily, I'd say my life was kinda normal, grew up with my mom, then around five, my mom became Luna. Yeah. I'm part werewolf, I had always been to...