That Wallflower (A One Direct...

By chips-aharry

After three years of being nothing, just a simple, invisible, nobody, the Player of The Fantastic Five takes... More

That Wallflower (Coming May 28, 2013)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Finally, right?)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 not edited. at all. sorry. :/
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's/ Apology Note *not edited so don't read if you're unedite phobic* :D
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (the A/Ns an absolute mess, people)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Ask away
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 26

393 23 5
By chips-aharry

Here’s an early update because-ya know- I’m AWESOME! Haha.

Can you guys help me make a playlist? I have some of the chapters covered, but if you have an idea or a chapter reminds you of a song feel free to comment of message/inbox. :D

And brace yourselves. >:D

Chapter 26

My eyes were wide as I stared at Cordelia. “Y- You’re pregnant?” she squeaked.

Her smile was sheepish as she stared at her fingers. “Yes.”

My mouth was agape in shock. Cordelia was pregnant. “Does- does your dad and my mum now?” I questioned.

She shook her head and her head shot up. “No! D- Don’t tell them!”

I sighed. No way. No way! She’s pregnant? A baby is currently developing inside her abdomen? My eyes narrowed onto her belly and I asked, “How long?”

She smiled. “Nearly seven weeks,” she said. “The doctor says that I might be one of those who won’t show for a while because I’m so thin.” She laughed.

I licked my lips. “Who’s the father?” I asked her.

Her smile dropped. She looked down again. “No one,” she mumbled. “I will raise this child on my own. I should be eighteen when its born, so maybe that will work in my benefit,” she said with confidence. She was back to smiling. “It was unexpected and at first I didn’t want it, but . . . now . . .” She trailed off. “I don’t know,” she sighed. “I want it more than anything. I think this baby will be the one.”

I frowned. “The one?”

She once again got that sad look. “The one that will truly love me,” she stated.

I stared at her. This was all happening so quickly. “When did you find out?”

Her eyes widened. She looked down and her mouth twitched. “I- uh- I almost . . .” She trailed off and then scowled to herself. “It’s not really important. It just kind of happened? I guess.”

My curiosity peeked. What did she mean? I thought.

She then blew out a puff of air. Then her brown eyes looked back to me expectantly. “Promise you won’t tell?”

I nodded without hesitation. Even if I was still hating her, after having her willingly open up (slightly) about it was a privilege I didn’t want to betray. I nodded and smiled. “I promise.”

She then sighed happily. “Well in that case I think I want to go to sleep now.” She lay back down on the bed and then glanced at me. “Thanks. You helped a lot today, Jade.” She smiled thankfully at me.

I nodded and stood up. I paused at the door, just about to leave. “Cordelia?”

“Hmm?” she turned her head back at me.

I was hesitant to ask the next question. “Is there . . . anything potentially between you and Harry? Or . . . definitely?” I asked slowly.

For a second she just blinked at me. I had thought she didn’t want to answer, but then she laughed. “Please. I was hoping for something. He’s hot, but he’s wrapped around one girl.”

“Oh.” I chewed the inside of my lip. “He is, eh?”

She nodded. “He likes that wallflower.” She then winked and giggled, turning over to her side.

I took that as a sign to leave and left.

That wallflower, eh?

~*~

I decided I could go back to my room with Cordelia for a moment, because I left my stash of Oreos there (boys are clouding my mind). I was walking there slowly, thinking. Was Cordelia really as terrible as I had always made her out to be? How has she been handling this news the entire time without anyone knowing? And all though she didn’t want to talk about the father, did that father at least know he was a father?

I reached into my bag and began to search for my keys. When I looked up I felt my eyes round a little. Niall leaned off the door and then his blue eyes looked at me earnestly. I bit my lip a little and then I said, “Hi.”

He nodded. “Hi.”

There was an awkward silence as we stood in the hall of the girl’s dorm rooms. I asked, “How long have you been here?”

He shrugged. “Ten minutes?”

I nodded. “I see six hours later you complied.”

“Better than six days, right?”

I snorted. “Touché.” I unlocked my room. “Would you like to come in?” I offered.

He seemed hesitant. “Should I?”

I blushed as I remembered the last time we were in this room together. I nodded. “It’s okay. I’ll keep myself to myself,” I smiled. He sighed and then stepped inside. I closed the door behind him. As we both stood, me against the door and him nervously shuffling before me I suddenly began to question if he was right. Maybe we shouldn’t be alone in my room together, I thought.

Looking at Niall I decided then and there I needed to tell him; I needed to let him go. He had feelings for me, but I wasn’t sure if I could truly reciprocate them. So it was unfair to cling to him. I want us to remain friends so I had to cross my fingers and hope he didn’t storm out like Gavin.

I sighed. “I’m sorry.”

He looked up from his converse he had been dragging across the carpet much to my chagrin (though I admit the action was kind of adorable.) “For what?” he asked slowly.

“Everything,” I answered honestly. I decided to move and sit on my bed since I was feeling tired. “I- I shouldn’t have kissed you, I was leading you on. The truth is Niall . . . you’re like my best friend and I . . . I don’t want to lose that,” I admitted.

He was silent. He watched me and his eyes narrowed. I felt cold by that look, but then his eyes went back to showing the usual kindness before they averted to the floor. “Did I . . .” He shuffled and then asked a question I have heard already. “Did I even have a chance?”

I actually found myself considering this. Did he? Was I ever really attracted to Niall? I love him, yes, but I’m not sure if it was ever potentially in a romantic way. He was my friend and I always was able to laugh and smile with him. He might’ve had a chance, I guess.

“I-” I began, but then pressed my lips together. “You might’ve,” I said as truthfully as manageable.

He nodded and then said, “So does this mean you choose Harry?”

I blinked in shock. Why does it all come down to Harry? I wondered. “Uhhh . . .” I trailed off, not really sure how to respond because it made no sense to me. How is it everyone thinks that I’m all for him? “I-I don’t think so,” I murmured.

Niall seemed to think this over. “Well one of us deserves to win the girl,” he said before he opened the door and walked out.

My mouth dropped and I just stared at the door with one question running through my mind. What the hell?

Harry

I tugged on the door and opened it. I just barely got in here, but since Cordelia was awake she insisted I be let inside. When I got in she was drinking from a juice box with an expression that seemed almost concentrated.

I chuckled. “I expect not a drop will be left behind in that box once you’re finished.”

When she looked up her brown eyes brightened and her lips came off the straw to pull back in a happy smile. “Harry!” she cheered throwing her arms in the air. I laughed because she really reminded me of a child seeing their parent after a long day at daycare.

“Hello, Cordelia,” I greeted, walking towards her bed. I sat on it by her and she had never looked so radiant. I didn’t know why, but I did know that it was ironic that it was on the day after she had been attacked. “How’s our patient?”

She rolled her eyes. “I’m fine. Not much of a head trauma or anything too serious though they gave me some medication for in case I get some headaches,” she explained.

“And we look so happy because . . .?” I trailed off expectantly.

Her smile faltered and I frowned. “Well today something special will happen that I really need,” she explained vaguely. “I- I’m too embarrassed to tell the whole story.”

“Oh. Well I’m sure when you’re ready you’ll-”

“I’m here for the ultra . . .”

Our heads looked to the door and Jade’s eyes were wide with her mouth open. “I-I mean yeah. I’m here,” she stated clumsily closing the door behind her. She smiled awkwardly. “Harry. Nice to see you here. What exactly are you doing here?”

My own mouth was kind of flopping around seeing as for some reason I couldn’t really think of a reason.

“Oh, you know Harry. He’s such a kind heart he came in to check on the patient.” Cordelia nudged my shoulder.

I chuckled. Now that I think of it, that didn’t sound like me at all. In fact I don’t even know why I started hanging out with Cordelia in the first place. I usually only hang out with my group and sometimes flirt with others, but for some reason I had developed a friendship with Cordelia quite quickly. Which brought me to ask a question that I’ve wanted an answer to for quite some time.

“Wait. You two are sisters . . . right?”

They shared a look and Jade walked further into the room. “Step sisters. To be specific,” she specified.

I nodded and Cordelia then said, “I’ll admit that before yesterday I have been a bit of a bitch towards Jade.”

Jade laughed. “I wasn’t exactly friendly either.”

“Yeah, well I was the one to push you away,” Cordelia retorted quietly.

Jade gave Cordelia a compassionate look before smiling. “I suppose so. But we are here for you and . . . well, whatever. I’m sure our appointment will be ready.”

I couldn’t help but feel as though they were keeping a secret from me.

Cordelia cleared her throat. “I . . . I think we can trust him.”

Now I was certain.

“Are you sure?” Jade asked.

Kind of offended over here . . .

“Well, you’ve known him longer than I have, so what do you say?” Cordelia turned.

Jade was quiet for a moment and I was wondering what her answer would be myself. “Well go on ahead. Tell him. He might as well join us if you really do have that much trust and confidence in him,” she stated.

I turned back to Cordelia and she had that delightful smile again, though it was brushed with shyness. “Well . . . I’m pregnant,” she said.

I honestly wasn’t sure how to respond. I definitely felt shocked even though this had no great significance in my life and I had known her less than a week.

“Wait . . .” I thought for a moment and then turned my body so I was looking directly at Cordelia. “Really?”

She nodded with that infectious smile. “I know! I know I should be unhappy since I’ll be in a lot of trouble and all, but . . .” She trailed off as her eyes looked to her abdomen where life was supposed to be forming. She placed a gentle hand there and I noticed she was crying. “This is just really important to me,” she sniffled.

“Well, that’s great!” I supported.

She laughed happily. She wiped under her eyes. “I was afraid you’d shun me or something.”

I scoffed. “Never.”

She was giggling when Jade’s voice reminded us she was still here. “So will he be joining us at the ultra sound?”

Cordelia bit her lip and turned wide brown and expectant eyes to me. “That would be Harry’s decision,” she hinted.

I smiled. “Of course I’ll come.”

They both cheered and then Cordelia pressed a button. A nurse came in and Cordelia grinned. “Can I see the baby now?” she questioned, bouncing in excitement.

The nurse nodded. “Of course. Right this way.”

As we were leaving I asked, “So will the father be joining us?”

She looked offended by the question. She shook her head. “No.” Her tone clearly stated that the conversation was sealed and done for. I sighed, but found myself questioning the identity of the child’s father.

~*~

The ultrasound went well. We weren’t quite certain, but the baby was possibly a girl and at the moment Cordelia was getting checked on once more and a bunch of other things. I was walking towards the door to just wait, because it was getting slightly depressing after having heard the grieving of a hysterical female and now I wanted to be outside away from the atmosphere.

When I heard Jade’s voice trying to stop me I quickened my pace.

“Harry!”

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and then slightly picked up my pace, guessing that she’d have to run by now since her legs are pretty short.

“Harry!” she repeated in aggravation.

I pushed open the door and walked straight into rain. I swore. Where the hell did all this come from? I wondered rhetorically in my mind. “Shit,” I said to myself. When I turned and saw Jade still approaching I decided to just keep going. Right now, I wanted her to understand how it feels to do the chasing.

I continued to walk and I saw her hesitate when she saw it was raining. I smirked at her. Girls, I thought dismissively. I saw her exhale and then push the door with one hand, the other holding her bag she lifted it over her head and then stormed out after me.

Great, I thought to myself. I sighed.

“Harry!” she called for what felt like the seventy eighth time. I was still looking for my car and soon it really was approaching seventy eight.

I finally turned around. “Jade!” I retorted loudly causing her to flinch just barely. She was finally in front of me. She crossed her arms over her chest and I did the same. “Why are you harassing me, exactly?”

She snorted. “You’re one to go off about harassment.”

I scoffed and then tried to continue walking but she grabbed my hand. “Hey!” I turned around with an expressionless mask. “I’m talking to you!”

“Then talk!” I exclaimed. “And when I say talk, I mean talk. Say something meaningful. Organize your words and your thoughts the way you organize your binder. I’m sick of questioning everything with you Jade! I’ve been following you around for the past three months to no prevail and I’m sick of the ‘I don’t knows’ and the ‘I’m confused and need space’ bullshit! When you know whatever the hell it is you want then you can come back to ta-”

“YOU!” she shouted. I stared for a moment, not sure what she was saying. She then smiled, “Harry, I want you.” She stepped even closer to me and then looking down at the sincerity in her eyes I began to believe her. “This entire time you were like a parasite that was constantly getting under my skin into my nervous system and I realize now that I get jealous when you’re with Cordelia and I miss those stupid aggravating tutoring lessons and I regret that you have never asked me to make up that favor or that I went with Gavin instead of realizing that this entire time what I really, really wanted was-”

I cut her off by grabbing her face and molding our lips together. After a moment I pulled back and looked down into her hazel eyes and she smiled as crystals of water got caught in her eyelashes.

You,” she finished in a whisper.

~*~

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OHHHHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!

It happened. :D

1) Did they ever hold each other tight like us?

2) Did you . . . ya know . . . spot it?

3) So I think Jade and Cordelia are off to a clean slate?

4) So I know you’re Jarry shippers and some of you still aren’t convinced about whether or not Cordelia is still a bitch (you never know) but you have to admit Cordelia and Harry’s FRIENDSHIP –ehem- is kinda cute . . .

5) or is that just me?

6) Do any of you guys watch @thatsojack on youtube?

I want to be best friends with him, omfg.

7) Cordelia and the father. She isn’t saying shat about it. Curiouser and curiouser . . .

Anyone wanna hear more about it??? >;)

8) So Jade+Harry+rain+hospital+heated arguments+lips= JARRY KISSS!

I know you guys love me.

So this story is in fact coming to a draw, but don’t worry! I am so going to do the sequel and when I do I will be certain to include Jarry still though it might be from the povs of those Jade hurt by accident.

Might.                                                                                         

Comment, vote, fan, and promise you’ll promote? Because if I get FIVE HUNDERED TOTAL VOTES (500) I will update on Saturday instead of waiting another full seven days.

Or maybe I’ll even update on Friday. :D

I love y’all!

- Angie Bear (who recommends looking at the sneak peek and then the actual book –ehem!)

Our next sneak peek is for ANOTHER Jarry fan fiction I have recently started updating since I now have to worry about That Wallflower as much (and did you get my pun earlier with Cordelia? Eh? Eh?) so here it is.

Believe (a Jarry faerie fan fiction)

“I’m sorry, Tulisa. I promise it won’t happen again,” I pleaded.

Tulisa fixed me with a hard glare. “What you did was wrong; inappropriate,” she practically spat at me.

I didn’t blame her, because it had been. I knew it was wrong, but guilt and remorse was all I could feel. And fear.

I nodded in agreement as warm tears fell down my face. I felt as though I was choking on my own lies. “I know, I know. I’m sorry, I am so, so sorry.” I clasped my hands together. “Forgive me, please. It won’t happen again. I promise. You have my oath, Tulisa.” I looked deep into her eyes and for a second I saw her. I saw my mother, my mentor.

“I do forgive you,” she said softly. “But that doesn’t change what you did,” she whispered, mostly to herself. “You give me your oath but I’m not sure what it’s worth anymore.” And as quickly as her kindness and love had returned it disappeared. Her jaw set and she said coldly, “Jadatha Rose Winter. I, Tulisa Sage Winter, as your mentor and leader see the wronging in what you have done. I must honor my court by seeing you are punished.”

My eyes widened as I suddenly understood what was about to happen. My wings fluttered as rapidly as my heart. “Lee. I’m still Jade-”

“You not only have disgraced me and yourself, but our entire village. I will not stand for this and I no longer trust you, Jadatha.”

I shook my head. “Tulisa!”

“I no longer believe in you, Jade.”

I cried out as I shook in pain. I shivered as cold attacked me and screamed as my back burned. I squeezed my eyes tightly in pain, shock and denial. This couldn’t be happening, it couldn’t be happening. I sobbed. “No, Tulisa!” Tears fell freely from my eyes as I fell to the ground. Through my blurred eyes I could see the look on my mother’s face.

“You do not belong here anymore, human.”

I gasped and then was falling, trailed by tears and screams before I hit the earth.

~*~

The faerie world is so very complex. Some of us are evil, I know. Not what you were expecting? We’re not like Tinker Bell in case you were wondering, though that’s a bit of a lie because there is a line of the good faeries. And we all are a part of an alliance with an element: air, fire, water, earth, and spirit.

Spirit faeries are rare. At the current moment there are none. The last one we had died a hundred years ago before I was even born. What am I? I’m allied with earth. It’s my home, honestly. Another thing about the good faeries, it’s true that we are based around belief. But not that of a child, but our mentors.

The laws of the faeries are not something to be broken.

And I made a mistake by breaking one of them.

I’m on earth now. Because my own mentor abandoned me because of my mistake.

I had lost hope. She didn’t believe in me anymore. And honestly? I didn’t either.

~*~

:* I kiss you for reading that. love ya!

Byeeee!

- Angie Bear

Continue Reading