Rishabala FF : It's In His Ki...

By lazyakabookworm

After she was jilted two weeks before her marriage, Madhubala is back in India with Sultan and Sahasra after... More

Part 01
Part 02
Part 03
Part 04
Part 05
Part 06
Part 07
Part 08
Part 09
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16 A
Part 16 B
Part 17
Part 18 A
Part 18 B
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23 A
Part 23 B
Part 24
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34 & Epilogue

Part 25

6.5K 343 22
By lazyakabookworm

Madhu had reached Ishaan's office to look for the kids, as that was their main hang out. She was about to knock on the door when she saw Ishaan standing a little away from her looking at the other side as he talked on the phone, she was about to go in when she heard his voice.

"Hello RK bhai?... John called, he has gathered information on Sahasra and I have told him to mail it to you, you might have got it by now... check it out and let me know if you want anymore details okay?"

Madhu stood there rooted for a second as she tried to process what Ishaan had just said on the phone. Did Shaurya get someone to check on Sahasra? Did he find out the truth or was he just confirming his doubt? What did that information contain? What could the information be? And who is this John?

Madhu realized that there was no use standing here and trying to guess everything, she had to confront Shaurya about it. She didn't want him coming here and telling everything to Sahasra, that too in front of everyone. He wouldn't care of the scandal and gossip that would cause; he would only be bothered about his daughter. She looked at Ishaan and he still had his back to her as he smoked away looking out. Without making any noise she ran towards RK's office.

Madhu was out of her breath when she finally reached RK's office and she had barged in without thinking. RK was sitting at his table with his laptop open. He looked tensed, excited, scared. Hearing the door open, RK looked up immediately and saw Madhu standing there as pale as a white paper. He was immediately concerned. "Madhu?" RK was about to get up, when Madhu ran to him "Shaurya, Sahasra... Sahasra" "What happened to Sassy?" RK asked scared as Madhu just kept repeating their daughter's name. "I can't..." and Madhu stops. She was going to say that she can't live without Sahasra when her eyes fell on his laptop screen which was downloading a file named 'Sahasra S K'. Seeing her look at the screen RK immediately minimizes the screen and looks at Madhu.

What if he doesn't know anything? What if he has just a doubt and was confirming it? Ranbir had said that Shaurya didn't know anything and Ranbir had promised her that he won't tell Shaurya anything about it. So what if, Shaurya didn't know anything? I have to find out what is in the file. But how?

"Madhu?" RK shakes Madhu and she looks at him in shock. "What is it? Where is Sassy?" RK asks her tensed. Did she see the file I was downloading? RK's question gave Madhu an idea and she looks at him and says tensed "I can't find Sahasra." "What do you mean you can't find her?" RK asks her angrily. "She was playing near the fish tank with Omi and now they are not there." She said tensed, though she was tensed about totally another thing. RK sighs "That's it? She might be in Ishaan's or Garima's cabin." "I don't know, I am getting really worried." Madhu said "What if she is not there?" "Why are you thinking like this?" RK asks irritatedly, he just wanted Madhu to leave so he could check out what John has sent him. "Why don't you just go check?" "You come with me. I am just scared." Madhu said getting another idea. RK was irritated to the core, he just wanted to read the file but he knew Madhu wouldn't leave just like that, so instead of wasting time he decided to get it done with. He picked up his phone and pressed a button. "Garima, is Sassy there?" RK asked irritated "Okay then connect me to his room." RK listened to the phone ring for 4-5 times losing his patience when suddenly it was picked up "Halo" He passes the phone to Madhu immediately "Halo?" "Sahasra." Madhu said. "Mama? Why did you call?" "Where are you?" she asked looking away from RK who was glaring at her. "Ishaan uncle's room." "Okay. Come to Rishu's room. Don't you want lunch?" Madhu asked feeling his eyes burning her skin; she knew he wanted to kill her just then. "Come fast, Rishu will take you for ice-cream after lunch." Madhu said "Okie." She said excitedly. Madhu hangs up and slowly looked at RK and gives him a weak smile "She was with Ishaan." "Why did you tell her that I would take her for ice-cream?" he asked her not hiding his displeasure. "She won't eat lunch otherwise." She says. "Well you could have told her that you would take her? Why did you tell her that I would take her?" he asked getting angrier by the minute. "Because you are the one who usually takes her." Madhu said "Why? What happened today?" she asks feigning ignorance. RK immediately gets on his guard, he couldn't get her suspicious. "I have some work to do." "If you want I will do it for you." She offered knowing full well what that work was. "No, it's okay." "We are here!" Sassy announced as she ran in with Omi. Seeing Sassy, RK's anger disappeared immediately. As much as he hated waiting to read the file, he knew he had to do it he couldn't break Sassy's heart.

RK, Sassy, Omi and Madhu had lunch together. Sassy and Omi were happily chatting away while Madhu and RK remained silent listening to them. After lunch, Sassy and Omi turned to RK to take them for ice-cream. "Okay. Come let's go." "Mama, you are not coming?" Sassy asks Madhu sweetly. "No baby, I have some work." Madhu replied. "Okay." Sassy replies disappointedly, RK was just too pissed with Madhu that time to invite her for ice-cream; so they all left. Once she was sure they left Madhu ran towards RK's cabin. She checked his laptop and found the file was completely downloaded; she immediately opened it and was shocked to find a copy of the Sahasra's birth certificate and also some details regarding Sahasra from the hospital she was born in. Madhu was shocked reading it; the person had found every single detail on her daughter. It had her weight when she was born, how long they had been in the hospital, it even had that Sahasra was born a week late than the due date. Madhu looked at the clock and it's been just five minutes since they left.. She knew she had some time... Sahasra and Omi would taste every single flavor there before they decided on which ice-cream to have, and she also knew they would pester Shaurya for one more ice-cream and Shaurya would agree. She knew that would give her vaguely around half an hour. The birth certificate was in image format... she quickly saves the image and goes to photoshop and goes on to change the details. Father's Name column was left blank before, there she entered Sultan Kapoor. As she typed the name she started feeling disgusted with herself but she still went on to do it, her daughter is everything to her, she would not let anyone take her away. Then she went on to change such details which could have confirmed Shaurya's doubt or belief as she was not sure whether Shaurya knew the truth or was just suspicious, she prayed to God that he was just suspicious. She even changed the born a week late and added born 2 months premature. Once that done, she quickly changed the images and saved the file. And cleaned the 'Recent' folder from C Drive and quickly ran out.

She closed the door and was about to go to her cabin when she bumped into Shaurya who was walking with Omi and Sassy. "What were you doing in my cabin?" RK asks her suspiciously; quickly recovering she asked "Why did you take so long? I came to see if you people were back." RK continues to look at her when Madhu quickly looked away and looks at Sahasra "How many ice-creams did you have?" Sahasra quickly smiles at her. Madhu frowns at RK so that he doesn't get suspicious "I said just one ice-cream." "Oh! We thought one of every flavor." Omi said looking least guilty among the three. Madhu turns to glare at Shaurya, now she was really angry. How can he just get them ice-creams like that? Suddenly Sassy ran to her and hugged her waist "I love you, Mama." Madhu turns to glare at her, but sees Sassy looking at her with so much mischief; she was her father's daughter. She couldn't help smile at her daughter "You are becoming a shaitan day by day." Sassy giggles hearing that. RK was about to walk to his cabin when Sassy and Omi started following him demanding that he play with them as he hasn't Played with them the whole day.

When it was time to leave, Madhu walked into RK's cabin and found him Playing with the other two Snake & Ladder. She smiles seeing them fighting. "3 is on 75, and snake eats you and you come down to 46." Omi argued. "No, 3 is on 76 and I climb the ladder and reach 93." RK argued. "NO! 1... 2... 3... 75!" Sassy said. "Why are you counting from 73? Count from 74. I was on 73!" RK lied. "No, you were on 72." Omi and Sassy argued back. "I was on 73." RK argues. "No, you were on 72." Madhu declares. RK turns back and glares at her "No one asked you." "72." Madhu grins back. "You were not even here." "So?" "So how will you know where I was?" "Because, last round I heard you scream 72!" "I screamed 73." RK lies again embarrassed that he was caught. "Cheater Cheater!" Omi and Sassy screamed. "Fine! I am not playing!" RK said pissed and was about to get up. "You are going?" Sassy asks with a puppy face which has been working like a charm on everyone specially Rishu, Sullupoo and Omi. And as usual RK falls for it and sits down "Okay, then I will throw the dice again." RK demanded. While Omi looks irritated with the condition Sassy immediately agrees. "Then you are on 72." Omi demanded. "Okay." RK agrees and throws the dice and sat there in shock while everyone burst out laughing. "THREE AGAIN!!!!" Sassy laughs. "HA HA HA Cheaters never prosper!" Omi said poking his tongue out at RK while RK sat there embarrassed. "1 2 3.. oops snake.. and 46!" Omi said as he moves RK's red button down the snake.

A while later Ranbir came to call Omi as he was leaving. After they left, Madhu turned to look at RK "We will leave?" RK wanted to check out the file as soon as possible but then the idea of Madhu and Sassy going home alone didn't sit well with him. If he could wait for so long, then he can wait some more time. "Yeah, let's go." RK says as he starts packing his laptop.

The drive home was silent as RK and Madhu were lost in their thoughts while Sassy slept off having missed her afternoon nap that day. Madhu knew that RK hasn't read the document. He looked tensed. As every other minute he would either bite his nails or keep his hands over his stomach. Biting his nails was his bad habit since long, when he was tensed or confused he usually bites his nails though keeping his hands over his stomach was a new habit he got. She didn't know which habit she disliked the most. But she was not thinking of all that just then, she was feeling disgusted with herself for what she did. Shaurya had every right to know about his daughter but she for her own selfish reasons is snatching that right away from him. She couldn't help feel low about herself. Shaurya had cheated her once and now she is cheating him. But she knew for a fact that if she has to do it again, she would. Her daughter is all she had, and she would never let anyone take her daughter away from her. After dropping off Madhu and Sassy at their house RK went to his house and immediately turned on the laptop and checked the file.

Madhu was getting anxious, it's been three hours she got home, and she was getting tensed about Shaurya. Had he believed what was in the document or would he know she had changed everything. She wanted to go and see what was happening but then she was just too scared to do that. She was wondering what to do when Sahasra came asking her whether she could take her to Rishu's house as Rishu hadn't come home as he usually does and she was missing him. Madhu immediately agreed and took Sahasra towards RK's house as now she had a reason to go there.

The door was opened and she took Sahasra inside. As she put Sassy down and turned on the lights she saw RK sitting on the couch defeated with his laptop on his lap. When the lights came on, RK came out of his reverie and looked around to find Madhu and Sassy standing there. Seeing Madhu standing there he wanted to kill her and then kill himself. How could she have someone else's baby? How could she let another person touch her? How could Sassy be somebody else's? She should be his. No one could love her the way he loves her. Not even Madhu.

Seeing RK looking at her accusingly with tear strained face, Madhu felt like killing herself for causing so much pain for him. Whatever he did to her, she loved him a lot and would always love him, then why is she doing this to him? She wanted to tell him the truth that she had changed everything; she might have told him everything if he hadn't looked away from her. Once he had looked away, she realized why she had to do all that in the first place, he had turned his back on her before. If he hadn't, they would have been happily married.

"What happened, Rishu? Why are you crying?" Sassy asked him almost in tears. RK looks at Sassy and hugs her close to him as he let the tears flow once again. Seeing him hug their daughter like that, Madhu couldn't stand there without telling everything to him. She turned back and ran out of the house.

"What happened, Rishu? Please don't cry." Sassy asked him sadly. RK closes his eyes. He was so sure that Sassy was his. She was like him in more than many ways. Even after seeing the birth certificate he was damn sure she was his, as she was born on August, around the time she should be born if she were to be his but then he had come down to the hospital records and his world had come crashing down when he found out that she was a premature baby. Premature baby meant she was not his. He had been a fool running behind something that was not his; he had been a fool seeing things that was not even there. He realized that he was going to be alone for the rest of his life. He lost Madhu, Mom and now Sassy. His life was again dark and meaningless.

"Don't cry Rishu." Sassy begged as she wiped his tears. "I feel like crying when I see you cry." Seeing Sassy close to tears, RK quickly wipes off his tears "I am sorry, baby." he says. "It's okay. But why are you crying?" RK keeps his hand on her cheek and kisses the other cheek tenderly and says "I thought something was mine, but now I found out that it was never mine." RK says sadly. "That's all? We will buy a new one, then." Sassy says as she tried to console him. "No, I don't want a new one; I want that only because I won't be able to love a new one like I love that one." RK says trying to hold back his tears. "Oh." Sassy says sadly. RK starts smiling through his tears as he watched her go into deep thoughts to ease his pain "Whose is it?" she asked him. "Why?" he asked back not knowing how to answer and not wanting to answer that question. "So we will ask him to give it to you." Sassy says. "They won't give me, because it's too precious." RK says looking away to hide his tears. "Then we will pray to God, Mama says that if we want something then we should pray to God and he will give it to us." Sassy said. When RK didn't reply to that, Sassy continues "I will pray to God and ask him to give it to you. I will be a good girl and listen to whatever Mama says. God always listen to good children's prayers." Sassy promises. RK was just too touched with what she offered to do for him, he immediately hugs her "I love you, Sassy." "I love you too, Rishu."

An hour later Madhu realized Sahasra hasn't come back. She wiping off her tears decides to bring her back and walks towards Shaurya's house. She walked in and stood shocked as she took in the sight before her. Sahasra was sitting on the couch as RK slept with his head resting on her lap. She was patting him on his head gently as he slept. She slowly walked towards them and kneeled down next to them. "Mama... don't make noise. Rishu is sleeping." Sassy whispered to her mother. Madhu looks at her daughter and nods her head and then slowly runs her hands through his hair. He looked so fragile then, she hated herself for doing this to him. She knew she could never tell him the truth but like Ranbir said she could give him the right of father and she was going to do that. Leaning down, she slowly kissed him on his temple.

Next day.

RK had come to pick them up in the morning though he didn't say much to Madhu, he was busy chatting with Sassy. He tried to put up a happy face, though Madhu easily saw through it.

RK was sitting in his cabin when Madhu walked in and handed him one brochure. "What is it?" RK asked as he took it from her. "Sultan had got admission for Sahasra in that school. Do you think it is the best school for Sahasra?" she asked him. RK was shocked at her behavior as he really didn't understand why she was asking him that. "She is starting school next week. So I just wanted to ask you whether you like the school and do you think it is good for Sahasra." Madhu said, as she had decided that every decision she was going to make on Sahasra would be taken only after getting Sahasra's father's approval. RK looks at the brochure "Omi studies there. I think it is the best place for Sassy. And Omi will also be there to take care of her." RK says with a smile. "Okay great." Madhu smiles and was about to walk off when she turned to him and told him "I have to buy her uniform, books, bags and all." Madhu said. "Okay, take the day off." RK told her but Madhu remained there looking at him. "What?" he asked confused. What the hell did she want? "I don't know any shops here." Madhu said. "Oh! I will take you then." RK says. "Okay." Madhu smiles and walks off while RK sat there confused and shocked thinking what had just happened.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 961 1
Madhu after her divorce, for her parents marries RK. How RK, Madhu and his daughter, Ruhi fill the void in each other life forms the story.
10K 575 1
RK is getting engaged, but his best friend and the one true love of his life, Madhubala asks him a favor. She wants him to give her a baby. Cover C...
20.2K 644 1
RK and Madhu have an arranged marriage, and how they deal with the initial small issues in every marriage. Cover Courtesy : ImOrginal aka Nithya
92.3K 2.6K 5
After RK chose her sister Dipali over her, Madhu has been trying to move on. She hasn't seen him since then but a promise to her mother forces her to...