SECRETS & THRILL. (lesbian, g...

By robittussin

NAME CHANGED FROM TTOS, I DIDN'T WANT TO BUT I HAD TO. © robittussin 2016 "you're impossible, caroline." the... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
thirteen and a half
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
(i can't believe you're) twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four

ten

16.6K 456 143
By robittussin

kathleen carter

I knew this wasn't heartbreak. Heartbreak was far less humiliating. This was most deprecating to my self worth, not my heart. Although you could argue those are one in the same.

I don't know how long I spent sitting, staring at the door, left wide open. I was right, point blank. She was just using me as a challenge. It was evident by the last words she spat at me.

I willed my sadness into rage. Anger was a much easier emotion to process. Sadness enables other people to hurt you, while anger enables you to hurt other people. I was confident in my own ability to keep myself from hurting others, but not in the ability of others to not kick me while I was down.

"She thinks she's such a fucking player, I bet. As if I care what some sixteen year old thinks of me," I said to myself. "I've got a good job. I've got a husband. No one's ever gonna love her."

~~~

I practically jumped out of my seat when I heard the door open.

"Peter, finally you're home," I called to my husband, sounding pathetically sensual.

He laughed, "Sure am."

I stood and walked to him, running my hand down his shoulder and down his chest where his shirt buttoned. I bit my lip and looked up at him. He smirked and tangled his fingers in my hair.

I wanted to love it. It used to be my ultimate fantasy, a Fifty Shades esque sex life with a guy who could take me over. But now, Peter simply looking down at me felt completely out of place. It was humiliating, and I didn't like it. I wanted to be the dominant one.

But I couldn't exactly get behind being a dominatrix to Peter. It went against everything I was used to with men, and he wouldn't like it. It didn't feel right.

Caroline.

I wanted to be looking down at her, there was nothing else that fit. It clicked too quickly.

I kept staring at Peter. I was so in love with that face, but now I couldn't stand it. I couldn't even look at it. The tears starting to swell in my eyes were obvious, I knew, from how Peter's expression changed from suggestive to concerned.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I took another moment to stare at him before turning around and running off. I locked myself in our bedroom, but I couldn't bare to lay on the bed.

"Kathleen," he called after me. But thankfully he didn't follow.

I sat on the floor, my back resting against the wooden frame of the bed I shared with my husband. I was crying heavily now-watered down eyeliner inking my hands black. My instant reaction was shame, for I believed I was overreacting. But it wasn't me that was overreacting. It was my brain. It was possible that now, because of Caroline, that I would never be able to look at my husband the same way. Now that I knew how great it felt to be with her, my mind couldn't settle for any less.

Then, I realized something. Being with Peter was settling for less.

I shook my head. Sexually, sure, maybe. But I wasn't in love with Caroline.

I stopped crying. I could handle this. I could make this work. A bit of lying would save everyone. Looking back, I think I came to this decision in an irresponsible mindstate, evident by my emotions and the choice itself. But that didn't stop me.

I took a few deep breaths, feeling suddenly relieved. I stood up and grabbed my phone from the nightstand. I stepped to the very back of the room, as far from the door as I could get. I worked quickly in order to stop my own mind from changing.

She picked up on the third ring.

"Caroline," I breathed into the phone as soon as she answered.

"Speaking," she said, audibly confused.

"Do-Do you actually want to be with me?" I stammered, trying to keep my breathing steady.

"What, because of what I said earlier? Kathleen, yes, I do want to be with you, as much as I hate to admit it. Why?" she asked.

"You promise?"

She sighed. "Shut up. I promise."

"Let me pick you up," I said quickly.

"Right now? Kathleen, it's eleven pm."

"Goddammit, if you actually want to do this, let me pick you up."

"But my parents-"

I exhaled heavily. "Caroline."

"Christ, I'll try. I'll send you my address. Park at the roundabout down the road. Let me know when you're here. What the hell am I doing..."

She hung up. I was panting. I hopped up from the floor and sped out of my bedroom. I halted at the sight of a worried Peter with his hands crossed sitting on the couch in our living room. He looked up at me.

"Peter, don't worry about it, okay? It's not you-it's me. I'm gonna sleep at my sister's tonight, but don't worry. Please," I lied. He paused for a moment.

"Kathleen, I'm sorry-"

"Don't be. I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I just need a night," I said, forcing a smile onto my face. I was in a hurry to see Caroline. I spun around towards the door.

"Alright. I love you," he called after me. I couldn't bring myself to answer.

author's note:

hey guys! thanks so much for the reads! breaking one hundred means a lot to me. i'm updating really often just because i honestly love these characters and how the story's flowing-sorry if it's annoying lmao. hope you guys are liking it! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722K 15.3K 53
Teacher x Student. Steamy. Romantic. Intriguing.... RATED MATURE FOR ADULT CONTENT SUCH AS SEXUAL SITUATIONS, ALCOHOL, DRUGS, AND LANGUAGE. READER DI...
3.1M 94.2K 31
girlxgirl HIGHEST RANKING(S): #1 IN GIRLONGIRL #1 IN GIRLS #1 IN TEACHER #5 IN GXG An emotionally battered woman with a craving for a attention and a...
11.5K 288 54
Eli is like everybody, a normal senior high school student who wanted to make her last year in high school memorable. She's dealing with some emotion...